Start by marking “The Manny (Dirty Truth #1)” as Want to Read:
The Manny (Dirty Truth #1)

The Manny

(Dirty Truth #1)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  387 Ratings  ·  154 Reviews
Secrets and lies are a killer way to start any partnership—especially a horizontal one.

Now, I’m a glass half full kinda of guy, so, after the ‘you’re fired’ speech was directed at me, I figure now’s the time to be the screenwriter I came to sunny California to be. Unfortunately, there are about as many people trying to sell a script in L.A. as there are vegans in the pacif
Published October 19th 2017 (first published October 17th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Manny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Manny

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionPretty good cover on this one. Although I am not sure why their heads are cut off, but c'est la vie I guess. It is a great representation of the story. It also has good composition and eye catching title work as well.description

descriptionYou know I don't actually have much to say about this one. It was just a super sweet (maybe slightly predictable) feel good type of read, and I enjoyed it immensely. As per usual with these authors, the writing was excellent. The pace was excellent. The plot was engaging and kept me
Nadia
Oct 14, 2017 marked it as dnf
Shelves: boring, nothing-new
So the thing is, I put this book down two weeks ago and never had the urge to pick it up again.

The review is spoilerish from now on. Thought you should know.

Part of it are my expectations, I foolishly thought that Layla knew what Vance had done and that their animosity would stem from that. I expected it's from there on that they would build on their connection and whatnot. I expected a full-blown enemies-to-lovers romance. It's the blurb. It made me think I'll be getting something new and fresh
Piper Rayne
Oct 20, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Beth
I was so excited to read this new series by Piper & Rayne! This duo does not disappoint as I laughed out loud, I swooned, and my stomach pitched. Oh yes and my ovaries exploded when I read how Vance fell for the kids. When he took care of both kids for the first time, I laughed so hard I had tears. I could picture it all! Plus look at the cover people! Sigh! Nothing better than a sexy man with a baby!

I am not going to give you any details about the book because I want you to experience this
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
5 Stars to The Manny: Dirty Truth Series #1 by author duo Piper Rayne.

I love this author duo! Since I discovered them, they've never let me down. Their writing style, talent for storytelling and the added angst they deliver in their books speaks to me as a reader. In my opinion, I don't believe they can write a bad book. I've read all the Piper Rayne books to date and can't wait to start their upcoming series, Bedroom Games.

The Manny is Vance and Layla's story. This book is loosely connected to
Debbi
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yes, I need a manny!

Who'd have thought that a screen writer from Hollywood had missed his calling to become a full time, full service manny! We should all be so lucky to find in Vance what Layla found when she was looking to hire a nanny and she found Vance by chance.

This story had so many laugh out loud funny moments. Sure, I giggle reading a lot of books, but this one had me snort laughing and the tears of laughter were streaming down my face! There's just something about a hot guy turned ba
Reflections of a Book Geek
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, arc-from-author, r
4 Stars

I have to start off saying I absolutely love Piper Ryan, their books have been some of my favourites lately!! In saying that this book wasn’t my favourite of theirs, I felt like there was just a little something missing if I’m being completely honest. Don’t get me wrong I still loved The Manny but I just wished there was a little more in the way of relationship between Vance and Layla.

I’m sure you’ve guessed that this book is about a single mom from the title but what the title doesn’t te
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
This was one of those books that I just couldn't put down. After reading about Vance in his sister Charlie's story, Sexy Beast, I was very excited for this one, and Piper Rayne did not disappoint.

Vance had recently returned home from his time in Climax Cove at the start of the story and things quickly took off from there. He was looking to put his previous job behind him and follow his real passion of script writing. His very interesting friends in LA fully support him and their efforts lead hi
Louise

I'm not saying this isn't a good read because that would be a lie. I enjoyed every page of it and didn't get bored or have enough of it and put it down. It was just a bit too "same old, same old". I love Piper Rayne books but there was nothing new in this one to excite me and whilst it had plenty of humour it didn't make me laugh loudly as I remember Lennon and Whitney doing.

