Start by marking “Dawn and the Impossible Three” as Want to Read:
Dawn and the Impossible Three

Dawn and the Impossible Three

(Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #5)

Dawn Schafer is the newest member of The Baby-sitters Club. While she's still adjusting to life in Stoneybrook after moving from sunny California, she's eager to accept her first big job. But taking care of the three Barrett kids would be too much for any baby-sitter. The house is always a mess, the kids are out of control, and Mrs. Barrett never does any of the things she ...more
Published September 26th 2017 by Graphix

To ask other readers questions about Dawn and the Impossible Three, please sign up.
L. B. Bugle You cannot read books on Goodreads. You have to buy the book from a store or website. Hope you can get the book and read it, it's very good and the…moreYou cannot read books on Goodreads. You have to buy the book from a store or website. Hope you can get the book and read it, it's very good and the illustrations are really cute ^-^(less)

Start your review of Dawn and the Impossible Three
Shira
Oct 12, 2017 rated it liked it
kids won't notice that this isn't by telgemeier and will still love it. as a bsc lover and purist, though, I was a little confused by this book. for some reason they decided to combine Dawn and the Impossible Three with Hello, Mallory. both of those books have enough action and enough that is compelling that they merit their own books. the big problem with including aspects of hello, mallory in this book is that they completely ignore the jessi parts of that story. I know that taking jessi out ...more
Kris - My Novelesque Life
RATING: 4 STARS
(Review Not on Blog)

As a kid I LOVED the Baby-Sitters Club and would often spend hours scouring the library for the next title. Honestly, I probably read the series longer than I should have (reading level-wise), but it always felt like visiting friends. While I have never wanted to be a babysitter, I loved the club idea. As a bossy creative kid this was right up my alley. The friendships in this book was something I had always wanted. This was a series I grew up with and was my
Abby Johnson
Yay! The graphic novel adaptations of the Baby-Sitters Club series continue with a new comic artist, Gale Galligan. She has a very similar style as Telgemeier's (and worked as a production assistant on Telgemeier's DRAMA) and kids will love her adaptations, too. Put this on your radar because kids will want it! (Coming in Sept.)
Kayla (BOOKadoodles)
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
[4.5 stars] Really enjoyed the variety of panel work throughout this installment, as well as the use of inner monologue segments--I also appreciated how the story dipped into heavier topics. Hope Scholastic keeps producing these adaptations forever tbh.
Natalie
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m so sad that I’ve finished this series for now - until the July release. I have been enjoying this series so much. The girls are responsible and deal with some serious issues.

I will admit I don’t like Gale’s art quite as much as Raina’s, but this was still really cute and I can’t wait to read the next one.
Rachel
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another winner in the Baby-Sitters Graphic evolution, however, they switched artists for this one. This book was translated into graphics by Gale Galligan, and while I liked the newer artwork, my son said he preferred Raina Telgemeier because her art is "more cartoony." To each their own, right?

Again, this book touches on some pretty serious stuff. A negligent mother going through a rough divorce. A baby-sitting charge goes missing, and the usual, Kristy is feeling left out because when her mom
Sylwia (Wish Fulfillment)
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was great to see the characters and how their individual stories are progressing, along with how their friendships are growing and changing. And just like in the other books in the series, the girls have to tackle some heavy stuff. This volume highlighted the dangers of babysitting and I appreciated how it discussed the difference between babysitting and parenting. This series doesn't get enough hype!
Alice Rachel
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cute!
Maggie Gordon
If you were worried about the switch in artists for this series, I have to say that Gale Galligan makes an excellent replacement with art that is full of energy! I am still enjoying the subtle changes to the stories to make them fit in 2017. This particular volume about Dawn was an excellent story about fostering resilience and maturity in younger girls. Dawn found herself in a difficult situation with a new babysitting job, and she had to take on a lot of responsibilities that were unfair. Not ...more
Manasi
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stephanie Tournas
Those who adore the Babysitters Club graphic novels have something to cheer about: a fifth title in this ever popular series. Dawn, the newest member of the club, accepts a job babysitting at the Barrett's, where the kids are off the wall and the place is a mess. Dawn has to decide how to talk to Mrs. Barrett about the mayhem. She also has to contend with an increasingly grumpy Kristy, who is president of the club. Although the four previous books in the series were written and illustrated by ...more
Christine
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my favorite of the first group of books in the original series. It was lovely to revisit it in a new form, but I much preferred the images of them on the original covers to the graphic novel versions. Still, if it's this or not reading the series at all, certainly a young person should read this. The charm is retained and my love of Dawn remains.
Sara
Professional Review written for WASHYARG:

Dawn is one of the newest members of The Babysitter’s Club, and she’s still trying to prove her worth. For some reason, the club’s founder and president, Kristy, doesn’t seem to like her that much. To make matters worse, Dawn has started to babysit for the Barrett’s. The kids themselves are wild enough – but their mom is the real problem. In this fifth installment of the Baby-Sitter’s Club graphic novel series, cartoonist Gale Galligan gracefully takes
Logan Hughes
Dec 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: babysitters-club
The fifth graphic novel, and first of Gale Galligan's run as cartoonist, is a sort of combo adaptation of BSC #5, Dawn and the Impossible Three, and BSC #14, Hello, Mallory.

