Start by marking “The Lords of Miami: To Catch Her” as Want to Read:
The Lords of Miami: To Catch Her

The Lords of Miami: To Catch Her

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  72 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
Tomás Ramírez was the youngest son of his organized crime family, and the only smear they carried on their perfect lineage. He was brazen, defiant, and shamelessly sexual, with a sadistic streak that left me lying awake at night wondering what he would do to me, or my body, next. He was the type of man that made me hate him while I clung to him.
Oh… and did I mention he’s
Published February 22nd 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Lords of Miami, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lords of Miami

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

description

PLEASE NOTE It has come to my attention that the ARC I received has formatting issues that included a whole chapter being missing. Having read that now the book made a WHOLE lot more sense. Thus my rating will be adjusted to 4-Stars to reflect that fact.

This book started off ROUGH. I am not going to sugar coat it. Chapter one starts off with both the hero and heroine being 19 or 20. Mikayla is a cam girl and Tomás is one of her clients. Both have feelings for the other even though they don't kn
Aɤɩ
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
2 stars

You can read the uncensored review @ Readin' Under Street-Lamps.

Ok no. I really did not like this book.

The characters bored the living fuck out of me, and it took me forever to finish it.

This is what I was expecting:

This is what I got:

Instead of badass mafia guys, we were given preppy pretty boys with guns in their hands. I was so disappointed with this book that it was not funny. I was really expecting a hardcore dark romance, but all we get in the end are teddy bears and pink balloons
Expresso-Girls Just Wanna Have Books  ; A Mafia Romance
***Disclaimer: We were notified via email of formatting issues with the ARC copies received earlier this week. Corrected ARCs were distributed tonight. My review will be amended to reflect the new ARC once read.*** Expresso, 02/19/17

I have mixed feelings regarding this story. The beginning of the story is totally discombobulated. Chapter one offers insight into Tomas and Mikayla's initial meetings. Their meetings are a little odd but therapeutic on some level. Chapter two jumps 8-9 years later w
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
When I saw that Alice K. Wayne was writing a mafia story, I was intrigued. I love her work in paranormal romance and wanted to see what her writing style would be like in this genre as well. While it wasn't as dark as I'm used to in this genre, this novel was sexy, filled with alpha hotness, a sassy heroine and an entertaining cast of characters that I could not get enough of. I thoroughly enjoyed this novel!

Tomás Ramirez, son of a reigning mafia boss and Mikayla Jones have a past. Due a dirty
WendyW ~ Girls Just Wanna Have Books
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: february
***DISCLAIMER - 02/20/2017 - Review subject to change due to an error in formatting and missing components of the ARC that was distributed. I will update this review once I have had a chance to re-read.***

For me the beginning of this book was a bit muddled. It starts off with both the characters interacting at a young age, then it leapfrogs to years later and the two have a working relationship with no development or preparation. It is evident that the backstory is incomplete and it leaves the r
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
Wow this book was not what I was expecting from the get go! Yes I knew there was going to be some major mobish family drama. I read the blurb and researched the story. But like within every family, there were secrets hidden from us that come out within the story. This book had a lot of twists within the characters and how they handled themselves.

In this book, To Catch Her, we learn of the story between Mikayla and Tomas. Oh and their family. You get twisted in the drama. But at the same time I
Stina Andersen
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book and in return I would give an honest review!
I liked it!

The Ramírez crime syndicate, one of the three crime families that controls Miami.
Here you get to know the three brothers Santiago (the though one), Mateo(the charmer)and Tomás (family's black sheep)And the rest of the family.

And then there's Mikayla Jones. The strong, naïve, hurricane of a woman! She got a back bone and big heart!
"Instead of being able to count on the police, she had been able to depend on a c
Ashley Westphall-carr
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I've read both of Ms. Wayne's paranormal books and I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book since she was stepping into a new genre. I thoroughly enjoyed this book!!!

