Start by marking “The Art of Mutual Pleasure” as Want to Read:

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  256 Ratings  ·  88 Reviews
--- The path to debauchery is strewn with good intentions. ---

Benjamin Snowley is trapped in a most distressing predicament. He’s been feeling poorly and after having recently recovered from influenza, he knows that the fault for his declining health lies in a vice he wouldn’t dare mention in polite conversation.

Onanism, self-pollution, masturbation. All names for the sam
Published March 29th 2017 by Acerbi & Villani ltd

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Mutual Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Mutual Pleasure

Judith
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars.

Well,this was just delicious.

This is full of filthy goodness and extremely erotic....

Poor Benjamin is full of guilt over,what he considers,his dirty little secret.You see,Benjamin likes to Masterbate..a lot and he's absolutely mortified by it.From a young age he believed it was wrong but now,as an adult,he can't seem to stop himself-so much so,that he thinks his affliction is making him physically ill.

When he was young he knew other boys did it but refused to indulge until one night ch
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This book is a sexy, kinky romp filled with carnal pleasures and dirty secrets. It's also an account of one man's journey toward sexual and personal discovery.

The Merikans bring a tender, poignant edge to a story that could easily have sunk into the gutter.

Benjamin is uptight and naive, but his conservative clothes and prudish lectures hide a lustful heart. Benjamin is happiest on his knees playing the pretty whore.

Frederick wants to devour the beautiful Benjamin. An artist who follows Byron's
K.A. Merikan
Feb 23, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

:) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XVXF5JM

This baby is a heavily extended new edition of "An Onanist's Journey To Reclaiming His Seed". The story will still feature different sexual encounters and Benjamin Snowley's confusion with onanism, but going from 13k to almost 45k words, we've added a dirty (DIRTY) love story with a HEA that works for the characters.
Dia
4 really HOT stars!
*needs a bucket of ice to calm down*

This is definitely NOT a hearts and flowers, sweet and romantic book. If you've already read other books by K.A. Merikan (and if you haven't yet, you really have to!!!) well you kind of know what to expect: amazing writing, super HOT sex scenes, interesting characters and a lot of surprises.

This story is short, BUT oh SO very HOT! *sigh*

It's the story of Benjamin, a young man who in early 19th century finds himself in the position of hidi
Ele

After reading this blurb, you might wonder "What is this fresh hell? What is K.A.Merikan up to this time?". You might even find it silly. I assure you, it is not. The whole idea behind "The Art of Mutual Pleasure" is based on Dr. Samuel-Auguste Tissot's theory that masturbation can lead to mental and physical illness. In Regency era, this was a very common perception of masturbation, which was treated as a debilitating disease by medicine in the two following centuries.

The reason I'm telling you
Nazanin
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, m-m-romance
4 Stars

At the age of eleven, Benjamin was fascinated with Frederick who is seventeen. Every night he watched Frederick from afar, but one night he chased him to reveal his secret. That night Benjamin touched himself three times over.

"The gate to hell had been opened, and nothing would ever be the same again."

After that night Benjamin touched himself every night, he knew it was wrong but he couldn’t stop himself. At the age of twenty-six he thinks he’s physically ill because of his problem. So he
Jewel
The authors promised a filthy romp with The Art of Mutual Pleasure, and I know they always deliver, so this book was a must. And now that I've read it, I can tell you what we get is even more filthy dirty that I thought it would be! And it was delicious. So delicious. Especially that scene at the end. Oh, happy day!

I had a good chuckle about the dangers on Onanism and a good belly laugh at what the unconventional doctor prescribed our Benjamin. OMG. And poor Benjamin bought it -- hook, line and
warhawke
Genre: M/M Historical Erotica
Type: Standalone Novella
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Benjamin Snowley was plagued by an embarrassing affliction. His fondness for self pleasure brought him great distress and he believed it was the reason for the decline of his health. And it didn't help that Frederick Cory, a man from his past that started his problem kept challenging his will. But a consultation with a radical doctor brought him hope for a cure. Thus began his journey of self discovery that would eith
Sophia Triad
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Everything started with that boy, Frederick Cory. Thirteen years old Benjamin was fascinated by him. When one night he followed him at the chapel and he saw what the seventeen years old Frederick did to seventeen years old George, Benjamin’s life changed forever.
Since then Benjamin became very ill and very weak.
And Frederick really was very cruel with Benjamin.

“Go. Go and say nothing. To anyone,” Frederick whispered. “Or I will make sure you suffer.”