To start with the good, I really love Gale's art.It's quite different from Raina's, but I feel like it also goes really well with the material. It's a little more shoujo and anime-y, and it's very pretty and sweet. (The shoujo style especially works for glamorous Mrs. Barrett.) It's also very expressive, with plenty of
Simone
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: popsugar-2018
5 stars

a book with a time of day in the title

So heartwarming! Such nostalgia. Super cute illos!
Estela
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: graphic novel lovers!
Shelves: quarter-2
I just love Gale's art style. I don't know why, it just seems so free, and fluid! Other than that, this book was one of my favorite graphic novels I read this quarter. It had a nice plot, and I really liked how they showed that Dawn, bearing the weight of this mom's kids talked it out with the mother. Absolutely one of my favorite Baby-Sitters Club (graphic novel). Told from the main character-Dawn- P.O.V, the setting is mainly at the Barrot's house. AND HERE COMES THE TITLE--> "The ...more
ReaganNoelle
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mary Ann's mom and Dawn's dad are dating. And Mary Ann's dad is letting her redecorate her room to butter her up because he is dating Dawn's mom. Mal joins the babysitters club. My favorite character is Dawn because she babysits and can make even cleaning up a game to get the kids to do things that no kids really want to do. I liked that Dawn said "anytime" not thinking that it would reall mean "all the time." That's why she is my favorite character.
Amelia
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was great! I thought this book was not going to be that good because this book is from a new character Dawns perspective and I thought it wouldn't be that interesting/important as the other books in the series. But, it turns out this book was also a very important book in this series and I hope they make more! So, I rate this book 5 STARS!
Jasmine
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this, even with the change of illustrators. The drama didn't seem as intense in this one as it did in some of the others. Still a cute story.
Kristin
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love that the BSC is getting a fresh makeover in graphic novel form.
Danielle
Wasn’t a fan of the way they combined Dawn and the Impossible Three with Hello Mallory, especially because they didn’t add in Jessi.
Alexandra
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love these new editions of the BSC so much. I was a little disappointed when I read that Raina Telgemeier would not be illustrating this volume but Gale Galligan is wonderful & I will definitely continue reading the series with her artwork.
Jenna
Enjoyed the new artist and while I’ve never read the original series, they do go through a wide variety of contemporary topics and issues.
Charnell (Reviews from a Bookworm)
I'm checking a bunch of GN for work - this will be perfect for the intended audience, which is very much not me.
Rachel Piper
Re-reading these as graphic novels feels less pathetic than it would otherwise.
Jo
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the best one yet. I can’t believe how serious the books were - all the complex things we were able to work through as child readers. So so good.
Sarah Alabdulkarim
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
it's amazing I mean how do these baby-sitters handle everything!
Katie Solt
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series
Anna
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an awesome book and I think it was the best one in the series. I rated it 5 out of 5 stars because it has more drama and more action than the rest of the books in the series. Like when Dawn lost on of her kids she was babysitting for and they had to call the police. I am looking forward to reading more books (if they make them) in this series.
Katelyn Marie
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was a thrilling book in the series and Dawn handled everything spectacularly.

• Guts
  • Sisters
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • Drama
  • Swing it, Sunny
  • Smile
  • Ghosts
  • Real Friends (Real Friends, #1)
  • Sunny Rolls the Dice
  • Click
  • Positively Izzy
  • Crush (Berrybrook Middle School, #3)
  • Sunny Side Up (Sunny, #1)
  • Sisters - Free Preview Edition
  • Invisible Emmie
  • Karen's Witch (Baby-Sitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #1)
  • Just Jaime
  • Camp
Gale Galligan (she/they) is a cartoonist living in Pleasantville, New York. Her first two graphic novels, BABY-SITTERS CLUB #5: DAWN AND THE IMPOSSIBLE THREE and BABY-SITTERS CLUB #6: KRISTY’S BIG DAY, both became bestsellers on a few different lists (including the New York Times!), and also received compliments from some very nice children Gale knows.

Gale holds an MFA in Sequential Art from the

Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels (9 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea
  • The Truth About Stacey
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day
  • Claudia and Mean Janine
  • Kristy's Big Day
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey
  • The Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #1-7: A Graphix Collection: Full-Color Edition
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novel #8) (The Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels)