Start by marking “The Art of Mutual Pleasure” as Want to Read:

The Art of Mutual Pleasure

--- The path to debauchery is strewn with good intentions. ---

Benjamin Snowley is trapped in a most distressing predicament. He’s been feeling poorly and after having recently recovered from influenza, he knows that the fault for his declining health lies in a vice he wouldn’t dare mention in polite conversation.

Onanism, self-pollution, masturbation. All names for the sam
Published March 29th 2017 by Acerbi & Villani ltd

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Mutual Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Mutual Pleasure

Start your review of The Art of Mutual Pleasure
Judith
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars.

Well,this was just delicious.

This is full of filthy goodness and extremely erotic....

Poor Benjamin is full of guilt over,what he considers,his dirty little secret.You see,Benjamin likes to Masterbate..a lot and he's absolutely mortified by it.From a young age he believed it was wrong but now,as an adult,he can't seem to stop himself-so much so,that he thinks his affliction is making him physically ill.

When he was young he knew other boys did it but refused to indulge until one night ch
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This book is a sexy, kinky romp filled with carnal pleasures and dirty secrets. It's also an account of one man's journey toward sexual and personal discovery.

The Merikans bring a tender, poignant edge to a story that could easily have sunk into the gutter.

Benjamin is uptight and naive, but his conservative clothes and prudish lectures hide a lustful heart. Benjamin is happiest on his knees playing the pretty whore.

Frederick wants to devour the beautiful Benjamin. An artist who follows Byron's
Dia
4 really HOT stars!
*needs a bucket of ice to calm down*

This is definitely NOT a hearts and flowers, sweet and romantic book. If you've already read other books by K.A. Merikan (and if you haven't yet, you really have to!!!) well you kind of know what to expect: amazing writing, super HOT sex scenes, interesting characters and a lot of surprises.

This story is short, BUT oh SO very HOT! *sigh*

It's the story of Benjamin, a young man who in early 19th century finds himself in the position of hidi
K.A. Merikan
Feb 23, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

:) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XVXF5JM

This baby is a heavily extended new edition of "An Onanist's Journey To Reclaiming His Seed". The story will still feature different sexual encounters and Benjamin Snowley's confusion with onanism, but going from 13k to almost 45k words, we've added a dirty (DIRTY) love story with a HEA that works for the characters.
☙ nemo ❧
i have come to a very important conclusion.

i haven't been that fond of k.a. merikan's earlier works, but fucking hell they just get better and better as time goes on. christ. i can't wait to see what they come out with next!!!

also, this is the best erotica novella you will ever read in your life. guaranteed.
Ele

After reading this blurb, you might wonder "What is this fresh hell? What is K.A.Merikan up to this time?". You might even find it silly. I assure you, it is not. The whole idea behind "The Art of Mutual Pleasure" is based on Dr. Samuel-Auguste Tissot's theory that masturbation can lead to mental and physical illness. In Regency era, this was a very common perception of masturbation, which was treated as a debilitating disease by medicine in the two following centuries.

The reason I'm telling you
Nazanin
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, m-m
4 Stars

At the age of eleven, Benjamin was fascinated with Frederick who is seventeen. Every night he watched Frederick from afar, but one night he chased him to reveal his secret. That night Benjamin touched himself three times over.

"The gate to hell had been opened, and nothing would ever be the same again."

After that night Benjamin touched himself every night, he knew it was wrong but he couldn’t stop himself. At the age of twenty-six he thinks he’s physically ill because of his problem. So he
Jewel
​The authors promised a filthy romp with The Art of Mutual Pleasure, and I know they always deliver, so this book was a must. And now that I've read it, I can tell you what we get is even more filthy dirty that I thought it would be! And it was delicious. So delicious. Especially that scene at the end. Oh, happy day!​

I had a good chuckle about the dangers on Onanism and a good belly laugh at what the unconventional doctor prescribed our Benjamin. OMG. And poor Benjamin bought it -- hook, line an
warhawke
Genre: M/M Historical Erotica
Type: Standalone Novella
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Benjamin Snowley was plagued by an embarrassing affliction. His fondness for self pleasure brought him great distress and he believed it was the reason for the decline of his health. And it didn't help that Frederick Cory, a man from his past that started his problem kept challenging his will. But a consultation with a radical doctor brought him hope for a cure. Thus began his journey of self discovery that would eith
Sophia Triad
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Everything started with that boy, Frederick Cory. Thirteen years old Benjamin was fascinated by him. When one night he followed him at the chapel and he saw what the seventeen years old Frederick did to seventeen years old George, Benjamin’s life changed forever.
Since then Benjamin became very ill and very weak.
And Frederick really was very cruel with Benjamin.

