Start by marking “The Perfect Catch (The Darcy Brothers, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Catch (The Darcy Brothers, #3)

The Perfect Catch

(The Darcy Brothers #3)

He blocked the penalty shot, but he left his heart unguarded.

French goalkeeper Noah Masson wants to prove his worth to Coach and help his team win the gold. With an unruly mutt for company, a part-time gig to pay rent, and the national Water Polo Championships fast approaching, Noah is one hundred percent focused on his goal.

That is, until he catches a beautiful intrud
Published March 23rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Catch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Catch

Start your review of The Perfect Catch (The Darcy Brothers, #3)
Candy
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Noah is determined to make it on his own & has walked away from his family’s money & name. He lives a humble life in Paris working part-time & playing Professional French Water Polo. Though the water polo gig doesn’t pay well at all. He is part of a club working toward winning gold for a chance to compete in the Olympics. His life is simple & he likes it that way until one afternoon he finds someone in his apartment uninvited. Sophie is a real estate intern working in Paris trying to acquire kno ...more
MoodyJess
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Perfect Catch by Alex Nichols

3.5 Stars

Give me a sports romance to read and I'm a happy girl!
Give me a sports romance about a sport I've never read, and I'll rapidly consume it. Water Polo is not a book theme I've ever read! I really enjoyed it though! I learned a lot about the sport and the FRENCH-m language-I felt like I was back in grade school and I had to touch up on some of my vocabulary and verb conjugations.

Sophie and Noah are not your typical match. A fledgling real estate agent t
Becky Claxon
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Noah Masson too his mother’s maiden name as he was upset with his father and two brothers. Noah was really a d’Arcy and when his father died, inherited the Chateau d’Arcy. He the goalie in the Paris water polo club. He delivers pizzas to make extra money. He is renting his apartment from Ludwig Bander. His kitchen sink will not work and has contacted the owner. He comes home one evening to find a woman getting ready to go through his cabinets. He grabs her and she wrestles with him. She finally ...more
Vania Nunes
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
And finally we know the story of the youngest of the Darcy Brothers, Noah.
Noah was not known as a Darcy, but rather as Masson, his mother's maiden name.
Many years ago, as a child, Noah left Paris and moved in with his mother in Nepal. Because of her, he stayed away from the brothers, but he also believed in unbearable stories about them, so he did not want any connection.

When he returned as an adult to Paris, he did not look for his brothers and refused any meeting with them.
He played as goalkee
Part of a Series: Yes Book 3 of the D'Arcy Brothers Series
POV: Noah and Sophie
Steam Level: Toasty at times
4/5

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed The Perfect Catch. It was a quick, fun read. I enjoyed getting to know Noah since he was a mystery in the first two books of this series. And through Noah their mom as well. It's awesome to see all sides of the boy's story of their parents' divorce.

Sophie is great. She's smart, independent, and funny. Nichols does an ex
Zena
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Noah and Sophie's story is one that had to be told.
He is heir to a fortune but is on a water polo team and delivers pizza at night. She comes from a broken home and believes beyond a doubt that she is frigid. But when Noah comes into her life she starts having strange feelings and rather than be disappointed, tries to deny them.
We also have meddling parents, her father and his mother and they are very keen to keep the pair apart, permanently.
This is a story of all the ups and downs they go throu
Jane
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Perfect Catch, the third story in the Darcy Brothers series, focuses oh the youngest brother, water polo player, Noah. Raised by his mother after his parents divorced, Noah has been so estranged from his brothers that he even goes by his mother's maiden name. Romantic relationships are not part of his life plan, but then he meets his new landlady, American, Sophie Bander. Sophie, whose mother is French, is in Paris doing six months real estate internship, before returning to Florida to assis ...more
T. Rosado
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars

I started this book early in the morning and finished in nearly one sitting. There is just something about Alix Nichols' writing style that makes them highly readable and satisfying. I like that there aren't extreme highs and lows or overdone conflict. Obviously, there's story conflict, but resolution tends to be swift and then the story moves along.

The Perfect Catch continues The Darcy Brothers series with the focus on estranged brother Noah Masson. He's an athlete living in Paris when
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Noah and Sophie both have a reason for being where they are in life. The both have small issues with facing the family name. They both have plans for their lives and expect life to follow on the path they have set for it. With a few untimed meeting. A few comments. A handful of fun times. Through some inconvenient acts and a couple turns here and there, Noah and Sophie have life hit them both. All truths are laid out. Their preparedness for it all may not be what either of them were expecting.

