Start by marking “The Librarian (The Librarian Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Librarian (The Librarian Chronicles, #1)

The Librarian

(The Librarian Chronicles #1)

He’s from 1892 England, she’s in a small library in 2017. And that's just the start of their troubles.

Emme never meant to stay in Maine. She'd come only to find a librarian for her Gram's library, a custodian for the collection of mysterious books she'd promised to protect. On a dark, wintery night, alone in the library, she takes her first glance into one of the antique n
Published June 17th 2017 by CHBB Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Librarian, please sign up.
Christy Sloat Hi Jamie! Yes, Lisa is correct. The photo is a stock image, and can be found on many stock photo sites. It can be used on many covers, and I have seen…moreHi Jamie! Yes, Lisa is correct. The photo is a stock image, and can be found on many stock photo sites. It can be used on many covers, and I have seen some do just that. It was pure coincidence that her book and mine have the same model.
I love the model, and feel she fit the theme of the story well. (less)

Ben Alderson
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5

Thank you Christy for sending me this for a review.

I really enjoyed:
-Travel through book aspect.
-Description of modern day Maine and historical England & America.
-Friendship between Emme and T!

I did find some of the romance abit to heavy, but that is personal preference. I know alot of readers love a romance based novel & minor insta love. I did really like the main love interest, then hate him, then love him again. I found the end to be perfect, a really well thought out end. Both a
Scarlett Readz and Runz....Through Novel Time & Distance
This was such a darling sweet story! Added with time travel and a magic library, voila! Heaven!

Emme enjoys her college life. She is a runner, organizes fundraisers, is well liked with friends and she does not date seriously. She grew up with her grandmother in a sleepy town in Maine and left that life to explore the world. When a call comes in from her childhood friend that her grandma is in the hospital on life support, she does not understand right away how serious the situation is and that h
*The Angry Reader*
Jun 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
You discover you can travel through time via a magic book. What do you do? Arrive in 1892 (or 1893 bc the editor missed that) and discuss yoga pants and your attractiveness with some hot guy. Of course, you're the same person who invites a stranger to move in with you (convenience) and whines that your college friends don't really miss you (even though your grandma revealed a huge important family secret to you and then DIED) rather than focus on any other aspects of your life. Jittery writing. ...more
Alaina
The Librarian was so good! Yes, it had some boring parts but it was still enjoyable to me! It probably helps because it was an audio and it made work fly by.

So in this book you meet Emma. Her grandmother owns this book store and wants Emma to one day run it. Of course Emma doesn't want that - she want's to a college far away and live out her dreams. Well, until her grandma ends up in the hospital and things don't look good for her. Nope, her grandma dies and Emma has to take over the book store.
Banny Carstairs
After her grandmother's death, Emme discovers she has a gift to travel to the past to preserve history. I thought "that's interesting" but nop, instead of some trough-time adventures we get foolish drama and a very boring insta-love story, which sums up in the following quote:
I suppose there is much we both do not know about one another besides lust and infatuation. Because that's all we had between the two of us, you know?

The main character worries and choices were so out of place; she invite
Victoria
Dec 14, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF. It's just boring...
The idea of the book was so promising, and the cover looked awesome. A librarian who travels in time through a book, sounded very cool and magical for holidays. However, it ended up so dull and boring. The heroine is so immature and stupid, I just couldn't continue reading and wasting my time...
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this and I have many thoughts and feelings about it. This was an amazing story! It was romantic but bittersweet. I loved that Emme time traveled through a book. It was kinda like Inkheart but for a NA crowd, so yes there's some swoony smexy scenes. I fell hard for Jack, he was handsome, dashing, smart, funny, and a true gentleman. Emme was such a cool MC because she wasn't this kick ass and take names type of chick she was just a normal girl with normal problems, like what to do with her ...more
Heather
Ok, I was attracted to this book by the cover and by the ratings, but the story did not live up to either.

