Start by marking “Red Zone (Daniels Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Red Zone (Daniels Brothers, #2)

Red Zone

(Daniels Brothers #2)

The only thing Rebecca Carson ever wanted to do was join the FBI. Now, that was in danger because of a situation, of which she’d had little control. So when her ex-partner and mentor, Travis Hansen, calls and offers her an opportunity to help him with a job, she jumps at the chance.

Gage Daniels has made a pretty good life for himself. As a professional football player, all
Published February 1st 2017 (first published February 6th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Red Zone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Zone

Karla
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

4 Fun, Sexy Stars!!

Enjoy my joint review with Steffi posted at Swept Away By Romance

What worked
Karla:

An enjoyable, well done plot; it was fairly believable (I’ll address that comment in the next category), and although the stalker was fairly easy to figure out, it was still suspenseful!!
I enjoyed seeing the tables turned, Rebecca was the protector and Gage was the one being stalked. Girl power!
Gage and Rebecca falling for each other. I could see it happening and loved how the author gave us th
Professional footballer Gage Daniels has a bit of a reputation as a ladies man, he works hard but plays hard too and when beautiful women are constantly throwing themselves at him he isn't about to say no. He has had a stalker for months but he never really thought much of it until they changed the game plan and started acting on their threats. Now his football team owner has decided enough is enough and has hired a PI to protect Gage and track down the stalker. Rebecca is an FBI Agent but after ...more
Michele Realitybitesblog
4.5 Heart Review

After reading Behind Closed Doors (Daniels Brothers), I was in love with the Daniels brothers and couldn’t wait to read Gage’s story. Sherri did not disappoint!

Hot shot quarterback Gage Daniels doesn’t have to want for anything. Money…..got it. Women…..has em’. Family…..yep. Sexy body…..HELL YEAH!! But he does have one big problem. A psycho stalker is on his tail and he has no idea who or why.

Suspended after a bad case, FBI Agent Rebecca Carson is going out of her mind at home do
Kellie Maddox-Ward
THE STORY

Gage Daniels is a star Quarterback.
He leads a great life.
He’s great at what he does
The ladies love him.
Unfortunately, someone loves him too much.
He has a stalker.
It started out harmless…
It is now turned serious…

Rebecca Carson is an FBI agent on administrative leave, after her last case went bad.
She loves being an Agent.
It’s what she is good at with the great ability to turn off her emotions to get the job done.
The only person she loves is her sister Megan. She has seen love rip
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Review also posted at Under The Covers Book Blog

Ms. Hayes knocked this out the ballpark and beyond my expectations.” ~Under the Covers

Red Zone is the second installment if the Daniels Brothers series and it’s even better than the first. It is without a doubt more suspenseful, the romance is stronger, definitely hotter, and the
mystery kept me guessing. Ms. Hayes knocked this out the ballpark and beyond my expectations.

Second brother to the Daniel Brother series, Gage is the long awaited, bro, t
Sunny
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, team-sports-fan
Red Zone is Book 2 in the Daniel Brothers series by Sherri Hayes. This story is a step above most sports romances. It is a cross-genre book where it appeals to both sports romance readers as well as romantic suspense. I enjoyed the build up of the suspense and particularly liked the evolution of the relationship.

The critique I have for this book is the same one I have for most sports-related stories:

1. Is it relevant that the character is a professional athlete? If the main characters was in a
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, romance
This is such a refreshing new story that quickly grabbed my attention and kept me turning the pages. I don’t want to give anything away, but I will say there is action, suspense, a bit of mystery, and of course love. This is a great book.
Jess
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: B

Gage Daniels is a pro football player who loves his social life and hanging out with his friends. He starts getting anonymous letters and pictures in the mail and his team owner wants him protected. Gage doesn’t take the pictures seriously, but what he doesn’t know is explosives were found on his car and his owner doesn’t want to take any chances. He calls his friend for help, who in turns asks his ex-partner Rebecca, who is currently on lea
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
What do does a FBI agent and a star quarterback have in common? Nothing. Yet sparks fly when Agent Rebecca Carson is assigned to protect Gage Daniels. This is a very sweet romantic suspense which will have romantic readers smiling while reading the book. It is very enjoyable and the characters are definitely engaging. Definitely a 3.5 star book!

