Start by marking “The Battle of Watling Street” as Want to Read:
The  Battle of Watling Street

Read Book

The Battle of Watling Street

A historical science fiction mystery set in 1st century AD Roman-occupied Britain.

Britannia, AD61. Following her disgrace at the hands of the occupying Roman forces, the Iceni Queen Boudicca rouses her own and neighbouring tribes against the Romans, laying waste to Londinium and slaughtering tens of thousands.

Boudicca’s forces clash with the legionary might of the Roman
Kindle Edition
Published February 22nd 2017 by Bright Shine Press

To ask other readers questions about The Battle of Watling Street, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Battle of Watling Street

Start your review of The Battle of Watling Street
Gail Jamieson Stanton
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Congratulations on The Battle of Watling Street. Well researched and a good read. Looking forward to your next book!
C. A. Powell
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A strange and compelling story of Queen Boudicca and her daughters after the Battle of Watling Street. The Iceni are defeated and the queen’s remnant of warriors arrive at a small Catuvellauni village in need of shelter and food. Among the shocked and bedraggled survivors is a lame youngster called Dedo. Through this young man’s eyes, we see a bizarre twist to the fate of the Iceni queen – an uncanny yet sure end to the Iceni cause. A compelling read for anyone who enjoys historical or outer wor ...more
David
Jennica
Jan 08, 2019
Bill Sullivan
Mar 16, 2020
Hi! I'm Margaret McGoverne, and I'm fascinated with the rich historical tapestry of my native Great Britain; I love travelling to regions and countries rich in history, and infusing my love for historical turbulence, mysteries, and science fiction into my writing.

The Battle of Watling Street is my first published work of fiction, an alternate history novella that re-imagines the end of the Celtic

News & Interviews

“What had these people done to deserve a band of desperate rebels turning up on their doorsteps, and now more trouble!

Yet, what had any of them done, what gods had they displeased to deserve the calamity that was the Romans?”
0 likes