After reading about 20% of the book, I realized that the story was going nowhere. I started to skip a lot and didn't miss anything. The writing seemed to be a child trying to be a adult, throwing in swear words and sexual innuendoes.

The basic outline for the book was good, time travel and romance. The story just didn't reach it's potential. Too bad.
Paola
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it
This book broke my heart, I loved it's first part and the fact that this librarians are people that with the use of magic and science can travel in time through a book in order to preserve history, I believe every reader would love to meet some characters and interact with them.
That been said I think that although this book had the potential to be a favorite for me, sadly I felt disappointed with it's last chapters, I understand the author and the reasons why she wrote that end, but I would enj
Jill Elizabeth
This was such a cute concept - girl inherits grandmother's library where she travels into books - but the execution was just so uneven. The beginning was great - the setup, the characters, the pacing. Then it suddenly turned into a romance. Then it suddenly felt like the author ran up against a deadline and had ten minutes to end everything tidily because it was supposed to have a happy ending, so all the loose bits (which is where the best parts of the story were, for me) were swept together, r ...more
Amy
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh this book took my breath away and I fell absolutely in love with the story but also the characters!
In all my years of reading books I've never read a book with a story quite like this one before..
Such a fresh and brand new idea!!!!
I've always dreamed for a concept like this one and the author made it come true.... and it is EPIC!!!! (I'm dying to tell you more but I don't want to give too much away so you'll have to read it and find out what all my excitement is about... LOL!!)
It'
Rebecca Garrett
Boring with horrible characters

I wanted to like this book because the idea was so original. However I couldn't even finish it.. The main character was incredibly shallow with no dimension. I didn't like her at all and couldn't relate to anything about her. The sexy man in the past is about as interesting as cardboard. I gave two stars only because the time travel idea was one I hadn't read about before, otherwise I would have given it one star.
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Apr 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
There goes a few hours I’ll NEVER get back. Boring—but what made what looked like a promising book terrible, was the fact that it had such a shallow and idiotic heroine. Yuck. How the hell do I forget I read this?
Marianne - November Words
MEH. Superficial? Thankfully no unhealty relationships/stupid tropes whatsoever. But yeah.. nothing exceptionally remarkable and a bit silly at the beginning, just a light, fast, cheap summer read.
Raven A  Clarke
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When Christy gave me the opportunity to read an ARC copy of her newest book The Librarian, I had no idea what to expect. I can say for certain it definetly wasn't this.

This book was amazing, I think only a few book have made me literally laugh out loud but this book made me cry with laughter. The humour and reactions from the character Emmeline to events in this book are hilarious. She is like every other 19 year old girl who wants her freedom and to follow her own path. However I loved how she
Boundless Book Reviews
Emme comes home from college when her grandmother gets sick and quickly passes away. Her grandmother told her things as she passed that made no sense. Magic, books, special blood...all these make no sense to Emme until she finds herself reading a hidden book of her grandmother's. When she opens this book it lands her in 1892. A great adventure follows. They always say books can provide you an escape and this rang true for Emme, literally. She has a special job to do and she expects to do her bes ...more
The_Book_Queen
Content warning: loss of a grandparent, on page (the grandma was the heroine's only family, they were very close).

NOT a romance. Just keep that in mind going in. For a time travel tale with a new twist, this one wasn't half bad. I felt like the jumps in time -- not the time travel, mind, but rather how long had passed between one chapter and the next, or one scene and the next -- was very choppy and confusing at times.
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Read my full review at http://blackwords-whitepages1977.blog...

What if getting lost in a book wasn't JUST a figure of speech? What if you could actually get lost in another book, fall into another time or place, have your very own book boyfriend?

Think about it for a minute.....

Well, now that you have thought about it, you have just experienced the mind of Christy Sloat and this new adventure.

