Start by marking “The Pearl Sister (The Seven Sisters #4)” as Want to Read:
The Pearl Sister (The Seven Sisters #4)

The Pearl Sister

(The Seven Sisters #4)

CeCe D’Aplièse has never felt she fitted in anywhere. Following the death of her father, the elusive billionaire Pa Salt – so-called by the six daughters he adopted from around the globe and named after the Seven Sisters star cluster – she finds herself at breaking point. Dropping out of art college, CeCe watches as Star, her beloved sister, distances herself to follow her

Published November 2nd 2017 by Macmillan

To ask other readers questions about The Pearl Sister, please sign up.
Lucinda Riley Hi Roz! 'The Pearl Sister' will be available in the UK & Commonwealth on November 2nd. You can pre-order now on Amazon.co.uk. X
Lucinda Riley Sorry for the late reply. The US edition is published on 23rd January 2018. It's available for pre-order now. X

Anne Goldschrift
Wenn das Bücherjahr 2018 mit einem so tollen Buch startet, kann es nur ein gutes Omen sein!
Lucinda Riley ist einfach eine Meisterin der Familiengeschichten 😍
Lori
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic addition to the Seven Sisters series! I think I say this after each one I read, but I think this has been my favorite. It seems to take me a bit to get into each new story only because I’m trying to put all the sisters stories into order. However, once I got to know Kitty I was hooked. I love that Riley is able through this series to take her readers to different remote places across the globe and teach them something about these places while they’re there. So excited to continue these ...more
Sara Bow
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Die sieben Schwestern haben mich den ganzen Februar über begleitet und ich habe keine Ahnung wie ich es aushalten soll bis band 5 erscheint 😭
Babydimps (Suzy)
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, this book is nothing short of spectacular! I cannot begin to explain the joy and fulfillment I get from reading the books in this series. In addition to the first book, The Seven Sisters, The Pearl Sister is my favorite. I absolutely fell in love with Kitty and her story. Set in Australia, I truly felt as if I was taken into another world. It takes me quite some time to get through these books - mainly because I don’t want to miss a single detail - I am fully immersed! I can’t wait for Tig ...more
Zoe
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Poignant, enthralling, and exceptionally moving!

The Pearl Sister, the fourth instalment in the The Seven Sisters series, is predominantly set in the dusty Australian heat during both the early 1900s and twenty-first century as it delves into the life, ancestors, and heritage of CeCe, the struggling, awkward artist who seems adrift and in desperate need of some inspiration, companionship, and contentment.

The prose is expressive, eloquent, and heartfelt. The characters are complex, genuine, and en
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
It is CeCe D’Aplièse’s story that features front and centre in Lucinda Riley’s latest masterpiece series, The Pearl Sister. CeCe is a young woman who has always felt ill at ease in her surroundings, unable to find a sense of peace or home. The death of her beloved father Pa Salt sends her into further despair. England no longer feels like home to CeCe so she makes a rash decision to abandon ship and travel to find her family roots in Australia. Her
Umut Reviews
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
You can also see this review and the rest of Seven Sisters reviews at my blog: https://umutreviews.wordpress.com/201...
'I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when  I heard that my father had died, I thought to myself as I stared out of the window and saw the complete blackness of the night. Intermittently below me, there were small clusters of twinkling lights indicating human habitation, each light containing a life, a family, a set of friends....None of which I felt I had any lon
Pauline
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Pearl Sister by Lucinda Riley was an excellent historical novel, the fourth in a series of books about six young women who had all been adopted as babies and brought up as sisters.
The girls are devastated when their father dies and they all come home for the funeral. They are all given letters written by their father with clues to their natural parents.
This fourth book in the series is about CeCe who travels to Australia in search of her family.
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
Now that I'm reading Star's story in The Shadow Sister, I know that The Pearl Sister is about the artistic, outspoken Ceecee, who at night is tormented by nightmares she doesn't talk about, who makes art but doesn't brag about it, who has dyslexia, and loves Star in a codependent way. I didn't care much for Star's story by the end, so I hope I like this book more.

So, I now know for a fact that the anagram for D’Aplièse and Pa Salt is for the legend of Atlas and the Hesperides.

Claire Robinson
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "So far, it's been an utter... Adventure." Stars!

There aren’t many authors I’d willingly sign up to read a 700+ page book by, but Lucinda Riley’s work is definitely one of the illustrious few that I have absolutely no problem saying yes to in that regard. The Pearl Sister perfectly highlighted why, because it never felt like I was reading a book of that length.

