Start by marking “The Evolution of Ivy: Antidote (The Evolution of Ivy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Evolution of Ivy: Antidote (The Evolution of Ivy, #2)

The Evolution of Ivy: Antidote

(The Evolution of Ivy #2)

BLURB:

"It should have been easier.

I changed everything. Became the beauty I didn't think he'd resist. Lived the lie I thought he could love.

I sacrificed my soul to recover the years that she took from us, yet I'm still empty-handed.

But he's mine. I've earned him. It's time to collect my prize, and I'll be damned if I let anyone come between us this late in the game.

If
Published September 22nd 2017 (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Evolution of Ivy, please sign up.
Lauren Campbell Hi! Currently, I am not sure. I am working to get the book finished as quickly as possible, and then I will have a better idea. If you'd like to keep…moreHi! Currently, I am not sure. I am working to get the book finished as quickly as possible, and then I will have a better idea. If you'd like to keep up with it more closely, you can friend me on Facebook and join my private reader group! I am so glad you enjoyed it! Would you be willing to leave me a rating or review if you get some time (if you haven't already)? I would greatly appreciate it! :-* (less)

Start your review of The Evolution of Ivy: Antidote (The Evolution of Ivy, #2)
NMmomof4
2 Stars

Overall Opinion: This is yet another example of why some duets and/or series should just be standalone books IMO. This was so sloooow! I struggled with keeping engaged, and I skimmed a bit. I’m not sure how I didn’t add it to my dnf shelf tbh — maybe it was because it felt like a train wreck, and I couldn’t look away! The drama and push/pull felt OTT. I also feel like the last 10ish% felt rushed and unbelievable. And that was all the closure we get?! Super frustrating. I have no
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 brilliant stars

This is one of my most anticipated books, since I loved so much the first.I didn't know what to expect with this one and this is what I loved most.The author surprised me one more time with the brilliant plot.

Ivy is one of the most interesting characters I have ever read!I loved being in her mind.The ending was beautiful.Ivy and Brooks has an amazing connection.

If you are looking for a crazy and unique journey pick this series you'll be not disappointed!

Lauren Campbell
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Psst. For those who have questions about Deacon, guess what? His spinoff book is coming 2018. <3

But first! A standalone tragic type centered around cheating. Won't be for everyone, but if you love a good cheating story, you may love it!

xoxo
Beatrix
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was ok

I loved the first book - Poison. This one - not so much.
The first 50% were boring. There IS a cool plot twist around 70%, after that it was one crazy event after another. But overall, I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first one. Plus it took me days to finish it.

My main problem is - I don't like the ending. I don't support it, I think it doesn't fit this kind of book. (view spoiler)
Rachel Beamin'
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, all-the-feels
Well that took a turn into serious life issues.
Book 2 picked up right where book 1 left off.
In Evolution of Ivy: Poison, I knew there were issues with Ivy, the stalking and plotting and planning and the mindset of “…he doesn’t know it yet, but he will soon….”, but through it all, her humor had me rolling. With this book, however, instead of laughing, I actually had a bout of the feels.
This book, gives you a good idea of what it is like to suffer from a mental illness. To lack that sense of
Fran
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was all kinds of crazy, but I love it!
Shannon
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC was provided by Lauren Campbell

This is book two, so make sure you read the first book of the series.

I'll be honest, I haven't read a romance in a looong time. I'm more of a psych thriller reader these days. Nor have I read a series in awhile. But because I read Lauren's Evolution of Ivy and knew Ivy was a crazy bitch, I was all about Antidote!!

Three words to explain this book: funny, crazy af, cute.

I laughed, I cringed and was smiling by the end. If I were Brooks, I'd be scared out of
Talon
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5-3 stars

Listen. I’m a huge fan of Lauren’s work and her individually and I’m also a huge fan of Ivy and Brooks. The first book in this duet was INSANE! But it was a good type of insane. It was an insane that entertained me and kept me flipping pages all through the night. But let’s just cut to the chase with this book, Antidote…

It was exhausting. That is the only way I can think of putting it, honestly. If it wasn’t about Ivy coming up with ways to be a damsel in distress for Brooks’
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 stars

The Evolution of Ivy: Antidote is the second and final book in The Evolution of Ivy series. You must read The Evolution of Ivy: Poison first as this is a continuing story.