I found both Vance and Layla to be very likeable, if flawed, characters BUT I didn't buy either of them in terms
Johnaka
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Manny: The Dirty Truth Series by Piper Rayne
“Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, 5 stars”

Have you ever struck a deal that you wonder if you’ll regret? But you know in the long run you’ll get what you wanted out of the deal? Then once your fulfilling your end of the deal you stop and wonder if you got in over your head. Yep, that’s basically how Vance felt I’m 99% sure. And his discomfort made me laugh my butt off, then had me swooning once he found his stride.
Vance has done what he’s a
Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I have read and loved Piper Rayne's books since the Bartender and honestly cant get enough of their humor and likeability. Their characters are sexy and honest and their chemistry is always hot. So when The Dirty Truth series dropped I was ecstatic. I loved Vance from Garrett's book (Sexy Beast) and needed to learn more about this man and his secrets!

While looking to achieve his Screenwriter dreams and bring his screenplay to life on the big screen, Vance Rose is in a bind. An investor wants to
phoebess
Sep 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviews
The Manny didn't charm me. I didn't feel the chemistry between the main characters, the kids were boring (despite the fact they were both rambunctious), there was a theme again (this time divorcées swallowed the whole society), the final plot twist could be seen from outer space and the point of the hero being a screenwriter was just so he could meet the heroine and become a manny. The end. Even my father could write better plot and he hates this romance crap. Hey! I was at the dentist today, I' ...more
Christina Pannell
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Piper Rayne is another author duo that I love.
With Vance and Layla there is funny times, happy times, sad moments, and upsetting times.
It’s an easy read and there is even a couple scenes with Charlie, Vance’s sister.
Kathleen R.
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it

4 unexpected stars

This was possibly the funniest book i read by this author duo so far, and i've read quite a few so far! It had just about everything that i love about their books, but delivered in such a way that i connected with the characters in ways i didn't even expect! Too often i'd find myself laughing out loud in the middle of the room when everyone else was watching tv (and trust me, there was nothing funny happening that would explain why i'd suddenly burst out laughing... so i
Erin
Nov 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this one but I wasn't a page turnering laugh out loud book like Piper Rayne's first series.

This is Vance's book and he is the brother to Charlie and best friend of Garrett. It was fun to watch Vance go from a man that really didn't want anything to do with a family to falling in love with Layla and her children. Honestly it was a sweet read and I was glad I read it.

Layla was a good character for me too. I have issues with female leads because they tend to overthink and dra
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
NO SPOILERS!

The Manny was an incredibly unique, sweet, sexy, humorous, and highly entertaining standalone romantic comedy, and I absolutely loved it! The storyline and characters that Piper Rayne created were amazing, and I loved the entire concept. I haven't read many Hollywood-style romances, but The Manny has been one of the best - if not the best - I've ever read. The Manny has been my favorite novel from Piper Rayne so far, and I absolutely loved everything from beginning to end!

Vance and L
Shannon

4.5*

I just want to start by saying I love how Piper Rayne has built an entire fictional world out of the 3 series they've written/are writing so far. I've really enjoyed how they've taken characters and crossed them over into new series, without making you feel like you're really missing anything if you haven't read the previous series. And I think it's great how we get peeks of characters from the earlier books- it's always nice to catch up with old "friends"!

With that said, Vance was originall
Di
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If I had kids I would want Vance to be my manny, hands down. He’s just wrote a script and the only way to get funding for it is too hire Layla, an actress who he has in the past betrayed. Layla accepts the acting job and during their time she manages to swindle Vance to be the manny because no other nanny has been able to handle her oldest son except for Vance. During their time together their attraction grows and soon it’s love but there is that little secret from his past that can undo everyth ...more
Sassy Southern
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh let me tell you something about that Manny Vance!!! First off I need a Manny and my kids are grown!!! If you keep up with my reviews at all you know that I love Piper Rayne!!! So far everything that they have written has been absolutely amazing and this book is no different. Once you start reading this book will pull you in with its charm. And once you start reading you want stop. They can pull you into their worlds so easily it's like one minute it's morning and you started reading and the n ...more
Le Ann Foster
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
♡♡Reviewed for CherryOBlossoms Promotions ♡ ♡

I gave this book 4.5 stars!

Piper Rayne has done again Ladies!!! They will have you want your own Manny!!! I'm calling dibs on Vance! He is a sexy screen writer but who also can take care of kids like no other!!! The Manny is filled with laughter, a little drama and whole lot of romance. I absolutely I've the characters and I could get enough of them. I simply devoured this book in matter of hours. Ladies, Vance will leave you wanting more and asking
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
Hilariously funny! What does a man do when his lifelong dream is about to come true? Anything at all in order to make it come true!

