Start by marking “The Rose Mark (Black Rose Sorceress, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Rose Mark (Black Rose Sorceress, #1)

The Rose Mark

(Black Rose Sorceress #1)

Sherra
We belong to the King--those of us with the black roses tattooed on our left wrist, directly over our pulse. As if every beat of our hearts reminds us that we are not our own.

All the women with the fire burning within them are culled, tattooed and taken to the warriors, to provide more energy. Energy that the warriors will then use to defeat the barbarians from
Published February 23rd 2017 by SubtleDemon Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Rose Mark, please sign up.
Phoenix Between 4/19 and 4/25. I can't find any other information.…moreBetween 4/19 and 4/25. I can't find any other information. (less)
Phoenix Her website indicates end of April. I can't find where to buy it! Wish I could find it, very frustrating.…moreHer website indicates end of April. I can't find where to buy it! Wish I could find it, very frustrating. (less)

Start your review of The Rose Mark (Black Rose Sorceress, #1)
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

It’s been years since I’ve read something by Connie Suttle which is a real shame because she’s an incredibly talented author, and THE ROSE MARK reminded me of that fact. Neither teething baby nor attention deprived husband could tear me away from this book! I shudder to think that I almost passed on it in favour of staying true to my existing TBR pile. The blurb comes across as a sexist, male dominated society with a heroine who’s screwed from birth, and yes, that’s how
Yvonne
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Connie Suttle is my favourite author and I eagerly await each of her new releases. I also had a little trepidation about this one as it is a completely new universe and cast of characters and she has been working on it for some time while completing and releasing other books. Needless worry- this book is simply brilliant and perhaps her best work to date.
Runningrabbit
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
KU

Connie Suttle is one of my favourite authors, and this intense fanatsy novel does not fail to maintain that reputation. I find that this cover doesn’t do the series any favours. It in no way conveys the colour of the characters within, nor the grittiness of the storyline.

The background for this tale centers around the military, wartime, and the Crown. All great factors for a compelling piece of fantasy writing. The novel and the tale within keep a steady pace rather than a fast one, including
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Same Review Also Posted In My Blog: Dreamy Addictions

I tried really hard to love this book but slow paced plots are always a major turnoff for me in the fantasy books and the romance in this book seemed dull enough to enjoy it. This is actually my first book from the author and with all the positive reviews, I hoped it's going to be a great read but sadly, I was left unsatisfied. The concept of this book is very interesting but the slow plot development has ruined my interest and enjoyability.

Linda
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it

I've read a number of Connie Suttle books and enjoyed them. Somewhere in the third or fourth interconnected series, though, I grew tired of the too-similar characters (how many petite, blond, abused heroines can there be), the inconsistencies, and the too-convoluted relationships and gave up. This, however, is the first book in a new series in a new universe, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm mostly glad I did.

Suttle has a knack for injecting a lot of emotional drama into her books,
Casie
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ah freaking amazing!!!!

If I could give this book a million stars I would. It has been a very long time that I have enjoyed a book so much. The characters were so well developed, the story line e and world building done perfectly. Each character had flaws and issues and it just makes them that much more real! I can't say enough about this books. I desperately waiting for the second to make it's appearance.
Christy deSade
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Better Than Expected

I was prepared not to like this book very much, but as it was recommended by someone I typically agree with, I gave it a shot. I'm not going to leave spoilers, so let's just say that I didn't get the immediate "fix" for the big issues....but I see the conflict resolution going in a good direction. I will definitely read the next book.
Shelby
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-loved
I bought this on a whim and very glad I did. Not having read much fantasy I tend to by pass it. Very glad I didn't. Cant wait to jump into book two
Elusive
I am a huge fan of Connie Suttle she has such a unique writing style that just plays on your heartstrings and pulls you in to her worlds. This debut of a new series did not disappoint, it was amazing with action and emotion that kept me listening in to the dead of night. I couldn't stop until It was finished. When I woke up the next morning I immediately went in search of the next book in the series.
TARA
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing series beginning!

Drew me right in! Story line and plot are amazing! Characters are so real! Waiting for next in series on tenderhooks
J.L.
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-pnr, 2017
5 STARS

Such an awesome book. I loved the idea and that Sherra (like all of Connie Suttle's leading ladies) is such a strong character. She is the perfect fit for not only Kerok but for leading all the roses and warriors in this war.

**This book ends in leaving you begging for more and in a critical condition called a few of us know as a book hangover. Unfortunately, while you can ease this condition with other books the only real remedy is reading Black Rose Sorceress #2 which is not yet
Sherri
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-owned
What another fantastic book and new series from Connie! As with all her books, I was pulled in from the beginning and left breathless at the end and wanting more!!
Kathleen Nute
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely stunning

I couldn't put this book down. CS has done it again! A different world of dreams, of life struggles, laughter, tears, winners and losers. I can't wait for the next book. I have read every word Connie has written and it just keeps getting better and better. Way to go!!!
Missy Cetnar
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great new series!

I can see now that I will be as addicted to this series as I am to all of Connie's others. It has some elements of the books surrounding Lissa and her family. I also see the underlying message of how hate of an enemy destroys you. Excellent read and I cannot wait for the next one!
Stephanie Alvarenga
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

This book was great! It's a new, interesting book that keeps you captivated as soon as you start it. Can't wait for the next book!
Peter Carlstrom
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Exhilarating and phenomenal!