A
Anne Blyth
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
"I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book"

The wait for Noah's story was worth it, it certainly answered a lot of questions from books 1 and 2. I loved seeing estranged people finding each other again and the machinations of well meaning family being thwarted by true love. Noah and Sophie overcome personal, physical and family issues to find their happily ever after while bringing together a number of people. I would love to see a related book with Zach and Uma finding each other t
Sioms
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Alix Nichols is one of my go-to authors for light reading. Her books have just the right amount of drama, fun, and steam, and sweetness for me to enjoy and read through easily. The Perfect Catch falls into this category as well. I breezed through it and it was fun. Noah and Sophie's chemistry comes naturally.
Tisha 'Gardner' Clark
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book. I really joyed this third book in the series.
Charity Chimni
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! The conclusion of the Darcy Brothers series was awesome! The underlying family drama we saw in the first two books is fully realized. Everything Noah has thought was the truth growing up is tested. His loyalties and restraints are tested. Enter Sophie and we have a mix of explosive chemistry, testing the limits, and discovering true desires. Another hit from Alix and an awesome read!
Jessica Mitchell
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Perfect Catch
Alix Nichols

Noah Masson and Sophie Bander's story

A story of a romance blooming out of a set up between friends. But when the set up doesn't go as planned, because they are taken with each other instead of their intended. But the parental units have a plan whether their kids like it or not. And it involves other people they already deamed appropriate for their kids.

Sophie Bander's life is just starting in Paris. For six months she will live in Paris while working at her dream jo
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
3 Star Kindle Unlimited Read

I enjoyed the two previous books in this series much better. I think it's my mood that effected the enjoyment. I'll might give it another go sometime, maybe. :/
vicky Mizell
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Catch is Perfect! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐, March 23, 2017
By Vicky M.

This review is from: The Perfect Catch: A Sports Romance (The Darcy Brothers) (Kindle Edition)
The Perfect Catch concludes the saga of The Darcy Bothers by Alix Nichols. The youngest brother, Noah, was separated from his older brothers when he was 8 years old at which time his mother moves with him to Nepal. His parent's failing relationship forced Noah to choose between his brothers and his mother. Being so young, h
Karissa
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Perfect Catch brings to a close the D'Arcy brothers story. It focuses on the elusive third brother Noah spoken of in the other books but about whom we know very little. Now many of our questions from the first two books are answered. This is the story of Sophie Bander and Noah Masson (D'Arcy) and how a misunderstanding leads to a friendship and later a discovery about expectations and true love.

This is a true romantic comedy. While I enjoyed the first books' stories a bit more overall, this
Jaime Fertal
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Noah Masson left his roots of being a Count d'Arcy years ago and also left behind his brothers to live with his maman when he was a young boy living with hate for his brothers that he refuses to forgive. Noah lives his life as a goalie and a pizza delivery man to bring in extra income. Sophie is a woman with French roots but deiced to live with her father in Florida but is going to spend some time in Paris as an intern to learn the Realtor ways before going back home to join her fathers business ...more
Heather Miller
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I did receive a Free ARC Copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This does start off a bit on the slow side.

The main female character is, Sophie, who is from Key West, FL, but, doing an internship in France for a real-estate company. Her father has an apartment over in Paris, and one of the tenets is having issues with his sink / plumbing problems. That is when she meets, Noah, the 27 yr old man who is renting the apartment. He is also a water polo goalie, and is a pizza delivery ma
Cathy
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was another home run for Alix.  I love these Darcy brothers books, and while I have read the other 2, this one can be read on its own and you won't feel like you are missing anything.  I love that this is a sports book, and a different one no less with being about water polo.

Noah plays professional water polo and also is a part time pizza delivery boy.  He doesn't talk about his "Darcy" side and basically pretends it doesn't exist.  But this book does a great job of explaining why an
Jackie D
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Going into Perfect Catch, I pretty ecstatic! I am all about Sports Romances; Water Polo is not one that I read about very often, so that alone is something to not only peak my reading interest but a great visual. I may have shamelessly did a search on Water Polo Goalies to see if their ehem hands were, in fact, big as described, ya know for references purposes. * whispers* they really are..
And I'm back-- Noah is the Alpha Pro Water Polo Goalie/ pizza delivery man, with secrets galore, his dog O
Isabelle
Jun 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Kristen Lewendon
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved the chemistry between Noah and Sophie. They didn't do a very good job for two people who were trying to keep a relationship casual. My reality-TV-loving heart really enjoyed watching the pair try to untangle their feelings for each other as well as the other partners that kept being thrown at them. I didn't enjoy how unfinished the d'Arcy family drama remains. We spent the first two books learning about Sebastian and Raphael and how badly they want to reconnect with Noah, but there's ver ...more
Ree
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another good read from Alix Nichols.

