Start by marking “Ain't He Precious? (Sex and Sweet Tea, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ain't He Precious? (Sex and Sweet Tea, #1)

Ain't He Precious?

(Sex and Sweet Tea #1)

Welcome to Whynot, North Carolina, population 3,872. It has one stoplight, one bar, and the one-and-only Trixie Mancinkus.

Eleven years ago, Trixie graduated Harvard Law, turned down a job offer from one of the most prestigious law firms in Boston, and headed home to Whynot to open her own firm. Not only did she leave behind the big city, but she also left her boyfriend of
Published April 11th 2017 by Big Dog Books

To ask other readers questions about Ain't He Precious?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ain't He Precious?

Start your review of Ain't He Precious? (Sex and Sweet Tea, #1)
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

Ry has always been my biggest regret, but it’s not a fixable one. I have my life here, he has his back in Boston, and those lives are firmly entrenched.

photo WhyNot_zpsesxsxn31.jpg

AIN’T HE PRECIOUS is a slow building sweet and light-hearted tale of a once in a lifetime love and second chances. Get ready to be charmed by the quirky inhabitants of the small town of WhyNot, North Carolina. This book is definitely a change from the steamy stories that Sawyer Bennett
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 6f2f505a11cd5f30610a797f926653_zps2vdkb6hi.gif

Ain’t Sawyer Bennett precious? Well, her alter ego Juliette Poe surely is as she delivers one charming second chance love story in Ain’t He Precious? This novella was a sweet sticky molasses of love, family charm, second chances, and good old Southern hospitality.

photo bacb9b465225c18d38b506c830ff79_zps5h0jk5gi.gif My knees are pressed in tight against his hips, my fingertips digging down into his shoulders, and my heart skittering out of control. Not just because of the amazing
Dali
Absolutely delightful. Ain’t He Precious? is a charming story about sweet friendship and sexy love.
When life hands you lemons, all you need is a little sex and sweet tea to make things better.

When Trixie Mancinkus went back home to Whynot eleven years ago after finishing law school from Harvard, she didn’t just reject a job offer from one of the most respected law firms in Boston, she also ended her three year relationship with the love of her life. But after all these years when a legal
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Juliette Poe Fans, Southern Charm, Romance
4 A Second Chance For The Only Love Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free-It's Now Free!!!
First loves can be so wonderful...and they can also be so frustrating, too. Especially when they aren't just an intense infatuation or lustful experience. When it is those kinds of "firsts," yes it can be difficult when they end... but you are able to learn from it, live through it and move on.

No, truly first loves that have all the makings of forever....those that do not have the HEA each person thinks is going to
Sabrina
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Ain't He Precious is Sawyer Bennett's first novella written as Juliette Poe and her first in a sweet contemporary series. I'll read anything SB writes, no matter what name it's under, and I've yet to read one of her stories and not liked it. This book may have been a lot different than her others, hence the name change, but it was still just as captivating and enjoyable.

The relationship between Ry and Trixie was very slow moving but it was still full of sexual tension that will have
Claire Robinson
Apr 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
3 - My first love... My truest love. Stars.

ITs LIVE!

Amazon: http://amzn.to/2lUzx7P
B&N: http://bit.ly/2lRoBt2
iBooks: http://apple.co/2lUmKlt
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2mblnl2
Kobo: http://bit.ly/2ln51S3

Juliette Poe aka Sawyer Bennett brings readers a new series Sex and Sweet Tea; set in and around the town of Whynot, Carolina, population 3,872.

First up is Trixie Mancinkus; town lawyer, and general all round good egg. Her story is very much a second-chance reconnection, when she summons
Corina
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, funny
I came home yesterday and was EXHAUSTED. Drained, tired and couldn’t wait to put comfy clothes on, curl up with my kindle and leave it all behind me.

And I couldn’t have chosen a better book.

Ain’t He Precious? (Sex and Sweet Tea) by Juliette Poe was exactly what I needed.

First off I LOVE NOVELLAS!!!!

I can finish them usually without worrying about getting up the next morning. From start to finish in one sitting – PERFECT!

On top of that Ain’t He Precious? was absolutely ADORABLE and PRECIOUS!
It
Jayme
4,5 stars! Lovely small town second chance romance! It's not long but very great new side of Sawyer Bennett as Juliette Poe. What is the difference? I think it is more cute and less erotic.

