Start by marking “The Rose Mark (Black Rose Sorceress, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Rose Mark (Black Rose Sorceress, #1)

The Rose Mark (Black Rose Sorceress #1)

Sherra
We belong to the King--those of us with the black roses tattooed on our left wrist, directly over our pulse. As if every beat of our hearts reminds us that we are not our own.

All the women with the fire burning within them are culled, tattooed and taken to the warriors, to provide more energy. Energy that the warriors will then use to defeat the barbarians from the
Published February 23rd 2017 by SubtleDemon Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Rose Mark, please sign up.

Brittany J Her website indicates end of April. I can't find where to buy it! Wish I could find it, very frustrating.

Carmel (Rabid Reads)
May 27, 2017 Carmel (Rabid Reads) rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

It’s been years since I’ve read something by Connie Suttle which is a real shame because she’s an incredibly talented author, and THE ROSE MARK reminded me of that fact. Neither teething baby nor attention deprived husband could tear me away from this book! I shudder to think that I almost passed on it in favour of staying true to my existing TBR pile. The blurb comes across as a sexist, male dominated society with a heroine who’s screwed from birth, and yes, that’s how
Yvonne
Feb 25, 2017 Yvonne rated it it was amazing
Connie Suttle is my favourite author and I eagerly await each of her new releases. I also had a little trepidation about this one as it is a completely new universe and cast of characters and she has been working on it for some time while completing and releasing other books. Needless worry- this book is simply brilliant and perhaps her best work to date.
Raven_Blake
Apr 03, 2017 Raven_Blake rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult, 2017
Same Review Also Posted In My Blog: Dreamy Addictions

I tried really hard to love this book but slow paced plots are always a major turnoff for me in the fantasy books and the romance in this book seemed dull enough to enjoy it. This is actually my first book from the author and with all the positive reviews, I hoped it's going to be a great read but sadly, I was left unsatisfied. The concept of this book is very interesting but the slow plot development has ruined my interest and enjoyability.

I
Casie
Mar 20, 2017 Casie rated it it was amazing
Ah freaking amazing!!!!

If I could give this book a million stars I would. It has been a very long time that I have enjoyed a book so much. The characters were so well developed, the story line e and world building done perfectly. Each character had flaws and issues and it just makes them that much more real! I can't say enough about this books. I desperately waiting for the second to make it's appearance.
Christy
Mar 24, 2017 Christy rated it really liked it
Better Than Expected

I was prepared not to like this book very much, but as it was recommended by someone I typically agree with, I gave it a shot. I'm not going to leave spoilers, so let's just say that I didn't get the immediate "fix" for the big issues....but I see the conflict resolution going in a good direction. I will definitely read the next book.
Holly  B
Apr 05, 2017 Holly B rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, fantasy, kindle
coming soon...
TARA
Mar 21, 2017 TARA rated it it was amazing
Amazing series beginning!

Drew me right in! Story line and plot are amazing! Characters are so real! Waiting for next in series on tenderhooks
J.L.
Mar 12, 2017 J.L. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-pnr, 2017
5 STARS

Such an awesome book. I loved the idea and that Sherra (like all of Connie Suttle's leading ladies) is such a strong character. She is the perfect fit for not only Kerok but for leading all the roses and warriors in this war.

**This book ends in leaving you begging for more and in a critical condition called a few of us know as a book hangover. Unfortunately, while you can ease this condition with other books the only real remedy is reading Black Rose Sorceress #2 which is not yet availab
Sherri
Mar 13, 2017 Sherri rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-owned
What another fantastic book and new series from Connie! As with all her books, I was pulled in from the beginning and left breathless at the end and wanting more!!
Kathleen Nute
Mar 07, 2017 Kathleen Nute rated it it was amazing
Absolutely stunning

I couldn't put this book down. CS has done it again! A different world of dreams, of life struggles, laughter, tears, winners and losers. I can't wait for the next book. I have read every word Connie has written and it just keeps getting better and better. Way to go!!!
Stephanie Alvarenga
Mar 07, 2017 Stephanie Alvarenga rated it it was amazing
Great book!

This book was great! It's a new, interesting book that keeps you captivated as soon as you start it. Can't wait for the next book!
Missy Cetnar
Mar 04, 2017 Missy Cetnar rated it it was amazing
Great new series!

I can see now that I will be as addicted to this series as I am to all of Connie's others. It has some elements of the books surrounding Lissa and her family. I also see the underlying message of how hate of an enemy destroys you. Excellent read and I cannot wait for the next one!
Peter Carlstrom
Mar 01, 2017 Peter Carlstrom rated it it was amazing
Exhilarating and phenomenal!

