Start by marking “Stories for Rainy Days Volume II” as Want to Read:
Stories for Rainy Days Volume II

Stories for Rainy Days Volume II

It was still raining.
As her cat looked outside
the window where the raindrops
fell on to the monstera leaves,
she put that furry little thing
on her lap and continued
reading the stories.
Published February 2017 by Imprint KPG (Kepustakaan Populer Gramedia)

To ask other readers questions about Stories for Rainy Days Volume II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stories for Rainy Days Volume II

Aiko
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017-bought
I don't know what possessed me to buy this when I knew the first book really irked me with all the grammar mistakes. I guess I was hoping it got better like #88lovelife... but well, it didn't *shrug*

I'm sorry Naela, I know you really love your editor, but if you're going to publish a third book, please find someone else.

Grammar nuisance aside, this book was just like the first book. Lovely illustration, nice words (if only there were no grammar/sentence structure problems to irritate me), but a
Marina
** Books 103 - 2017 **

3,2 of 5 stars!

One of my favorites!

"I think love is no different than cactus
Everybody knows that it's going to hurt if you touch
them, but you touch it anyway

Or maybe the best thing is to keep a certain distance so you won't get hurt
It's best to admire from afar, right?" - Pages 143

Thankyou Scoop Premium!
Fauziah Ramadhani
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Sepertinya aku terlalu menggantungkan ekspektasiku secara berlebihan. Bisa dibilang buku ini premium dengan harga yang tidak murah. Ilustrasi di dalamnya bagus! Cukup fancy seperti buku-buku kekinian yang terlihat cantik untuk masuk laman instagram. Tapi bagiku yang penting dalam sebuah buku adalah konsep tulisan di dalamnya, aku merasa tidak ada keterkaitan antar babnya. Pun tidak begitu suka dengan gaya penulisan bahasa Inggris di dalam buku ini, mungkin akan lebih baik jika ditulis dalam baha ...more
omni voread er
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
"Strangers, we are.
Strangers who once shared intimacy."

"For the first time in my life, someone's happiness means a lot, more than my very own."
Haniva Az Zahra
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Ini adalah buku kedua Naela Ali yang langsung saya beli begitu saya tahu sudah ada kabar untuk pre-order di Gramedia.com

Semacam koleksi, saya ingin melengkapi Volume I nya. Isinya masih serupa dengan di buku sebelumnya. Selain membaca tulisannya, saya menikmati sekali lukisan-lukisan khasnya Naela Ali.

Buku yang menyenangkan untuk dibaca.
Buku yang bisa sangat cepat kamu selesaikan, tetapi merasa sayang, dan memilih membacanya perlahan untuk menikmati halaman demi halaman.
Natanael Christianto
Kayaknya baca buku tercepat di tahun ini, deh. Hehe. Dapet buku ini pas acara launchingnya di Qubicle dan dengerin gimana proses Naela nulis buku ini di sana

Secara keseluruhan, gue lebih suka yang pertama. Yang kedua ini menarik tapi "feel" nya kurang dapet. Paling favorit sih yang Eventually.
Fitria Maya
May 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
a for effort?
Puty Puar
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Well, 2 stars. Not because it is not good. It is because I had pretty high expectation of this illustrated short stories book I bought for 110.000 IDR. I'm a follower of Naela Ali and I like her illustrations, but not really at the level "I'm gonna buy anything by her". The short stories are more like random writings and some had quite disturbing grammar mistake. So yeah. It's cute and hype but don't expect too much.
Steven S
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
cerita dan ilustrasi Naela mantap.

Vira Tanka
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
ABG galau banget. Not my cuppa tea.
alis
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: poetry
masih sama, ilustrasinya bagus, bentuk bukunya ucul, HC dan harganya lebih mahal dari novel terjemahan red rising 😂. aku baca di scoop lagi, isinya masih terlalu cheesy buatku 🙈
Nora Apriyani
Jan 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: digital-books
Mother

She is so delicate and true.
She loves you fiercely.
She gives in all the life she has just for you.
Her love is the strongest kind of love
That couldn't be compared to anyone else's.
She loves you long before she met you.
She takes care of you more, with no hestitation.
She is the one you call Mother.