On to my review...
This was a refreshing and enjoyable read!! It was so intense at times, but was also ins
Vanessa
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Michele
Jul 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
I'm sorry to report that this book is terrible. The writing is juvenile and predictable, and it is rife with grammatical usage errors.
Lady
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
The storyline and the cover of this book seemed so promising to me. Unfortunately, it was a lame story that felt very rushed.
A. Giacomi
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really really loved this book, it had me hooked from the first line! I have often wondered about being transported into a book and this story allows you to do so, but also to consider the consequences! I really wish there was more, if there is a second book in the works I say bring it on!!!
Coco.V
Nov 25, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/25/2018)!💝
Julie Ward
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy and Fun

The Librarians was an easy, fun read about books and history but most importantly, love. Emme shows us that love really does matter most in life.
Terri M.
Interesting premise. The love story is a bit weak and rushed. And the historical aspects are not as rich as I prefer. Overall, a decent read.
Paula
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely amazing. I could not put it down. Best read in a very long time. Loved, loved, loved it!!!!
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

This book meets the wibbly wobbly time travel space requirement for #SFvFBingo being hosted by Curiosity Killed the Bookworm.

It seems like a great beginning but I kept losing focus and the storyline seemed to be too linear for me. It just felt a bit off and by the time I got to 30% I was no longer interested in what happened to the characters. So I had to put it down. Also, there seemed to be quite a few errors in the timeline.

Emme was in college for one y
Margaux
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
***Christy Sloat gave me an advance copy of her book in exchange of my honest review.***

I have been watching The Flash and as I am writing this review, I have this sudden realization that the ending of this story is similar to the concept of that TV series. I did not foresee that the last parts of this book will end like that. It was a good surprise. I enjoyed reading those last pages.

Weeks after I read this book, I received a free e-copy of King (Brotherhood Bachelors #1) by Kendra Little from
Karima chermiti
I always believed that time travel could never be anything short of spectacular; I certainly did not think it could be boring and stupidly ridiculous. But then I came across the librarian.

description

I am hurt to say I was wrong and the librarian is a tangible proof to that. I am really amazed how a book that contains so many cool and interesting elements ends up with the charisma and the appeal of a piece of wood, harsh, I know but it is my honest to GOD opinion.

description

At first, I was intrigued by the premise of
Nana Prah
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Time travel is never an easy concept to tackle in a book. Someone, usually the reader, tends to end up with a headache. In this case the heroine ended up with one as well. In every time travel book, movie or show I’ve experience where the past is involved there is always the concept of not disturbing the present time because if they did then the future would be changed. It takes Emme a long time to grasp this. And I couldn’t understand why – especially since she mentioned it herself when she’d i ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Secret Journal of Ichabod Crane
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 3
  • Darlings of Paranormal Romance
  • Defying Vesuvius (Saving Pompeii, #1)
  • Fate of the Gods (Assassin's Creed: Last Descendants, #3)
  • A Dragon's Seduction (The Gatekeepers, #1)
  • Assassin's Creed: The Official Movie Novelization
  • Inuyasha, Volume 04 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • The Sun, the Moon, and Maybe the Trains (John & Tess Book 1)
  • Prince of Seduction (The Royal Chronicles, # 2)
  • Glittering Shadows (Dark Metropolis, #2)
  • The Geek Girl and the Scandalous Earl (Geek Girls, #1)
  • Aphrodite's Passion (Superhero Central #2)
  • Disney at Last (Kingdom Keepers: The Return #3)
  • The Time Traveler's Guide to Modern Romance
  • A Time To Change
  • Out of the Past (Heritage Time Travel Romance #1)
  • Belmary House Book One
Christy Sloat resides in New Jersey with her husband, two daughters and her Chihuahua, Sophie. Christy has embraced the love of reading and writing since her youth and was inspired by her grandmother's loving support. She loves adventurous journeys with her friends and can be known to get lost inside a bookstore. She is the Best Selling author of ten novels including; The Visitors Series, The Past ...more

The Librarian Chronicles (2 books)
  • The Archivist (The Librarian Chronicles #2)
“In life we have small moments and we have a lot of them. Those small moments are what define us as human beings. They can break us, yes, but it’s how we rebuild ourselves after that makes the difference.” 1 likes