Start by marking “At the Corner of Rock Bottom & Nowhere” as Want to Read:
At the Corner of Rock Bottom & Nowhere

At the Corner of Rock Bottom & Nowhere

Blackjack dealer and stripper Adrian West has lived in Las Vegas long enough to be numb to beggars on the Strip. Their destitution is a sad, ugly part of reality in a city where people win or lose it all at the tables every single day.

So he’s at a loss to explain why the homeless man in the suit catches his eye. Why he can’t just keep on walking like he always does.

For
Published February 24th 2017

To ask other readers questions about At the Corner of Rock Bottom & Nowhere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At the Corner of Rock Bottom & Nowhere

Start your review of At the Corner of Rock Bottom & Nowhere
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.25~

Even though Witt has mad skills, I don't always mesh with her work. But this book? Yeah, this book is a Must Read, you guys!

It has all the elements I love:

- scorching HEAT (hot, hotter, HOTTEST; all the passionate kisses did me in.)

- complex, vulnerable MCs (I fell in love with Max and Adrian almost immediately.)

- strong focus on the relationship

- no drama (and no insta love, either)

- well-developed sense of place (I've spent a lot of time in Vegas and lived in Los Angeles; I could tell
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!
Ami
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Looking back, I realized I’ve been living in black and white, and suddenly you showed up in Technicolor

I've been having quite a book-funk phase for MM romance for the past 2-weeks or so before I decided to give this one a try. I liked the idea that I read from the summary; a happenstance of sort that brings these two men together. Adrian, a card dealer who also works as stripper and Max, a homeless man that Adrian helps-- even if Adrian cannot really explain why he decides to actually stop t
CrabbyPatty
Adrian, a dealer in Vegas who also works as a stripper, sees a homeless guy (in a suit with expensive Italian shoes) by the fountains in front of Bellagio and offers Max a hand-up not just a hand-out, by buying his dinner and letting him stay in his home for a few days to get back on his feet. Max's story is very touching and I loved how Adrian and Max's relationship evolves slowly into something that each man deeply needs - a sense of home, of belonging (plus some very hot man sex.)
I'm jarring
Karen
Once again I'm late to the party on this one but even arriving late...

it was still worth showing up for.

I thoroughly enjoyed this one. The MCs were wonderful and the story was heartwarming and at times heartbreaking.

Adrian needs someone to be reminded that human kindness and compassion are characteristics the world can't afford to loose. Max needs to be reminded of the same thing only from the receiving end of things. It's through their mutual need for this reminder that both men discover
Fani *loves angst*
Update March 2020
Okay, it was weird, I ended up not liking it in my second reread :( I usually have small flunctuations on my rating when rereading, but this time the difference between my first time and the second is ridiculous. Downgrading to 4 stars and not lower, because I am (like almost everyone this time) in a shitty mood which may, or may not, have impacted my enjoyment of the book.

Original review:
----
4.5 stars rounded up to 5 stars because I didn't skip the sex scenes and because I feel
Anke
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Free from amazon:)

I had this book for quite some time now and first I was hesitant to read it, because I feared it to be rather dark, then I tried and couldn't get into it. But yesterday, suddenly it worked. It was heartwarming, not dark at all, perhaps a bit too easy, therefore 4 stars.

Rachel
6/10/18 Currently FREE via Amazon: http://a.co/hcKadPv ...more
Shelby P
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
I really enjoyed this book. It was the perfect length and the chemistry between Max and Adrian was off the charts. The book wasn't predictable at all because I kept asking myself "how will they make it work?" When I thought things would go one way, they didn't.

Adrian was such a smart character. More people should try to pay off their house. I always wondered why people who make good money don't do just that? I can see how Max became homeless too. (view spoiler)
Christelle
Another winner for LA Witt with a theme that is much heavier than what I’m used from her.
Max is almost at the end for his rope : everything spiralled down for him and he thought about giving up entirely during a trip to Las Vegas. But he couldn’t. He did though ended up living in the streets until one night, Adrian offered him a hand and a meal. Both are tipsy at first, Max not believing a stranger would be ready to help him and Adrian afraid he might be judged for his job choices, ie being a s
ReadingAllNite
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very sweet romance, closer to 3.5 stars

I've loved so many of L.A. Witt's stories and several are on my all time favorites list. This didn't quite make it there but it was still a good story, just not completely believable in spots. Max is living on the street after blowing the last of his money gambling and then deciding he wasn't ready to die after all. Adrian was the dealer that night and when he sees Max several days later, he's drawn to him and offers a hand up.

Adrian's defensive about othe
Ula'ndi Hart
Overall book rating: 4.25
Audio Book: Sean Crisden 4.5 I LOVE YOUR MAX VOICE STARS!!!
Book Cover: 3.5

Well now. That was a lovely little slice of goodness. Thank you very much.

Sean Crisden – I LOVED YOUR MAX VOICE! I honestly think you made his character even better for me!

What wasn’t to love about this short-read? I don’t know cause I just loved all of it.
This was a real feel good story. Nothing over the top, just right.
namericanwordcat
3.5 Stars

I had a lovely time with A and Max. The setting work in Las Vegas is especially well done and this is an engaging redemptive love story about taking risks.

I really liked how well the heroes treated each other and the careful look at how easy it is to slip over the economic edge.

A's issue around being judged for his job got a bit old at times and Max would have needed much more work to rebound emotionially I think but overall this is a kind and hopeful tale.
Sylvie
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chance encounter!