Rebecca is a reserved and by the book woman. Her childhood shaped her to be the relationship adverse woman she is today. Gage is a cocky party guy from a
Pamela
Nov 29, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Hero, a professional football player, is being stalked and management of his team insists that he have a full time bodyguard until the stalker is identified.

The Heroine, a FBI agent on administrative leave, is bored out of her mind, so she agrees to help her ex-partner (now PI) by posing as the Hero's girlfriend and protecting him against the stalker.

The interaction between the H/h is somewhat in the theme of Alpha male meets strong, independent professional woman. But something was lacking
Jennifer Pedroza
Yes...I know the author...so knowing that I might be biased can give you pause....BUT....keep reading.

This book...well this series is just my very favorite type of books. Gage is just a dream come true. He is hot, sweet, loyal, loving (oh sooo loving). Seriously, you just love him from the very beginning. Rebecca is great to as she works hard to solve his mystery. This is an action packed, fast-read. You will not be able to put this down.

The Daniels brothers are right there on the top of my lis
Ellelou
Dec 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

Gage Daniels is a pro football player, good looking, with a reputation of a ladies man. He's been receiving letters from a stalker and the owner of his club felt the need to call a favour from one of his old friends Travis Hansen, a retired FBI agent, who incidentally used to be Rebecca's ex-partner.

Rebecca Carson is a straight laced FBI agent, single and devoted to her job. She's been on leave from her job after her last assignment went wrong. Not used to hanging around and doing noth
Chris- Bookaddict
I received this as a ARC to review ..

Just like the first book it pulled me right in from the beginning and kept me turning the pages till the end . I will say this it seems that Sherri is a little like KA in regards to we had the main characters from the first book in this series in the second one , which I will say was kinda cool.

After a case ended badly for Rebecca Carson, she’s losing her mind sitting around her apartment waiting on her superiors to allow her to return to work. Since she was
Janet Juengling-Snell
I was excited when I read the preview of Red Zone by Sherri Hayes, why you may ask, well, how many times I have read the same typical storyline, female in trouble, male agent come along to protect her….. You get my point.

How refreshingly different to see the tables turned, Gage Daniels, star quarterback has a stalker. He thinks it’s harmless, but what he doesn’t know, that explosives were found on his car. Now the owner of the football team calls in a favor, wanting protection for his quarterbac
Jenn Scranton
Jan 31, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Darn you GoodReads! When will you add the 1/2 star!

Red Zone falls right in between a 3 star and a 4 star. It was good, but it just wasn't quite there. Often times, it reminded me of a Rachel Gibson novel, which is a good thing!

Awkward sexual tension with a person that you should NOT be sexual with... and then there's sharing living quarters with said person... I LOVE IT.

I love that name Gage.... Just saying.

He really had a lot of layers. Which is funny because Rebecca pretty much had 3 modes.
Kim
Nov 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot Football Star meets FBI Agent!

Gage Daniels...Pro football Quarterback. Hot. Sexy. Charming. Cocky. Confident. Ladies Man. Unhappy about being an Underwear Model.

Rebecca Carson...FBI agent. Buttoned up. Closed off. Scared of commitment. Miss "I Can't Let Loose for 5 Minutes."

He'd never met someone who was so buttoned up. Yet, sometimes, when he'd push her just a little too far, he'd see a fire in her eyes. He wanted to tap that fire.

For some reason, Daniels seemed to push her buttons. When h
CeCe
Nov 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, read-2013, romance, sports
This story is told through both POVs which I really liked. I really liked Gage. I thought he was a good person who loved his family and was a stand-up guy, who was also a hot, professional football player. I have a love for contemporary romances with hot sport players.

