Start by marking “The Widow's Keeper” as Want to Read:
The Widow's Keeper

The Widow's Keeper

(The Second Wife #2)

No matter how fast or far you run, your past will follow...

Three years have passed, and Ally's memories of her kidnapping and torture still haunt her. Determined to keep her demons at bay, David refuses to leave her side.

Until...

The lies woven to protect come unraveled. Ally has no choice but to return to the land that once imprisoned her. This time, instead of the sociopa
Published April 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Widow's Keeper, please sign up.
Kishan Paul Hi Lizzie,
Hi Lizzie,
The Widow's Keeper will address their healing after the kidnapping and the reader will see David and Ally's life together. (less)
Kishan Paul Hi Lizzie,

Hi Lizzie,

Thank you for asking. The Widow's Keeper will end with a happy for now and yes, there will be a Book 3. (less)

Start your review of The Widow's Keeper
Heather
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
For anyone who read The Second Wife, this is a must read. This tells the story of what happened after Ally was rescued and reunited with her husband and family. Plenty of drama and suspense, it's a terrific follow-up novel.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this novel.
Shaila
Apr 18, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
OMG! Book 1 was AMAZING! I can't wait to start this!
Helen Simpson
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW A TRULY AMAZING BOOK. I WASN'T SURE HOW KISHAN COULD FOLLOW ON FROM THE SECOND WIFE BUT MY GOD SHE DID. A BOOK THAT HAS EASILY SURPASSED ITS PREDECESSOR IN SUBSTANCE AND DEPTH. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE.
Jenn Allen
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gut wrenching, heart twisting, ugly cry, box of tissues, and wine.... that's how I dealt with this story of Ally. Her soul ripping pain, her undying love, and an unimaginable strength pulled me in so deep that I'm still crying as I write this. It's honest and real, the sadness swirled around bits of happiness. The writing is amazing, the words make you feel like you are bleeding and even when I wanted and needed to set it down to catch my breath, I found I couldn't for very long. I had to keep r ...more
Deb Diem
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! The Widow's Keeper by Kishan Paul is another edge of your seat read by this talented author. Ms Paul has given us a well-written story and filled it with amazing characters. Ally's saga continues from The Second Wife and yes, you may shed a tear or two, but oh, what an amazing tale. Ms Paul brings Ally's struggle to life in the pages of this book. The drama, action and suspense will hold readers captive from the first page to the last. I LOVED The Widow's Keeper and look forward to the nex ...more
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nothing short of amazing….

The story that Kishan Paul has crafted in The Second Wife and now The Widow’s Keeper is hands down becoming a cult classic in my opinion. The Widow’s Keeper seamlessly melds the two stories together and picks up after The Second Wife ends. (This is a not so subtle hint that you should read The Second Wife first!) There aren’t enough words to express my extreme love for this book. I was thrilled to find out that the author decided to write a continuation to the first boo
Caroline Woodhall
Wow what a powerful storyline. I couldn't put this book down it had me engrossed. You really felt for what ally went though and the way it was written you could imagine yourself there as everything was described so clear. An amazing read.
Myrna Richmond
Shelves: finshed, finished
I have just finished the widow keeper and I am blown away by it. This is an exceptional follow on from the second wife. I loved that book and this one exceeds all my expectations.I was practically holding my breath all the way through and my chest was tight and tears in my eyes. Kishan Paul is a phenomenal writer and I can't praise her enough. Not even 10 stars would be enough for how many I think this book deserves.
Deb Le
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adored the first book and wasn't sure where the follow up would lead. I need not have fretted, this one is just as moving and impressive. The quality of the writing is phenomenal. The plot is a work of a art. Thank you so much for trusting me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review, it's a beautiful book on a heart rending theme.
Sandra Singleton
Great book. Wonderful plot and characters. Volunteered to read advance copy for honest review.
Cynthia
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just when I think if she goes the way I think she will she is going to piss me off she turns the tables goes that way and makes me enjoy it. This doesn’t have as much action or darkness as the first one had but it is just as good with an ending that will lead into the next book in the series. It was hard for me to get a handle on Shariff his emotions or mind was all over the place which made it a great read. At times I didn’t care for him and others I felt sorry for him. David and Alyah story al ...more
Jennifer Pierson
I'm pretty sure that The Widow's Keeper wrecked me even more than The Second Wife did. Oh, and by the way, YOU MUST READ The Second Wife FIRST before taking on this story. See, it's been a couple of years since Ally came home with David, and it's been a hard road. She still has so many nightmares from her captivity, and David is having a hard time letting her out of his sight. I want to say here that Kishan Paul was simply brilliant with the healing process because it wasn't overnight, so it def ...more
Izzie d
Once I found out at the very start from a sample on Kindle that in this book David, her husband is dead I no longer had any interest in reading this series. In book 1 his death and well being was used as a threat for her to comply with her treatment from the baddie so to find he is dead I didn't see the point.