I really enjoyed this story about Adrian, a young man who works in Las Vegas as a blackjack dealer and stripper, who offers a homeless man a meal one night after work.

Max used to be a well-off advertising exec in Los Angeles until he lost his job through no fault of his own. Then his boyfriend left him, his condo went into foreclosure because he could no longer afford the mortgage, and both his cars got repossessed.
He was reduced to sitting outside the Bellagio casino with a pla
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Great audiobook--not too short, not too long, with an outstanding narration by Sean Crisden. Is the plot believable? Only by a stretch of the imagination. Is it fun, interesting, character-driven, and smoking' hot (as only Lori Witt can do it)? Yes, yes, yes.

Adrian and Max meet when something about the homeless guy in the business suit catches Adrian's eye. He knows he's seen him somewhere. And that spark of recognition begins a step toward friendship that ultimately ends in a relationship and
♥️Victoria ♥️ ♥️love books♥️
Overall rating: 3.5 Stars
Audio book: n/a
Book Cover: 3 Stars
MC1: Adrian West
MC2: Max Reynolds

Just a sweet down on luck story. Loved it
Manfred
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the story of Adrien and Max, it was quite heartwarming and sweet, not much drama, perfect for a nice evening read.
Max lost almost everything, so he decides to go to Las Vegas, spend his last money and then leave the world with a bang. However, all this more or less happens off page, when the story starts, we meet Adrien, who works in a Casino and has another job as a stripper.
On his way home he passes by a homeless man and spontaneously offers to buy him dinner!
The story evolves
Leaundra
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one. It really was a sweet book. I liked both MC's from the beginning. They were perfect for each other... ...more
Elithanathile
May 03, 2019 rated it liked it
True rating ... 3.5 stars :-D!!! Truly lovely book :-D <3333!!
Linda ~ they got the mustard out! ~
What happens when a blackjack dealer/stripper/occasional prostitute meets a homeless man/former ad exec on the streets of Vegas and offers him a hand up? You get role-reversed Pretty Woman!

I didn't really buy the way these two met, at first. Adrian's constantly walking right on by the homeless people living on the streets of Vegas without a backward glance - but backward glances at Max because of his designer suit and shoes. I guess if you want any hope of being rescued off the streets, you bet
Jenn C
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet very romantic with plenty of steam. Adrian is from Vegas. A dealer and a stripper who occasional sleeps with men for money - he is settled in his life. Max is more than down on his luck and out on the street. As Adrian heads home one night from a long night of dancing he passes Max. For whatever reason he stops to help him.

Max doesn't see Adrian as a piece of meat or less of a person because he is a 'sex worker'. Max realizes that with Adrian he is finally living.

Adrian doesn't necessari
Elisa Rolle
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2017 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention: At the Corner of Rock Bottom & Nowhere L.A. Witt
1) I really enjoyed this story, especially since I spent some time in Las Vegas. The characters pulled me in from the beginning and I really wanted to see what would happen next. Fans of Ms. Witt are sure to love this book.
2) I really enjoyed reading this book by LA Witt. Then again, I've always enjoyed all her stories. This was a sweet, compassionate tale of a rich man in the throes of desperation thinking th
Ed Davis
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It’s almost like a fantasy because I can’t imagine this happening in real life. That didn’t matter to me. I loved Max and Adrian and just wanted them to work things out. It was a wonderful and sexy story.

I did think it was strange that Max could solve his problems so quickly. What was he doing in the year after he lost his job? Oh well, I did say this was like a fantasy.
dbbks3
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Poignant

LA With is among my favorite authors. This is a touching story about accepting one's self. Only then can you open your heart to others. She surrounds her reader with the lives of her characters. I, the reader, was there with them, hurting for them, loving them and never wanting to leave. What more can I say about a book and its characters. Brilliant.
Kris
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really sweet book about two very different men meeting and forging a connection. As usual, Witt's characters are charming, interesting and easy to love. Her pacing was brisk enough to keep the story moving, but not so fast that everything felt rushed. The plot was bog standard romance, but the characters made it worth the read. ...more
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
No rating DNF @ 38%. I just couldn't connect to either character. I just didn't care. I didn't feel that connection at all. ...more
Rebecca
The story was cute, the men were hot, the sex delightful... it was an easy read with not much drama. The epilogue was perfect, I do love it when it's years away instead of weeks. ...more
Bitchie
Best book I've read by this author in ages. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Starting From Here (Starting From, #3)
  • We Have Till Dawn
  • Forget Me Not
  • First Impressions (Auckland Med., #1)
  • After Ben (Seattle Stories, #1)
  • The Endless Road to Sunshine
  • Laying Pipe (Blue Collar Hearts #1)
  • Marry Me (Tattoos and Temptation #1)
  • Hush
  • Cabin Fever
  • Found at the Bookstore (Found, #2)
  • Tic-Tac-Mistletoe
  • Bossy
  • The Redemption of River (Sex in Seattle, #4)
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • Precious
  • In Case of Emergency
  • One Man's Trash (The Heretic Doms Club, #1)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
L.A. Witt and her husband have been exiled from Spain and sent to live in Maine because rhymes are fun. She now divides her time between writing, assuring people she is aware that Maine is cold, wondering where to put her next tattoo, and trying to reason with a surly Maine coon. Rumor has it her arch nemesis, Lauren Gallagher, is also somewhere in the wilds of New England, which is why L.A. is al ...more