Start by marking “Isadora Moon. Primo giorno di scuola” as Want to Read:
Isadora Moon. Primo giorno di scuola

Isadora Moon. Primo giorno di scuola

(Isadora Moon #1)

Metà vampira, metà fata, semplicemente unica!

La mamma è una fata e il papà, invece, un vampiro. Lei è un po’ di tutti e due. Adora la notte, i pipistrelli e il suo tutù nero; ma ama altrettanto l’alba, le bacchette magiche e il suo Coniglietto Rosa.
Per Isadora è tempo di andare a scuola, ma non sa qual è quella giusta per lei: la scuola delle fate o la scuola dei vampiri?
Published February 14th 2017 by De Agostini (first published September 1st 2016)

Emily
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A bedtime read with my 3 year old, that she enjoyed to the point of acting it out all through our family holiday!

What a breath of fresh air Isadora Moon is to the 5-8 category. A great representation of the ability to be different while not compromising on 'girly-ness'. Isadora's stories are funny and charming, and the artwork inside is just beautiful.

Can't wait to check out the rest of the series!
Sophie
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
So adorable! A really fun little chapter book with cute/spooky pink and black illustrations. I could totally relate to Isadora as someone who also loves both cute things and spooky things... I'd definitely like to collect the rest of this series.
Kristy
So cute! Lucia enjoyed this *almost* as much as Franny k. Stein. Isadora's dad is a vampire and her mom is a fairy, which makes her half of both. She tries out vampire school and Fairy school but doesn't fit in either place. Where does she belong?!
Zoë Bledsoe
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How much I like it❤🧡💛💚💙💕💗💝💖💘enjoy my favorite part the BATS and VAMPIRES👍🏻😁🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤💕💕🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤 ...more
Suze Lavender
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Isadora Moon isn't like other children, she's half vampire, half fairy. Her dad is a vampire and Isadora loves flying at night and she likes bats. Her mother is a fairy and therefore Isadora also likes the day, spending time outside in the sunshine. She loves her pink rabbit and cute baby sister. It's time for Isadora to go to school, which school should she choose, a school for vampires or a school for fairies? Isadora goes to both vampire and fairy school to see which of the two she likes best ...more
Mom2triplets04
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Read this for #middlegrademay. It's an adorable story about Isadora who is half fairy and half vampire. Her mom is a fairy. Her dad is a vampire. The art work in this book is adorable done in black, white and pink. Isadora has to decide which school to attend. Her choices are Fairy school or vampire school. She learns different things about herself while choosing the between the two schools.
Wilde Sky
A young girl, who is half fairy and half vampire, has to decide where to go to school.

I found this a bit of an odd idea for a book and although it had many good points it didn’t captivate me.
Jiffy
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent beginning reader chapter book. My daughter and I both enjoyed it. Fun story with lots of super adorable illustrations. I’m surprised these books aren’t more popular.
JoAnne
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fantastic beginning chapter book that I read with my 6 year old daughter. She loved reading about the half-vampire/half-fairy and how Isadora learned that she doesn’t need to be full vampire or full fairy. The colors and illustrations in the book were spot on and my daughter is already begging me to find the other books in this series.
Sneha
Jun 25, 2017 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: c
Ah, what a good read. Indeed. Penned by my friend author, mum, illustrator, this book is for keeps if you have children and even if you don't. The tagline being- its okay to be different. Although some people, in their lives, prefer being ordinary while others try to fit into boxes, this book dispels the notion that we can try to fit in those boxes but find your own corner because life is about your joys, passion likes and dislikes and nobody can ever tell you what you should like or dislike.
Kid
Caroline Åsgård
I already loved this the first time I saw it. It's super cute, and spooky at the same time - just the way I like it! I didn't get it before I saw it on sale though, and I'm really glad I did!
The book looks very tiny, but it's bigger than I expected. It's a nicely sized hardback, with raised glittery parts on the cover.

