Start by marking “Artificial Sweethearts (North Pole, Minnesota #2)” as Want to Read:
Artificial Sweethearts (North Pole, Minnesota #2)

Artificial Sweethearts (North Pole, Minnesota #2)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  146 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
It’s not chemistry between Tinka Foster and Sam Anderson that made them agree to fake date. With her parents trying to set her up with an annoying student golf coach, and intentionally single Sam’s family pressuring him to bring a date to his brother’s wedding, they could both use a drama-free summer.

So it’s not his muscular arms and quick wit that makes Tinka suggest they
Published July 10th 2017 by Entangled: Crush

To ask other readers questions about Artificial Sweethearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Artificial Sweethearts

(I received an advance copy of this book for free. Thanks to Entangled Publishing, LLC and NetGalley.)

“He shuddered with pleasure as she left a trail of kisses from his mouth to her ear, where she whispered, “We really are good at this fake kissing thing.””

This was a YA contemporary romance story featuring a fake boyfriend/girlfriend storyline.

Tinka and Sam were okay characters in this, although I struggled to really connect with them, I’m not sure why.

The storyline in this was about Tinka
Stacee
Jul 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I am a huge fan of the fake bf/gf plot line, so I was pretty excited for this one.

Tinka is an okay MC. Her weird situation with her parents has sort of forced her into being selfish and making rash decisions when things are up to her. Sam is straight up adorable and he's the main reason I kept reading. Both of them do a lot of things they don't want to because their families are oblivious.

Plot wise, it was a lot of push and pull, some lying, and some sweet moments. I wish it could have been a b
Angelica
For a long while now I have been in the mood for a cute YA contemporary romance. I wanted something to completely sweep me off my feet and make me swoon over the characters and their overly dramatic love.

Basically, I needed a rom-com in book form. And yet, no matter how many contemporaries I seem to be reading, none have delivered what I’ve wanted.

Thankfully, this one at least came close. We’re not quite there yet, but almost.

One of my favorite little cliched tropes of YA contemporary romances i
Sam Kozbial
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this fauxmance-romance! It was a wholly enjoyable big bowl of awww-cute.

I loved this fauxmance-romance, and I found it to be quite the quintessential summer read.

The book is set in the summer time. This book begins with Tinka returning from boarding school to find out that her parents have moved to the country. She is already reeling from the multitude of bad choices she had made over the course of the past year, and she was really looking forward to being back in her familiar
Thamy
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley2017
This was a nice following to Any Boy But You but not as good. By the way, you can read this one as a standalone; it barely used elements from the first story.

Tinka returned home from boarding school to find out she has been uprooted to this small town called North Pole,where it seems to always be Christmas. Also, not content in pushing her toward golfing, unknowingly to her dream of becoming a baker, her parents now expect her to date Dylan. Aside from him seeming to be a jerk, Tinka really need
Deniz
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it

Cute cute cute !!!

Artificial Sweethearts is the second in the North Pole, Minnesota series. And while Any Boy But You was the perfect winter holiday read, Artificial Sweethearts is the perfect summer vacation cute & fluffy. And that's where their similarities end. Well, that's not quite accurate: they both set in North Pole, Minnesota. They both cute & fluffies. And they have some of the same characters. But they both can be read independently and work as stand-alones.
I actually love th
~ Althea ~ (themoonwholistens)
// Received an advance readers copy in exchange for a fair review //

I am always interested in fake bf/gf tropes XD

---

Sam and Tinka were too lovable and adorable for a trope that is always being used in YA books nowadays

The writing style made me fall in love with these two MCs even though the plot was cliche in all the ways possible. Their chemistry was just so undeniable. It was a very enjoyable Ya romance read and I really felt everything that each of the characters were going through.

If you as
Danielle
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are certain storylines that just do it for you, and I love a blooming fake relationship.

Artificial sweethearts is the second book in the North Pole, Minnesota series, however, can definitely be read as a standalone.

Sam needs a date for his brother's wedding, or at least that's what his family thinks. He just wants them to get off his back.

Tinka doesn't want to be set up with Dylan. Her family think he's perfect for her, but she wants to be left alone. She has other issues to deal with.
Siobhan Davis
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Actual 3.5 Stars.

A cute, fun, well-written coming of age romance. Standalone with HEA.

