Start by marking “Hold My Hand” as Want to Read:
Hold My Hand

Hold My Hand

Bethany is heartbroken when her girlfriend, Savannah, dumps her with no explanation. Slowly, she rebuilds her life, meets Amber and begins to heal.
A year later they meet again and their feelings are as strong as ever. So why did Savannah leave her?
Bethany is devastated by the answer and realises she will lose Savannah again – to cancer.
In a world where time is fleeting but
Published March 1st 2017 by Ylva Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hold My Hand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hold My Hand

Start your review of Hold My Hand
Lex Kent
Mar 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: f-f-ylva-romance
I have an issue with book blurbs. I find they can be too spoil-ish sometimes, so I skim them. I really wished I had realized what this story was about before I got it. We all have triggers that are hard to read about in books, and cancer is one of mine. It is such a horrible disease that touches everyone, and for whatever reason cancer has decimated my family. So, I would have passed on this, had I read the blurb.

I did get through the book, but it was tough. This book is so f*cking sad. I'm talk
Linda
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh my! I don’t know how I completed reading this book... This was a really difficult read for me. It’s just so sad, so full of emotion, so full of love, sacrifices for both Bethany and Savannah, BFF turn lovers.... Reading through the last 2/3 of the book took a lot from me and I just had to stop a couple of times and take a breather! Don’t even mention the amount of tissues that had to be sacrificed. Just like a broken faucet...the tears just keep on pouring and can’t seem to stop it.... Ending ...more
Chey
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
REREAD 18 AUGUST 2019.

I don't know how to function. This book broke me, again.

I received this ARC in exchange for a honest review.

I'm one tiny ball of sobs. Yes, that's describes my emotional state the last couple days very much. I'm a sobbing mess. By the end of the first chapter I already felt like crap, by the end of the third chapter I started crying and the tears just kept coming. Chapter after chapter, page after page. If I could do it all over again I would do it in a heartbeat.
This was
Sandra
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: various, favorites
Full of emotions
This is a wonderful story about love, friendship and loss. Especially about the power of Love. It's the story of Bethany and Savannah, two woman who were meant for each other. I loved both of them and I also liked the second character Joan.
This isn't the classical romance with the happy end we all are wishing. It's about life. And we all know life isn't allways easy, somtimes it's hard to bear. And it's about the undying love of two women, who also are BFF.
AC Oswald has written a
Musa
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Only looking at the last 70% of the book - this is an emotionally gripping story and a tear-jerker. This is not a story about miracles or happy endings, but a wonderfully touching story about two soulmates making the most of whatever time they have. Though the ending is sad, I loved that the book still carried a positive message - even in sickness we can still make choices how we live.

The part that bugs me though is how Beth had been totally oblivious about Savannah's condition and still didn't
Ted
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've read in a while. So much feels! I mean seriously. I had to take this in doses after about halfway. Jeesh. People around me wondering why I'm constantly drying my eyes. Seriously just read it. Ugh. So good. ...more
Willow
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f-romance, 2017
This book it's kinda hard to review for me.

The starting point of this book is the break up between Savannah and Bethany. Nothing new there, but what you don't expect (or maybe you already know if you read the blurb carefully) is to discover that Savannah broke with Bethany because she had cancer and didn't want Bethany to suffer through it.

I didn't like the fact that Savannah didn't tell Bethany about her cancer and choose to break up with her instead. Besides that, this book was really sad. I
Meh
Mar 30, 2017 rated it liked it
This one didn't do much for me.

In terms of plot, it's... inconsistent. And in terms of characters it's just underwhelming.

The saving grace of this entire story for was Bethany. I thought she was a sweet character willing to move heaven and earth to make the best she could of a truly tragic situation. I was particularly moved by her extremely creative and heartfelt solutions to comply with the 'bucket list' itens.