Vance is a successful Hollywood producer. Now he is ready to write his own script and using his real name, make the movie he was meant to do. One catch, his investor wants a specific actress for the lead... and she might be trouble.

Layla is about to divorce her estranged husband. She holding on by her fingernails as she continues to work in supporting roles and raise
Kim
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m excited anytime I hear Piper Rayne is releasing a new series! The Dirty Truth series is on its way and starts off with The Manny.

Vance (brother of Charlie in Sexy Beast) and Layla are both part of the Hollywood scene. Vance needs a star for his movie and the person funding the project only wants Layla. Vance is instantly smitten with Layla and when she needs help with her two small children, he steps in immediately. Let the fun begin!!

Vance would love to be the leading man in Layla’s life..
Mandie Foxylutely
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Manny is the first in a new series, Dirty Truth by writing duo Piper Rayne. Vance, the main character did appear in a previous book and it was from there I have been eager to read his story.

Vance is back in LA after a brief visit to his home town to recoup when he had been sacked from his executive producer job on a hit TV show. His real dream though has always been to be a screenwriter and now with a possible hit in his hands he turns to his best friend Jagger who has all the right contact
2OCC Reviews
Shelves: marie
The Manny is the beginning of another wonderful series from Piper Rayne. It wonderful how they have managed to weave characters from their other stories into the new ones. It allows us, the readers, to remember the wonderful memories of previous stories.
Vance and Layla have a history, but it only clear to one of them. As they work through what exactly their relationship is going to be, they discover that they are exactly what the other needs.
Some of the best scenes in the book belong to Payne. P
Joy Novel Thoughts
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh, my goodness, gracious! Piper Rayne has done it again! The Manny is exactly what we have come to know, love and expect from Piper Rayne.

The Manny, is guess what... about a single mom, and we all know that I am a HUGE fan of single-parent romance, being a single mom myself I feel like I connect with these characters better than any other. The way that Vance instantly connected with Layla's children made my heart rejoice int he beauty of it.

Vance and Layla had a very volatile, combustible rela
Linda Buzard-Moffitt
This was a great story. It was a fun read. Vance who knew almost nothing about kids becomes Layla's children's Manny so that she can finish filming the show she was an actress in and then could star in his Movie that he wrote. There is a troublesome background between them that only Vance knows about and he tries to keep it from her. Grab this book to join in on the antics and see how it ends. I was one of the lucky ones to be given an ARC of this book to read and I enjoyed it so I wanted to rev ...more
Susan (susayq ~)
I am just loving all the books Piper Rayne has written! I knew to expect good things since I have loved all the rest I've read, and this did not disappoint! Vance and Layla had some steamy chemistry together. And the scenes with Layla's kids were AWESOME! Payne was hilarious!

I can't wait to see Jagger fall in love. He was kind of a jerk ;)

*thanks to the author for sharing a copy of this with me*
Ree
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!!! This book is amazingly, awesomely good!

Vance & Layla steal your heart in this heartwarming-ly hilarious romance of dirty diapers, second chances and love. It was quite an entertaining ride, watching Vance develop in character and Layla learn to trust.

I laughed so hard at the snarky, sarcastic banter between the characters, and had a huge smile on my face at the end. I definitely have to read some more Piper Rayne books, and look forward to Leo & Jagger's stories.

I voluntarily rea
Kinky Girls
The Manny: The Dirty Truth Series by Piper Rayne

PAGE TURNER – Funny, sexy and completely swoon-worthy. How do I get a MANNY like Vance?? Vance and Layla are oh so good together, even though Layla has a hard time with trust and relationships. Vance being with the kids is swoon worthy. I’m excited about the other guys in the series (so hot). Piper & Rayne have done it AGAIN. New series and 100% MUST READ book. ONE-CLICK The Manny, you can thank me later!

XOXO Kellie
Piper Rayne, or Piper and Rayne, whichever you prefer because we’re not one author, we’re two. Yep, you get two USA Today Bestselling authors for the price of one. Our goal is to bring you romance stories that have "Heartwarming Humor With a Side of Sizzle" (okay...you caught us, that's our tagline). A little about us... We both have kindle’s full of one-clickable books. We're both married to husb ...more

Dirty Truth (3 books)
  • Doggie Style (Dirty Truth, #2)
  • Chore Play (Dirty Truth, #3)