“Go. Go and say nothing. To anyone,” Frederick whispered. “Or I will make sure you suffer.”

10 years after, a “brilliant” doctor will “s
Christelle
**4.5 stars** : what a HOT surprise !!!

As many readers stated, it’s deliciously filthy and as the authors indicated in their blurb, it’s a “dirty (DIRTY) love story with a HEA that works for the characters”.
But it’s also very funny (the self pollution, the fear of not being able to produce semen anymore, and let’s not talk about the unorthodox treatment), as well as refreshing (Benjamin’s naivety is a piece of art) and poignant (Benjamin’s struggle to admit his sexuality).

A must-read !!!
chan ☆
smuttiest thing i've read in a while, for sure.

this was pretty twisted and definitely fetishy. lots of talk about "seed" and spilling it. so if that's your thing, maybe give this a go.

definitely not something i will personally be rereading but it wasn't bad per say. i don't rate smut but i'd say like 2 or 3 stars.
Trio
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh wow, that was even better than I could have hoped for. I read An Onanist's Journey to Reclaiming His Seed a few months ago and it was a really creative, fun story - my only complaint was I wanted more, more, more! In this rewrite the authors really develop Benjamin's character of a young man discovering his sexuality and learning to embrace it.

The introduction of Frederick was stellar, from Benjamin's awakening at 14, Freddy's character weaves in and out of the story and I couldn't wait for t
Martin
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am flushing beet red trying to put my review into words, LOL. Seriously.

On the one hand I totally liked Benjamin and his extraordinary 'problem', on the other, his naivety was quite overwhelming and the way the story ended didn't sit right with me at all.

But first things first. Benjamin Snowly is a young gentleman living around 1811. His view on morale is - shall we say - super conservative. Sex before marriage? No go. Gambling? Never. Two men fornicating? They might as well jump down the gate
Marion
4.5 Stars!
The Art of Mutual Pleasure is a beautifully written and unique story that is insanely HOT and insanely entertaining! It is pure Merikan- every delicious, dirty word.
It gets the extra half star because I had to create a new category on my shelf just for this book: wet my panties.
Enough said.
~Mindy Lynn~
FREE FOR ONLY 3 DAYS! SO GRAB IT BEFORE TIME RUNS OUT! 9-21-22-23-17

Ariana
Apr 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Yes, it was hot, as promised. Very hot! K.A. Merikan certainly know how to turn on the heat.
And it was enjoyable as a whole.

But...

Benjamin's naivety was only cute and excusable until a certain point. After that it started to irritate me a bit. I had no problem buying his confusion about masturbation. Vilifying things like that was a thing of the time. I could even push myself (just) to believe that he would let himself be taken in by the doctor.
But finding him (view spoiler)
River
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, arcs
This is the story of Benjamin, a young man with a serious problem or so he thinks.
if you read the blurb you know he likes to masturbate, a lot, and he thinks this is getting him ill so he seeks for help, but the doctor takes advantage of this clueless boy and the cure he has is unexpected.

Frederick is someone that Benjamin met years ago in an incident with another boy, they are goint to meet again and Frederick is goingt to give Benjamin everything he needs.

This book is wow, the sex scenes are
Cadiva
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All ends up brilliantly fulfilled. And that's just what shy, naive Benjamin gets when he sets off on his journey to enlightenment.

This is a very clever book, in that it looks at the Regency period when quacks peddling all kinds of ludicrous cures prayed on the folks of London and fleeced them of their hard earned coins.

It's also a highly erotic book, looking at one specific medical theorem which held that men only had so much semen in their bodies and spilling it by masturbating would weaken it.
Eugenia
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: uk, historical, mm-romance
I loved this book!!!! Sure, the background was a bit hazy and it didn’t really feel historical, but who cares? Benjamin is a naive young man who masturbates too much (according to him). He seeks help from a quack of a doctor who advises him to collect seed from strong working class men, orally or anally. Ben takes to it like a fish to water. Man!!! Does he collect or what!!!!! It’s freaking awesome and hilarious!

OK, read this book. It’s funny. It’s full of sex. Dirty sex. Public sex. Just my kin
CC
4.5 Stars!

Benjamin Snowley a young gentleman in the midst of a physical and emotional crisis due to his need for self-pleasure and being aroused by certain deviant acts. Feeling as though his urges for onanism are against societal norms, and because he wants a wife and child in the future, Benjamin seeks medical intervention for his affliction. Committed to healing himself, Benjamin sets out to reinvigorate his body and calm his mind.

