Start by marking “Distant Illusions (Safeguard, #3)” as Want to Read:
Distant Illusions (Safeguard, #3)

Distant Illusions

(Safeguard #3)

Follow along as USA Today Bestselling Author Kennedy Layne takes you down a suspenseful path where a ruthless killer is always one step ahead...

Brody Novak has been given his first assignment for Safeguard Security & Investigations, and it has nothing to do with his lead role as a communications specialist. With the rest of the team occupied on a hunt for a serial killer,
Published May 23rd 2017 by Kennedy Layne Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Distant Illusions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Distant Illusions

The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren WeisbergerNobody Was Here  by Alison PolletWild by Cheryl StrayedWho She Is by Diane ByingtonI Gave My Heart to Know This by Ellen Baker
Shoes (no people)
256 books — 37 voters
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai SijieThe Devil Wears Prada by Lauren WeisbergerCinder by Marissa MeyerWalking Shoes by Lynne GentryTomboy by Lisa Selin Davis
Red Shoes
106 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Distant Illusions (Safeguard, #3)
N.N. Light
This was my first Kennedy Layne book and it won't be my last. It had excellent characters in it with a creepy bad guy to boot. The romance was definitely swoon-worthy and the suspense kept me at the edge of my seat. I can't wait to read more! Highly recommend!

Disclaimer: I got a paperback for a gift.

My Rating: 5 stars
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For the last four years of her life Remy Kincaid has started to feel some sense of peace knowing her sisters killer was behind bars, but when she makes her yearly call to ensure he is where he should be she learns the devastating news that he's not. And before long the paranoia of him lurking at every turn takes over, good thing she has a plan in place to keep herself safe, and finally rid her life of the man who has taken so much from her. But before she can put her plan into action her boss de ...more
Poppy
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Queen of Security has delivered again!

Hot Climate, sun lounger and Kennedy Layne perfect sunbathing material!

I loved Brody and Remy. Remy is my new alpha female. She's strong, independent, hell bent on revenge, doesn't need the man but learns she wants him and doesn't need to be alone.

As with all The Queens work, we are delved into a world of storytelling at its best. Like a case, you follow one lead and BAM it takes you where you'd least expect.

I sense danger for all the team with the Mos
Trish-Sunshine Reads
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Could. Not. Put. It. Down. Seriously the action and passion kept me glued to it.
This was an intense story. First we have the team hunting an escaped serial killer then we get an assignment to protect a woman from a the released killer of her sister. Remy is dead set on revenge and can't seem to move past it. Brody is more laid back and is determined to protect her. We stay on our toes the whole time with this book.
Ellen White
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Remy thought peace would finally come after four years, instead she got the news her sisters killer was granted patrol. It bothered her, four years equate to a young life taken. She was watching his moments, till her boss interved and hired a place and protection for him. Brody his first assignment with Safeguard. Information is getting out and a friend of hers has been attacked, trying to draw her out. He is illusive will it ever end, and readers will be surprised by why.
Jacqueline
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Toi
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great Story

Remy's worst nightmare has just been released from the mental ward after only four years after killing her sister, she doesn't want protection but once she meets Brody she might change her mind. I hope as shocked about who was the person leaking information about who was protecting Remy.
Beth Scheiner
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent, must read!

Just finished reading Brody and Remy's story. Wonderful and very gripping. Heart pounding fast passed romantic suspense. The book had a twist that had me guessing on who was the inside leak was , that came out of left field. Do not want to mention in case anyone who sees post has not finished. Can't wait till July.
Davia
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A perfect pairing of murder and romance!

I really adore this team of guys and the hunt for serial killers is always great. This book was really good because we didn't really know until the end who was betraying our team. Bravo Kennedy another fantastic book. Can't wait for Sawyer and Camryn!
karn
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Talk about take one to the edge and back again and well, the edge again, this book is it! I just knew it was going to end up a cliffhanger BUT it was NOT! Fantastic reading and cannot wait until book four!
Tracy Harris
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great read!!!

Kennedy Lane does it again that is why she is an auto buy for me!!! I hope she is for you too!!
Cynthia Kelley
Apr 19, 2020
Amy M
Jul 04, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Chasing the Knight (Stealth Ops: Echo Team #1)
  • Finding Her Chance (Stealth Ops, #4)
  • At Close Range (Ranger Ops, #1)
  • Finding the Fight (Stealth Ops, #3)
  • Maliki (Guardian Defenders #2)
  • Explosive Vengeance (Vengeance, #3)
  • Rescue (Second Chance #1)
  • The Wreck
  • Marked (Dark Protectors, #7)
  • Shadowed (Dark Protectors, #6)
  • Recovering Ivy (The Red Team #4; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Rescuing Erin (The Red Team #5; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Winter in Ireland (Montana Sweet Western Romance, #5)
  • Kyle (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Gold Team Book 3)
  • In Moonlight and Memories: Volume Three (In Moonlight and Memories, #3)
  • After Dead: What Came Next in the World of Sookie Stackhouse (Sookie Stackhouse, #13.5)
  • Demon's Mercy (Dark Protectors #9)
  • Cabin 1 (Steele Shadows Security #1)
Kennedy Layne is a USA Today bestselling author. She draws inspiration for her military romantic suspense novels in part from her not-so-secret second life as a wife of a retired Marine Master Sergeant. He doubles as her critique partner, beta reader, and military consultant. They live in the Midwest with their teenage son and menagerie of pets. The loyal dogs and mischievous cats appreciate her w ...more

Safeguard (6 books)
  • Brutal Obsession (Safeguard, #1)
  • Faithful Addiction (Safeguard #2)
  • Casual Impressions (Safeguard, #4)
  • Honest Intentions (Safeguard, #5)
  • Deadly Premonitions (Safeguard, #6)

News & Interviews