Start by marking “Chirri & Chirra, The Snowy Day” as Want to Read:
Chirri & Chirra, The Snowy Day

Chirri & Chirra, The Snowy Day

(Chirri & Chirra)

Chirri and Chirra travel into the heart of an ice palace, where they discover all sorts of wonderful sights!
Published September 26th 2017 by Enchanted Lion Books (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Chirri & Chirra, The Snowy Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chirri & Chirra, The Snowy Day

Start your review of Chirri & Chirra, The Snowy Day
Hilary
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those looking for a good bedtime read.
Recommended to Hilary by: Suggested library buy
Another beautiful book by author/illustrator Kaya Doi. Chirri and Chirra cycle off for another adventure, this time they find a door made of ice and when they enter they find a whole world of beautiful, cute animals doing all sorts of everyday things in an ice world, playing games, visiting a library, ice skating, playing instruments, so much to look at. This author has a very good imagination, there are lots of inventive detail such as when they play marbles, the marbles are made of frozen ...more
Laura Harrison
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely delightful book. The third book in a series. Detailed, magical and a perfect compact child size. Kayo Doi is quite gifted and knows exactly which art style will appeal to children best. Chirri & Chirra, The Snowy Day is the perfect seasonal or every day book. One of my very favorite 2017 releases!
Raidene
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Another charming entry in the Chirri & Chirra picture book series by talented Japanese author and illustrator Kaya Doi. The girls are back as they capture the essence of the season on the first snowy day of the year. Again, the natural world and the animals take center stage as we follow the girls on their journey. A beautiful book that embraces the simpler things in life.
Robin Stevens
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An utterly adorable, sweetly and beautifully illustrated picture book that tells a delightful Japanese winter story. There's a lot to look at in the illustrations, and Chirri & Chirra are charming. (3+)

Irena Freitas
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Achei as ilustrações lindas, mas a história esquecível.
Earl
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
The third installment in this charming series from Japan is full of winter wonderland surprises from hot springs to steamed buns and the from the first snow fall to stargazing with new friends.
Hannah
My all-time favorite picture book duo is back, and this time they are exploring a snowy wonderland that is just as full of gentle magic and delicious treats as the previous two adventures. Open this book and find a world where you are always welcome and everything is just the right size!
Becky B
Chirri & Chirra set out on their bikes into the woods as the snow starts to fall. They come across an icy cave filled with animals and all sorts of fun activities and yummy food.

Chirri & Chirra are adorable and have such magical, whimsical adventures. I totally would have written fan fiction about adventures in this icy world if I had read this as a child. I love the illustration style and the imagination. Highly recommended to kids with great imaginations and a love of fantasy, and
Raven Black
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Chirri & Chirra books are extremely surreal. You can hear the translation as sometimes the wording does not flow naturally on the ears. You can enjoy the story, but you have to suspend belief at times. Not that it is a bad thing, but if you are looking for realism, Doi's books are probably not what you are looking for. However, if you like a casual, seemly natural mix of fantastic and realism, the Chirri & Chirra books are perfect. And the illustrations are very sweet, old-school, ...more
mary dewley
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Every page is white and fluffy and fun! Not quite sure how Chirri and Chirra were able to peddle their bicycles through a forest of snow, but the forest and all the critters within seem to be magical. On the other hand, the ending can be interpreted as a dream within a dream, or one in which the children are no longer living, having perished during the storm. But without having read the other books in the series, its hard to know.
Marina
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
The illustrations are fantastic! But, as for the text, I think something may be getting lost in the translation from the Japanese. There was a lot of very basic, procedural-type words (They pedal through an icy passageway. They come to a great hall. After a while, there is an announcement. Etc., etc.)
Cheryl
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
I feel like I should like this series, and I totally respect the people who do. But I guess I've never been imaginative enough to fill in the characters and plot around the world-building. It's a wonderful world that the children get to explore, but insubstantial. Have read the three to which I had access, won't seek more.
Esther May
The story of these cute sisters was fine and fun to read, but I really liked the pictures in this book. I also liked that this book could be about twins. I don't know if they are twins, but they certainly could be. I love to find books about twins.
Wild Family
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ultra-cute! We so enjoy this book. Rosalie, age 6, and Gabriel, 4, appreciate the sounds of bicycle bells as the characters ride through creative landscapes, visiting animal friends, finding colorful treasures.
Chirri and Chirra, who live among the forest animals, have a perfect winter day, complete with an onsen and a shooting star show snuggled up with the bear family. Dreamy pictures and a cozy story to enjoy whenever you are all bundled up or stuck inside. So cute I am bursting!
Kelly
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Light story, easy to follow, very whispy.
Peacegal
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just love these gently surreal tales. They are relaxing and dreamlike.
Guilherme Semionato
Shelves: 2018, je
This is a cute story.
Stacey
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
A magical adventure with beautiful art.
Megan McCloud
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
These stories show great imagination.
Ms.Gaye
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Very imaginative tale of 2 identical girls' adventures in a frozen forest with all sorts of wild animals. Small format with pastel images done in colored pencil. Ages 3-5
Angela
Jul 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: pb
Sweet and imaginative. Good nap time and bedtime read.
Lindsey
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
The illustrations carried this book.
Pat Mills
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, design, humour
Charming illustrations. A fantasy of a fun winter day. Lots of detail in some spots. Over 50 animals in one two-page spread. Fuzzy and happy.
Alison
Cute little book was amazing illustrations
Robin
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ridiculously charming. Recommended for ages 3-6.
Michelle
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The Chirri & Chirra series features two girls that go on magical bike adventures together and they are by far the cutest picture books ever to be in existence. ...more
Steph
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I love this story! The illustrations are perfection!
Amy
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Darling illustrations and whimsical, fantastical story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Remember Balloons
  • Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree
  • The Rough Patch
  • Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth

Chirri & Chirra (5 books)
  • Chirri & Chirra