Start by marking “Howl's Moving Castle Film Comic, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Howl's Moving Castle Film Comic, Vol. 1

Howl's Moving Castle Film Comic, Vol. 1

(Howl's Moving Castle Film Comics #1)

Sophie thinks of herself as plain and boring, especially compared to her vivacious younger sister Lettie. Sophie expects to spend the rest of her life quietly making hats in the back room of her family's shop, but as her country prepares for war, she is forced to set out on an extraordinary adventure!

After a escaping the unwanted attentions of some bored soldiers with the
Published August 2nd 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 1st 2004)

Start your review of Howl's Moving Castle Film Comic, Vol. 1
Ladan
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: miyazaki
Among all the characters, Calcifer was my favourite one!
Pepper Thorn
Mar 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Howl's Moving Castle is quirky and enchanting. Diana Wynne Jones' writing has an innocent wonder, humor, and subtle wisdom that is pure magic. I have read a shelf-full of her books and loved every one. This book not only didn't disappoint but was a delightful surprise. None of the characters is quite what they seem, even to themselves, and everything is in a lovely, chaotic mess.

I did not read this book for a long time because I saw and loved Hayao Miyazaki's animated masterpiece based on the b
mandinmandin
Jan 01, 2014 rated it liked it
The movie was awesome, this comic not so much. BUT because of my love for Studio Ghibli and its works I cannot rate this lower than three stars.
Filipa
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
I had never heard about this story, book or movie until last week when I saw the movie and quickly became highly obsessed with it. Thus getting the comic version of said movie as well as a picture book as well as the book of the original story that inspired it.

I
LOVE
IT
Annye
Sep 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
To put it kindly, this is an interesting book.

For the /r/fantasy bingo, I’m attempting to complete three boards: a generic, anything goes board, a board comprised of entirely female authors, and a comic book one. The comic book one is a bit tricky – some of the squares, like “desert setting” and “steampunk” are straightforward. Others, like “Any /r/Fantasy Goodreads Group Book Of The Month” or “Novel By an /r/Fantasy AMA Author OR Writer of the Day” are problematic and are requiring research and
Alyssa
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Favorite movie, will consume all content
JttR T

-that i so wish
-i had
~Willow~(Afia)
Jul 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story increased my imagination, and just wish there were more sequels!:D
Annie Erwin
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had so much fun reading this.
I REALLY needed something short and easy to read, as I am about to focus on a long novel.

I have read the original novel, and seen the movie so many times. Loved them. I got this picture book when I visited Universal and Epcot, in Orlando. When went to the Japan section, and I saw this book. My sister got it for me.
That was five years ago.
I haven't read it at all, 'til now. I don't know why.

I absolutely adored this! I loved the characters, and nice large print.
Liz
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
The picture book version of the movie was a little hard to follow not having seen the movie first. I may change my rating once I've seen the movie. The ending seemed quite abrupt and it was a little hard to follow. It was a fun magical journey though. ...more
Iqra M.
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I bought this as an Art reference for my future paintings. I don't regret one bit.
I love Ghibli & Howl's Moving Castle so much. However, in my honest opinion, the movies are WAY better. These film comic series are lacking that spark and joy that the movies bring.
Gabe Karnes
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Howl's Moving Castle is a very good book. I read this because I watched the movie and loved it. 5 stars ...more
Charlotte Preece
most magical adventure i have ever read, no element left untouched, truly spellbinding
Olivia
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-manga
I've read the book and seen the movie like 38 times but I still wanted to read the graphic novel, haha. ...more
Dyslexic Bookmonster
Jun 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
When you like Ghibli, you like Ghibli. No matter in what kind of form it is brought to you.
Karen
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is the first part of the Howl's moving castle movie. ...more
Junqi Wang
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: summer-reading
I love movies created by Miyazaki. It is so popular in China. There is always some hidden message in his work. His imagination is so wide that expand to another world.
Michelle
Maybe the movie is good but this book doesn't really make sense. ...more
Tara Schaafsma
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel, youth
I really enjoyed this one. Just a simple book that follows the movie but fun and the art is so nice.
Susan
Gorgeous illustrations!
Ren C.
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was an interesting start to the books such a world if fantasy. Of all the studio Ghibli films it was good and the book portrayed it beautifully. Also a good manga too.
Jessica
Beautiful drawings straight from the movie. Manga style, and easy to read and understand. Only part one, so looking forward to seeing the volumes!
Christina
Oct 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Pretty artwork. A favorite movie.
Angie Adams
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book!!
Antonia Jopoetro
Calcifer is the fav as always both in book and movie
Cheryl Wevell
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book so much
Ellie Wyatt
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i wish i could give this 100 stars. one of my
favorites movies and favorite books, the picture book is just as good. it was still able to capture the beautiful story that i love so very much!
Ann M. Noser
Enchanting yet confusing.
Blake
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, children
We are introduced to the adventures of Howl, his moving castle, Sophie, and the wicked witch.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Add Cover Images, Please 3 17 Feb 19, 2021 08:00AM

• Baron: The Cat Returns
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 2 (Ouran High School Host Club, #2)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 3 (Ouran High School Host Club, #3)
  • The Secret World of Arrietty Picture Book
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 1
  • The Mermaid's Twin Sister: More Stories from Trinidad
  • Death Note, Vol. 13: How to Read
  • Great Expectations (Illustrated Classics.)
  • Collide
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • Poems To Save The World With
  • Captain Corelli's Mandolin (Piano Solo)
  • His Bride for the Taking
  • Requiem of the Rose King, Vol. 13
  • One Piece, Volume 23: Vivi's Adventure
宮崎 駿

Hayao Miyazaki was born in Tokyo on January 5, 1941. He started his career in 1963 as an animator at the studio Toei Douga, and was subsequently involved in many early classics of Japanese animation. From the beginning, he commanded attention with his incredible ability to draw, and the seemingly-endless stream of movie ideas he proposed.

In 1971, he moved to A Pro with Isao Takahata, then to N

Howl's Moving Castle Film Comics (4 books)
  • Howl's Moving Castle, Vol. 2 (Howl's Moving Castle Film Comics, #2)
  • Howl's Moving Castle, Vol. 3 (Howl's Moving Castle Film Comics, #3)
  • Howl's Moving Castle, Vol. 4 (Howl's Moving Castle Film Comics, #4)

News & Interviews