Start by marking “Sex God (Sex Machine, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sex God (Sex Machine, #2)

Sex God (Sex Machine #2)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  888 Ratings  ·  166 Reviews
A sizzling hot stand-alone contemporary romance!

I inherited a life I never intended to live.
I've upheld my responsibilities admirably.
And I’ve taken care of my own needs privately...
I'm biding my time until I can get the hell out of here.
But I didn’t count on having unfinished business
With one of my very best friends…

When a man has a certain “reputation" to uphold,
There c
Published May 16th 2017 by HTJB, Inc.

May 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Garrett and Lauren are good friends with an attraction to one another. They tried to do something about it once and the result definitely didn't quite meet with expectation. Garrett wants to try again and in this case, second time is definitely a charm. I liked that these two were close before introducing intimacy and the attraction translated to some hot scenes but I was left to wonder if they only pushed for the coupling because their circle of friends was perfectly paired up to one another.

May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Garrett McKinley and Lauren Davies have been friends since the sixth grade. They have always been there for each other despite the fact they were never truly honest about their feelings. She suffered through a bad marriage and divorce, but has her roots firmly planted. He also ended up stuck in their hometown of Marfa, Texas taking care of his family and family business instead of conquering the larger corporate world outside of their small town. He relieves his sexual tension by one night stand ...more
KceeReads •°°•.UnboundBookReviews•°°•
Sweet, super sexy, and quite light

SEX GOD is a best friends to lovers story of Garrett McKinley and Lauren Davies. Best friends since they were kids, the two have been feeling something special for each other but the time for them was never right. Garrett had to go conquer the big city and study, Lauren had to stay and get married. Now, fast forward to the present, things in their personal lives happened and altered everything they thought they've already planned.

The H and the h have an amazi
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 353d58bf896b5d394f0530425b7890_zpsknxl5ivv.gif
A fun, playful sexy entertaining read!!!! Marie Force sizzles up the pages as she brings forth another wildly hot read in Sex God. Seriously, who doesn’t love a friends to lovers story line. I know I am complete sucker for them. And to witness what Garrett and Lauren had for each other, I was sold. Their friendship is what made this book so much endearing as they tried hard not to blur the lines so their friendship could remain intact but w
Kimmy (Sinfully Snarky Reviews)
5 Sexy Godly Stars!!

Another amazing book by Marie Force. I am quickly starting to realize that Ms Force can write a phone book and I would read it. Her writing in Sex God was flawless!

Sex God is Lauren and Garrett's story. This book can be read as a standalone but I would really recommend reading Sex Machine first. Both characters are introduced in that book and you also get to see what our favorite character's Honey and Blake have been up to Sex God.

Lauren and Garrett have been best-friends
Raeshelle, A Naughty Girl's Novel World
I LOVE a good friends to lovers romance and second chance romances are my ultimate weakness!! Luckily, Marie Force’s Sex God is a little bit of both, and it is one of the best of the two genres that I have read in a long time! Sex God is one epic piece of sinful deliciousness that lit a fire inside of me and incinerated my kindle! Take the title of this book literally, because this friends to lovers romance is packing some seriously sexy, HEAVENLY heat that will torch you from the inside out!

Jackie Lane
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is definitely a friends to lovers book.

Garrett McKinley and Lauren Davies have been best friends since 6th grade. They talk about anything and everything (except a secret dream that Garrett is keeping buried).

When Garrett's father dies unexpectedly, he comes home to run the Accounting Firm and take care of his mother and siblings. This was not his dream, but he does it without complaint.

Garrett and Lauren have strong ties to their hometown of Marfa.

One drunken night Garrett and Lauren decid
Tiffany Willams
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing

"You deserve so much better than what you got from me. I think you are..."
"What? What am I?"
"You're everything."

Marie Force has done it once again!!!

Garrett and Lauren are the epitome of second chance romance mixed in with friends-to-lovers.
They have the best way of showing what "perfect timing" means!

Being friends since they were kids, they had always been around each other.
But they have hid their feelings for way too long. Between tragedies and horrible past relationships, they are finally see
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle

3.5 Crowns

Sex God by Marie Force is my first novel by this author. I found it to be well written with likeable characters and a sexy plot.