Dark tale of system depending on powerful women forced to support warriors with their abilities and energy. One girl set out to change it and in the brilliant way she effected deep changes in the warfare, self protection, the way others saw the black rose girls. Fantastic war scenes, imaginative fights, twisted betrayals and a touch of romance. Absolutely awesome!
Heather
Feb 26, 2017 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: connie-suttle
I feel like I am repeating myself every time I need to write a review for a Connie Suttle book.
This is going to be an excellent series. I'm pretty sure that this will also be standalone or not connected to Lissa's world. Another great set of characters, an interesting but still mysterious story, magic, mayhem and possibly love. Sherra is a strong, intelligent and caring young lady and I am more than happy to know her better.
Kira
Feb 28, 2017 Kira rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-series, ru
Loved! Loved this book!! I didn't want the book to end, and when it did I was actually mad at myself for reading it so fast! Desperately waiting for book 2!
Tiffany
Feb 26, 2017 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
The Rose Mark: Black Rose Sorceress, Book 1

I have just one question, when does the next book come out?! I loved this book and can't wait to see what happens next! I have been a fan of Mrs. Suttle's books for years now and she has yet to disappoint me! Thank you Mrs. Suttle for being your brilliant self!
Barbara Neumann
Feb 26, 2017 Barbara Neumann rated it it was amazing
Wow

First amazing book in a new series. I am looking forward to the next. The world building is great, along with the character development.
Debbie
Feb 26, 2017 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. Exceptional. Outstanding. Another winner from a master story teller.
I will be pre purchasing book 2
Bonnie
Feb 27, 2017 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
Great start to new series!

Loved this book a new series, new characters and new place! Love all Connie's books on my buy list as soon as a new one comes out.
Diane
Feb 25, 2017 Diane rated it it was amazing
Started it yesterday, wow!

Couldn't put it down until I finished it. Excellent read and can't wait till next book!!! Way to go Connie!
Linda
Feb 26, 2017 Linda rated it liked it

I've read a number of Connie Suttle books and enjoyed them. Somewhere in the third or fourth interconnected series, though, I grew tired of the too-similar characters (how many petite, blond, abused heroines can there be), the inconsistencies, and the too-convoluted relationships and gave up. This, however, is the first book in a new series in a new universe, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm mostly glad I did.

Suttle has a knack for injecting a lot of emotional drama into her books, a
Dolly
Ms Suttle has again drawn me into an unforgettable adventure with an extremely strong and capable heroine.

What I liked: This new series, Black Rose Sorceress, from Connie Suttle showcases her imagination, her unconventional storylines, and intriguing characters. I never, ever thought I would be a Sci-Fi reader but Ms Suttle’s books have introduced me to a whole new world of possibilities.

The Rose Mark is the beginning of a new series and from what I can tell is not connected to any of her other
Tony Hisgett
May 27, 2017 Tony Hisgett rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, review
Many of this author’s books begin with an abused girl and usually involves them living through this abuse until they finally manage to convince the male oppressors to accept her or they are carried off by some higher being. Unfortunately I’m beginning to find this storyline a bit depressing.

The problem with this book, is that apart from the heroine I dislike virtually everybody else, including Kerok, whom I presume is meant to be the hero. I really despised him, he supports the slavery and witho
May 08, 2017 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

Okay so I randomly just picked this book up and decided why the hell not. From the synopsis it interested me but I really wasn't sure about it. It seemed like a book about subjugating women and just had this overall feel of something I might have to put down and not finish because I'd get too annoyed.

But it wasn't like that, not really it deff had that in it but it feels like its on a precipice of change and I just kept reading more because I wanted to find out what happens and if Sher
May
Sherra is a really strong, kickass heroine. Her character development was really good. She's innovative and strives to learn more and teach her fellow escorts too. She's so admirable and smart. I was cheering for her the entire time.

Kerok was grieving for his former lover for the first half of the book, which was nice in that it showed he was in fact a human being, but it got annoying after a while. Once he decided to move on, he became really likable. I liked the gradual development of the rel
Hollie
I have read other books by this author, and I have to say, she has a specialty in creating badass heroines that you can't help but root for! This book was no exception. I really loved the heroine as well as the numerous other characters. I wish this book had more romance (there was little to none) but there was a lot of fast paced action. I also appreciate this book being offered as a kindleunlimited. I'll definitely check out the next book in this series.
Jun 14, 2017 Laura rated it liked it
I'm kind of on the fence with this one. I liked the boot camp aspect of it. I liked that Sherra was more interested in helping her fellow female trainees rather than competing with them.

I didn't like all the inequality between women and men but I think that was kind of the point. Sherra is trying to affect change, so I will read the next book to see how well she succeeds.
defenbaker
Feb 26, 2017 defenbaker rated it it was amazing
Great new series

I have loved Suttle's writing since, I stumbled across the first book. Thankfully, I came upon her later so I had more to devour immediately. Now that I am all caught up I impatiently await which ever series is released next. Will definitely be looking forward to the next in this series, bring on the odd future of California and Arizona.
Carol
May 16, 2017 Carol rated it it was amazing
Really loving the first book. The book is written from different characters points of view which is not only interesting but allows you to get a lot more information without it getting boring love it.
Kelly
Mar 11, 2017 Kelly rated it liked it
Not bad but the ages really messed me up. If you go by what the author wrote the crown price is in his 60's and by her explanation of his brother since the crown prince has no magic he ages normally. So... the events do not add up.
Connie Suttle lives in Oklahoma with her husband and three cats.

Connie holds an MFA in Fine Art (film production and animation) and taught courses at the university level before moving on to bookstore management. Nowadays, if she isn't writing or editing, she's dreaming up her next book.
More about Connie Suttle...

Black Rose Sorceress (2 books)
  • Rose and Thorn (Black Rose Sorceress, Book 2)