I liked Rebecca but then she got on my nerves a little. At first, I understood Rebecca’s reasoning for not wanting to start a relationship with Gage, but then it got a little silly and when she finally realized that she should giv
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
For this review and more Live Read and Breathe

Well I was given the chance to read and ARC of this book and was so excited for two reasons.
1) It was written by Sherri Hayes whom I love her writing especially the Finding Anna Series and
2) It is a sports romance *sigh* I am a sucker for that genre. Sweaty, sexy athletes whom find love mmmm.

This is the second book in a series. The first book was Behind Closed Doors (The Daniels Brothers). In this book you get to meet the Daniel family with a quick
Cindy ~
Nov 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again the author has written characters that you come to care for throughout the story. At this point I am wishing it was a family of ten boys instead of four.

We didn’t get to see a lot of Gage in the first book since he is a professional football player, so going in I didn’t know as much about him as I did Paul and Trent. But it wasn’t long with his sense of humor and sexy flirty ways I was entranced.

One of the things I really like about this series is the sense of family. In this book w
Donna
Nov 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romantic suspense. This the second Daniels Brothers story can be read as a stand-alone. I enjoyed this one even more than the first.

Gage Daniels is a professional football player. He has been getting pictures from a stalker and his boss wants him protected. Enter FBI Agent Rebecca Carson. Rebecca is on administrative leave after a case went down badly. She is going stir crazy so when her former mentor (now in the private sector) offers her a job she jumps at the chance. Gage is nothing like her
Ann
3.5 stars. Again, good enough to make me want to read the next one, but not great. I'm a sucker for a family romance and with 2 brothers to go, I can't beleive myself but I'll read on. I keep wanting these to be better. The HEA ending here was too abrupt (and rather unbelievable) and all fit ever so neatly in a box of uh, huh, yea, sure.
MsRomanticReads
Review can also be found on my blog.

As soon as I read the blurb, I was hooked. The idea of a hunky, hotshot football player and a female FBI agent is exactly the kind of romantic suspense I love to read about. I imagined two very attractive, very fit characters with off the charts stamina, the hero would be confident and cocky, and the heroine would be sexy, confident and she would be able his equal. The plot wasn’t bad; it had all the elements for some humorous conflict between the MCs as well
Getter
2,5 out of 5. Better than the first book. The set up for the 3rd book though?! Saw it coming, loved it. So I guess the series does an excellent job at hyping up itself. Like, you finish a book, don't love it, but you are eager for the next book anyway!

PS: I sort of wished they prolonged the tension between the two main characters longer. More tension, more rewarding climax. Pun intended.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
RED ZONE sucked me in, hook, line and sinker! The story was chocked full of sexy elements I love.

✔ The hero is a hottie jock who’s a wanted man, but he’s happy being a playboy
✔ Super-strong heroine who can kick any man’s ass and look damn fine doing it – what did you expect, she’s FBI bitches!
✔ Okay… *screech* She needs a makeover THEN she looks damn fine ;-)
✔ Yes, there’s a beauty hidden under all those frumpy clothes
✔ The story’s got great sexy humor
✔ There’s a whole gaggle of hotties in th
Sassafrass
*4.5 Stars*

Sherri Hayes’ new book, RED ZONE, is romantic suspense at its best. The story was intriguing and the chemistry between the main characters was so palpable, I was getting hot under the collar.

Gage Daniels has a pretty good life. He’s a professional football player at the height of his career, he has his pick of willing women at any given time, and he’s got a great house. So imagine his irritation when he starts getting threatening letters and photographs from an apparent stalker. He i
Daisy Sloan

Gage is a t HOT football star. He’s good-looking, his star is rising, and he’s a confirmed bachelor.

Rebecca is the stereotypical FBI Government agent. She’s reserved, dresses conservatively and doesn’t do flashy.

