Start by marking “Not a Tame Lion: Unveil Narnia Through the Eyes of Lucy, Peter, and Other Characters Created by C. S. Lewis” as Want to Read:

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
A study of the spiritual world of Narnia as seen through the main characters' interactions with Aslan the Lion. An introductory chapter focuses on the spiritual world of C. S. Lewis and the origins of Narnia. The other chapters focus on character traits of key characters in the Narnia series—goodness, valor, poise under pressure, grace, humility, stubbornness, viciousness, ...more
Published August 22nd 2005 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published August 8th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Not a Tame Lion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not a Tame Lion

Jo
Dec 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: inklings
Written by someone who clearly loves and has thought deeply about the Chronicles; some helpful literary analysis happens in it. However, one can't escape the overwhelming impression that Edwards has mistaken Aslan for the substance and Christ for the shadow...

Also, he implicates other Inklings in the writing of fairy tales. So far as I know only Lewis and Tolkien are known for writing fantasy, and neither the Chronicles nor the Hobbit/LOTR books fit Tolkien's definition of fairy tales (essay, "
Jessalyn Gray
I LOVED this book! I read it and it was awesome. It gave me a more in depth look at the Chronicles of Narnia series. Another book I read in the same category is ROAR: A Christian Family Guide to The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. This book is by Heather Harpham Kopp, David Kopp and Martin French.
Elaine
Aug 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: christian
I was really disappointed with this book. Although there were a couple of good points made, I found the style really heavy going. Perhaps I should have gone for CS Lewis & Narnia for Dummies, instead!
Leanna