Tomás is the youngest son of a crime syndicate in Miami. Mikayla is paying her way through college being a camgirl. They meet up on the website Mikayla is camming for and Tomás ends up buying two nights a week so she will be his for the night. They talk about anything and everything after she gives Tomás the show tha
Nikki Malan  Hot Books & Sassy Girls Book Blog
The Lords of Miami: To Catch Her by Alice K. Wayne
The prologue is about the two Protagonists in their late teens. Mikayla is a cam girl trying to put herself through college and Tomas is her client. The two develop feelings for one another and yet neither has seen one another. Years later their paths cross again. Tomas recognizes Mikayla when she comes to work for him and his family. He decides to have some fun with her. Mikayla does not like her boss but cannot deny the chemistry between them a
Ashley Marie
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AHHHH, seriously that ending?! You're killing me smalls. I loved this book. While I loved how original and different the beginning was about Mikayla being a cam girl and meeting Tomás it was a little confusing just jumping into chapter two the way it did with no more information about the time jump. But once it all started coming together I couldn't put it down. I was completely sucked in. I loved all the different character POVs that set up perfectly for book two. I loved, loved, LOVED all the ...more
Jess~Two Darlin' Dolls & a Book Review
3.5 to 4 Stars

*I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review on behalf of Two Darlin' Dolls and a Book Review

To Catch Her is a good starter book. It revolves around the two main characters. Mikayla, we first meet her as a webcam girl trying to make a living. Coming from a poor life but she works very hard for a living. Losing her father and having an alcoholic mother she does whatever she can to survive and put herself through college.

On the other end of the screen is Tomás. The youngest i
Brigitte
To Catch Her is a good introduction the Ramirez, an organised crime family. It's quite different to the mafia novels that I have read but just as compelling.

Tomás is the youngest of the three Ramirez brothers. Santiago is the oldest and the most responsible. Mateo is in the middle, quite laid back and popular with the ladies. Tomás is considered to be the least responsible. He was the rebel teenager and still a troublemaker in some ways.

Mikayla comes from a very poor background. Since losing h
Lea ★
ARC kindly provided by Social butterfly PR.

This is my first book by Alice K. Wayne and I was really excited when I read the blurb... and that cover?! Amazing!
I am a huge sucker for dark romance and mafia themed reads. It's my thing...sue me! :)
This was okay. I can't give it more than 3 stars because (and this is probably just me) it lacked of depth. I couldn't connect to the characters, and I had a feeling I was missing a background story.
I kept reading but I still felt bored.
It does end on c
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
This is quite an intense and interesting gem of a story that I really enjoyed reading!

Tomas and Mikayla definitely got their start in a very unconventional way and I loved this! There's definitely a lot going on here and this kept me on the edge of my seat needing to know what was going to happen next the entire time while reading this. The Ramirez family is one that I wouldn't want to cross paths with even in the best of circumstances, but I did admire the way they take care of their own no ma
Heather andrews
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tomás just doesn't understand his woman at times, "he went off on a tangent of Spanish words, pacing around his living room, looking ready to tear his hair out. “You don’t make any sense! Sex is totally fine, but sleeping in the same bed is weird?” why had God punished him with such a creature?" I liked that Mikayla could be surprised by Tomas "he was cooking for her, and it was bacon. Hot ***n, Tomás Ramírez might have been the perfect man." I have to say jealous looks real good on Tomás, “who’ ...more
Ashley
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I received an arc of this book and am choosing to honestly review it! I'd give this book a 9/10 on my grading scale.

I really freakin loved this book! Mikayla is a seemingly average reporter, but has the agenda of making it big in her world. So she agrees to go undercover and work as a secretary to the youngest crime syndicate's son. Little would she know that they had technically met years before and that he knows all the vulnerable things about herself she wishes she could forget.

What I loved a
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
The blurb for The Lords of Miami: To Catch Her really caught my attention and made me want to read this book. As far as steamy sex goes, this book has it in spades! If you're looking for lots of heat, look no further.

