Start by marking “The Stolen Sky (Split City #2)” as Want to Read:
The Stolen Sky (Split City #2)

The Stolen Sky

(Split City #2)

Arden and Dade are running for their lives from a city on fire; they’re wounded, desperate, and shadowed by two families who want them dead. But it’s Dade’s debt to a devious crime lord that plunges them further into danger—especially with their mining planet in chaos…

The ruling Solizen have grown more calculating, while the Undercity population remains trapped in the dark
Published December 5th 2017 by Skyscape

Start your review of The Stolen Sky (Split City #2)
Deztini Clark
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is full of twists and surprises. The end had me sitting on the edge of my seat, or couch I should say 😂 I love Arden’s character. Sometimes female protagonists can turn a little soft once they meet their love interest, but Arden doesn’t waver. She’s as strong and resilient as ever. I can’t wait for the 3rd installment!
Tony Parsons
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dade Croix (m, aka Ghost) had Arden Murray (f) in his arms. They were on the run.
The life-saving VitD supply no longer exist.
What did Saben (guard), & Dade discuss?
Sky Tower 1-2. Solizen (governmental benefactors) ruled over everyone.
Dade had met & befriended: Mina (weapons buyer), Coco (f), Annem (f), Roan, Nastasia (P/T), & Venz.
Tower 2. What did Dade confront Hernim Croix (Dade’s father, Croix Industries head) about?

What is going on with Father Benedict?

I did not receive any type of compen
Jack Hansen
Arden and Dade develop their relationship as a couple in this book. They hardly have time to work on their complex romance as he, an affluent Solizen (elite), and she, an Undercity rebel, are running for their lives throughout the story.

The Stolen Sky abounds with betrayal and perseverance in a dystopian society. The elite families manipulate the government (govies) and the rest of the population by controlling life-sustaining Vitamin D (VitD) and doling out addictive drugs to pacify broken spi
Lynne ♠ The Book Dragon ♠
I received this book on NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

4/5 Stars - A solid sequel to The Breaking Light

Full of non stop action and beautiful world building, The Stolen Sky was a solid sequel to The Breaking Light. The characters were enjoyable to read about and the premise of the book - to steal the VitD needed to help those with Violet Death from the govies - kept me turning pages for hours. I enjoyed Arden's character - a take no prisoner attitude - and Dade's character - the steal
Dixie Petersen
Terrific sequel to Breaking Light!

The author has certainly created a fascinating world! Deciding which part of that world Arden fits in is making a fun and compelling story. Vivid descriptions, interesting technology, a real division in social status, great characters with a major goal in mind -- add all those together and you have a terrific story!

Please note, I won this book in a Goodreads book giveaway. I had been watching for it to be released and intended to purchase it. Those facts do not
Jeff
I won this a while back in a Goodreads giveaway. This is the first book I've read in the series and the first thing I've read by the author.

The good: I like the characters, the follow was mostly great, and the concept was really good. The bad: there was a lot of sexual tension between the 2 main characters which I found distracting to the main story. I get it, they think they're soul mates, get on with the story. It would have been helpful to read book 1 in the series and given the opportunity t
ops
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good sequel, but I'm rooting for supporting characters

It was a good followup, but Arden's character is starting to grate on me. It seems like she isn't growing or progressing but rather doubling up on her unreasonable aggression and lack of cooperation. That she seems to be rewarded for her bad behavior, is making me care about her less. I find myself staring to want to see her lose significantly in order for her to learn humility. She is to arrogant by half.

Mina, on the other hand...
Chris Rusanowski
If you liked the Split City #1 - The Breaking Light, then you will probably like this book. I thought this book was not as enjoyable as the first, and really only read it to continue the story from the first one. This second book had too much going on where the main characters were just sort of floating along with lots of moments where they were blind-sided/surprised. The first book was much better at having a single cohesive story line.
Tammey
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series keeps getting better and better. I can almost imagine being there, as the city is described in such detail. I think it really touched base with the true Arden, the hidden side of her through all her complicated relationships. She has remained strong and determined throughout this series. Other books usually turn a woman to putty when they get the guy. We're still seeing she's kick *ss and hopefully that doesn't change. I can't wait for the next one !
Emily
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
The Stolen Sky was a really great read. If you’ve read my review of 'The Breaking Light', you’ll know that I wasn’t all too keen on picking this one up. Mainly because the first one was a bit iffy for me. But I’m really glad that I picked this one up and kept reading.
This book toward the end gripped me. I didn’t want it to end. I wanted more. I can’t wait until the third installment of this series comes out to see where Dade and Arden’s journey leads them next.
Devon
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Disappointed

Good story line but the 2nd book seemed to be lacking from the 1st. In the 2nd book I felt like there were gaps between chapters. Like missing information that would've been nice to know and would've made the writing more complete.