“How can the same man be so graceful yet so debauched at th
Rachel
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story is unique.

I wish I could quote Elle's review verbatim or, just have my review state: “What Elle said,” but I will do my best to offer a few original thoughts.

Although this tale has elements of romance, it reads more to me like a character’s journey of self-discovery and self-actualization. My inner child wanted to make a joke about self-love, but I will try to resist…I will, however, use a lot of “self” phrases in this review (FYI).

Benjamin Snowley is a quiet, inhibited, scholarly yo
Adam
Buddy review with Chelsea!

I’ll acknowledge the obvious first: the premise of this book is silly and very unrealistic. But the authors were going for a light-hearted and sexy read, and they definitely accomplished that.

This book tells the story of Benjamin Snowley, an upper-class English gentleman who struggles with a major health concern - masturbation. He’s convinced that this his daily practice of “self-pollution” has resulted in his ailing health.

Benjamin consults a doctor with un
Chelsea
4.5 hearts Buddy read with Adam!!!

That was so much better than I was expecting! I didn’t have high expectations for this one, I don’t know why, I love K.A Merikan and I’m glad they proved me wrong and reminded me why I should always trust their writing!

This is more of a self-discovery story than a romance, but it ends romantically, or happily? I don’t know if you can call orgies romantic? Either way I totally loved it!

Poor Benjamin lives in a time where masterbation or ‘self-abuse’ is the cause
Laxmama
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow this was hot, I mean fun and a bit different for a historical - i guess I expect nothing less from K.A. Merikan.
Chris
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, lgbtq, historical
Holy smokes that was one steamy read - I would love more adventure with Benjamin & Freddie ! ...more
BobbyH
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written

Extremely well written book, about a man coming to terms with his sexuality . Not really my cup of tea but thought I would read something different and quite glad I did.
⚣Michaelle⚣
4.0 Stars

KAM books can be so hit-or-miss for me; sometimes I really connect to the story, other times I just want it to be over.

I could have read a DOZEN more sex scenes with Frederick watching Benjamin being completely debauched and it wouldn't have been enough for me. That scene in the brothel was ridiculously hot.

Sure, the premise was a bit hard to get over (even with the prologue) because the whole idea of a "medical professional" misleading someone to that extent really bothered me. It's no
Liza
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
When I read a book by KA Merikan, I know it is going to be a little twisted and I am going to love it. This was no exception. Poor Benjamin suffers from onanism. Simply put: he masturbates. He believes it is causing his poor health and goes in search of a cure. He finds a doctor who tells him he must absorb the seed of virile men or his own seed will waste away, leaving nothing for the woman he marries one day. He finds himself in a brothel, taking it from both ends, not realizing that the docto ...more
Marita Hansen
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh!! I didn't want that to end. Loved it. Dirty, sexy, erotic, and with such an amusing main character with the silliest of notions. So gullible and prudish (until a certain point). Benjamin's thoughts and way of talking was very entertaining. Definitely unique. And with the description, I assume that's Freddie on the cover, because Benjamin has dark, wavy locks, while Freddie's blond. #M/M *Read it in one day.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Gentle Hand (Perfect Hands #2)
  • Embracing Faith (Embrace #1)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Caring for Little Ollie (Different Hearts, #1)
  • Intoxicating (Elite Protection Services, #1)
  • Slow Hand (Perfect Hands, #4)
  • Soul on Fire
  • Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck #1)
  • The Other Book (Those Other Books, #1)
  • Human Omega: Trapped in the Alien Jungle (Pykh #2)
  • Prince for Sale (Thrall Prince #1)
  • Manners & Mannerisms
  • Fox and Birch (The Rowan Harbor Cycle, #3)
  • Alpha's Sacrifice (Irresistible Omegas, #1)
  • I'm Straight, Right? (Men of Fort Dale, #1)
  • Adam Only (Those Other Books #2)
  • A King to be Claimed (Our King, Our Master #1)
  • Firm Hand (Perfect Hands, #1)
(Goodreads profile run by Kat)

K. A. Merikan are a team of writers who try not to suck at adulting, with some success. Always eager to explore the murky waters of the weird and wonderful, K.A. Merikan don’t follow fixed formulas and want each of their books to be a surprise for those who choose to hop on for the ride.

K.A. Merikan have a few sweeter M/M romances as well, but they specialize in the d