(pg. 195. At the ending of Stories for Rainy Days Volume II)
Ifa Inziati
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Since there's book two... so I may as well read it in order. A bit shorter than the previous book, more repetitive (like, another Mr. Spaceman? And the ending is unfinished too?), and more unstructured. Again, what helps this book is the illustration. I read this to see whether the author put more cat drawings or not, and yes! (but sorry I'm not a fan of the cat story). The author seems to love palm plants so much, no? Palm leaves are everywhere and constantly showing (I still look for another c ...more
Irma Agsari
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: scoop
The point of this book is still, meeting people and part with them. I enjoyed the first book so I can’t help comparing these two. I love the watercolor illustrations but I think the first one has more of it and some stories here are repetitive it feels a little bit boring. But Mr. Spaceman is making his comeback and there’s also a story about Mother— and those are my favorites in this book.
mei
Mar 17, 2017 rated it liked it
1 mencukupkan. 2? kadang tidak diperlukan,

begitu pendapat saya tentang buku ini hehe

satu2nya tulisan kesukaan saya yang ini saja,

Mr. Spaceman

Mr. Spaceman was floating
Trying to find his home
but he couldn't
he was trapped in a space
of uncertainties

Mr. Spaceman-ku lagi begitu juga soalnya :'(

yang lainnya biasa aja. ilustrasinya juga kurang suka karena kayaknya ada beberapa gambar yang terlihat tidak khas naela ali banget.

dan oh, ada 1 tulisan juga yang kayaknya mirip sama tulisan lang leav gitu heh
Meliana Ningrum
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Lovely book with lovely artworks.
Shanya Putri Siahaan
I wonder if you ever paused a moment and think, “I miss her and the moments we have been through”.
Asriani
Dec 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, ebook
There's nothing new here. The illustration format and the story concept do not change much.
Ade Tawalapi
Oct 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Satu bintang untuk ilustrasinya yang membuatku bertanya-tanya bagaimana pendapat para kurator seni; karena bagiku sendiri semua karya seni itu indah, dan bagus, dan mengagumkan. Hahaa..

Setengah bintang untuk kesempatan melatih bahasa Inggrisku, meski kata beberapa reviewer, tata bahasanya tidak terlalu baik. Sayang aku tidak menyadari itu. Duh!

Setengah bintang lagi untuk bagian-bagian yang nyaris sama persis dengan yang kurasakan. Hal-hal terkait harapan yang tandas di tengah jalan, menyadari ba
Meilan
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
One thing that interests me about Naela Ali is that she is a very productive illustrator. If you noticed, she would come up with another artwork every once in a short while, which is good, because that productivity has led her to be where she is now (not mentioning all the sleepless nights, prayers and stuff because I don't think that is necessary). Her artworks were just simple, not really details-oriented, and just..sweet. I knew that it's not just me thinking that her works are too random and ...more
Rizki Utami
Sep 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mybooks
There is always someone who is better than you are.
But there is only one "you".
You are unique in your own way.
You are beautiful as you are.
Embrace your quirkiness.
That's what makes you, you.

Baru pertama kali baca buku karya nya Naela Ali dan aku suka dengan cara penyampaian nya yang simple dan tidak berbelit-belit apalagi ditambah ilustrasi-ilustrasi lucu nya. Jadi nilai plus buku ini.

Isinya sederhana, jadi kalau kamu sedang mencari 'quick reads' atau 'one sitting book' atau buku ringan yang bis
Dian Shinta
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
[21/70] Stories for Rainy Days Vol. 2 - Naela Ali
⭐⭐⭐ (3 dari 5)

This book is about:

---uncertainty---
It is as simple as yes or no.
As take it or leave it.
Don't let me floating around,
with no destination in mind.
Having you in between is exhausting.

