Start by marking “The Best Medicine (Dilbury Village #3)” as Want to Read:
The Best Medicine (Dilbury Village #3)

The Best Medicine

(Dilbury Village #3)

A laugh-out-loud novel from Charlotte Fallowfield, whose books have hit the Amazon #1 bestseller charts internationally for Contemporary Romance, Romantic Comedy, and Humour.

Despite being a successful author of risqué romance novels, Charlie Faulkner had yet to star in her own love story. Drowning her sorrows in takeaway pizza, and at risk of getting wedged in her favourit
Kindle Edition, 1
Published February 28th 2018 by Charlotte Fallowfield

To ask other readers questions about The Best Medicine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Medicine

*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

”Sometimes great love starts with friendship, Charlie. We all dream of that instant, all-consuming need and passion for someone, and to have that returned, but it’s rare to find that and have it last a lifetime. When the passion fades, great friendship is what will see you through the rest of your years.”

I can’t get enough of the ”Dilbury Village” series. My hope is that Ms. Fallowfield will continue to write about this charming and quaint
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

So, how do you write such realistic and steamy sex scenes? I started one of your books as soon as I heard you’d moved in, and I have to say, that first steamy scene, with the dirty-mouthed Frenchman, nearly necessitated a trip to accident and emergency for the fitting of a pacemaker. I haven’t had such a vivid and exciting dream in a long time.

Don’t underestimate her… She looks like butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth, but underneath that sweet granny exterior she likes to portray
ItaPixie
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

This author easily became one of my favorite for the rom-com genre and I eagerly await every book of this series.

Charlie,our heroine, is an erotica author new to the Dilbury village. She is a workhaolic, accident prone and a love beyond measure for pizza.
I liked how the girls we met in the previous books accepted Charlie as one of them instantly,their dynamics made me smile more than once.

I recommend to go in this blindly to savour this story to the fullest.

Copy kindly provided by the Publish

Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As always Charlotte Fallowfield has made me howl with laughter and had me reaching for tissues to wipe away the tears streaming out of my eyes from the amount of laughter!

I’m always super excited when I see an ARC from Charlotte land on my kindle because I know without a doubt that something outrageously funny is going to go down in said book and The Best Medicine was no different. I literally had to stop reading to get myself together. The medical mishaps that Charlie experienced is down right
Charlotte Fallowfield
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Book three in the Dilbury Village series is very close to my heart - focussing on Charlie Faulkner's story, this one is full of medical mishaps, all of which have happened to me personally. I kid you not. It's easy with the benefit of hindsight to see the humour in these situations, while some, at the time, weren't funny at all. I hope that you'll enjoy this latest instalment as much as I did writing it. This little English village, and its inhabitants, has already wormed its way into my heart. ...more
Antonella
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fav-cover
This is more of a situation of;

It is fun, light, chick lit.
Not my favorite in the series.

And considering I loved Abbie story, book one, this is huge let down. Maybe is mood I'm in and I dragged my feet to read this. I usually have that feeling if I can't get into a story and stall the reading I 'm not loving it, well then I'm not loving it. I didn't care much about main characters. Charlie is nice and fun and accident prune writer. Sure her injuries and all the hospital visit were entertainin
Claire Robinson
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
3 - "Open your eyes..." Stars.
April
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ARC received for an honest review.
Another manic book rambling brought to you by April.
Read & Share Book Reviews.

5 'British Chocolate Starfish' Stars

Oooo it was soooo perfect *swooooon*

"Welcome to Dilbury, where life is never dull." Hell, ain't that the god's honest truth LOLOLOL! I am soooo excited to be back in my favourite quaint British countryside village! I love Dilbury!! Love it! Love it! Love it! I can always count on a good time when anything Dilbury related is mentioned. Over the
Paula White
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I was provided with an ARC by the author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

Charlie, Charlie, Charlie - how I was shouting at you for not seeing what was right in front of your face rather than be blinded by the white coat! When she had her lightbulb moment I gave a huge sigh of relief...now she just had to get her HEA - and I am happy to say she did!

The humour in these books always make me smile and Charlie is so accident prone, it will certainly make you chuckle.

All the characters f
Lady Living  In Bookland
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As with every book in the series, prepare to cry tears of laughter with this incredible story following one of its well known characters of the series so far...Charlie Faulkner.

Charlie, an accident-prone, crazy-cat-owner and pizza loving Author (I love her already!). But hang in there...

Charlie is one of the most easy-going, kind-hearted women, who is a good friend to all the characters we have met and love already, and slots so well into Dilbury. Her antics included!

Her infatuation with an A&
Erin Lewis
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 star review of The Best Medicine (Dilbury Village #3) by Charlotte Fallowfield

This is the third book in Charlotte Fallowfield's latest series and in my opinion she has another winner on her hands. This is romance novelist Charlie Faulkner story and oh what a story it was. If I could give these books more than 5 stars then I certainly would.

