Start by marking “Stories for Rainy Days Volume II” as Want to Read:
Stories for Rainy Days Volume II

Stories for Rainy Days Volume II

(Stories for Rainy Days #2)

It was still raining.
As her cat looked outside
the window where the raindrops
fell on to the monstera leaves,
she put that furry little thing
on her lap and continued
reading the stories.
Published February 2017 by Imprint KPG (Kepustakaan Populer Gramedia)

To ask other readers questions about Stories for Rainy Days Volume II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stories for Rainy Days Volume II

Start your review of Stories for Rainy Days Volume II
Aiko
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017-bought
I don't know what possessed me to buy this when I knew the first book really irked me with all the grammar mistakes. I guess I was hoping it got better like #88lovelife... but well, it didn't *shrug*

I'm sorry Naela, I know you really love your editor, but if you're going to publish a third book, please find someone else.

Grammar nuisance aside, this book was just like the first book. Lovely illustration, nice words (if only there were no grammar/sentence structure problems to irritate me), but a
Marina
** Books 103 - 2017 **

3,2 of 5 stars!

One of my favorites!

"I think love is no different than cactus
Everybody knows that it's going to hurt if you touch
them, but you touch it anyway

Or maybe the best thing is to keep a certain distance so you won't get hurt
It's best to admire from afar, right?" - Pages 143

Thankyou Scoop Premium!
Putri Amalia Handayani
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
"If home is where the heart is, I know where exactly my heart is.
You are home to me."

I found myself smiling while reading the book, so yeah, for me the second book is better than the first one.
omnivoreader
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Strangers, we are.
Strangers who once shared intimacy."

"For the first time in my life, someone's happiness means a lot, more than my very own."
Puty
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Well, 2 stars. Not because it is not good. It is because I had pretty high expectation of this illustrated short stories book I bought for 110.000 IDR. I'm a follower of Naela Ali and I like her illustrations, but not really at the level "I'm gonna buy anything by her". The short stories are more like random writings and some had quite disturbing grammar mistake. So yeah. It's cute and hype but don't expect too much.
Nora Apriyani
Jan 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: digital-books
Mother

She is so delicate and true.
She loves you fiercely.
She gives in all the life she has just for you.
Her love is the strongest kind of love
That couldn't be compared to anyone else's.
She loves you long before she met you.
She takes care of you more, with no hestitation.
She is the one you call Mother.

(pg. 195. At the ending of Stories for Rainy Days Volume II)
Ifa Inziati
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Since there's book two... so I may as well read it in order. A bit shorter than the previous book, more repetitive (like, another Mr. Spaceman? And the ending is unfinished too?), and more unstructured. Again, what helps this book is the illustration. I read this to see whether the author put more cat drawings or not, and yes! (but sorry I'm not a fan of the cat story). The author seems to love palm plants so much, no? Palm leaves are everywhere and constantly showing (I still look for another c ...more
Irma Agsari
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: scoop
The point of this book is still, meeting people and part with them. I enjoyed the first book so I can’t help comparing these two. I love the watercolor illustrations but I think the first one has more of it and some stories here are repetitive it feels a little bit boring. But Mr. Spaceman is making his comeback and there’s also a story about Mother— and those are my favorites in this book.
Melia
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Lovely book with lovely artworks.
Shanya Putri
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it
I wonder if you ever paused a moment and think, “I miss her and the moments we have been through”.
Aleetha
Dec 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, 2017
There's nothing new here. The illustration format and the story concept do not change much.
Nurul
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this second book than the first one.
Meilan
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
One thing that interests me about Naela Ali is that she is a very productive illustrator. If you noticed, she would come up with another artwork every once in a short while, which is good, because that productivity has led her to be where she is now (not mentioning all the sleepless nights, prayers and stuff because I don't think that is necessary). Her artworks were just simple, not really details-oriented, and just..sweet. I knew that it's not just me thinking that her works are too random and ...more
Dian Shinta
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
[21/70] Stories for Rainy Days Vol. 2 - Naela Ali
⭐⭐⭐ (3 dari 5)

This book is about:

---uncertainty---
It is as simple as yes or no.
As take it or leave it.
Don't let me floating around,
with no destination in mind.
Having you in between is exhausting.

---certainty---
Never in my life I felt this certain about something. I no longer wandering around, hoping to fins the answer. For noe, not only answers that I got, but also destination. I know exactly what I want to do in my life right when I opened my eye
Hestia Istiviani
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
My favorite is Home Where the Heart Is

If home is where the heart is, I know where exactly my heart is
You are a home to me
You smell like fresh linen, full of warmth and comfort. The kind of smell that makes me wanted to stay in bed forever because I know there's no place I'd rather be.
Your eyes are so soft, like a blanket protecting me from the coldest night. Wrapping me with your gentleness, you make me feel safe.

---

For me, it is still the same between Volume 1 and Volume 2. The feel is still th
Puji P. Rahayu
Stories for Rainy Days Volume 2
I never feel that I am the one who loves more or he is the one who loves more. Our love is equal.

by Naela Ali
3 of 5 stars

Still make me relate with some parts :" Love the way Naela did her work. I just couldn't help falling in love with what her thinking.