There will be some spoilers from the first book.

The story alternates POVs between Emily/Ivy and Brooks. Occasionally we have some chapters from the past.

The book begins right where the first book left off. In the first book we found out that Ivy changed her name to Emily and got a complete make-over (with surgeries)
Christine Ray
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ok - seriously? I didn't think it could get any better than the first book, The Evolution of Ivy: Poison - but boy was I wrong!!!!

The Prolong threw me for a loop - I had to read it twice once I got to the end and a certain name was said. That caught my attention and I couldn't devour this book fast enough because I just HAD to know! As I said with the first book, you need to go into this entire series blind. You will be more satisfied with the end result not knowing anything - because Ivy is
A.S
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What did I just read?

I have certainly never read anything like this book before.

It was a total mind-blowing work of art (abstract art)

I was beyond excited to read this and my excitement just grew and grew after each page.
I read this in one sitting. I had to read this book in one sitting.
Like the first one this story consumed me, the whole story had me stoked and wanting to know what would happen next (actually more like needing to know what will happen next) -As in what new factor Emily
April
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beta read = done!

Just wait!! Just effing wait! Muwhahhaa!
Melanie
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-read
As we learn in the first book, Poison, Ivy goes to great measures to redo her looks and also changes her name to Emily. The 2nd book picks up where the 1st book ended.

Emily is still her crazy self trying to get Brooks to fall in love with her so they can live happily every after. She won't let anyone get in her way. Emily even resorts to a book of tricks on how to win a guy over.

Brooks feels the connection between the two of them but can't quite figure out why. He doesn't realize Emily is his
Wendy LeGrand
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
When I finished reading The Evolution of Ivy: Poison, I sat back for quite a while thinking about Ivy/Emily and asking myself on a constant loop: is that girl really batshit crazy or is she just one of the most clever characters ever written? And to be honest, by the time Lauren was getting ready to release Antidote, I still hadn't drawn a conclusion.

Book 2 picks up right where the first book ends, so make sure to have read that first before diving in to this book because you'll be completely
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Dnf at 30%
I loved book 1...it was crazy ass book crack...unputdownable.
I’m not sure what happened with this one...I was so looking forward to watching Emily win her man back but what I read made her just seem like a crazy stalker. Unfortunately with my reading schedule I had to dnf as it was so hard to get into this book...the chapters alternated from how Emily would try to get Brooks to come to her rescue and Brooks’s chapters of how he needed to avoid her.
I did cheat and skim the last 30%
Tiffany Johnson
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
This was entertaining but just not quite as captivating as the first book. It was slow/drug some what and was a little redundant at times with Ivy/Emily seemingly trying the same things over and over to snare Brooks and Brooks telling himself over and over again he was attracted to her but they could never be. I was hoping for more crazy antics but honestly Ivy/Emily seemed tame this time compared to the shenanigans she cooked up in Poison. I still loved Ivy's/Emily's internal no holds barred ...more
Autumn
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Antidote is the perfect conclusion to Poison! I loved every whacked out second of it. Ivy (Emily?) is an absolute psycho, in the best possible way, and you just can't help but root for her. I loved it from beginning to end. Trust me, you need Ivy and Brooks in your life...
Marianne Jackson
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An amazing ending to a fun, twisted, crazy ride of a duet... Lauren writes raw and real and it's so hard to put down!! Soooooo goooooood!!!!!!! cannot wait to read what Lauren come up with next!
Lidia
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can already tell you this book is going to be FUCking Amazing! Hand it overrrrrrr!!
☮ mary
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
I Hated Brooks so much so I could never understanf Ivy's desire to be with such a stupid coward !!! This was no hero material anf even the craey girl deserved so much better !!
*~* Susie
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
I didn't like Brooks through a lot of this one. Still a good ending to a great duet.
C.L. Stacey
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. God.
That is all.

Wait, no it's not.
This book was AH-MAY-ZING. Perfect way to conclude the Ivy series. My God, My GOD!

