Start by marking “Elapse (The Expiration Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Elapse (The Expiration Duet, #1)

Elapse

(The Expiration Duet #1)

I thought our love was infinite, unbreakable.

After six years together, butterflies would still take flight in my stomach every time he walked into a room. With just one smile I was putty in his hands. He promised me forever with every touch of his lips. Too late, I realized that I was being kept in an illusion made of glass; only to have him smash it apart and disappear be
Published April 23rd 2017 by Lou-Ella Fields

To ask other readers questions about Elapse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elapse

Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
3 - 3.5 Stars

This was a super decent read.

The premise of the story was good and some of the characters - especially Millie and Beau and Olive's bosses - were really fun and engaging.

I also just LOVE stories where someone has COMPLETELY fucked up and you know there is massive potential for angst and groveling.

I used to HATE angst.

But, as my reading tastes have undergone a bit of a...shift...

...I now love angst.

I suddenly find myself gobbling it up like a fat kid with a Halloween candy haul.

A
Paige
5 "Unbreakable" Stars

I cannot even believe this was a debut! I love everything about this story. Hopefully my heart will slow down by the time book 2 is ready.

Elapse is a contemporary romance following Olive as the love of her life leaves her without warning like the last six years have meant nothing. As she's left to pick up the pieces, another man tries to show her that not all is lost. But she's been burned so badly and the need to protect her heart leaves her wary to open up again. And just
Malene
May 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: part-of-a-series
2.5 Stars
I struggled so hard to enjoy Elapse but for some reason I couldn't. The story was okay and so was the characters. Sadly the story wasn't memorable and I couldn't connect with Liv or feel her chemistry with Zeke or Seb. Believe me, I tried so freaking hard but I was just bored because nothing particularly happened throughout this story. Liv finds out she's pregnant, the father of her baby leaves her and she meets Seb, who she forms a friendship with that slowly evolves into more. It ends
Nikki ღ Navareus

***FOUR STARS***

Great angsty story. I truly felt all the emotions that Olive went through, from being completely devastated by her extreme asshole boyfriend, who treated her like shit, packed his bags and moved away just because olive accidentally became pregnant; to all the worries through the pregnancy, and her lost feelings of knowing she's going to be a single parent without Zeke. Seb was such a sweetheart and I adored everything about him.
(view spoiler)
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Loved it!!! Full review coming.
What an emotional, witty book!
Shari Kay
Sep 20, 2017 marked it as not-for-me
love triangle (view spoiler)
Ana Rita
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A new book from two new authors just gave me the chills, lol, but in a good way of course. It's always scary to start reading a book from a new author but Dayum this book is something else.
There is one thing that I have to highlight and the thing is that this book is the first book published by these wonderful authors. Can you guees what's about to hit you? No you can't because I didn't.
Lou-Ella Fields are two amazing author with an amazing writting. Their writing is simple, intense, heartfelt a
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I’ve just added a new author to my list of favorites, Lou-Ella Fields I absolutely LOVED it!!! This is her first book and she or should I say they sucked me right in. I was addicted from the beginning, even recommended it to friends before I was halfway through. This sweet and emotional story flows so easily I was surprised to find that it is actually written by two authors. Lou and Ella Fields well done!!!

Zeke seriously…..?

Olive, with a broken heart and her friend Milli by her side is so stro
Lisa  Hershaw
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can't believe this was a debut novel, you'd never know and I'm desperate for book two.

The blurb drew me in and I knew I had to read it.

Olive is left heartbroken, never did she imagine anything that happened would happen and to her, so when her ex leaves her She has to try and rebuild her life and feels love may never happen again.

Then Olive meets the most amazing man in Seb, they become friends at first as Liv tries to guard her heart but he's so swoon worthy he'd make any heart melt. I really w
Donna Palmer
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 debut stars⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This duet came highly recommended and Did not disappoint. I was hooked from page one, almost to scared to read on to see what was going to happen. I fell hard for Seb, he was just beautiful. And that text,Seb:Not as pretty as you.........talk about sweet. All the characters are loveable. A must read. ...more
Liyana
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jen~KU Book Reviews
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Incredible writing and extremely emotional. I dove in right after I finished Ella Field's latest book. I absolutely loved Sebastian and my heart broke for Liv and all she endured. What a great story with lots of heartache!
Lou-Ella Fields
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!!! Cannot believe this is their debut book. It's seriously freaking good.
I absolutely loved this story and binged it in one afternoon session.
Not going to giveaway the story but it's got it all - loveable heroine, seriously hot geeky alpha (swoon city), hilarious best friend, great supporting characters and a story that the authors actually took the time develop at a realistic pace. Making you believe the love story is real. Oh and seriously hot sex. Cause you know I like that in my romanc
Fyrephoenix
I loved this one!
MJ Symmonds
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe that this is the debut book for these two authors. It certainly reads as seasoned writers and boy did I love it. While it had some heartache in it, it was so sweet and made me feel good just to read it.

Olive (Liv) thought she had her life planned out even after she had already dealt with immense grief in her life. She had a boyfriend she loved for 6 wonderful years, a great job and a BFF she loved like a sister. She is broken hearted to learn that forever doesn't always mean tha
Amanda Burch
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe this is Lou-Ella Fields debut novel! It is EVERYTHING! The writing is so good and the characters are so well written. Even the secondary characters are perfect! There were a lot of scenes that involved Liv's best friend Millie that had me crying because I was laughing so hard. It's the perfect amount of sweet and sassy. It'll tug at your heartstrings and make you question the possibility of forever. However, the male lead is so swoon worthy that you'll be mended back together in ...more
Me
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review for Elapse and Erase in this series

Touching but not overly emotional.

Awesome job capturing the cuteness of Rose and therefore the reason every adult falls in love with this baby. The touching scenes between Seb and Rose showed Seb hands down to be the better man. And it was unnecessary to try draw parallels between Seb and Zeke just to create a conflict for Olive. I never really got a clear picture of Zeke’s aversion to marriage and babies and neither was he convincing as the re
Nora Noll
I thought this book was pretty good. Olive has had a tough road but has weathered through with strength after being left pregnant by her long time boyfriend Zeke. Seb meets Olive while she is pregnant and falls in love with both her and eventually, the child. It ends with a pretty predictable cliff hanger.

Loved Seb in this book. Really was the hero to Olive during a difficult time. Only gave it 4 stars because of the predictable cliff hanger.
Stephanie Osborne
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some guys are just better than others

At first, I was a bit frustrated with Liv - when someone does something that appalling, you don't need them. But in all reality, this story is, well, more realistic- love doesn't just end, and hearts don't just mend. This is a sweet story that may be predictable, but has enough emotion it it to draw me in and want more. *Warning- this is book one of two, and does end in a cliffy.
Crystal
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Elapse is a fantastic read. It was well written and I liked how it progressed. The characters were very well developed and truly genuine. I loved Olive and Seb there connection was dynamite. I also liked the secondary characters they made the story too. It was a sweet, fun and heartbreaking story that makes you have all the feels. Can't wait to dive into the next book and find out how it ends.
Reading with 2 book lovers
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a first read for me by these authors and wow what a great book, I Devoured it in a day.
Olive and Sebastian are such great maim characters and make this story work.
thanks the first of a duet and ends on a mother of a cliffhanger but the second was just released so no waiting time.
I volunteered to read a copy of this book
Breanna Dalmolin
Wow

Oh my... I’m not sure where to even begin! It’s been a while since I’ve had a book devour my soul! You know that feeling when you’re reading such an amazing book? This is definitely it! Liv has been through an emotional hell. Yet she surrounded by the best people. This book had me laughing and crying! You will absolutely love it! Highly recommend it!
Kathryn
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book captured me right from the start. I couldn’t read it quick enough. Liv is such an amazing and strong woman and I definitely fell in love with her. And oh my goodness...Seb. Serious book boyfriend material. He’s a top contender for my top 5 ultimate book boyfriends. Can’t wait for the conclusion!
Stephanie
I came for the promise of a cute small town romance but I stayed for the best friend. The BFF relationship was on point.
❤️Melanie
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Zeke is a major asshole and Seb is such a wonderful man. Liv deserves the best and that is Seb. Good story and excited to see how this story plays out.
K
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Solid 3.5
Jennifer Nino
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
3.7
Joanna Dean
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put this book down! A sweet and emotional story, the characters are complex and nuanced but that's what makes this such an intense journey.
Tiffany
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved!

This book ends with a cliff hanger but thankfully the second book is out and waiting on my kindle. I love Seb and hope she makes the right choice.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Lou and Ella Fields have always been lovers of the written word, especially when it comes wrapped up in a neat little package of pages and labelled romance. You can usually find them running up their phone bills as they spend hours on the phone, plotting and planning various ways to break hearts before deciding how to deliver the perfect happily ever after.

The Expiration Duet (2 books)
  • Erase (The Expiration Duet, #2)
“No one can ever truly live if they don’t set themselves free from their past.” 1 likes