Since this is the first book, we are introduced to Isadora Moon and her family for the first time. She's half vampire and half fairy - her father is a vampire, and her mother is a
Mackenzie Schley
Lower Level Juvenile Fiction Selection
Published September 2016

Isadora Moon is completely unique, being a half-vampire half-fairy girl. Her life is going perfectly when her parents decide that she needs to start going to a magic school, either Fairy School or Vampire School. She can’t decide on her own and so her parents decide she should try both. Isadora starts out at the very pink, cupcake shaped Fairy School, but things do not go well. She struggles to fit in and ends her day upset and thinki
Maura
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beginning Chapter Book
Age Range: 6-9

Summary
Isadora loves bats, her black tutu, and flying around the moon, but she also loves to have wild hair and play with Pink Rabbit. Isadora is half-fairy and half-vampire. She loves being a fairy and a vampire, but this year Isadora has to start school and must decide which school to attend. When she starts at Fairy School she can't get magic quite right, and they hate her black tutu, but when she tries to go to vampire school she can't fly like the other v
Barbara
Isadora Moon is a breath of fresh air, and she just might remind some readers that it's okay to be oneself and not choose one aspect of one's identity over another. The daughter of a fairy and a vampire, Isadora has a beloved stuffed toy that her mother had brought to life, and she thinks her world is pretty much perfect. Things change when her parents decide she must go to school, and to her parents' disappointment, she doesn't do well at fairy school or vampire school. As it turns out, Isadora ...more
Emilie
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-lit
Summary:
Isadora Moon Goes to School is an early chapter book aimed for kids somewhere between first and third grade. This book is about a little girl named Isadora who is half vampire and half fairy. Her parents said its time to go to school so she either has the option of vampire school or fairy school. She gives each school a try and realizes something special, she is not full vampire and she is not a full fairy...so she doesn't want to go to either school! Find out what happens at the end of
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Muncaster, Harriet Isadora Moon Goes to School (Book #1), 116 pages. Stepping Stone (Random House), 2016. $15. Language: G (o swears); Mature Content: G; Violence: G.

This is the story of Isadora –she is half vampire and half fairy. She has a quirky little side kick -a stuffed rabbit named Pink Rabbit (whom her mother bespelled to be alive). She loves her life and her family. But when it comes time to attend school –she is going to have to try both fairy school and vampire school in order to deci
Liz Clauder
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: work-ra
What a cute little chapter book! Publisher description:

Isadora Moon loves sunshine — and nighttime. She loves her magic wand — and her black tutu. She loves spooky bats — and Pink Rabbit. Isadora is half-fairy, half-vampire, and she’s special because she is different! Now Isadora’s parents want her to start school, but she’s not sure where she belongs — fairy school or vampire school?

I love this character - she likes opposing things and isn't all the way either one. She tries to see where she fi
Serenity
*I received a free review copy of this book from the publisher through my district library services*

This is a very cute beginning chapter book. I look forward to adding it to my collection. Isadora is a pretty sweet little girl (well, fairy vampire) who loves her parents and her best buddy Pink Rabbit. When her parents decide it's time for her to go to school, she tries out both fairy school and vampire school. She is humbled a bit when she learns she is not the best at many of the tasks she tho
Hannah Kelly
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 5 year old daughter read this book to me. Lovely story with great illustrations. An easy and fun read with a few words that I thought would cause my daughter problems but to my surprise she nailed them.
My daughter couldn’t wait to read more each day, she even said when we finished the book that we needed to go any buy the next book. The story was great and had a lesson that Isadora learnt. Who wouldn’t love a story about a girl who is half fairy, half vampire?!
We loved how well our daughter
WriteTheVision
I think this is a generous 2 stars, and more accurately a one and a half at most. I didn't care for the writing in this early chapter book, and the story itself was bland. Plus the illustrations were ugly. Yeah, I said it: That little vampire fairy is ugly. But in my quest to constantly discover good reading material for my students, I am pretty open to reading almost anything that might possibly garner their interest. I'm still unsure as to whether I will actually introduce my students to this ...more
Ruth Ann
Cute chapter book about a little girl who is half fairy, half vampire and isn’t sure which school she should go to. She tries both and doesn’t fit in either. When she talks to kids walking to regular school and notices each one is different, she realizes their school is perfect for her.
I truly don't like the way Isadora's parents are portrayed - as clueless and rather out-of-it? While they promote Isadora making her own decision about school, the child is only five or six and they don't offer he
Sheila
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Isadora Moon is half-fairy, half-vampire and now it is time to go to school. She has to decide which school she wants to attend. She tries both fairy school and vampire school but neither is a good fit. So she is in a dilemma. Where does she go to school?