The past is who I am…

The story the author told, took me to present day Thailand, Australia and the UK, as well as Scotland in the
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
I have so far read all the books published in this series except the second one and it's such a wonderful series. I really love how reach book takes one of the sisters through a journey, not only to a faraway country, like Australia in this book, but also a journey into the past.

The best dual storyline books are the ones where both tales are equally interesting and Lucinda Riley has managed to achieve that with this book. I loved how the contemporary story first takes the reader to Thailand and
Teresa
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are times when I want to immerse myself in a novel and capture that feeling of sinking into a favourite armchair with my cosiest blanket with, more than likely, a large glass of rosé on the side. Lucinda Riley's novels have always given me that "hygge" feeling and The Pearl Sister is exactly the kind of comfort reading I need on darkening Autumnal evenings.

I haven't read all of the previous "sisters" series but this works perfectly well as a standalone novel. This is the story of Cece who
Lesincele Viaja gracias a los libros
Cuarta entrega de la serie de las siete hermanas. Había leído alguna que otra reseña que decían que era la parte más floja de las cuatro y a mi en cambio, ha sido una de mis favoritas y eso que CeCe, la hermana en la que está centrada esta historia, es la que menos me convencía de todas.

En este caso, CeCe se pondrá en búsqueda de sus orígenes, lo que le llevará a investigar sobre Kitty, una de las mujeres perleras más importantes de Australia y con la que al parecer está emparentada. Para ello,
Denise Bücherwunderland
ISBN-13: 978-1509851164

Klappentext

Anastasia Ts.
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Αρχικά να σημειώσω ότι τα αστεράκια που έβαλα είναι 3 1/2.
Είναι το πρώτο βιβλίο που διαβάζω από την Lucida Riley από την σειρά "οι κόρες των Αστεριών". Το διάβασα ευχάριστα, χωρίς να με κουράσει. Είχε καθαρά ψυχαγωγικό χαρακτήρα, καθώς πέρασα παρέα του σχεδόν δυο βδομάδες κρύες του Φλεβάρη. Είναι ένα μυθιστόρημα που διαβάζοντάς το θα βρεις έρωτες, ίντριγκα κτλ Οι ήρωες παρουσιάζονται μέσα από τις πράξεις τους, συνεπώς θα αισθανθείς διττά συναισθήματα. Προσωπικά συμπαθούσα κάποιες φορές την κεντρ
Helen White
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received in Goodreads giveaways - thank you very much.

I wasn't really looking forward to CeCe's story after she came across as controlling and brattish in Star's previous novel. However as always a different perspective changes everything. CeCe does a bit of a runner and decides to head to Australia to find her family, stopping over in Thailand. Thailand brings her the rest and romance she might need but it's when she gets to Australia the s plot really gets good.

As with most dual storylines i
yvonnelesenundso
Die Geschichte von CeCe hat mir noch besser gefallen als die von Maia im ersten Teil. Tolle menschliche Charaktere und eine emotionale Story, die einen zum ständigen weiterlesen zwingt.
Jenks
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After the the first two books - I had formed an opinion of Cece and I couldn’t of been more wrong !

This was amazing , I love the way the author details the journey of each daughter and how they finally find themselves home.

I’d recommend this book and cannot wait to read the next one ( I read this slightly out of sync )
Nathalie
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! Lucinda Rileys Schreibstil hat mich, wie immer, sofort begeistert. Trotz des sehr detailreichen Stils ist das Buch an keiner einzigen Stelle langweilig und kaum eine Autorin schafft es, die Persönlichkeit der Protagonisten (vor allem der Schwestern selbst) so greifbar zu vermitteln, wie Lucinda Riley. Wie man es aus den vorherigen Bändern bereits kennt, macht sich auch CeCe, mit Hilfe von Koordinaten und einem Hinweis von Pa Salt, auf die Suche nach ihrer leiblichen Familie. Sie reist gerne ...more
Anna
The Pearl Sister is the fourth installment of the planned Seven Sisters series, each book focusing on one sister. Pa Salt was a wealthy man who adopted six baby girls (yes six, not seven - why?) from all over the world and brought them up with love, luxury and opportunity at his lakeside castle in Geneva. Now he's dead and has bequeathed an envelope of clues for each daughter should they wish to trace their roots. The fourth sister is Cece....