About the plot: Trixie is a Harvard educated layer, but instead of a brilliant career, she chose to return to her hometown, where she can represent Whynot's people. It surprised her then-boyfriend and the only great love, Ryland Powers. They wanted different things from life and decided to go different ways.
JewelsyGoolsy
Apr 30, 2017 rated it liked it
3.25 -Not enough D in the V for this pervert- Stars

Yes, I had to read every detail about the charm and definition of southern American lifestyle including the people, food, atmosphere, buildings, drinks, town politics, family life etc. I didn't even skim any of those parts because: 1) it was written engagingly, and 2) I believed that the payoff for my patience would come in steaming, hot nookie... but instead; I got washed-over snippets and teases that practically screamed: "use your own
1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet southern second chance…

I love it when two lovers who have parted ways are able to reconnect and work through their unresolved baggage. It’s like spring-cleaning for the heart! Trixie and Ry loved and planned until everything changed almost overnight. Not sure how, not sure why, but they did. Years later, they are reunited over a case, this time litigating in a small hometown that speaks of old-fashioned charm and family. Reconciling the past, navigating the present and maybe (maybe?)
Shayna
How is it, that in just under 100 pages, this author can completely BLOW ME AWAY?! I went into this not knowing what to expect. Well, that's not really true because HELLO! It's Sawyer Bennett for crying out loud. Just because she is writing under a pen name doesn't take away how INCREDIBLE her writing is. Yes, it's VERY different from what we are used to with Bennett's writing, but it's no less special at all! I call it, the sweeter side of SEXY! I know, classy right? But it's true. EVERYTHING ...more
AC Book Blog
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
MY MY MY! I got to say I love the alter ego of Sawyer Bennett – I always love her writing style and her stories so there is no surprise that I would fall in love with this book. Juliette Poe writes sweeter but still hot and sexy contemporary romance. There is something about love in a small town and in this case with a hard dose of southern charm that just makes me go weak at the knees.
Trixie and Ryland were college sweethearts. They have plans of working for a big law firm after Harvard and
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

35 year old Trixie is a lawyer in the tiny little southern town of Whynot.
Her mother's family has lived there for centuries and her parents are still running that old farm.
Her grandpa on her dad's side runs the local bar and her siblings are a vet, a carpenter, a farmer and a bakery owner.
But practicing law in her hometown wasn't always the plan. Trixie went to Harvard, fell in love with Ry, spent three amazing years with him making plans about the future, but then she just left to work in her
Anne OK
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
Well, I declare! NYTimes best-selling author, Sawyer Bennett has gone down south and gotten herself an alter ego! She’s writing as Juliette Poe, in a new series that’s sweeter thanpee-can pie. Set in a Mayberry-esque setting, this novella casts Ryland Powers, one of those highfalutin’ Harvard-trained big city attorneys, and Trixie Mancinkus, homegrown small town southern lawyer (andHarvard Law grad, herself), in a second chance romancetrope.Told in first person point of view by three different ...more
Irene
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Ain't He Precious? was a sweet, fun and heartwarming second chance love story, I really enjoyed it.

The writing was well done, the storyline was entertaining, the characters Ry and Trixie were likable, funny and I enjoyed watching them reconnect after being apart for eleven years.
It was obvious from the first meeting these two still have deep feelings for each other.
They once walked away from the love they shared thinking at the time they couldn't make things work, but now they both know
Kim
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
I am a big fan of Sawyer Bennett and she tends to write various genres and I usually just blindly follow along. I am still not totally sure why she felt she wanted to write this series under a pen name since I think it does fall into her normal writing realm, but with that being said, this is definitely falls under her lighter, sweet, funny, and swoony side.

Trixie Mancinkus is the only lawyer in her tiny small Southern town of Whynot, NC. She is a bit unconventional, but she fits right into her
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Cute short second chance read.

Trixie and Ry were fun to read about. Their storyline was interesting and I was definitely rooting for them from the beginning. The both characters were great but a bit annoying at times.

It was a good story but was lacking in something for me, I can't quite say what it was maybe it was me not being able to fully commit to the story, some parts just turned me off and I felt were unnecessary in a certain parts but other than that it was good.

I'd definitely attempt
Alla
Sweet and cute.
3.5 stars.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

So Sawyer Bennett took off her steamy, erotic hat and put on her sweet, adorable hat as Juliette Poe in Ain’t He Precious; a small town, second chance love story that was fun, sassy, and heart-warming. Eleven years after law school graduation and parting ways, ex-lovers are reunited when one needs help and a “big name” attorney to win the best settlement for her client. Written in first person and told from the perspective of the two main characters as well as the grandfather of the
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

A new series from Sawyer Bennett/Juliette Poe - let me at it!

Settle in with your ereader and a cup of sweet tea for this cute and sweet second chance romance.

Ain't He Precious kind of reminded me a little of that TV show Hart Of Dixie - I think it is just the small town southern thing there.

Trixie and Ry's story is full of sweet moments - though I had to shake my head at the pair of the, neither of them made a move to contact the other in over a decade? Pish! I
Cyndi
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the beginning of a series that I will definitely keep reading. The characters are fun and the town sounds like just the kind of place I want to visit from time to time.
Our story begins with our heroine. She is a great lawyer who decided to set up office in her hometown. When she needs some help with a case she calls her old boyfriend to bring in his own expertise with the law.
Years ago the two were very much in love. But when it came time to leave law school and set up their
Lisa
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun, lighthearted read, which is totally a welcome change of pace! Sometimes you just need an honest-to-goodness, drama-free love story. Add in a little sassy southern humor, and you've got a winning combination!