So, how in the world is she going to pretend to be Gage’s girlfriend in order to protect him from a stalker?

One Touch….
One Kiss…
One Family Reunion….

She’s lost…and so is he…

Gage has a great sense of humor. When he gets stuck with the stuffy FBI agent as his pretend girlfriend, he decide
Amanda (Hootie) Clark
I saw this book on Netgalley a few days ago and decided to give it a try. The story sounded interesting and steamy and you can't go wrong there.

It begins with an FBI agent, Rebecca Carson who has been sidelined due to another case that affected her. Instead of staying at home by herself going stir crazy she takes her partner up on an assignment that just might drive her crazy in more than one way (KNOW WHAT I MEAN?) *wink wink*

When she meets Gage Daniels, the sexy football star she is sent to
Christi Snow
Nov 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Review:
*happy sigh* I do love reading sports themed books. There's just something about an athletic alpha hero that just does it for me...and Gage is a good one.

Gage has been playing in the NFL, both on and off the field for ten years. He is VERY MUCH a player....no serious relationships for him, EVER. He doesn't even date, so when Rebecca has to pose as his girlfriend, it's a stretch. He never has a girl hanging around, but he finds that he likes it.

Rebecca is the polar opposite of any girl
Talk Supe
Feb 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Braine's Talk Supe review

There are things that I wish were more fleshed out. The setting is in Nashville and I wish Hayes gave me more of Music City like mention key landmarks and such. Another thing is We call our FBI TBI (Tennessee Bureau of Investigation) here and I know I'm being nitpicky but this supposedly happened in my backyard so pardon me for wanting it to be authentic. Lastly the ending was a little too convenient to tie up the HEA in a cute little bow. That was a little unbelievable

• Down by Contact (Seattle Lumberjacks, #3)
  • Scored
  • Last Call
  • Double Coverage
  • Making Him Sweat (Wilinski's, #1) (Harlequin Blaze #740)
  • Covert Seduction
  • My Brother's Keeper
  • The Winning Season (Feeling the Heat, #2)
  • Out of Left Field (Deadlines & Diamonds, #3)
  • Shattered (Extreme Risk, #2)
  • Once a Brat (Kinky Cupid, #1)
  • Undefeated (Bomb Squad, #2)
  • Off Her Game (Texas Highlanders Ice Hockey, #1)
  • The Game of Love
  • Should've Known Better (Storm, #1)
  • Apple Polisher (Rear Entrance Video #1)
  • Mistletoe Magic
  • The Reluctant Countess
Sherri spent most of her childhood detesting English class. It was one of her least favorite subjects because she never seemed to fit into the standard mold. She wasn't good at spelling, or following grammar rules, and outlines made her head spin. For that reason, Sherri never imagined becoming an author.
At the age of thirty, all of that changed. After getting frustrated with the direction a telev

Daniels Brothers (4 books)
  • Behind Closed Doors (Daniels Brothers, #1)
  • Crossing the Line (Daniels Brothers, #3)
  • What Might Have Been (Daniels Brothers, #4)
“Gage and Rebecca finally succumb to one another and I never get tired of him calling her "beautiful"...

He sat up, noticing her distress. “If you don’t want to—”
“No. I mean, yes. I do. Want to.”
“Are you sure?” he asked, brushing the hair away from her face and looking into her eyes.
She nodded. No matter what had happened in his past, Rebecca knew she wanted this, wanted him. She reached out, running a hand down his chest and lower.
He smiled, jerking his hips up into her hand.
He pulled her down, her mouth to his as he rekindled that fire deep inside. For some reason, it grew faster than it had before. She gripped his shoulders, holding on, ready to embrace whatever came next.
He roamed his hands all over her body. Sometimes they were soft and gentle, at other times strong and passionate. She gasped and all thought left her mind as his fingers disappeared between her legs.
“Are you ready, beautiful?” he whispered against her lips. She nodded, and he slid inside her.”
3 likes