November was my favorite month. The month I was always looking for. But now, November is just another month passing. Nothing special to look forward to.

But for me, it would be February. Yeah, I hate that Val
Afnifay
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really like it and I want to read the next book. I mean the next series of #StoriesForRainyDays.
Feel enjoy with the stories and illustrations inside the book. And also feel warmth.
Here my fav story after the stories about "Home is where the heart is" and "House made of books".
(The End -- "I believe that there is always the right one for every soul as there is always the right time for every thing. I believe in Heaven as I believe in destiny. I believe that the right after we were born, there
Olivia
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read both Stories for Rainy Days I and II in one sitting because they're not a complex story to follow. All in all, Stories for Rainy Days II still has this same magical feeling as the first one. Beautifully written short stories I didn't regret to spend my money for, indeed. Though still like the first one, some of the stories are repetitive. I've read some about one of the characters giving a music for their partners as the main idea. I guess the author did love music that much but... well. ...more
Ratih Prabandini
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
If home is where the heart is, I know where exactly my heart is.
You are a home to me
You smell like fresh linen, full of warmth and comfort. The kind of smell that makes me wanted to stay in bed forever because I know there’s no place I’d rather be.
Your eyes so soft, like a blanket protecting me from the coldest night. Wrapping me with your gentleness, you make me feel safe.....

.......You are a home to me
A place I will miss when I’m away
A place where I belong
dan saya sangat menantikan untuk memba
Nura
Jan 12, 2018 rated it liked it
These are my favorite.

#House Made of Books

I want to live in a house made of books
I want to sleep in a room smells like old paper

#Eventually
Maybe we will meet again, in the older versions of us.
That day we will be ready for each other.
Not right bow, when we are so destructive, killing each others with our own ego.
One day, I will be right for you, and you will be right for me.
Not today, someday....
Eventually.

#courtesy of iJakarta
Michelle
Apr 14, 2018 rated it liked it
" I think love is no different than cactus. Everybody knows that it's going to hurt if you touch them, but you touch it anyway."
"Or maybe the best thing is to keep a certain distance so you won't get hurt. It's best to admire from afar, right?"

I'm so in love with the illustrations inside this book. They're so heart-warming, especially the cats, the plants and cactus. Very light reading but can be quite touchy at some parts. - or maybe you can relate to it when you've experienced it.
Annisa Natassya
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I kinda like the first book and I think it's fitting to read the book on rainy day with blanket covering you thus I decided to bought the second and third edition.
But this second edition disappointed me. The writing were kinda shallow and keep replying the same thing over and over. I only enjoy 3 or 4 chapters. Plus the first edition's artworks are much more sweet.

Well, finger crossed for the third edition.
Kitty Wibisono
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it
I read the book via i-Jakarta. Even-though I found some grammatical mistake, I still enjoyed the words in this book.

Here's one of my fave quote:

Love is not a competition of winning each other's attention. Love is a teamwork. We are one, fighting all the obstacles that might destroy us. With him, I know I can conquer everything. I know that there is nothing to worry. As long as we're together and have faith in each other, we win.

Hanny Farhanindya
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Naela Ali is always be my favorite writer and illustrator. I'll always love the words, the ideas, and of course the illustration.
Hope there will be volume III ! because I love the short stories and phrases featuring the cat and rainy weather concept.
and yasss! I got this book by giveaway, I am super honored! Thank you Naela Ali!
Esther Tjondro
Nov 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the first time I read her work.

As for me, it was beautifully written, each stories represent something relatable--finding love, facing break up, insecurities, etc. It was enjoyable to read, however I also think she includes some generic poems available in the Internet.

Overall it was a nice book, but for the price you pay with the content provided, it wasn't worth it.
mid
Sep 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
i love this better than the previous series. the dialog between naration. also the transition illustrations are vary based on theme.

also about naela ali might because she came from illustrator i think the words here are to fill. the illustrations really stand out. there's different definition between completing and filling, but nonetheless i enjoy this as well.
Shirley Ririhena
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indonesian, poetry
I really love it!
i always love her art and words since i first knew her from Stories for rainy days and i don't have any complained towards this book, nope i really enjoy the bittersweet feeling that flown from her books, perfect lazy rainy days with coffee or tea and blanket.
Siqahiqa
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Finished reading in one sitting. I love the watercolor ilustrations as book 1. Some of the stories are repetation. And I can’t related much. But, I still love this series and will continue to read the vol 3.
Elfira Lutfia
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
The illustrations are beautiful. Will give a 5 star for them.
But i don’t know why the book itself left me devastated instead of warm.
I finished the 2 volumes in one sitting anyway, not planning to get into the third one.
Risky Bustami
This lil’ book contains short stories about the relationship between a girl and a boy. About how they spent their time together with their routine. With the illustrations in every story. The stories tell us how’s the girl feels. It’s a deep feeling.

• The Book of Forbidden Feelings
  • Jingga Jenaka
  • Imperfect
  • 우리가 함께 걷는 시간
  • Autumn in Paris

Stories for Rainy Days (3 books)
  • Stories For Rainy Days (Stories for Rainy Days, #1)
  • Stories For Rainy Days Volume III