Tinka has come home from boarding school for the summer with her bestie Jane in tow only to discover that her parents have moved home without telling her. This is nothing new to Tinka who feels like she is always second best and living in the shadow of her sibling Jake.

Sam is the second youngest in a family of four and he's grown up in North Pole, Minnesota his entire life. Tragedy struck his family five year
Cindy Hale
Nicole
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, ebooks, favorites
First things first: I received this book through NetGalley.
This book comes out july 10th.

This book is the second book in the North Pole, Minnesota series. But it's one of those series, were the books centers around different characters in the same setting/town and you don't have to read all the books or don't have to read them in order. I haven't read the first book, but I'm sure I will check it out sometime.

Summary: It’s not chemistry between Tinka Foster and Sam Anderson that made them agree t
Michelle
Jul 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Artificial Sweethearts by Julie Hammerle is the second book in the young adult contemporary North Pole, Minnesota series. I liked the first book in the series, Any Boy But You, but I enjoyed this book even more! Each of the books in the North Pole Minnesota series can be read as standalones, so you don't have to read them in order, though if given the choice, I always prefer to read a series in order. Elena, the girl
Shannon
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it

3.5*

Cute, sweet, and while at times frustrating, Artificial Sweethearts is an enjoyable read. I thought the storyline was great- the "fake" boyfriend/girlfriend/fiance trope is one you see more of in the New Adult genre so it was fun to see a young adult take on it. I really liked Tinka and adored Sam.
They each had their own issues and problems they were dealing with when it came to family and friendships and I loved seeing how they, and their relationship(s), grew and evolved over the course o
Paula  Phillips
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it

Tinka Foster headed off to boarding school and decided that she would re-invent herself and so she became Tinka Foster - Party girl. However, during the last day of the school year at a party, Tinka ended up hooking up with her best friend Jane's ex-boyfriend Colin. Regretting it, Tinka tries to get Colin to keep quiet especially since Jane is coming home to spend Summer break with Tinka and her family. When Tinka's parents pick her up at the airport, though they are not the same people she said
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

4.5 Stars

Young Adult age-range: 12+. Kissing.

Artificial Sweethearts is the second installment in the North Pole, Minnesota series and can easily be read as a standalone. Some mentions of the past book, and cameos by past narrators, but it doesn't affect the overall plot or lead to any confusion.

To be honest, I struggled to fall into the story during the first chapter. Tinka's narration, while being picked up at the airport, th
Gata Leitora / Cat reader
Sam is getting ready to go to college and his family put him to take care of the preparations for his brother's wedding. Sam is a gentle, educated, extremely responsible young man who has low self-esteem, a true prince who does not realize his value. Because he does not think he's cute and thinks he's too nerd about his passion for movies, he has a hard time getting close to the girls. Extremely romantic does not want to succumb to the pressure of the family to get a girl to go with him to the w ...more
Sophie
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Netgalley copy in exchange for an honest review.

This book is as good as the first one. You find all the elements you loved before: the great characters, the fun aspect of the story, the more dramatic one, the heart and the writing.

I loved it all.

The characters were gorgeous. Sam and Tinka are truly good people, ones that I would love to know in real life. I LOVED their story, as well as how much they evolve (on their own and together) from the beginning until the end. Their development was well-
Cathy
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I haven’t read anything by Julie Hammerle previously but I have always adored Entangled Crush books. Ms. Hammerle did not disappoint in the very least. I think this book was well written and really sucked the reader into this small town in Minnesota. I was almost tempted to bring out some Christmas stuff, after all it is July!

We meet Tinka who is back from boarding school and who has moved to a new town without even knowing it. Her parents just uprooted and did all this without her knowledge, as
books are love
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love Sam. He is too sweet and kind. He is always there for everyone and always doing what everyone needs. It was sad to see him be walked on by his family although I don’t think they realized they were doing it. The question for Sam who is there for him? It didn’t seem like anyone was. Yes his family was close but when Sam needed a shoulder or help it seemed he dealt with it by himself. He was strong and resilient. Kind and adorable. His family dynamic was great to see in a book. I was just sa ...more
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thank you netgalley!
"Artificial Sweethearts" was a cute YA read with fun, emotion, romance and realistic relationship issues between family and friends. This story takes place in North Pole, Minnesota and is the 2nd book set here though it can be read as a standalone. I was happy to see that Sam was the focus of this book and I just adored his character from the start. Tinka on the other hand wasn't so easy to fall in line with and support. Arriving home from her boarding school where she plays
Monica
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Entangled: Crush for gifting me this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This was a cute, fun, coming of age romance. I have to say that even though the female main character makes a ton of mistakes in this book, she learns from them and her character develops nicely. Sam is such a sweetheart with very low confidence in himself and I like the fact that he starts to see his value and builds his confidence in this book. Well done!!

