Start by marking “Escape (Lake of Sins, #1)” as Want to Read:
Escape (Lake of Sins, #1)

Escape

(Lake of Sins #1)

Lake of Sins: Escape is Lord of the Rings meets The Island of Dr. Moreau except Dr. Moreau’s creations hunt and eat the Hobbits.

On earth in the near future, all animals over twenty pounds are extinct and humans are not entirely human.

This new world is segregated by classes and for a Producer—the lowest class whose purpose is to produce all the food for the other classes—
Published December 26th 2014 by LSODea

To ask other readers questions about Escape, please sign up.
L.S. O'Dea Hmm, I find stuffing my books into one specific genre difficult. There are some aspects of the "thriller" genre in LOS Escape. There is definitely…moreHmm, I find stuffing my books into one specific genre difficult. There are some aspects of the "thriller" genre in LOS Escape. There is definitely suspense and surprise, but since it takes place in a world other than our own, it is also fantasy (perhaps light science fiction). I could also characterize it as action/adventure because there is action as you've seen and since Trinity is a teenager then it also fits into young adult.

I'm glad that you liked the book. Most people like the second one in the series better. It takes off right from where book 1 stopped. I'll have the third one done soon (I'm in the final review phase).

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me or contact me through goodreads.

Thanks for reading, reviewing and rating.
L. S. O'Dea(less)

Start your review of Escape (Lake of Sins, #1)
Archit Ojha
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Couldn't put it down!

Do you remember the kid who was bullied too much in school?
Nobody wants him around.
He is bearing pains he has no idea why that are bestowed upon him.
But fate/destiny has chosen to play a bit with him and make him a hero!

Sounds like Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Ender's Game and Lord of The Rings, ain't it?

Lake of sins Escape is a book chock-full of adventure!

Trinity, the protagonist, who has no clue about her species, why and how they came to existence, why she has to
Pooja
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, owns, 100-pages
A super page turner.

Lake of Sins : Escape is one of the best fantasy books I read this year.

Trinity, a teenage girl doesn't know about her kind. Humans are extinct and their places have been occupied by Producers. Someone who are going to be really really bad. There is a Harvest List that contains fine and healthy creatures. They are shifted into another part to breed.

Trinity has unique qualities which differ from the standard protocols. She's certain that she won't be chosen. But she needs to
L.S. O'Dea
Let me start by being clear that I am the author of this book, so this review is biased. I mean, honestly, I'm going to give myself five stars.

What I wanted to do with this review is expound on why I made some of the decisions that I did when writing this book.

I had reworked this novel many times on advice from different agents. "Start at the action." "We need more backstory." “Trinity is whiny.” "We need to know the world." Well, it seems, that at least for this story, I could not do all of
Esme
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
read for spfbo5 - review to come later
David Baird
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve previously read Rise of the River-Man: Mutter’s Story and was instantly interesting in the world the author had created. The population has been drastically lowered after great death hits the planet and of those that have survived.. They aren’t really human anymore. There’s a hierarchy.. and for producers this isn’t a good thing.. They are the lowest of the low

This tale follows Trinity, she wants to know what happens to producers when they are taken from her camp and after an altercation
Ana
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Throughout Lake of Sins, we accompany Trinity as she meets many different characters in a quest originated by her innate curiosity - something that is not appreciated in her post-apocalyptic world, where the inhabitants are no longer human following a Terrible Sickness and death of humankind, as well as many animals. The current races are divided by classes, each very different from each other and with its own purpose.

Trinity lives amongst the Producers, although her father is House Servant,
Sue
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia
I received a free copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Lake Of Sins: Escape by LS O’Dea is an interesting post apocalyptic/dystopian story. The people now living in the world are humanoid with animalistic tendencies and there are different classes with each one having a specific purpose. I really liked Trinity, the main protagonist, who is a very strong female lead character, but I also liked the characters of Mira and Gar. On the other hand, the characters of Troy and Clarabelle
E.L. Ervin
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites-ya, 5-stars
Lake of Sins: Escape, is a very exciting and intriguing YA Science Fiction novel that can easily pull a reader into its pages, much like how the River-Man can pull creatures into the depths of water. This read is interesting and I have to admit that I’ve never read anything like it before. Yet, it kept me enthralled until the very last sentence. Alas, the novel came to an end and I found myself wishing that the second novel was out already so that I could continue on in the adventures of the ...more
siobhan Quinlan
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book in exchange for a honest review from Readers Favorites
Lake Of Sins: Escape by L. S. O'Dea is book one in the Lake of Sins series. In this book we meet Trinity, a 16 year old producer, living in a camp but not for long. The harvest list is coming and Trinity will be moved from the camp when this happens. Trinity decides to leave the camp and find out what happens to those taken before her and return to tell everyone where they go.

