Start by marking “Darkness Comes At Dawn (Guardians #2)” as Want to Read:
Darkness Comes At Dawn (Guardians #2)

Darkness Comes At Dawn

(Guardians #2)

Everywhere Katie looks, she sees his face—her dad. The one she left in the rubble.

Her real dad won’t admit there’s a problem, Tristan is about to give up on her, and she almost gives up on herself—until she meets Portia, the girl with a solution. But not every rabbit hole is worth going down—or coming back from.

Worst, people are missing and no one knows if its the
Published April 17th 2017 by ChunkyCatBooks

Start your review of Darkness Comes At Dawn (Guardians #2)
Alexandra
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is one hell of a ride. I went through so many feelings regarding Katie from liking her to hating her, to cheering for her. She is very well written.

The book doesnt disappoint in the side characters either. West is snarky, sarcastic and such a good friend. Funny, too. And his relationship with Zuri is so relatable.

Just read this book. I loved the first one, The Keepers Vow but Darkness Comes at Dawn blew my mind. Perfect sequel.
Ale Myrs
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Some minor spoilers here:

It is fair to say I have really enjoyed the dark twist that this sequel offers. Makes Katie more real, well, made ALL characters more real. People falling and people getting up, and falling again, and hitting harder and perduring in our worst moments. This is what this book is about, about recovering when you reach the bottom of a pit, in finding the light within those around you or on those who are new and able to see as you are. Katie here matures, even with all her
Alice
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good-shit
AMAZING review to come
Shannon Rohrer
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Equally as impactful as the first book; Darkness Comes At Dawn had a lot of gripping, relatable content sprinkled throughout. I'll try not to get spoiler-y with this.

Characterization: There were definitely periods of regression in Katie's character--which, as far as I'm concerned, is realistic. Seldom do people change their ways--especially their worst habits, their sense of self-doubt, their reckless behaviour or tendency towards selfishness--overnight. Though I did find myself getting pretty
Jailyn
3.5

Francina's writing comes into its own in this book. I still had problems with the copy editing. There were sentences that were malformed and other mistakes that shouldn't have been in the book at release or should have been fixed after the fact.

Katie finally grows into maturity, letting the chip fall from her shoulder and coming into her own. I'm not sure where the series is meant to go from here, but it obviously isn't over. I expect there will be another book. I hope there will be another
Vicki
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
While it was frustrating at the beginning to deal with the characters' angst, it also was nice to have the actually deal with events from the previous book. And then, just when I started wondering if this was going to go anywhere, the ending brought an intensity I wasn't expecting. Very much hoping the third book gets released in the near future.
Jordan
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super awesome paranormal young adult read with real world themes and beautifully fallible characters. Can't wait for the next book!
kellybuds
Apr 27, 2017
Antonia
Feb 12, 2019
Francina Simone
Feb 27, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Eliana RodS
Emily
Apr 07, 2017
Blue
Apr 20, 2017

• Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories, #1)
  • The Addams Family: Wednesday’s Library
  • Rise of the Dragons (Rise of the Dragons, #1)
  • The Secret of the Crystal Fairies (Thea Stilton Special Edition #7): A Geronimo Stilton Adventure
  • Rejected Princesses: Tales of History's Boldest Heroines, Hellions, and Heretics
  • The Sherlock Holmes Handbook
  • Walking with Ghosts
  • Monsters & Creatures (Dungeons & Dragons Young Adventurer's Guide)
  • The Forgotten Girl
  • Michelle Obama Her Essential Wisdom
  • To Drink Coffee with a Ghost (Things that Haunt, #2)
  • Warriors and Weapons: An Adventurer's Guide (Dungeons & Dragons)
  • To Make Monsters Out of Girls (Things that Haunt, #1)
  • How to Be Calm
  • The Essential Wisdom of the World's Greatest Leaders
  • The Stories of Edgar Allan Poe: Manga Classics
  • The Everlasting Rose (The Belles, #2)
  • The Savior's Champion (The Savior's Series, #1)
Francina Simone is the author of The Guardians Trilogy, a young adult urban fantasy that explores the strength of love and lost. She was born in Germany, spent her childhood in hot the urban jungle of Orlando Florida, and now resides in the Rockies where she spends more of her time far away with her characters in their quest to make the right decisions in worlds brimming with romance, moral ...more

Guardians (2 books)
  • The Keeper's Vow (Guardians #1)