10 years after, a “brilliant” doctor will “s
Christelle
**4.5 stars** : what a HOT surprise !!!

As many readers stated, it’s deliciously filthy and as the authors indicated in their blurb, it’s a “dirty (DIRTY) love story with a HEA that works for the characters”.
But it’s also very funny (the self pollution, the fear of not being able to produce semen anymore, and let’s not talk about the unorthodox treatment), as well as refreshing (Benjamin’s naivety is a piece of art) and poignant (Benjamin’s struggle to admit his sexuality).

A must-read !!!
Trio
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh wow, that was even better than I could have hoped for. I read An Onanist's Journey to Reclaiming His Seed a few months ago and it was a really creative, fun story - my only complaint was I wanted more, more, more! In this rewrite the authors really develop Benjamin's character of a young man discovering his sexuality and learning to embrace it.

The introduction of Frederick was stellar, from Benjamin's awakening at 14, Freddy's character weaves in and out of the story and I couldn't wait for t
~Mindy Lynn~
FREE FOR ONLY 3 DAYS! SO GRAB IT BEFORE TIME RUNS OUT! 9-21-22-23-17

Marion
4.5 Stars!
The Art of Mutual Pleasure is a beautifully written and unique story that is insanely HOT and insanely entertaining! It is pure Merikan- every delicious, dirty word.
It gets the extra half star because I had to create a new category on my shelf just for this book: wet my panties.
Enough said.
Ariana
Apr 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Yes, it was hot, as promised. Very hot! K.A. Merikan certainly know how to turn on the heat.
And it was enjoyable as a whole.

But...

Benjamin's naivety was only cute and excusable until a certain point. After that it started to irritate me a bit. I had no problem buying his confusion about masturbation. Vilifying things like that was a thing of the time. I could even push myself (just) to believe that he would let himself be taken in by the doctor.
But finding him (view spoiler)
River
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, m-m
This is the story of Benjamin, a young man with a serious problem or so he thinks.
if you read the blurb you know he likes to masturbate, a lot, and he thinks this is getting him ill so he seeks for help, but the doctor takes advantage of this clueless boy and the cure he has is unexpected.

Frederick is someone that Benjamin met years ago in an incident with another boy, they are goint to meet again and Frederick is goingt to give Benjamin everything he needs.

This book is wow, the sex scenes are
Eugenia
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, historical, uk
I loved this book!!!! Sure, the background was a bit hazy and it didn’t really feel historical, but who cares? Benjamin is a naive young man who masturbates too much (according to him). He seeks help from a quack of a doctor who advises him to collect seed from strong working class men, orally or anally. Ben takes to it like a fish to water. Man!!! Does he collect or what!!!!! It’s freaking awesome and hilarious!

OK, read this book. It’s funny. It’s full of sex. Dirty sex. Public sex. Just my kin
Cadiva
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All ends up brilliantly fulfilled. And that's just what shy, naive Benjamin gets when he sets off on his journey to enlightenment.

This is a very clever book, in that it looks at the Regency period when quacks peddling all kinds of ludicrous cures prayed on the folks of London and fleeced them of their hard earned coins.

It's also a highly erotic book, looking at one specific medical theorem which held that men only had so much semen in their bodies and spilling it by masturbating would weaken it.
CC
4.5 Stars!

Benjamin Snowley a young gentleman in the midst of a physical and emotional crisis due to his need for self-pleasure and being aroused by certain deviant acts. Feeling as though his urges for onanism are against societal norms, and because he wants a wife and child in the future, Benjamin seeks medical intervention for his affliction. Committed to healing himself, Benjamin sets out to reinvigorate his body and calm his mind.

“How can the same man be so graceful yet so debauched at the
Adam
Buddy review with Chelsea!

I’ll acknowledge the obvious first: the premise of this book is silly and very unrealistic. But the authors were going for a light-hearted and sexy read, and they definitely accomplished that.

This book tells the story of Benjamin Snowley, an upper-class English gentleman who struggles with a major health concern - masturbation. He’s convinced that this his daily practice of “self-pollution” has resulted in his ailing health.

Benjamin consults a doctor with unor
Rachel
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story is unique.

I wish I could quote Elle's review verbatim or, just have my review state: “What Elle said,” but I will do my best to offer a few original thoughts.

Although this tale has elements of romance, it reads more to me like a character’s journey of self-discovery and self-actualization. My inner child wanted to make a joke about self-love, but I will try to resist…I will, however, use a lot of “self” phrases in this review (FYI).