In Lake of Sins: Escape by L.S O`Dea we are
Stephanie
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Escape is the first novel in the Lake of Sins series by L.S. O'Dea. This novel is beyond unique and is far from another dystopian novel I have had the privilege of reading. Being in a league of it's own, this novel has excellent writing and character development. The entire storyline is fascinating and frightening at the same time. The world created by O'Dea is absolutely one of a kind and is one you would not want to find yourself being a part of.
Each character we are introduced to plays an
Sunshine✰✰✰
I found it very dark and quite disturbing in some spots. Trinity did not come off as a very likely heroine. She rebelled against her lot in life, sure I get that, but she seemed so clueless to the obvious and made more trouble than she had answers. I have no interest to read the rest of the series.
Lana
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this young adult dystopian novel, the first in the series! The world is divided into classes of people/creatures with the almighty being the topmost class and the rest all below these and serving different purposes in this horrible segregated and unequal society. There were almighties, avians, guards, trackers, handlers, house servants and producers and many different species of predators. Trinity the heroine of this book is part producer ie the lowest of the low as a ...more
Emma Louise
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Downloaded this as a free read from amazon. I ended up reading the whole thing during a coach trip and couldn’t put it down. I like the fantasy world the author has created and I like that it isn’t your typical story.
Linda Romer
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviews
What an imaginative read. I loved Escape! Great story with great characters. This fast paced read will have you wanting more. I can't wait to read book 2. Trinity was amazing and I could actually feel her energy. Trinity is strong and courageous and I love her character.

I give Escape 5 stars for its exciting read.
I would recommend this book to everyone.
Loula L. Gregg
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The characters are engaging, and the plot twists and turns.
Netanella
"Escape" by L.S. O'Dea is a dark science fantasy that blends thriller, young adult, action, horror, and liberal doses of "The Island of Dr. Moreau" throughout. The author creates a unique world of the distant future, a world where most of living creatures were wiped out by a terrible disease, and large animals became extinct. Into this strange new world emerged (or survived) distinct classes, based primarily upon their job junction: the Almightys, the most human-like at the top of the food ...more
Mandy Parmenter
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
On Earth in the future all animals over a weight of 20 pounds are extinct and humans are not completely human. The population are segregated by class and the lowest class (a Producer) has the job of producing food for all of the other classes with the ultimate being making something called the Harvest List. Producer Trinity knows she won't be chosen to stay and breed as she has some hidden differences to the others due to being a mixed breed - namely claws, fangs and the ability to see in the ...more
Nicole
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trinity is sure to be a "harvest lister" this year in L.S. O'Dea's "Lake of Sins- Escape". Before she is put on the list and taken to places unknown she wants to search for those that have been taken before. Following an incident with some bullying peers, she escapes her camp and goes in search of where the harvest listers are taken. While on her search she encounters numerous creatures and beings that have only been whispered about.. Trinity is such a kind hearted soul that these creatures can ...more
Heidi Karriker
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark, gritty and wonderful

It started out a bit slow but quickly picked up the pace. This is a post apocalyptic mutation type story that is filled with humanoid type creatures in a caste system by race that emerged after "the great death".

Trinity is a teenage outcast who is an illegal byproduct of the inner spices relationship but hides herself as that of her mother, a producer. Since she is not an ideal specimen of producer, a bit too small and too odd, she knows she is doomed to the ominous
Herman
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Strange book not sure what to say enjoyed the post-apocalyptic world something like Brave New World meets Island of Dr. Moreau. The main character Trinity, a likable cat-like girl is finding her way through a world of danger,deceit, and secrets. Watching her change and developed as a character is the most enjoyable part of the book. Usually I'm appreciative of authors who think the reader is intelligent enough to figure out plot lines without having to have them detailed out so clearly. ...more
Julia Damatto
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lake of Sins: Escape starts with a lot of information,characters and slow-paced, luckily we have a list in the back for quick references and related with the pace in a couple of chapters later, the story begins to develop and there's no turning back. Wow. The Author sure have imagination, the plot is original, she presents a dystopian/apocalyptic type of world that I have never read before. The humanoids and "animalistic" characters are portrayed so good, the main character, Trinity is really ...more
Rishit
Aug 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Got this book from the author to Review.
The story's about Trinity, a sixteen year old young producer, who lives in a world where class distinction means the difference between imprisonment and freedom.
It was a very average read. I particularly hate politics and things related to it so maybe that's why I liked this book less than its worthy of. But I read it by heart and felt it to be very average.
I would have given it 2 stars but gave it 3 as a little improvement may be there in the later parts
Stephanie
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, 5-star
This is a very interesting story. I can't wait to read more about Trinity. There are a few words that do not seem to make sense for the context they are used. It is reminiscent of an auto-correct change.

*I have updated from a four star to a five star. Linda did what I wish more authors would do. She asked what her reader found incorrect. Then she corrected the error.

This a fantastic start to, what's sure to be a enthralling new series.
Teresa Jonsson
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth the read

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.
It is a good book. Bit hard to get into at first. But once you get into the storyline...yo u don't want to put it down. You feel sorry for the main character and her friends/family. You want to punch clarabella and Randy. And hope they get eaten instead of her mom. And you instantly want to read the next book.
Valadia
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible!!

The only problem is, it ended. It needs to continue. It grabs you and won't let you go. It is one heck of a ride, I just wish it have to end. I seriously hope that she has more books like this. Fantastic author!
Shoulanda August
Intriguing...

I was curious about this lake of sins. I found it to be a very detailed and accurate descriptions of another world. I loved Trinity and her courage to find out the truth. She wanted the knowledge of what happened to her kind..producers.
Kathy Harrington
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, more-to-series
Now this is a really different on dystopian. It is filled with myths that turn out to be truths. Trinity is special, but how we don't really understand yet. I'm hoping we find out in further installments.
Shantelle Hazelton
Great book!

Right away I was sucked into this new world. I read it in one day. I couldn’t put it down and can’t wait to continue onto the next book to see what happens!
OldBird
Lake of Sins: Escape is claustrophobic young adult post-apocalypse dystopian novel with creepy undertones. Genetic engineering and morality are big themes alongside the usual teenage angst and the need to find a place in the world. Even if it's a strange, messed up one like this.

Trinity is a Producer... sort of. Producers are a type of people who, as some of the lowest in society, work the land to produce food for the higher ups. They are tall, strong, stocky, dark... In fact, they're a lot of
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Giving Away a Kindle Paperwhite 1 2 Apr 10, 2017 10:49AM
WIN Autographed Copies of Lake Of Sins Escape and Secrets In Blood 1 1 Dec 12, 2016 05:04PM
WIN Autographed Copies of Lake Of Sins Escape and Secrets In Blood 1 1 Dec 12, 2016 05:02PM
FREE BOOKS 1 1 Oct 03, 2016 05:13PM
Autographed Copy 1 1 Nov 05, 2015 10:17AM
Sequel 1 1 Mar 30, 2015 07:14PM

• The Keeper's Legacy (The Keepers #1)
  • The Light of Supremazia ([after]life Lessons #1)
  • Arrival of the Traveler (Waldgrave #1)
  • The Aura (Kate Benedict, #1)
  • Witch's Bell 1 (Witch's Bell #1)
  • Teen Fury: Unleashed
  • Moonburner (Moonburner Cycle, #1)
  • The Mind's Eye
  • The Glow of the Dragon's Heart (Harem of Fire, #0.5)
  • Blood of Heirs (The Coraidic Sagas #1)
  • Extreme Medical Services (Extreme Medical Services #1)
  • Birthright (Birthright #1)
  • Forager (Forager #1)
  • Chimera Chronicles: Volumes One - Five
  • Bound by a Dragon (The Dragon Archives, #1)
  • A New Keeper (The Secret Library, #1)
  • Dark Siren (Dark Siren, #1)
  • Arianna Rose Boxed Set (Parts 1-3)
Enter for a chance to win a Kindle Paperwhite - delivered right to you door!

This contest will be going on from today (4/10) through 5/5 and it's a viral contest so the more you share with friends who enter the more chances to win YOU get!

Get your FREE copy of Lake of Sins: Escape and Lake of Sins: Secrets in Blood.

You can get Lake of Sins: Escape FREE on any

Lake of Sins (5 books)
  • Secrets in Blood (Lake of Sins, #2)
  • Hangman's Army (Lake of Sins, #3)
  • Betrayed (Lake Of Sins, #4)
  • Whispers From the Past (Lake of Sins #5)