This novel follows the story of Lauren and Garrett. Lauren has been traumatized by the past, and Garrett wants to use his extreme talents to help her heal, move on, and find love again. Even while he is trying to help her, he is looking for his escape from a town he never meant to return to for the rest of his life. Their initi
Jessica Alcazar
One of the greatest best friends to lovers stories I have ever read! It was fun and unique and sexy!

Both Garrett and Lauren had been aware of each other in more than just friends for quite some time but it was never really the right time and quite frankly, when is it ever the right time to potentially explode your best friend relationship? Never, that's the answer. But then the day just came and BAM (and not the way you think LOLOLOL) ... The book is titled Sex God for a reason and if you read i
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
Sex God by Marie Force was just amazing!!! Garrett is my new book boyfriend that is for sure!!! I loved everything about him. He is known as the Sex God. He will give you the time of your life behind closed doors. Living in such a small town, he tries to stay away from the drama and gossip. But every one knows what he is famous for. Even though he is a ladies man, he has his eyes set on only one girl since they were kids. His Lo!

Lauren had a very hard life growing up. She is grateful that she al
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.3 Sex Worthy Stars

I'm ready to visit Marfa, Texas. What a hot bed of romantic hometown love. I grew up in a small rural town, so I love this community where ever one knows each and and has for years. It leads to a different kind of commitment.

This book was also full of hot, hot sweet sex....
Isha Coleman
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Love, friendship and hormones butt heads in Garrett and Lauren's dance of seduction. Marie Force always brings out that loving feeling with her appetizing heartwarming romances, however Sex God packs on the heat while still delivering some sugar for that sweet tooth, I've developed an addiction for.
Anne OK
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anne OK by: Beta Read - May 2017
Marie Force sets small town Marfa, Texas ablaze once again with a friends-to-lovers spin in this sexy standalone. Hellfire! The follow-up to Sex Machine is hotter than blue blazes! And a dang terrific tale to read, too. This is an author who never fails to come up with surprising new angles and roads to travel for her characters. You’ll get a little update on Blake and Honey, and what’s going on in their lives. Don’t tell Marie, but I really liked Garrett and Lauren’s story just a smidgeon bette ...more
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Geez, there are so many reasons why I love this book.
First, the idea of friends to lovers, being in a long-term relationship from childhood to adult, the ability to hang out, laugh and someone to tell
your secrets to.
Then taking it to the next level. New beginnings filled with the new dreams.
Second, the explosive sex scenes.

Third, the humor.
Garrett is so damn funny and I absolutely love that his cock has a personality and a mind of its own and acts on it.
I’m here to fuck. That’s one of my prim
May 16, 2017 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and InkSlingerPR***

3.5 Stars

All of the elements were here for me to really enjoy this book. Lauren and Garrett have been friends for years, and even tried once to be more. But, it was a disaster, so they have moved on and back to friends, preserving the relationship they value and pretending like the night didn't happen.

Friends to lovers is a favorite of mine, as the navigation of the change of the relationship is a a lot of the fun of the story. In this title, I fe
Amazeballs Book Addicts
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sex God is a standalone read but if you read Sex Machine, you’ll be happy to get updates on Honey and Blake in this one. This one is Garrett and Lauren’s story. Garrett is a decent guy. He and Lauren are best friends. Garrett has a reputation of being a sex god. After a not good sexual experience with Garrett, Lauren thinks it she is bad at sex. Garrett is now out to prove to Lauren that there is nothing wrong with her. I loved that Garrett and Lauren were down to earth characters and their chem ...more
Shelley Youngblood
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Marie Force has created another fantastic stand alone book, set in the small town of Marfa, Texas. Sex God is a sweet, yet sexy read that draws you in from the start and does not let go. Marie continues to be a talented author and has made me fall more in lobe with each of the characters she has created.

Six years ago, the life Garret's life was turned upside down, when his father unexpectedly died. Instead of going to a Fortune 500 company, or becoming a CFO for a major corporation, he came home
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
The sequel to Sex Machine was as wonderful as I hoped for.

Revisiting and catching up with favorite characters was one of the highlights of this book. I loved Blake and Honey’s story and loved seeing their family grow in book2.

Sex God by Marie Force was a best friends to lover novel.

Not only were Garrett and Lauren wonderfully charismatic they had been best friends for a very long time. Which was such a nice change to all the other insta-lust and insta-love novels.

Garrett had always been interest
Marcy Meyer
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sex God was a really great read. It was a wonderful mix of several tropes. Garrett and Lauren have been friends since childhood, each having secret feelings for one another. It's also part second chance romance. They tried to be intimate once before, but failed miserably. These two characters have an amazing connection, sizzling chemistry and so much heart. They truly are perfect together. That is the part I love most about second chance romances. The discovery of new feelings, exploring it all ...more
Cocktails and Books
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

In Sex God, best friends Garrett and Lauren have to figure out if they can take their relationship to the next level without losing what they already have.

I generally love a friends-to-lovers story. This one seemed like it would be right up my alley and written by one of my favorite authors. But the romance between Garrett and Lauren fell a little flat to me. They'd known each other for years. Garrett had been there for her during the wors
Nadine Bookaholic
I am a huge fan of Marie Force's Fatal series so when the opportunity presented itself for me to read an ARC of Sex God I jumped at the chance. I will not compare the two because they are totally different but I will say that I was thrilled with this read, and in my honest opinion this lighter side of Ms Force is a great addition to her repertoire.
I did not read Sex Machine and you do not need to in order to read this book, each story can be read as a standalone. That being said I will go back a
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sex God by Marie Force is a stand-alone contemporary romance novel.
Sex God is the follow up to Sex Machine.

While Sex Machine was Blake and Honeys book, Sex God is Garrett and Laurens story.
Garrett is not content with his life. He bides his time and believes hes destinated for other things.
And there is his best friend....
I greatly enjoyed reading Sex God.
In Sex God youll meet old friends from Sex Machine and that I loved too.
Sex God is a witty, fun read and I was well entertained.
4,5 Stars and T
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Marie Force is by far my favorite author. It doesn't matter what she writes she manages to keep me up at night reading. With a book title of Sex God you'd assume full on trashy but it's absolutely not. This is a full on love story and good book.
lavender gorilla
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Garrett and Lauren
started nice and quick. The first scene of them in the bar for beer and wings setup a strong base for their friendship.

I liked the dual POV up until their second chance consummation. after that H's narrative became long winded and repeatative as he goes on his feelings for Lauren, on not telling anyone about his need to leave and free himself from family responsibility and his job interview.

ugh. after Garrett figures out his feelings for Lauren I don't know why he doesn't tel
Sandy S
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date May 16, 2017

A sizzling hot stand-alone contemporary romance!

I inherited a life I never intended to live.
I've upheld my responsibilities admirably.
And I’ve taken care of my own needs privately...
I'm biding my time until I can get the hell out of here.
But I didn’t count on having unfinished business
With one of my very best friends…

When a man has a certain “reputation" to uphold,
There can be no unhappy customers left behind.
Lauren is a loose end that won’t be ti
Red Cheeks Reads
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I've been a fan of Marie Force's since I began exclusively reading romance in the post-Fifty Shades days of 2012. She was one of the first authors I turned to in those days, and while I may not have read every single one of the many, many wonderful books she's written, I have read an overwhelming majority of them. I've recommended them countless times, and I've never had a moment's hesitation in doing so. When I think about great contemporary romance, Marie Force is one of the first a
Fun and flirty, childhood friends to lovers romance that is heartwarming but gets oh so sexy!

Sex God is a scorching sexy read but also a surprisingly really sweet, fun and flirty, childhood friends to lovers (mixed with a dash of friends with benefits) romance that is heartwarming but gets oh so sexy.

Garrett and Lauren are two childhood friends who know they have a strong chemistry but life circumstances always got in the way for one reason or another. However, as a result of their irresistible
Miriam Meza
I've always love friend-to-lovers romance. There's some beauty about the awakening of the feelings between persons who know each other's well. And what happens between Garrett and Lauren isn't just beautiful, but explosive.

When I met those guys in Sex Machine, I was curious about the chemistry flowing around them. They were friends since six grade, they had a lot of things in common, and also there was a (little) spark there. Lauren had a bad marriage and she suffered a lot. Garrett was that fr
aka M.S. Force

About the Author
***Start reading Marie's New York Times Bestselling Gansett Island Series today with Maid for Love, free on Amazon. You can also sign up for Marie's newsletter at***

Marie Force is the New York Times bestselling author of more than 50 contemporary romances, including the Gansett Island Series, which has sold more than 2.3 million books, and the Fatal Se
More about Marie Force...

Sex Machine (2 books)