The characters, Mikayla and Tomás, were well developed and likable. I just never felt the chemistry between them, despite the great sex. There were a lot of secondary characters and family members in the story, which I found somewhat distracting.
I enjoyed the steamy sex, but the plo
Rachel
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: given-by-author, 2017
Whoo! Girl! The things Alice K. Wayne can make you feel, make you fathom as normal, make you crave. This book is a departure from her previous novels, but still her writing style, and well within her wheelhouse. I was pulled into the story. I was dragged through the trauma. I became a voyeur with scenes so steamy I had to put the book down and fan myself. Lordy! I am officially fully invested in the Ramírez family. Pick this one up, you won't regret it.
Thai Holman
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really did enjoy this story. Its a mafia book and something different from Alice. It has twists and turns and lots off drama that holds you in.
The characters are great with lots of chemistry. There is lots going on that will keep you in this. With this type of read I was hoping it would have been darker but besides that I still did enjoy it.
Books Laid Bare
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Almost 4 Stars
frustrated often but this one had me just about ready to throw in the towel!
While the Ramirez boys are as different as three brothers could possibly, they are also connected by a family that plays by its own rules.
Santiago is the eldest of the brothers and as you might expect he wears responsibility well, and while ladies’ man Tomás is propping up the other end of the trio as the baby of the bunch, it is Mateo in the middle that seems to scream trouble from every pore, I have a fe
Lisa
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Holy hell, what did I just read and how could it end like that?!?!! This book is good. It has so many twists and turns. So many characters and stories intertwined together. I couldn't put it down! When is the next book? I need to know what happens next...
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

This is my first book by Alice K. Wayne and I'm happy to report that is was simply fantastic. I have a weakness for mafia romances... and they can be hard to come by when you are looking for something special. But Wayne delivered on all fronts and left me on the edge of my seat for just a little bit more.

The Lords of Miami: To Catch Her is the first installment in this thrilling series. Packed full of heart, heat and suspense, this story took me on a journey full of ups, downs, and every
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted To Catch Her (The Lords of Miami #1) in an ARC in exchanged for a honest review. This was my first time reading a book by Alice K. Wayne, and I must say she made me a fan of her work. I am giving this book 5 stars because it had so much going on it was never boring. And I liked how the writer is introducing possible new characters for who might be in the next couple of books. I loved when a author does that so that way we can get to know them before they get their own story because ...more
Romance Between The Sheets
What I first love about The Lords of Miami: To Catch Her is the cover, I think it is beautiful and so different and fits perfectly with the story inside. The beginning of this story details how they met and why he wants To Catch Her, this is the first story that I have read about camming.

The connection between Tomas and Mikayla is brilliant and their friendship and romantic journey was excellent and I love how he called her Jones and their banter both humorous and erotic was spot on. The relatio
Araceli
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story, Alice did a great job with this book. Loved the story of Mikayla Jones (Jonesy) and Thomas Rodriguez.
She was a poor girl trying to get by in life and make money to get through college any way possible. He was the youngest son of a mafia crime family in Miami. She had nothing and he had everything and yet felt empty until her.
Alice did great with this book and had me hooked from the beginning until the end!! Can't wait for the next book!!!
Wit & Wonder Books
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

To Catch Her (The Lords of Miami, #1) by Alice K Wayne is a mafia romance.  I did enjoy the story and it reminded me of a soap opera in novel format as we are introduced to several people and have jumps through time in which the characters age.

Tomás Ramirez is the son of a mafia boss that is obsessed with Mikayla Jones. Tomás blackmails Mikayla and forces her to work as his personal assistant. We see the story of rival gangs and t
The Book Fairy Reviews
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
A powerful story of love and suspense. Danger and passion. A family filled with loyalty, deceit and betrayal. Mikayla and Tomas are the main characters in this book that is addicting in the best of ways. It leaves us in a cliff hanger but not only craving for more, but begging for it.
There story starts pure but then turns to deception but through it all their love is what keeps them in sync.
I was enthralled with the characters. Sucked into their drama and begging for the next page to give me m
Reckless Readers
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
So I'm on the fence about the novel. There is some gaps in the story that had me some what confused. It was like a huge jump without actually telling you what is happening. I had to go back to make sure I didn't miss anything. It's a strong novel and the characters are a huge plus. Each one is unique and given enough detail that it's about more that just two people, Tomas and Mikayla. The family aspect for Tomas, was completely different than most mafia stories. His family has a heart.
This has
Rachel
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first Alice book, and it didn't dosappoint! Loved it!
Chasidy
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first book from Alice K. Wayne and I enjoyed it. This is the first in a series and I look forward to reading the rest.
Tomas and Mikayla had a different start to their relationship. The sex between is steamy. Their were a lot of secondary characters and family in the story. At first it was a little distracting, but I eventually got them all sorted out. The characters and story was well developed. Overall, it was a good read.
« previous 1 3 next »
I write sexy, page turning, romance. Whether you like alpha males that bite, or bad boys who make you shiver, i've got you covered. http://amzn.to/2soRP7H
More about Alice K. Wayne...