I laughed so much I cried in this book; it was fabulous and I couldn't put it down. The writing is well executed, hilarious, sweet, dramatic and honestly
Kim
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The funny neighbors of Dilbury are at it again .. This installment is the accident prone Charlie that can’t seem to stay out of the A & E .. but when she keeps seeing the same gorgeous doctor every visit she thinks he is the ONE !!

But we all know the neighbors of the town will be giving there in put on this situation and when it is something Charlie doesn’t want to hear well we all know she will do her best to distract them .. maybe with another accident to see Dr McFitty ??

When a new Pizz
Jewel Book Lover
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte Fallowfield never disappoints me! I loved this book to pieces.

Lust and infatuation sometimes make us blind and stupid. Love is just in front of us and we don’t see it, we don’t even recognize it.
This is what happens to Charlie Faulkner. She’s a brilliant writer, smart, obsessed with pizza and clumsy. And her clumsiness brings her several times to the A&E dept. where Dr. Guy Fitton, aka McFitty, soon becomes Charlie’s wet dream. He’s the perfect male she writes about in her books.
B
Tracy Gray
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte brings this romantic comedy to life in front of our eyes. Never a dull moment in this story for sure. The highly accident prone Charlie moves into Dilbury and with her frequent visits to the local hospital makes you laugh out loud with her antics. Kitt, the quiet unassuming lead male is supportive and so so kind everyone should have this type of friend in their life. The story brings in other characters from the series and especially Daphne, the funniest OAP I've ever heard of. It's fu ...more
Toni
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte Fallowfield delivers again. Another installment in the Dilbury series that will have you laughing out loud and crying with laughter. Charlie is the newbie in the village but soon makes friends with Abbie and Georgie. Shes an up and coming erotic author that writes about Mr right but is yet to find him in real life. Charlies life is a series of hilarious accidents which see her frequenting the local A+E department. There she sets her sights on the dishy doctor Mr Mcfitty. Whilst trying ...more
Stephanie Lloyd
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is book 3 of the dilbury village series... I suggest reading the others first.

The best medicine focuses on Charlie, the erotica author from previous books. Again Charlotte has produced another amazing book with the amazing, heart warming characters from her other books. Without going into to much detail, Charlie has a pretty hard decision to make and she takes her sweet time doing it. Along the way she has some ups but oh so many down's! Charlotte hit the nail on the head with the comedy fa
Tricia Van Handel
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love and laughter

A good book allows you to feel emotion, whether it's suspenseful, sad, happy, bewilderment, or down right laughing out loud. It's always good to laugh! Can't wait for 4!
Karin
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was so good to be back in Dilbury for a while, i really missed it.
Whilst this book is okay to read as a stand alone, i highly recommend you read the first 2 books of the series before starting this one because you miss out on quite a lot of jokes.
Really lovely novel to read. It's light, sweet and really funny. Can't wait for the next novel!
Ang
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ANOTHER superb story from the wonderfully talented Charlotte Fallowfield.

This was excellent, everything that I’ve grown to love in a book from Charlotte Fallowfield. Moreover, what I’ve come to expect from a series.

The characters are brought to life with such great imagery, I almost believe they exist. The ‘Dames of Dilbury’ are back with full force ! There are so many great laughs in this story and when you reach the point of enlightenment, you wonder why you never saw it coming !

This book is
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
The next book in this rom com series, The Best Medicine is Charlie, the romance author's story. Having recently moved to the village she is soon making friends and starts getting involved in all their antics. Yet as a single woman in her early thirties what she really wants is to find happiness not just write best selling stories about it. Charlie is very accident prone so the reader is taken on a mishap filled journey of self discovery by a woman on mission to find love...yet with two available ...more
Dawne
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There's so much fun and laughter in this book. I love Dilbury Village and the close knit family of friends that live there. Charlie's mishaps make you cringe and laugh out loud at the same time; and Kitt stole my heart the minute he showed up in his pizza slice uniform. This book will give you a permanent smile the entire time you are reading. I simply love this series and I love Pizzaman.
Chip
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Best Medicine is the third release in The Dilbury series and it truly is another great read by Charlotte Fallowfield to add to your collection. Each title in The Dilbury series can be read as a standalone, but for the reader to fully connect and understand the true beauty of this series, community and characters; I’d recommend you read them in the order of release.

The Best Medicine is Charlie Faulkner's story. She’s an author who leaves the hustle and bustle of city living behind, and reloc
Tina Todd shobe
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When you have a book that the main character, Charlie Faulkner, is an author of romance novels that lean toward erotic, how can it not be a great book.

Charlie has moved to the small town of Dilbury. During this book we get to meet and get to know her new neighbors. They add an extra layer of warmth and laughter to this story.