While Savannah... well, Savannah has cancer, so I suppose one copes with that as bes
Rosi
Mar 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Illness is always so unfair, in young people even more. Reading about this subject didn't appeal much to me, but I started the book and I was hooked. Savannah must deal with the worst disease, with no hope of a cure, which results in drawing Bethany away from her, fearing the ordeal and trying to avoid her suffering.
Finally they reconnect after a while, and their relationship returns with more force and with the intention of enjoy life in the fullest way possible.
The book is sad but hopeful, a
Liz
Mar 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ylva, lesbian, sad
The story focuses with living with cancer and its impact. I admit I do have a personal bias with this storyline and because of that I did have some issues with it. From personal experience and similar to the story, my partner of 5 years at the time discovered she had cancer and the prognosis was not looking good with no guarantee on survival chances. She did not want to burden me, but did give me the option to make my own decisions and choices. (Luckily, decades on she is still around to nag me! ...more
Jane Shambler
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ylva-pub, sad
I'll admit right off, this book made me cry. And wow what a hard subject. The book itself is really well written. The author has a very direct writing style. She allows you to get to know the two main characters, there are several other minor characters and I did feel sorry for Amber.... that was kindof brutal. The author handles a very delicate subject with compassion and sensitivity. There isn't much I can really say about the book except that it's sad and very well written. The list completio ...more
Megan
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Colleen Corgel
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, 2017-new-reads
I recieved this as an Advanced Reading Copy from Ylva in exchange for my honest review.

A.C. Oswald's debut is a heartstring puller, which is both a good and a bad thing. Savannah and Beth break up a year before the main plot of the book, and Beth spends much of the first quarter of the book equally pining for and being angry at Savannah. When they meet again, and Savannah is comfortable enough to admit she has cancer, it floors Bethany. Bethany must work through her feelings for Savannah, which
AnnieWillow
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I cant, i just cant. A.C. Oswald did something more than incredible here. Hold My Hand deserves more. If I could rate this 10 stars +1 and my heart I would. I know it's a very late review. But I usually refrain reading stories as sad as this one. God, I don't know. I'm still shaking while typing this because of the last "check"

If you're up to some 2-boxes-of-kleenex-challenge, read this book. Savy and Beth's story will make you happy, sad, and super sad. I wish it was longer but I get it. The en
Nadine Stamminger
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had a amazing time reading this book, it had everything it was sad but so brilliant. Its about to persons who belong together and making after a rought part the best out of the time they have left. This story is so close to life its not everything happy end and turns out the way we wish it would. This is the real life and it was very refreshing after all the lovestorys i read the last time. I was crying i was smiling i hated the book and i loved it!

Bethany was such a sweet person willing to mo
Jessica
Oct 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The ending is rather a surprise since i don't really think that all of the bucket lists will be accomplished. Love how the author make Bethany fulfilled all Savannah's bucket lists till the end. It was really a beautiful and heartbreaking story.

P.s. I can't help but think the characters are based on Brittany and Santana from Glee. Even the names are similar I think. I love the show and definitely love this story although it makes me cry.
vacatedboat
Mar 08, 2018 marked it as own-need-to-read
I made it to 41% and think I need to put this away for now. It's not the writing, but the subject matter. I'm just not in the emotional head-space to read about cancer and death right now. Therefore, I'm moving it to a to-read in the future instead of a DNF. ...more
isa Simonet
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great book, well written, but too sad and so predictable....
Suzma
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for a review.
WOW!!!
That really says it all but I will tell you a little more. This is a beautiful story of love and friendship. Bethany and Savannah are soul mates and have been from a young age, but then Savannah ends the relationship with no explanation and Bethany is left to re-build her life. A year later they re-connect and what Bethany learns is devastating but their feeling for each other are as strong as they ever were and from here their love story continue
Della
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AC Oswald has created a moving and loving tribute to everlasting love. Beth and Savannah's characters are truly unforgettable. Their struggles have touched so many of our lives. As I read this novel wonderful and not so wonderful personal memories were awakened. This is not a novel for a casual read. Be prepared to be moved to momentous highs and lows. A story well worth your consideration. Beautifully written. ...more
Adrian
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the best publications to have emerged from Ylva in 2017, thus far. While a deeply moving and satisfying tale about the journey of two individuals together, it was also a very accomplished introspection into the damage wrought by a critical illness as well as the loss that can follow a struggle with the biological that cannot be surmounted. Grateful for the reading experience.

