Start by marking “Quilt As-You-Go Made Vintage: 51 Blocks, 9 Projects, 3 Joining Methods” as Want to Read:
Quilt As-You-Go Made Vintage: 51 Blocks, 9 Projects, 3 Joining Methods

Quilt As-You-Go Made Vintage: 51 Blocks, 9 Projects, 3 Joining Methods

Skip the longarmer and finish quilts on your home machine! Best-selling author Jera Brandvig shares a romantic take on her easy quilting designs. Sew 9 quilt-as-you-go projects, including an elegant sampler with 51 interchangeable blocks. Choose one of three QAYG finishing methods (or stick with traditional quilting), including a new reversible-quilt method that renders a ...more
Published September 1st 2017 by Stash Books

To ask other readers questions about Quilt As-You-Go Made Vintage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quilt As-You-Go Made Vintage

Tracy Shephard
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
51 beautiful block along with 9 simple projects, are showcased in this wonderful book.

The 12 x 12 inch blocks are put together using the Quilt as you Go method which is easy and achievable for every quilter.

This is a stunning colourful book filled with practical advice and clear instructions. Included are fabric suggestions, equipment recommendations and a handy grid on what size your quilt will be and how many blocks are needed.

The quilt demonstrated in this beautiful book is very vintage, it h
Ru4repeat
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book seemed a bit rushed to me. I read her first book Quilt As-You-Go Made Modern, and felt it was more welcoming and instructive. This one felt like author was simply trying to get it printed and not share any real connection.
As she mentions in this book her first one does provide information regarding the method 1 and method 2 for joining the QAYG blocks, but I felt that she did a disservice to quilters new and experienced by simply referring them to her first book instead of taking the
Ciara Fischer
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
I first saw Jera Brandvig doing a tutorial with The Fat Quarter Shop on how to do the quilt-as-you-go method. She was able to explain and show that a large quilt can be made simple with this method... which helped me get over my fear of anything larger than a throw blanket for the couch. So, now that I've got an order for a king size quilt, I knew I finally had an opportunity to use her suggested method and quilt-as-I-go.

The pictures are beautifully staged and the quilts are a lovely mix of vin
Kathy
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous book. Her a has a great way of showing you exactly what you need to know to complete these great designs.
Sherri
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quilting
This is a good addition to a home library. Really good directions and pictures step by step. Shows many alternative designs from the block.
Amanda Messina
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfectly Clear Instructions for Quilting as you go!

Even though I am a very experienced quilter and sewer, this book is a breath of fresh air, inspiring quilting piece by piece.
Kerry Jordan
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Necessity for quilting with limited space. Love the new Method #3!
Dawn Thompson
Nov 14, 2018
Beth
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
Not quite what I was expecting for quilt as you go. Is it really quilt as you go if you have to attach the backing after you're done piecing it all together?

But I did like the quilts in the book - may make a couple of them the "old fashioned way".
sharon taylor