Benjamin Snowley is a quiet, inhibited, scholarly yo
Chelsea
4.5 hearts Buddy read with Adam!!!

That was so much better than I was expecting! I didn’t have high expectations for this one, I don’t know why, I love K.A Merikan and I’m glad they proved me wrong and reminded me why I should always trust their writing!

This is more of a self-discovery story than a romance, but it ends romantically, or happily? I don’t know if you can call orgies romantic? Either way I totally loved it!

Poor Benjamin lives in a time where masterbation or ‘self-abuse’ is the cause
⚣❣☙ Cocky™ Michaelle ❧❣⚣
4.0 Stars

KAM books can be so hit-or-miss for me; sometimes I really connect to the story, other times I just want it to be over.

I could have read a DOZEN more sex scenes with Frederick watching Benjamin being completely debauched and it wouldn't have been enough for me. That scene in the brothel was ridiculously hot.

Sure, the premise was a bit hard to get over (even with the prologue) because the whole idea of a "medical professional" misleading someone to that extent really bothered me. It's no
☙ percy ❧
i have come to a very important conclusion.

i haven't been that fond of k.a. merikan's earlier works, but fucking hell they just get better and better as time goes on. christ. i can't wait to see what they come out with next!!!

also, this is the best erotica novella you will ever read in your life. guaranteed.
Laxmama
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow this was hot, I mean fun and a bit different for a historical - i guess I expect nothing less from K.A. Merikan.
Chris
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, mm, historical
Holy smokes that was one steamy read - I would love more adventure with Benjamin & Freddie !
Liza
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
When I read a book by KA Merikan, I know it is going to be a little twisted and I am going to love it. This was no exception. Poor Benjamin suffers from onanism. Simply put: he masturbates. He believes it is causing his poor health and goes in search of a cure. He finds a doctor who tells him he must absorb the seed of virile men or his own seed will waste away, leaving nothing for the woman he marries one day. He finds himself in a brothel, taking it from both ends, not realizing that the docto ...more
Marita Hansen
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh!! I didn't want that to end. Loved it. Dirty, sexy, erotic, and with such an amusing main character with the silliest of notions. So gullible and prudish (until a certain point). Benjamin's thoughts and way of talking was very entertaining. Definitely unique. And with the description, I assume that's Freddie on the cover, because Benjamin has dark, wavy locks, while Freddie's blond. #M/M *Read it in one day.
*Kayley*

I don't know, Regency just might not be my thing. I got so frustrated with Benjamin and his reasoning behind why he wouldn't stay true to himself.

Also, the whole doctor thing really made me roll my eyes. I mean....come on! The naivety was really getting on my nerves. I tried to keep the era in mind and what goes along with living in the 1800's but I just couldn't get into it.

On to the next!
Mimi
4.5 Orgasmic stars

Dirty Little Secrets

Carnal pleasures are seen as sinful behavior and Benjamin is guilt ridden because he can't stop.

After 10 years of indulging in his dirty little secret Benjamin believes he's physically Ill. And then we get a blast from Benjamin's past, Frederick who he was fascinated with in his youth. And we are off and running on this sexy rollercoaster called "The Art of Mutual Pleasure."

Kinky, sexy and insanely hot. My hat is tipped to these lovely ladies Kat and Agnes M
Nagisa Furukawa
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, wow! Okay!
It sure was super delicious! I'm still drooling over the hotness of this book.

So, I've read An Onanist's Journey to Reclaiming His Seed before, and while it was good (I gave it 3 stars) it wasn't -for lack of a better word - enough! 'Not Enough' as in Holy Cow it had potential to be more but why did it end so soon?!!
Reading this one? Man! I am smiling smugly in utter satisfaction!
It was sweet, beautifully written, hot, dirty, and totally worth reading!

Do I suggest it to all you c
(Goodreads profile run by Kat)

K. A. Merikan are a team of writers who try not to suck at adulting, with some success. Always eager to explore the murky waters of the weird and wonderful, K.A. Merikan don’t follow fixed formulas and want each of their books to be a surprise for those who choose to hop on for the ride.

K.A. Merikan have a few sweeter M/M romances as well, but they specialize in the d
More about K.A. Merikan

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Two By Two
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“I don’t think there is shame in it. You were so wild in your pleasure that night. I couldn’t find it in myself to look away. It delighted me to watch you so taken over by your need.” Benjamin” 1 likes
“Come here, my sweet,” Frederick said, gently coaxing Benjamin out of his hideout. There” 1 likes