Start by marking “Justifiable Homicide” as Want to Read:
Justifiable Homicide

Justifiable Homicide

The $500 billion-a-year illegal-drug-trafficking business has a secret relationship with seemingly legitimate bankers and mainstream financial markets which is exposed by a story in the press that reverberates on front pages around the world.

The question that even legitimate investigators seem not to be asking is: "Where's the Money?"

Unlikely partners Jon Reynolds, PhD
Published April 4th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Justifiable Homicide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Justifiable Homicide

Start your review of Justifiable Homicide
Lynne
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
When encryption expert Jon Reynolds' wife and two young children are killed by 'friendly fire' during a drugs bust, their deaths are deemed to be justifiable homicide. Using his encryption knowledge, Jon makes it his mission to trace the billions of illegal drugs money through the cartels, the banking system and financial markets. He enlists the aid of Journalist Katie Ruiz in his endeavor to expose those at the top of the chain and facilitate their public downfall. If they can pull it off it ...more
Tony Parsons
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
2/2/2004, Palm Springs, CA. Teresa Reynolds (wife/mother, U of Washington, Alpha Phi sorority), Jennifer (6, daughter), & Jeremy (3, son), were headed to the Disney show.
Gunshots riddled the car. The family never made it.
Jonathan “Jon” Kirkpatrick Reynolds said goodbye to them at the Evergreen Cemetery.
Judge Dominici had requested a Coroner’s inquest at the Riverside County Courthouse.

12 jurors had been selected to hear Miguel Luna (Riverside County Coroner)
opening report.
The shooting
Jennie Rosenblum
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of meeting this author at the Tucson Book Festival. He greeted me by saying he had all 5 star reviews. So, the cynic in me came out. I rarely give 5 stars. In my eyes that’s perfect or pretty darn close and new Indie Authors writing 5 star books are rare. The gauntlet was thrown down.
As if our world and the lack of privacy were not scary enough, this story tells the tracing of drug cartel’s money in a well crafted story. The story is so realistic it’s scary. While some of the
Julia Walker
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One the top books for 2018! Do not miss this read! Warren does a tremendous job with his characters who are well developed, believable and fun. There is a terrific balance between the store line and the private lives of his characters. The story line flows throughout the entire book with no gaps. The plot centers around "the War on Drugs" but does so from a completely different aspect - the money and asks the big question; "where is it?". Based on actually facts about the war on drugs the story ...more
Tana
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book came highly recommended by Jennie, who reads A LOT of books, so I knew it would be good. I was not disappointed. I really liked the characters in the story; they were written in a way that made them feel real. I'm not sure how much research went into it, but the crime and banking and money laundering felt real, also. It was also intense. I was invested in the characters and I was rooting for them to succeed.
Iva Deobald
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was surprised to get so swept up in this story. It is terrific but kind of saddened me too. It seems so realistic and makes you wonder IF there is not more truth here than WE would like to believe. Also with agencies SO fractured....is there much hope? The story was great....thank you.

Harvey
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book. I thoroughly enjoy reading it. The characters were well developed. The plot was engaging and credible. Written with so much detail that I thought it might be a true story.
Aaron S Gallagher
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
With well-drawn characters, an astounding sense of place, and a story that weaves into the fabric of the real-life drug war, author Jeffrey Warren’s Justifiable Homicide is certain to appeal to everyone whose taste runs to the technically proficient and lavishly drawn.

The details that are interwoven into the story give a solid sense of verisimilitude- it rarely shakes you out of the narrative. What would be a labyrinthine and convoluted storyline unfolds naturally and leads the reader easily
Markus Mann
Jun 30, 2018
Brittany
Aug 30, 2019
1 follower
Jeffrey Warren is a retired Professional Engineer and longtime entrepreneur having founded, operated and sold four businesses from aircraft design and manufacturing, furniture manufacturing, software architecture with database applications, to an RV park.
He is the author of several technical, non-fiction papers and books. He began writing fiction for a family audience during an interlude between