Noah is the estranged baby brother of Sebastian & Raphael. Separated from them at an early age, he's harboured a lot of resentment towards them while living with his mother in Nepal. Now that he's back in Paris, his family hopes he'll come around. While working as a pizza delivery guy and a pro water polo athlete, he's nursing a crush on his newly-discovered landlady, Sophie.

Noah raises confusing feelings in Sophie like arousal, excitement, hope, just to name
Kari Hansen
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Noah is the goalie of a water polo team, delivers pizza for extra cash and is renting an apartment from Sophie’s dad but he hasn't been upfront about his past. Sophie is in Paris for an internship and is managing her father’s building when Noah has a clogged drain. She goes to fix it and Noah thinks she is an intruder and the sparks ignite. They start to spend time together and get closer however not everyone is happy that they are together and they plot to break them up. Will they be able to ov ...more
Jenn (YeahOrNeighReviews)
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-arc
Noah Masson is focused on the upcoming Water Polo Championships, until he gets distracted by an "intruder". Sophie Bander is just as caught off guard as Noah, when she's caught in his kitchen, and he believes she broke in. Sparks fly and hilarious moments ensue. This was another great read by Alix Nichols, who always writes the perfect blend of comedy relief and romance. A wonderful addition to the Darcy Brothers series and my favorite so far!
Joycee
Jun 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romances-read
I’ve enjoyed this the most so far, of The Darcy brother tales.

There was tension, but it didn’t remain unresolved for so long as to be irksome. Noah & Sophie, in my opinion, are solid likable characters who fit well together. Almost all the secondary characters got an HEA as well, it seemed (do Zach & Uma end up together?).

I’m glad Noah’s & Sophie’s professions we’re out of the ordinary - gave me a fresh backdrop for their romance. :)

(Read as part of the Darcy brothers anthology)
Pamela Mitchell
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alix Nichols has given us another winner with captivating characters, witty dialogue, family drama, heartwarming romance, Paris setting, and so much more. I loved the immediate sexual attraction and dynamic between Noah Masson, a sexy pro water polo goalie and beautiful Sophie Bander, his new landlady. I was drawn in immediately and couldn't put the book down from beginning to end as it moved seamlessly between Noah and Sophie's points of view. Romance fans will love The Perfect Catch.
Teri
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Deceit and lies or just secrets too sensitive to share whichever way it goes those are never good. Noah has plenty going on without the complications that come when he gets the hots for his new landlady. But when everything comes out all of his withheld pertinent information may just be what kills his chances at his HEA. Great story fun, sweet and hot.
Andretta Schellinger
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I reviewed this book as part of the Goodreads giveaway.

I really enjoyed this story, but one thing that I don't get, and I guess may never get is why people get SO upset when they are lied to. I get it, I get being lied to, but I don't understand getting so upset that you stop talking to them. It just seems a little over dramatic to me.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Baby For Daddy's Friend (Mountain Men of Liberty #4)
  • Knocked Up by the Mountain Man (Mountain Men of Liberty, #3)
  • The Dirty Princess (Royal Secrets, #2)
  • The War King (Royal Secrets, #3)
  • Yours for Christmas (Fool's Gold, #15.5)
  • The Irresistible Curves Collection
  • Until We Touch (Fool's Gold, #15)
  • Chasing Her Curves (Irresistible Curves, #1)
  • Claiming Her Curves (Irresistible Curves, #2)
  • Tempt Me (The Temptation, #1)
  • The Sins That Bind Us
  • The Billionaire's Big Regret
  • Runaway Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #5)
  • Anyone But Cade (Anyone But... #2)
  • Tease Me (The Temptation, #2)
  • One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)
  • Prince Pucking Charming
  • Mountain Man's Accidental Surprise (Mountain Men of Liberty #8)
Alix Nichols is a USA Today bestselling author of sexy romantic comedies and sci-fi romances. At the age of six, she released her first book, which featured highly creative spelling. Decades later, she still writes, and her spelling has improved (somewhat). She lives in France with her family and their almost-human dog.

**To get a rom-com and a sci-fi novelette FREE, visit: alixnichols.com/freebies

The Darcy Brothers (3 books)
  • Find You in Paris (The Darcy Brothers, #1)
  • Raphael's Fling (The Darcy Brothers, #2)