---certainty---
Never in my life I felt this certain about something. I no longer wandering around, hoping to fins the answer. For noe, not only answers that I got, but also destination. I know exactly what I want to do in my life right when I opened my eye
Hestia Istiviani
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
My favorite is Home Where the Heart Is

If home is where the heart is, I know where exactly my heart is
You are a home to me
You smell like fresh linen, full of warmth and comfort. The kind of smell that makes me wanted to stay in bed forever because I know there's no place I'd rather be.
Your eyes are so soft, like a blanket protecting me from the coldest night. Wrapping me with your gentleness, you make me feel safe.

---

For me, it is still the same between Volume 1 and Volume 2. The feel is still th
Puji P. Rahayu
Stories for Rainy Days Volume 2
I never feel that I am the one who loves more or he is the one who loves more. Our love is equal.

by Naela Ali
3 of 5 stars

Still make me relate with some parts :" Love the way Naela did her work. I just couldn't help falling in love with what her thinking.

November was my favorite month. The month I was always looking for. But now, November is just another month passing. Nothing special to look forward to.

But for me, it would be February. Yeah, I hate that Valenti
Aaf Afnifay
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really like it and I want to read the next book. I mean the next series of #StoriesForRainyDays.
Feel enjoy with the stories and illustrations inside the book. And also feel warmth.
Here my fav story after the stories about "Home is where the heart is" and "House made of books".
(The End -- "I believe that there is always the right one for every soul as there is always the right time for every thing. I believe in Heaven as I believe in destiny. I believe that the right after we were born, there
Olivia
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read both Stories for Rainy Days I and II in one sitting because they're not a complex story to follow. All in all, Stories for Rainy Days II still has this same magical feeling as the first one. Beautifully written short stories I didn't regret to spend my money for, indeed. Though still like the first one, some of the stories are repetitive. I've read some about one of the characters giving a music for their partners as the main idea. I guess the author did love music that much but... well. ...more
Ratih Cahaya
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
masih sama dengan volume pertamanya, buku yang cocok dibaca saat musim hujan. menurutku, tidak ada perbedaan yang begitu mencolok antara vol 1 dan 2, kecuali mungkin dari beberapa tulisan di dalamnya. Ada tentang cinta kaktus dan kebahagiaan kucing yang aku suka banget.

Omong-omong, setelah membaca buku-bukunya Naela Ali, aku penasaran mengapa ia memilih bahasa inggris sebagai bahasa bukunya ketimbang bahasa indonesia? mengapa, ya?
Kitty Wibisono
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it
I read the book via i-Jakarta. Even-though I found some grammatical mistake, I still enjoyed the words in this book.

Here's one of my fave quote:

Love is not a competition of winning each other's attention. Love is a teamwork. We are one, fighting all the obstacles that might destroy us. With him, I know I can conquer everything. I know that there is nothing to worry. As long as we're together and have faith in each other, we win.

Nura
Jan 12, 2018 rated it liked it
These are my favorite.

#House Made of Books

I want to live in a house made of books
I want to sleep in a room smells like old paper

#Eventually
Maybe we will meet again, in the older versions of us.
That day we will be ready for each other.
Not right bow, when we are so destructive, killing each others with our own ego.
One day, I will be right for you, and you will be right for me.
Not today, someday....
Eventually.

#courtesy of iJakarta
Annisa Natassya
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I kinda like the first book and I think it's fitting to read the book on rainy day with blanket covering you thus I decided to bought the second and third edition.
But this second edition disappointed me. The writing were kinda shallow and keep replying the same thing over and over. I only enjoy 3 or 4 chapters. Plus the first edition's artworks are much more sweet.

Well, finger crossed for the third edition.
  • Angel in the Rain