Then the book just ends. There are so many loose ends, more story to tell. I am very disappointed there isn't a book 3 or more.
Robin R Finch
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Satisfying

I read the first book in this series and was caught up in the lives of Arden and Dade. This book takes off where the first left off. There is still a lot of action, romance, backstabbing, and shifts in power. Not sure how many books are planned at this point, but I'm a fan.
Chris
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I decided to give this a go after Heather Hansen put forward that it would be something completely different to the Romeo & Juliet re-write of the first novel. What I did enjoy about the first instalment was the setting and the peripheral characters so I decided to give it a go...

This time out, the romance was given less priority but there was still too much for my personal taste and Arden is beginning to grate on me a little with her persistent 'must go it alone' attitude. With Saben coming mor
loraine cooke
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 in the series

A good follow on from the first book. Well written likeable characters and follow on storyline. Would recommend to anyone who liked the hunger games / Divergent.
Ashley
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better than the first, however not quite 4 stars yet. It took me much longer to read than it should have, because I could just not get into. I felt maxed out after 20 pages. And I skimmed the last 30 pages.
Mark Bodenstein
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Lots of action that I enjoyed. Still struggling to believe in and care about the characters. Occasional awkward sentences that could use editing. Overall I’m still interested enough to want to read the next book in the series.
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really have enjoyed this dystopian series, strong female lead and an interesting male counterpart. Lots of twits and engaging plot. I’m just wishing the next book was out so I could continue the series!
Lisa Eiff
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Continuing story of a world with no sun

I enjoyed reading this book. Our MCs go against their families to protect others around them and so they can be together. Dystopian tale set in a world where 'VitD' is of high value and used to manufacture a street drug.
Karl Poff
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another step

The first book in the series was a variation on Romeo and Juliet, in this book and coffee beyond and builds her own story as she continues to develop her characters and expound on her story. No longer a variation but a wholly new adventure.
Tamara
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Split stolen sky

As Arden and Dade continue in this tale favors will be called loyalties will be questioned and friends will be lost and maybe found great reading
Brad
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really fun ride. Action is almost non-stop. Overall, the book is a step up from The Breaking Light, the first in the series. Definitely worth checking out.
Shezell Wyant
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can’t wait for the next book to come out!!!
Alan Collins
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good followup, but slow

Slow at the start but it does pickup, ready for book three...
Overall a good follow up to the first book.
Lori Bernards
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Surprising

I was sucked in by book one and didn't want book two to end. Waiting for the next book will be tough.
Stephen Burks
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

Great sequel to the first book. It will be hard to wait around for the story book n this sags.
Sidney
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great storyline

Great read with well thought out storyline and awesome Siri tech to back it up! Love the plots within plots
Michele foster
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent Read

A fun little book. Seems a little jumpy through the middle. But overall, it's a fun storyline. Will more than likely read the next one, if she continues the series.
Anita
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast read

Fast read. Kept my interest but the ending just stopped and I would have liked a little more at the end to show the direction of the closure.
K. Counihan
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, but book 1 was better

Good, did not like as much as I did the first one.
Will still read book 3 when it comes out.
Maria
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Reading it was sometimes enthralling and other times frustrating, as I've most good books are. I fell in love with the characters when I first read "The Breaking Light," so I was quick to jump on this sequel. I held onto it, though, until I found time to re-read the first one, then was able to jump immediately into The Stolen Sky. I found myself identifying with both of the main characters at different times, relating strongly to their character flaws and understanding why the ...more

• Siege and Sacrifice (Numina #3)
  • Myths and Mortals (Numina #2)
  • The Rule of Many (The Rule of One, #2)
  • A World of Secrets (The Firewall Trilogy, #2)
  • Everafter Song (The Evermore Chronicles #3)
  • Into the Hourglass (The Evermore Chronicles, #2)
  • Smoke & Summons (Numina #1)
  • Sucks to Be Me: The All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton, Teen Vampire (maybe) (Sucks to Be Me, #1)
  • The Killing Fog (The Grave Kingdom, #1)
  • A Girl From Nowhere (The Firewall Trilogy, #1)
  • The Electric Heir (Feverwake #2)
  • Three Cups of Deceit: How Greg Mortenson, Humanitarian Hero, Lost His Way
  • Unite Me (Shatter Me, #1.5, #2.5)
  • The Chromebook Infused Classroom: Using Blended Learning to Create Engaging Student Centered Classrooms
  • Now, Then, and Everywhen (Chronos Origins #1)
  • Defy the Worlds (Constellation, #2)
  • Extinct (Extracted Trilogy, #3)
  • Defy the Fates (Constellation, #3)
Heather Hansen was born in California, the oldest of five children. She always knew she wanted to be a writer, and she wrote her first book, a murder mystery in the style of Agatha Christie, in seventh grade. Unfortunately, she never could figure out who the murderer was, so the book went on for hundreds of pages, introducing new characters only to kill them off in the most gruesome ways her twelv ...more

Split City (2 books)
  • The Breaking Light (Split City #1)