I want to say more, but I can't without spoiling it. Just know that you don't want to miss out on this one. Grab your copy IMMEDIATELY upon release.
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
To me, Antidote wasn't as good as the Poison mostly because I wanted things to be even crazier in the second installment. Sure, there were crazy moments but that's nothing compared to what happened during book 1. I did enjoy it a lot and I couldn't stop reading it. I was rooting for Ivy but at the same time I wanted to sit her down and discuss all the things she's done just to get a man.

3 stars is in no way a bad rating when it comes to me and I just have to say I can't wait to read all future
Gemma F
FULL REVIEW ON MY BLOG:

Sept 18, 2017:
Wow. That was incredible. The conclusion to Ivy's story was insane and unputdownable. I'm so satisfied with how everything turned out.

Thank you to the author for the ARC!
S.C. York
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***ARC for voluntary review****
Sequels are hard. They either suck, fall short of expectations or rise to the occasion. The Evolution of Ivy: Antidote was everything I hoped for and more. The drama was plentiful, the pace; fast and IVY/EMILY was back in all her glory of insanity with a tinge or more of remorse...
Lauren did an amazing job of showing Ivy/Emily's metamorphosis as she evolves in this book and comes to terms with how far she went--for love.
FIVE REPENTING CRAZY A** STARS!
Dina Maio
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I would give this book 6 stars, no wait, 7 stars, if I could. If you have not read the first book – The Evolution of Ivy: Poison – stop reading this review and go read it. NOW!!!!! I have never anticipated a book this much. Being the second book in a series, where the first book ended on a cliffhanger, I am usually eager for the second book. But this has gone beyond eager and straight into desperate need territory. I sought the author out of Facebook, there may have been a little stalking and ...more
Elvira Rowe
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lauren completely threw us for a loop when she said this was the end of the series and book 3 was not happening!

I loved the book! Ivy is still my favorite conniving evil girl who goes after her man, who doesn't know someone like her like really we all know a Ivy! Seriously it's like watching a drama show but knowing the person.

I loved the setting, the characters, storyline. The ending was the best, it may have thrown me for a loop but I couldn't ask for a better ending to go the way it did. I
Zetti
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is the second book in the evolution of Ivy duet so you need to read the first one before you read the second otherwise you will be just completely and utterly lost. It starts off where book 1 ends. I have to admit I felt really sorry for Brooks. He has found so much and he’s reeling from it all but I still love Ivy/Emily as well.

She’s so flawed and yet that is what makes it so delicious to read. This is in no way a typical romance read. Please do not mistake this for a common sweet
Paula  Phillips
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
For those who haven't read the first book, then stop reading as this is one series you have to read to understand the story and the character's reasoning behind everything. Emily is Ivy, and she is well on her way to finally winning Brooks after she managed to break up Brooks and Eliza's engagement. It seems that finally, she is going to get her HEA with this book and we readers learn more about Ivy and Brooks's relationship growing up. Also, Kate from their high school makes an appearance as ...more
Richelle Robinson
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’ve been eagerly awaiting this conclusion and it was an enjoyable read! Ivy/Emily has been on a quest for revenge and I’ve been in her corner since day one. In this book we finally get Ivy and Brooks but things aren’t as easy as they seem. They face a lot of hurdles and at one point I wasn’t sure which route this book was headed. Brooks for the most part annoyed me with his wishy/washy behavior. I understand why he felt the way he did but at some point, you need to man up, face the consequences ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Lilith
  • The Unrequited
  • Drive
  • Vengeance in Bloom (Love Unauthorized, #2)
  • Atheists Who Kneel and Pray
  • Muscle Memory
  • The Day She Cried
  • Kiss Me Like You Mean It: A Novel
  • Frayed Silk
  • The Dark Knight Part One
  • Gods & Monsters
  • The Dark Knight Part Two
  • What We Do in the Night (Day to Night, #1)
  • Just Ten Seconds
  • Folsom (End of Men, #1)
  • The Smallest Part
  • The Ghostwriter
  • Hidden Seams (Unzipped #2)

The Evolution of Ivy (2 books)
  • The Evolution of Ivy: Poison (The Evolution of Ivy, #1)