Start by marking “Solace in Silence” as Want to Read:
Solace in Silence

Solace in Silence

Sometimes in our darkest moments,
When we can't tell the lies from what's true,
When we don’t have the strength to go on,
The love of a friend helps us get through.

Solace in Silence,
Is my personal fight,
Through poetry,
From darkness to light.
ebook
Published March 21st 2017 by Melissa Ann Books

To ask other readers questions about Solace in Silence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solace in Silence

Chrisstine pearce
Mar 18, 2017 Chrisstine pearce rated it really liked it
Solace in Silence is a book of poetry inspired by recent events in the Authors life. It reflects the struggles she has been through and is a very personal look into the emotions she has felt and is feeling. By putting pen to paper and sharing with us these heart felt poems it is as if she is a ridding herself of the negative energy in her life and making room for all the good things to come. They are sad and poignant and it's an extremely brave person who is able to share such words with her rea ...more
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Mar 22, 2017 Julie Gustafson-Monk rated it really liked it
What a beautiful collection of poems written by Melissa Ann. You get a glimpse into her life as you read each poem..Some of the poems are touching. Some of the poems will make you tear up. I adored each and every poem..

I can't wait to read more books by this author. Melissa is definitely a talented writer.
Tammy Markowski
Mar 17, 2017 Tammy Markowski rated it it was amazing
Melissa Ann wrote amazing poems to detail some of the things she has gone through in her life. While reading these poems the reader will get a personal look at what she has gone through and overcome through out her life. It will touch your heart, may even having you crying at the end.
Everyone has gone through struggles in our lives, but to be able to write and relive those moments, takes a lot of courage.
I highly recommend reading Solice In Slience, you may just find that it will help you in y
Terrie Meerschaert
Mar 20, 2017 Terrie Meerschaert rated it it was amazing
Melissa Ann's struggles with love and loss are contained within these poignant poems. Her journey from pain to healing is inspiring and one all women need to read.
Kathy
Mar 17, 2017 Kathy rated it really liked it
This poetry takes us through an emotional time for the author .

It will make you sad but then happy as we see how friendship helps her through this emotional time.

There is also a chapter from her new book Mirrored Souls ... OMG I'm counting down to read this one ...

Fleur
Mar 20, 2017 Fleur rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
A fantastic collection of poems that takes you on a journey of highs and lows in life and shows you can come out the other side just as the Author did. These made me quite reflective of things that have occurred in my life and others around me, as well as reminding me of how people in your life can really effect the strength you have. These will touch you as you read them, as you are aware they are not just words but actual emotions and feeling on the page.

This is not a big collection of poems s
Amy Shannon
Mar 21, 2017 Amy Shannon rated it really liked it
Wonderful collection

This is a grand collection of poetry, some are free-verse, and others have some form of rhythm and rhyme. I enjoyed the insight into this poets mind and feelings. She has a great way of drawing with words, outlining emotions and feelings, and it comes out as poetry. One of my favorites of the collection, is the poem that shares the title of the book, "Solace in Silence". It gives the essence of the entire collection. Well-written, and Melissa Ann has a gift, and it's more tha
David Scott
Mar 20, 2017 David Scott rated it it was amazing
A poetry book to bring hope to the broken. The author leads you through her emotional roller coaster of a past, present, and hope for the future by sharing her thoughts and emotions in her journey of healing. This volume, though short, is very meaningful and well-written. Lovers of poetry will not regret picking up this volume. Also, don't miss this sneak peak of the author's upcoming book, Mirrored Souls. It looks awesome and I can't wait to read it.
Deana Flinchum
Mar 21, 2017 Deana Flinchum rated it it was amazing

Melissa Ann wrote a beautiful book of poetry on heartache and hope.
There are a couple of passages that will stay with me. One is from "Broken"

I must be grateful for the life I’ve been given. And for all that I’ve become. I need to forgive myself, For the past that can’t be undone.
The other is
Just have faith, In who you are. And one day, That light will grow. So look at how far you have come, Not how far you need to go. As long as you keep fighting, One day you won’t feel as low.
I found this book
Loly Salah
Loly Salah rated it it was ok
Mar 20, 2017
Melissa Ann
Mar 07, 2017 Melissa Ann rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
LaLani Delk
LaLani Delk marked it as to-read
J.L.
J.L. marked it as to-read
Donalyn
Donalyn marked it as to-read
Joyce Beightley
Joyce Beightley marked it as to-read
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Allie De Luca
Allie De Luca marked it as to-read
Teresa Adams
Teresa Adams marked it as to-read
Marcia Heastan
Marcia Heastan marked it as to-read
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Riann Miller
Riann Miller marked it as to-read
Carolina Mamos
Carolina Mamos marked it as to-read
Darcey
Darcey marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2017
Cristiane Karamanolis
Cristiane Karamanolis marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2017
PaB
PaB marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2017
Doris
Doris marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2017
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2017
☆ Carol
☆ Carol marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2017
Mary Fazzi
Mary Fazzi marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2017
Gina Wojahn
Gina Wojahn marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2017
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2017
Lindsey Kramer
Lindsey Kramer marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2017
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2017