I've been concerned about this one as I haven't liked
Judy
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is Cece's story - I always look forward to the next book in this series to find out where that sister came from and how she came to be adopted by Pa Salt. The stories are always intriguing as, after Pa Salt's death, each sister searches for her heritage. Cece's search takes her far away indeed and she finds a rich history with surprising characters. The historical backstory was fascinating and I loved reading about Kitty, Andrew and Drummond.

I hear there may be a tv series: https://www.panm
María josé
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amo las novelas de Lucinda Riley y especialmente amo esta saga. Este cuarto libro no decepciona para nada. Los personajes son interesantes, los aspectos históricos y culturales son educativos y el misterio subyacente de Pa Salt es siempre intrigante.
Doreen M.
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Die Perlenschwester ist bisher mein Lieblingsteil der sieben Schwestern Reihe und das für mich bisher beste Buch das ich von Lucinda Riley gelesen habe!
Patrizia
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, read-in-german
Einfach wunderschön 😊
Aleksandra
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Volim Australiju, a ovaj nastavak ima elemente meni dragih romana, Matildin posljednji valcer i Ptice umiru pjevajući, a podsjeća jako i na odličnu novozelandsku trilogiju koja počinje sa U zemlji bijelog oblaka. Odličan roman kao i ostali iz ovog serijala, samo sada treba dočekati i priču o petoj sestri a nije još ni izašla...
Thebooktrail
description

Visit the locations in the novel
link: The Pearl Sister

I’m a huge fan of the Seven Sisters series and this is no exception. I spent a delicious day reading this and nothing else. What a treat it was. Intertwining stories, another mystery of a sister finding out who her real parents are, travelling to Australia, to Alice Springs no less to find out. I loved the going back in time to meet Kitty – a woman whose life is linked to Star. The intricate way the story played out was a delight and the 670
Haleema
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was absolutely beautiful. Pearl sister is my favourite of the seven sisters series so far. I have smiled, cried, laughed, gasped a few times and thought about the storyline when I was not reading it. The characters were just brilliant I could relate to the storylines and characters in so many different ways I felt like my own life was projected in some ways.
The historical aspect of Australia and the pearling industry was amazing to read about as all the ancestral stories in the seven siste
Alexandra Fuller
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I had enjoyed the first three of this series by Lucinda Riley and had eagerly awaited the issue of this one. I was a bit disappointed as I felt she did not convey the relationship of the main character with her Australian roots as well as she had with the back stories three earlier sisters. I felt the main character was lacking in things to illuminate her personality, she came over as very weak. I felt also that the author was searching for ideas to bring the story together but she did not succe ...more
Aylavella
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Al igual que las anteriores novelas de esta saga, me ha encantado. Es verdad que cuesta entrar más que en las otras, pero luego la historia se vuelve muy interesante y entretenida y entendemos mejor a Cece, y eso que no era una hermana que me cayera especialmente bien, por su actitud hacia Star en los anteriores libros, al final se le toma cariño.
Muy recomendable.
The Lit Bitch
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it

I have been a huge fan of Lucina Riley’s novels for quite some time, although I think I missed one back in 2016, THE SHADOW SISTER, which makes me sad because I love her books. I simply must go back and read that one before the year is out and the next book comes out!

That said, I don’t feel like I missed a whole lot by skipping around within the series. Every story is unique and independent of the series as a whole, but that said they are all connected by central characters and other p

• Greyfriars House
  • The Saffron Trail
  • The Silent Tide
  • After the Last Dance
  • Windflowers
  • The Silent Touch of Shadows
  • Song of the Skylark
  • The Swallow and the Hummingbird
  • Crucible of Secrets (Alexander Seaton, #3)
  • Ember Island
  • The Postcard
  • Christmas on Primrose Hill
  • Tapestry
AKA: Lucinda Edmonds
Lucinda Riley was born in Ireland, and after an early career as an actress in film, theatre and television, wrote her first book aged twenty-four. Her books have been translated into over thirty five languages and sold fifteen million copies worldwide. She is a Sunday Times and New York Times bestseller.

Lucinda is currently writing The Seven Sisters series, which tells the stor

The Seven Sisters (6 books)
  • The Seven Sisters (The Seven Sisters, #1)
  • The Storm Sister (The Seven Sisters #2)
  • The Shadow Sister (The Seven Sisters #3)
  • The Moon Sister (The Seven Sisters, #5)
  • The Sun Sister (The Seven Sisters, #6)
“Negative thought brings negative action.” 2 likes