Arc received by this grateful reader from the author and publisher.
Renate
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book takes you on an emotional rollercoaster ride.
I cannot remember ever reading a book which touched me so deep
It is also the most tender love story...I read it in one sitting.
This story will not leave you long after you finished reading.
Highly recommended !!
susan
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love story to remember.

When I g of this one I wasn't sure if I was going like it. But from page one it held my attention. What Savannah and Bethany went through was truly inspiring. Even though I knew what was coming I loved how they spent their time together. I did cry at the end. And I would definitely recommend this book.
Andrea
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book left me crying on the couch....
It is such a hard topic to really capture and AC Oswald did a great job with this book. I can see that it would be hard to read for some people if they lost a partner to cancer or fighting cancer right now - but it shows the emotions of the patient and the partner very well and what both go through. The story had the right speed in development and I feel like it wasn't rushed or too slow and the timeframe in what everything happened was perfect.
Usually t
Anneliese
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, lgbt-books
I am a lover of sad stories, ones that make you sob because you feel for the characters. This book will make you feel every single emotion. I was upset by some of the characters' actions, like Savannah breaking up with Bethany because of her illness. I felt happiness when they reunited. And of course I felt sadness over the whole situation. You go into this book knowing that the happy ending most likely will not be there. But despite that, I enjoyed this story for the love story that it was.

*I
Amisha Patel
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hold My Hand is such a well written novel. It was a really hard read for me because it was so sad. I cried my way through the entire novel. However, I did not want to put the book down without finishing it.

This novel is about the journey the two main characters take due to cancer. It is sad because you know there isn't a happy ever after. However, it is uplifting because you see their love throughout the journey and know that they made the most of their time together.
Cheryl S
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, wow. Fantastic love story. Very well written, very moving, very warm love story. You love all the characters and everything they do. Do not shy away from this book because it sounds dark, it is not. It is the strongest, warmest love story I have read in a very long time. I will be looking for more books written by this author.
Mona
Here's my review for HOLD MY HAND, you can also find it on my blog!

I have many things to say about this book because I’m still a little confused and moved about it.

As you may know, I never read description before getting into a book because I’m always a little scared of reading too much. I should have read this one. Because I have some issues with cancer, I would not have read this book if I knew what it was about.
I don’t regret my choice though, this boo
Jane Clements
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I found this book hard to read because my partner died from cancer a couple of years ago. I debated whether or not to read it, because I’ve so far avoided all novels and movies dealing with cancer. I decided it was time. Still, I’m not sure I can give a totally objective review of this one. It may be that it deserves more stars than I’ve given it, but since on Goodreads three stars means ‘I liked it’, while four stars means ‘I really liked it’, I have to go with the three stars.

First off, I have
Linda
Sep 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I finished reading this book 10 hours ago, and I consciously kept telling myself to not think about it or I'll cry. And I did a couple of times, and I did cry. It is so beautifully written that I can't seem to be impartial when it comes to the two main characters. I kept telling myself that they are not real. It did very little to ease the discomfort and pain the story brought. I don't only love the character, I love their story, I love their soul. They are so beautiful, so full of substance and ...more

• Loved and Lost
  • Forever and A Day: a Those Who Wait story
  • The Brutal Truth
  • Hot Line
  • Taking the Lead
  • Iron Heart (Crier's War, #2)
  • Mutual Benefits
  • Anyone But Her
  • A Breathless Place
  • Beyond the Break
  • Something to Talk About
  • Living
  • Heart Trouble
AC Oswald grew up in a small town in Germany and has always loved creating her own fantasy worlds. Now she is in her mid-twenties but still a total child at heart.
She makes a living as a German and English teacher who also happens to work as an editor in a small publishing house. When she’s not teaching or editing, she watches Netflix with her girlfriend or writes her own stories.
Since she’s a big