Trixie and Ryland were a couple for all three laws they attended Harvard Law School, and had grand plans to accept matching job offers at a prestigious firm in Boston, get married, have babies, the whole shebang. But, then Trixie bailed on Ry and hightailed it back to her
Janey
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: april-2017
3.75 Chesty's stars

Ryland Powers and Trixie Mancinkus had spent an inseparable 3 years, whilst at Harvard Law School. With big plans for the future together, they were both offered positions at a reputable Law firm in Boston. Their life was fully on course, until it wasn’t.

Eleven years later, Trixie is the main port of call for anything legal in the town of Whynot, North Carolina - population 3,872. Back in the bosom of her family, and far away from Boston…and Ry.

Ry receives a request for help
Nadine Bookaholic
If you have read some of my reviews you'll know that I am a huge fan of Sawyer Bennett's so when I heard that she would be writing a book as Juliette Poe I couldn't wait to see what she had in store for us. I was totally ecstatic when I had the opportunity to get my hands on an advanced readers copy.

I really don't want to get into the comparisons of one book against another so I wont, but what I will tell you is that the story was sooooooo worth the read. It was lighthearted, there was very
~Stéphanie's Journal~
City meets countryside!

Ain't he precious was a sweet and charming fast read. It's always enjoyable when you get to meet new characters, new town and new way of living.

Trixie & Ryland were lovers for 3 years before life came in the way. Trixie went back to her little town of Whynot and Ryland keep living in New York City. But when she needs him on a special case, he doesn't hesitate and comes to her rescue. What started as help quickly becomes more? But what changed in 11 years?

Trixie has a
Monique
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you need a quick novella to get your reading mojo back, this is the one for you! It is a sweet second chance rom-com that you won't want to put down. And knowing that there will be more in this series is just a bonus.

This series will be centred around the Maine/Mancinkus clan. This novella is Trixie and Ryland's story, how they met in Law school and dated. They even made plans for their future, but Trixie couldn't live in the big city, and Ry was all set for his high profile position and
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***ARC Provided by the Author and InkSlinger PR***

I love it when an author decides to write under a pen name because they want to write a slightly different story...at least, that is what looks like happened here.

And, this classic Sawyer Bennett...but it is also Juliette Poe. And, I really, really enjoyed it. The writing style that you love is there, but it is different. The edges are softer, the characters maybe a little smoother. And not in a bad way. This takes place in Whynot, of all
book bruin
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ain't He Precious? was such a fun, entertaining, and lighthearted read! It's on the shorter side, but this second chance romance was just what I was looking for after reading some heavier books.

Trixie and Ryland have been apart for eleven years, after dating for 3 years through law school. They had made plans to spend the rest of their lives together, when suddenly those plans changed, leaving Ryland in Boston, Massachusetts and Trixie in Whynot, North Carolina. They've moved on with their
Pamela Lilley
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my. An honest to goodness happy, feel good book that left me all warm and fuzzy. A second chance romance that follows Trixie and Ryland, both Harvard Law School graduates who were offered jobs at a prestigious Boston Law firm. Yet after 3 years as a couple Trixie decides to up and move back to her hometown of Whynot, North Carolina, shocking and surprising Ryland in the process. 11 years later Trixie reaches out to Ryland for assistance in one of her cases, and Ryland hops on a plane to meet ...more
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Juliette Poe is making a wave in the romance world and getting her name known with this brilliant debut novel. Sure she's better known as Sawyer Bennett but man did she kill it on the softer... sweeter... sexier side of herself.

Ain't He Precious is the first standalone novel surrounding the most adorable little town in North Carolina (and that happens to be my home state!) and the people who live there. This story was so good... fun, sweet, and full of second chance.

Ry and Trixie... they
Goodreads Librari...: Please consolidate duplicate books covers 2 12 Jul 07, 2019 07:14AM

• Tacker (Arizona Vengeance, #5)
  • Sexy Lies and Rock & Roll (Legal Affairs, #6)
  • Dax (Arizona Vengeance, #4)
  • Code Name: Genesis (Jameson Force Security, #1)
  • Instant Attraction
  • Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
  • Code Name: Sentinel (Jameson Force Security, #2)
  • Scrooged
  • Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)
  • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • The Pecker Briefs (Legal Affairs, #7)
  • Christmas in the City
  • Delayed Satisfaction
  • Never Have I Ever (Always Satisfied #3)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
  • Just My Type
  • Confessions of a Litigation God (Legal Affairs, #2)
Juliette Poe is the sweet and swoony alter ego of New York Times Best Selling author, Sawyer Bennett.

A fun-loving southern girl, Juliette knows the allure of sweet tea, small towns, and long summer nights, that some of the best dates end sitting on the front porch swing, and that family is top priority. She brings love in the south to life in her debut series, Sex & Sweet Tea.

When Juliette

Sex and Sweet Tea (5 books)
  • Stubborn as a Mule (The Sex and Sweet Tea Series Book 2)
  • Barking Up the Wrong Tree (Sex and Sweet Tea, #3)
  • Pretty as a Peach (Sex and Sweet Tea, #4)
  • Gimme Some Sugar (Sex and Sweet Tea, #5)
“that’s the hallmark of a true southerner. Family bonds.” 0 likes