To me they needed their HEA together not with him being happy she's safe or happy he had helped her heal or whatever reason that is going to be given.
The only reason I would have considered
Beyond The Covers Blog
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romaine
After Alisha's rescue, David was always patient with her. With his love and support he helped her peel back the layers that haunted her until she found the beautiful woman she once was....

Until....it all vanished. No love. No support. No David.

Alisha agreed to go to a clinic in Germany not only to help her with her grief but to keep her safe. Little did she know that history would repeat itself.

I felt that deep down Shariff could have been a good man once he had gotten what belonged to him. But
Kelly Graham
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am absolutely loving this series.
Ali's life is turned upside down yet again but the strength she posessed in book 1 still remains.
The first part of this book goes backwards and forwards in time quite a bit showing you how Ali with her loving husband David's help tries to recognize her triggers from her 2year hell with Sayeed and overcome them to have a normal loving relationship and life again.
3 years to the day of her kidnapping her world comes crashing down around her again. Can she survive
Sharon Watson-azmier
OMG this book was everything I imagined the second part to Ally's story would be and more.
It was full of love , regret, sadness , horror and a woman finding the strength to move into a new chapter in her life.
This book sucks you in and digs down deep into your emotions, some parts were hard for me to read but I couldn't stop wanting to find out where the author was going next with the story.
Kishan is a true artist with her storytelling, her words paint a vivid picture of what is going on in the
Wolfgirl18
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the second book just as much as the first. After escaping from her nightmare, tragedy strikes a hard blow to Ali. She is then thrust back in to a world that she thought was long behind her. Once again I see that Ali is looking out for the innocent individuals around her and not herself. This is what I love about her character. She would sacrifice her own life for the innocent child of her former captures wife. Then one of her "son's" comes back into her life but has betrayed her ...more
Rachel
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Widow’s Keeper by Kishan Paul

This is the second book in the Widow series and should be read in order, to get the most from the story. I was amazed, shocked and uncomfortable reading the first novel, The Second Wife, and this book follows the theme. I loved every page, while holding strong feelings for fictional characters; loving some and despising others.

The story is well written and thoroughly captivating. Every word pulls you further into a world that keeps your pulse racing and your bre
P
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced and good!

This is a very good continuation of the series, but I do like book #1 better than this book (#2). Primarily because Shariff wasn’t really believable - I was never able to figure him out. I ended up accepting that he was just unbalanced, and the mixed signals resulted. Again, sooo much pain, senseless murders of good people, kidnappings, missed opportunities, etc.... Ally has had so many bad things happen in her life, but she’s strong and goes to the extremes to protect those
Ewa
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book bring some peace and I’m not sure now.
As the story continues ,it brings more suspense,tragedy. Yes, the subject is not easy one.
Human trafficking brings more tragedies than we can imagine.
When you loose your soul.is anything left? Will Ally recover? Will Eddie be any help?
The book is heartbreaking but I just keep reading,can’t put down.
Maybe some prologue like 5,10 later? I don’t know. I don’t know if anybody can recover this type of ordeal.

I received a free copy of this boo
Jane Pope
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book 2 of The Second Wife series. It's best to read book 1(The Second Wife) first. As was the first book, this was a book that I couldn't wait to finish so I could find out what happens to Ally and then when I did finish I didn't want it to be finished. Some books just grab me and pull me into the drama and the characters so that I feel like I'm living the book. This was one of those books. There were many plot twists and at least one I wasn't prepared for.

I received a free copy of this
Melissa

This is the second book in the Second Wife series. This was an intense emotional rollercoaster along with a lot of suspense. The Second Wife was an excellent book and this was one, too. This is definitely a series I look out into the world with different eyes. It makes human trafficking real to me.