Dark tale of system depending on powerful women forced to support warriors with their abilities and energy. One girl set out to change it and in the brilliant way she effected deep changes in the warfare, self protection, the way others saw the black rose girls. Fantastic war scenes, imaginative fights, twisted betrayals and a touch of romance. Absolutely awesome!
Kira
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-series
Loved! Loved this book!! I didn't want the book to end, and when it did I was actually mad at myself for reading it so fast! Desperately waiting for book 2!
Tiffany Williams
The Rose Mark: Black Rose Sorceress, Book 1

I have just one question, when does the next book come out?! I loved this book and can't wait to see what happens next! I have been a fan of Mrs. Suttle's books for years now and she has yet to disappoint me! Thank you Mrs. Suttle for being your brilliant self!
Barbara Neumann
Wow

First amazing book in a new series. I am looking forward to the next. The world building is great, along with the character development.
Bonnie
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great start to new series!

Loved this book a new series, new characters and new place! Love all Connie's books on my buy list as soon as a new one comes out.
Diane
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Started it yesterday, wow!

Couldn't put it down until I finished it. Excellent read and can't wait till next book!!! Way to go Connie!
Tony Hisgett
May 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: review, fantasy
Many of this author’s books begin with an abused girl and usually involves them living through this abuse until they finally manage to convince the male oppressors to accept her or they are carried off by some higher being. Unfortunately I’m beginning to find this storyline a bit depressing.

The problem with this book, is that apart from the heroine I dislike virtually everybody else, including Kerok, whom I presume is meant to be the hero. I really despised him, he supports the slavery and
Heather
Shelves: fantasy
I feel like I am repeating myself every time I need to write a review for a Connie Suttle book.
This is going to be an excellent series. I'm pretty sure that this will also be standalone or not connected to Lissa's world. Another great set of characters, an interesting but still mysterious story, magic, mayhem and possibly love. Sherra is a strong, intelligent and caring young lady and I am more than happy to know her better.
Debbie
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. Exceptional. Outstanding. Another winner from a master story teller.
I will be pre purchasing book 2
Dolly Sandor
Ms Suttle has again drawn me into an unforgettable adventure with an extremely strong and capable heroine.

What I liked: This new series, Black Rose Sorceress, from Connie Suttle showcases her imagination, her unconventional storylines, and intriguing characters. I never, ever thought I would be a Sci-Fi reader but Ms Suttle’s books have introduced me to a whole new world of possibilities.

The Rose Mark is the beginning of a new series and from what I can tell is not connected to any of her
Llaph
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh I missed CS crack writing. I bought pretty much every book up till the 4th First Ordinance book and um 2nd RD one…. I couldn’t afford to keep buying them to keep up so I had them saved for when I got a chance to get KU. Well, I finally did and low and behold everything after that and before this series isn’t on KU any longer.
Massive sad face here~
I was going to pass on even reading this series since it didn’t seem to be related to the other series in some way. I’m glad I didn’t however
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

Okay so I randomly just picked this book up and decided why the hell not. From the synopsis it interested me but I really wasn't sure about it. It seemed like a book about subjugating women and just had this overall feel of something I might have to put down and not finish because I'd get too annoyed.

But it wasn't like that, not really it deff had that in it but it feels like its on a precipice of change and I just kept reading more because I wanted to find out what happens and if
May
Sherra is a really strong, kickass heroine. Her character development was really good. She's innovative and strives to learn more and teach her fellow escorts too. She's so admirable and smart. I was cheering for her the entire time.

Kerok was grieving for his former lover for the first half of the book, which was nice in that it showed he was in fact a human being, but it got annoying after a while. Once he decided to move on, he became really likable. I liked the gradual development of the
Lindsay
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Two boring stars

This book was so long. It put me to sleep multiple times. Things got more confusing as the story went on. There was stepping, training, eating more stepping-training-eating, and not much else. Cool premise. Poor execution. I needed to know more about the barbarians. Sherra was cool. I liked her character a lot. This review is just as terrible as the book was, just nowhere near as long.
Hollie
I have read other books by this author, and I have to say, she has a specialty in creating badass heroines that you can't help but root for! This book was no exception. I really loved the heroine as well as the numerous other characters. I wish this book had more romance (there was little to none) but there was a lot of fast paced action. I also appreciate this book being offered as a kindleunlimited. I'll definitely check out the next book in this series.
« previous 1 3 next »

• To Claim a King (Age of Gold #1)
  • Walking in the Dark (Ollie Wit, #2)
  • The Last Lullaby (The Spellsinger, #1)
  • Assassin (Starlight, #1)
  • A Step into the Dark (Ollie Wit, #1)
  • Fatal Harmony (The Vein Chronicles, #1)
  • Rebel's Blade (The Aermian Feuds, #1)
  • Savage One: Born Wild #2
  • From the Ashes (Force of Nature #1)
  • Gut Deep (Torn Worlds Book 1)
  • Of Bone and Ruin (Dragon Ridden Chronicles, #2)
  • Elusion (Facets of Feyrie, #1)
  • A Girl Named Blue: The Adventure Begins (The Adventures of Blue Faust, #1)
  • Common (The Lora Fletcher Chronicles Book 1)
  • Trigger (Origin, #1)
  • Slouch Witch (The Lazy Girl's Guide to Magic, #1)
  • Wyrd Blood
  • Mist's Edge (The Broken Lands, #2)
Connie Suttle lives in Oklahoma with her husband and three cats.

Connie holds an MFA in Fine Art (film production and animation) and taught courses at the university level before moving on to bookstore management. Nowadays, if she isn't writing or editing, she's dreaming up her next book.

Black Rose Sorceress (4 books)
  • Rose and Thorn (Black Rose Sorceress, Book 2)
  • Black Rose Queen (Black Rose Sorceress, Book 3)
  • Queen of Thorns and Roses (Black Rose Sorceress, Book Four)
“Permission to speak freely?" she asked. "You have that permission, as long as what you say is truth and not personal opinion or conjecture." "Then I have nothing to say.” 0 likes