I enjoyed Isadora. I especially liked her sidekick, Pink Rabbit. Isadora knows who she is and when she meets the human kids going home from their school she realizes that she is like all of them--different. She realizes different isn't bad. It's
Teresa Edmunds
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: early-chapter
Isadora Moon is half vampire and half fairy. It is time for her to start school, but which school should she go to? Vampire school or Fairy school? She tries both and just doesn't fit in. What is she supposed to do? In the end she finds the perfect solution. This story is cute and there are some funny moments. My only disappointment is that the "you're different so you don't fit in" theme is a bit stereotypical. Overall, a nice new series.
Brandy
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ashley
Very cute, perfect for kids who like cute AND spooky stuff and sometimes feel torn between the two. Also could be great for kids who have parents from different cultures and feel like they aren't enough of one or the other to be pigeonholed. Bit of a cop-out to have her go to a human school in the end as far as those deep questions of identity go, but a nice resolution to the story for human children to read anyway!
Read  Ribbet
New series of a relatively easy chapter book featuring a man character that is part fairy and part vampire. This first book in the series focuses on what school Isadora should attend-- one for fairies or one for vampires? The experiences remind readers that finding the right fit is always important. It's an enjoyable easy read with appeal for some transitional readers moving into chapter books.
Katie Dicesare
I love Isadora! This series is perfect for 2 and 3rd grade. It has just enough picture support and the text length is a great for transitional readers. It will really have 7 and 8 year olds asking questions and enjoying a story that they can relate to.
Maggie Ignasiak
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-reader
I read this as an ARC from the Erie County Public Library. I really enjoyed it! It's a great early chapter book, good for fans of Princess in Black. It has a few elements similar to Pinkalicious (yay!). Eight year old me would have swallowed this book whole.
Miss Amanda
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-gr-2-4
gr 1-3 116pgs

Isadora Moon is half vampire and half fairy. When it is time to start school, her mom thinks she should go to fairy school; while her dad thinks she should go to vampire school. After trying both, Isadora must pick one, or does she?

Great story about being yourself!!
Ann Haefele
Loved this beginning chapter book about a little girl who is half fairy and half vampire. Children will laugh at her mishaps but sympathize with her inadequate feelings of being different. Kids can continue to read about Isadora in other books in the series.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Zodiac Starforce Volume 2: Cries of the Fire Prince
  • Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman Vol. 2
  • Grilled Cheese and Dragons (Princess Pulverizer #1)
  • Scary Godmother: Omnibus
  • The Infamous Ratsos (The Infamous Ratsos, #1)
  • Mae and June and the Wonder Wheel
  • Witch Wars
  • Power to the Princess: 15 Favorite Fairytales Retold with Girl Power
  • Batgirl, Volume 2: Son of Penguin
  • DC Super Hero Girls Vol. 1: Finals Crisis
  • Fall Leaves
  • Ghoulia (Book 1)
  • Ms. Marvel Omnibus, Vol. 1
  • Nate Expectations (Better Nate Than Ever, #3)
  • Dragons and Marshmallows (Zoey and Sassafras, #1)
  • In Plain Sight
  • Juana & Lucas
  • Dorrie's Magic (Dorrie the Little Witch, #1)
Harriet Muncaster studied illustration at Norwich University College of the Arts before going on to get an MA in children’s book illustration at the Cambridge School of Art. In creating the art for her first book for children, she was thrilled to have found a good outlet for her lifelong fascination with miniatures. She lives in Hertfordshire, England.

Isadora Moon (4 books)
  • Isadora Moon Goes to the Ballet (Isadora Moon, #2)
  • Isadora Moon Goes Camping (Isadora Moon, #3)
  • Isadora Moon Has a Birthday (Isadora Moon, #4)