I can not wait to read the next book, The Deadly Match.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa
Elana Serrano
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 star hands down

This is the most intense book I have read to date. Ally has suffered immeasurable trauma from a 2 year kidnapping, and with the help of her husband is able to overcome it. That is until her husband died and no one will believe her theory that he was murdere. I would love for this book to become a trilogy and see what kind of happy ending Ally can have with the man who has saved her twice, Eddie.
Cindy Rippentrop
Great follow up boook

This book is not a stand alone You have to read the first book to get the little nuances and understand some of the dynamics. I loved the first book and recommended it to my book club. Looking for a believable dark story. This is it. It combines real world possibilities, mystery, thriller, romance, and drama. Mix in morality, and religion. I usually do not like series because I can't wait for the next book but this is well worth the wait/next book dynamic. Expect emotion wit
Brenda Moser
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the series and is just as engrossing as the first book. It's an interesting and intriguing story that had me captivated from beginning to end. It's an emotional story filled with drama and suspense and is both heartbreaking and sad and will pull at your heart right to the end. I can't recommend this book highly enough.

I an volunteering to leave a review for an ARC of this book. All opinions in this review are my own and freely given.
Tanya
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She is still struggling with the demons she had after being kidnapped and tortured. It has been three years and he needs leaves her side. Then she has to return to the same land and lies will come undone. She meets her kidnappers brother and he wants revenge. What will happen now? Can she live with it all again? See if she can

Kathy
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! I really didn't think that this book would be anywhere near as good as the first one but boy howdy was I wrong!! This is a great followup that gives us more background on the main characters while taking us on another wild ride of kidnapping, torture, loss and love. Definitely not as dark as the first book but not exactly a trip down the Yellow Brick Road either. Am really looking forward to the next book in this series to see what Ms. Paul comes up with. Loved it!!

I received a free copy of
Konny
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Widow's Keeper is book two in The Second Wife book by Kishan Paul.
Meet Razaa. His father was kurdered and he and his 14 brothers are shattered all over the world. He's looking for help and revenge.
The Widow's Keeper picks up where the previous book was left off.
Ally is back home, but David paid the ultimative price. She's his widow and again her life changed.
Great read, emotional and heart wrenching, fast paced and drama ridden. 4,5 Stars.
Lynelle Clark
The author has a way with words that pulls you in and keep your attention until the last page. Her narrative has an easy flow, elegant and emphatic as she takes us back to Pakistan.

Ally's life, her character and choices are realistic while she remains true to herself. Her growth and struggles heartfelt and believable.

I am looking forward to book 3 in this series to see if she finally finds the peace she deserves.
Peta Benjamin
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great sequel

It was heartbreaking to read more of Ally's struggles to survive after the loss of David. Karma did visit in this book but I am sure there is more to this story and hopefully there will be a third book that will finally bring some closure for Ally and her family so that they can live their lives with some form of normality. Another excellent book from Kishan Paul.

• Trey (7 Brides for 7 Blackthornes)
  • Finding Home Again (Catalina Cove, #3)
  • BROCK (7 Brides for 7 Blackthornes Book 5)
  • Logan (7 Brides for 7 Blackthornes Book 6)
  • Scarred: Trey and Autumn (Cliffside Bay, #8)
  • Phillip (7 Brides for 7 Blackthornes)
  • Jilted: Nico and Sophie (Cliffside Bay, #9)
  • My Father Left Me Ireland: An American Son's Search for Home
  • The Last Letter from Juliet
  • RISK!: True Stories People Never Thought They'd Dare to Share
  • The Merman's Kiss (Mates for Monsters, #1)
  • The Tenth Gift
  • Where Angels Go (Angels Everywhere, #6)
  • Those Christmas Angels (Angels Everywhere, #5)
  • Shirley, Goodness and Mercy (Angels Everywhere, #4)
  • The Painted Castle (Lost Castle, #3)
  • (Not) The One
  • Unexpected Surprise (Irresistible Billionaires Book 1)
Award winning author of suspense/thrillers and romantic suspense, Kishan Paul's brain is always in the 'on' position.
Mother of two beautiful children and fur baby, she has been married to her best friend for over 22 years. With the help of supportive family and friends, she balances her family, a thriving counseling practice, and writing without sinking into insanity.

She can be found at:
www.kis

The Second Wife (3 books)
  • The Second Wife (The Second Wife #1)
  • The Deadly Match (The Second Wife #3)