Poor Charlie is the most accident prone person I know. If it's going to happen it's going to happen to her. Due to her injuries she has ended up in the Accident/Emergency Ro
Keren Hughes
I’ve just finished The Best Medicine in tears - happy tears, I should add - I loved this story SO goddamn much!

The Best Medicine is yet again a 5 star read. I wish I could rate it higher, damn rating system!

Charlotte is a character I have been dying to learn more about. As one of the Dilbury residents, I needed to hear her story, I knew it would be a good one. And I wasn’t disappointed.
As usual, this story was littered with so many hilarious moments. There were times I nearly peed myself laug
Clare
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG I can't tell you enough how much I loved this book!

I'm no stranger to the books of Charlotte Fallowfield and this series has been an absolute blast to read. I have been eagerly awaiting to read about erotic author Charlie Faulkner and her obsession with Dr Mcfitty at the local A&E dept. Charlie often finds herself needing to visit there due to her total lack of being able to do the simplest of tasks without always causing some kind of injury to herself. She is not only clumsy, she is a t
Linda Barrett
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You know you are on to a winner when you read the whole book with a big grin on your face.
This is 5 stars of pure literature joy.
I couldn't stop laughing out loud at this fantastic and hilarious romantic comedy that had me gripped throughout.
Charlotte Fallowfield has really made me fall in love with Dilbury and all its residents.
The Best Medicine is Charlie Faulkner's story and what a fantastic story it is.
Charlie is the lovable author that gets her readers hearts racing but all she has to kee
Stacey
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
After reading all of Charlotte's books so far and absolutely loving them, I was really looking forward to seeing what this one had in store. The Best Medicine is focussed on the not so love life of Charlie, the erotic author of the quiet village of Dilbury.

Super accident prone, Charlie is always visiting A&E where she bumps into Dr Fitton, aka McFitty - and decides she needs him in her life. A case of love or lust? Her Friday evenings also involve her addiction, a pizza delivery; cue the arr
Melou53
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to Dilbury. Where life is never dull. So true for this little town I want to move to.

This third installment in the series of the Dilbury Village is just as delightful as previous books. I recommend reading the previous books to get all the goodness the village has to offer, but also because you have to meet Abbie, Georgie, and Daphne from the beginning. Also for when Charlie, who this book is about, moved to the village.

I was waiting for her story and excited about how she would fit in
Kerry Baker
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Best Medicine by Charlotte Fallowfield is the 3rd book in her incredible Dilbury Village series. Although each book can be read as a stand-alone I would highly recommend reading them in order. Not only do you get to experience the amazing writing of Charlotte but the background you get on each of these characters - their stories, their personalities - benefits from seeing that developed over all the books. It adds to the whole experience of the series and makes it even better than it already ...more
Rachel
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After reading book 1 and 2 of the Dilbury Village Series I couldn't wait to read Charlie's story. After being introduced to her in the other books I was hoping that her story would be just as entertaining as Abbie and Georgie's were. Well was there any doubt, of course not! Charlie is such a lively and brilliant character that I think it would be difficult for anyone to dislike her. I was hoping for a happy ever after for her straight away.

Charlie definitely gets herself into some scrapes along
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Wicked Needs (Wicked Bay, #5)
  • Cornish Crusaders MC (South Coast Brothers #2)
  • Bound (Bound Hearts Book 1)
  • After the End
  • Freed by Him (Fighting Free, #1)
  • Bridge of Hope (Bridge Over the Atlantic, #2)
  • Dangerous Moves
  • The Girl with Hearts (Midtown Brotherhood #1)
  • Tortured (Tortured Soul, #1)
  • Epic Lies (Epic Fail, #2)
  • Accepting the Moon (Moonrising, #0.5)
  • Not Enough
  • Obsession (Obsession, #1)
  • Into the Fire (Into the Fire, #1)
  • I Am Atlas (Playing God, #1)
  • Camp Kiss (Camp Boyfriend, #0.5)
  • Falling into You (Falling, #2)
  • Keep It Secret (KIS #1)
Charlotte Fallowfield’s books contain plenty of romance and laugh-out-loud humour, but she makes her characters work hard for their happy ever afters, aided by a supporting cast of endearing friends and family that you may wish were your own. Her style has been flatteringly compared to Bridget Jones.

She has a childlike sense of humour, and a penchant for gorgeous, suited alpha males who would do a

Dilbury Village (7 books)
  • Never The Bride (Dilbury Village #1)
  • The Great Escape (Dilbury Village #2)
  • The Wedding Planner (Dilbury Village #4)
  • Airs & Graces (Dilbury Village #5)
  • A French Fancie (Dilbury Village #6)
  • A Very Dilbury Christmas (Dilbury Village #7)