This story is full of teenage
CallMeSensei
Jul 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley
Honestly, I was really disappointed in this story. I read Julie Hammerle's The Sound of Us last year and really, really enjoyed her debut novel. It was sweet and cheesy and without being too over the top.

Artificial Sweethearts, on the other hand, was just TOO much cheese. I found myself rolling my eyes at parts of the dialogue or things the character's would think. A lot of it was cliche and seemed to rely too heavily on over done tropes. The ending was something out of an early 90's rom-com. O
Sara
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review from Entagled Teen (sent through Netgalley).

I loved this book! It was an awesome romance! And I'm totally in love with Sam! He was so cute and adorable and sweet and sexy! I found my new bookboyfriend! Yay!
Tinka really did bad things to her friends and she acted selfish. But she was a good girl. And she got to prove it to everyone in the end. And anyway, everyone makes mistakes at some point in their lives.
Jane I liked her some times. She
Trisha
I just reviewed both books in the series at my blog, Trish Talks Texts.

Three and a half stars. Thanks to publisher and Netgalley for advanced copy. Released on July 10.
Melissa (YA Book Shelf)
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super cute - you'll be begging for Tinka and Sam to finally share their real, totally not fake, feelings for one another.
Kristi Housman
I received a copy of this book from Entangled Teen sent through Netgalley.

Artificial Sweethearts was a cute, quick read. Sam was the sweetest boy and I adored him. There were some moments when Tinka got on my nerves, but I ended up really liking her, too. The movie references were a lot of fun. What I really love about these Entangled Teen books is that they are just so light and mostly happy. It's great to have these to read in between some of the more serious books.
Anais Torres
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Read.

Quick, cute and easy. Just what I needed after planning my own wedding. The writer did a good job at building up the tension and the building a believable relationship between the main characters.
Dani (Dani Reviews Things)
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Rating: 3.5 stars

I feel like I'm on a contemporary roll at the moment. After zooming through Falling for Forever the other day, I finished Artificial Sweethearts within 24 hours, too, despite being busy with travelling and interview prep. It was a very easy read with one of my favourite tropes: the fake relationship.

Two quick notes:
1. This is the second book in a series but can be read as a standalone, with a brief
Olivia Farr
Jun 23, 2017 rated it liked it
“Artificial Sweethearts” is a cute and quick YA romance about Tinka (short for Christina) and Sam. Tinka is home from boarding school and learns that her parents have moved away from everything she knows in the Twin Cities to a small town named North Pole. The town is pretty unique, as people have taken the name pretty literally and turned into a year-round Christmas attraction. To make matters better, Tinka’s parents have purchased a fixer-upper and expect her to help them fix it up all summer. ...more
Stacy Sabala
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, romance
Book Review- Artificial Sweethearts by Julie Hammerlee

Tinka Foster has come home from her private school with her friend Jane in tow. She is shocked to see her parents. She doesn’t even recognize them. They surprise her by taking her to her new home in North Pole. They sold their house in Minneapolis without telling her.
She buries her feelings about it and tries to show her “happiness”. Jane is excited to help with the new house. Tinka feels guilty. Jane gets to spend her summer doing house repa
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Julie Hammerle is the author of The Sound of Us, which will be published by Entangled Teen on June 7, 2016. Before settling down to write "for real," she studied opera, taught Latin, and held her real estate license for one hot minute. Currently, she writes about TV on her blog Hammervision, ropes people into conversations about Game of Thrones, and makes excuses to avoid the gym. Her favorite YA- ...more
More about Julie Hammerle...

North Pole, Minnesota (3 books)
  • Any Boy But You (North Pole, Minnesota, #1)
  • Approximately Yours (North Pole, Minnesota #3)