Start by marking “The Dragon Finds Forever (Nocturne Falls, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Dragon Finds Forever (Nocturne Falls, #7)

The Dragon Finds Forever

(Nocturne Falls #7)

Welcome to Nocturne Falls, the town that celebrates Halloween 365 days a year.

The tourists think it's all a show: the vampires, the werewolves, the witches, the occasional gargoyle flying through the sky. But the supernaturals populating the town know better.

Living in Nocturne Falls means being yourself. Fangs, fur, and all.

Monalisa Devlin is a Will O’ The Wisp, a
Published February 21st 2017 by Sugar Skull Books

To ask other readers questions about The Dragon Finds Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dragon Finds Forever

Start your review of The Dragon Finds Forever (Nocturne Falls, #7)
Ginger
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Another cute paranormal romance in the series but not without some character issues.

I enjoyed having a dragon shifter as a MMA fighter. I really liked this concept of a character but Ivan felt a bit flat to me. The same can be said about Monalisa who is a Will O’ The Wisp and her Dad is the King of the Leprechauns. She seemed a bit blah as well.
It's such a shame because both paranormal ideas seem interesting!

There wasn’t any steaminess at all in this book and it was too G rated for me. It seems
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
The Dragon Finds Forever is book seven in the Nocturne Falls by Kristen Painter.

I really wanted to like this one, since I’m such a sucker for dragons, but I never really got into the story until about 50-60% and then I still had trouble focusing.

I liked the idea of having a dragon shifter as an MMA fighter. Ivan was nice and sweet. I like how he adopts a dog. As for our heroine Monalis a Will O’the Wisp. I didn’t care for her. She was blah and bit annoying with her melodramatics. Her turmoil
Lexxi Kitty
In my previous review in this multi-series universe, I made a point of noting that Jayne Frost and Elves in general, from the Miss Frost series, seemed alarmingly and noticeably absent from the Nocturne Falls Series. Despite both series sharing the same small town in Georgia as a setting (and the same time period).

Then I read this book here and . . . oops. This Nocturne Falls series book came out 8 months before the Miss Frost series book I had made the comment in. And it includes both Jayne
Deniz
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
A feel good kinda book!
Literally had me grinning most of the time. It's the perfect cute&fluffy PNR.
I thoroughly enjoyed Lisa and Van's romance. It fits perfectly into the series and yet works as a standalone as well
This is a signature Painter novel. The writing style is beautiful, lighthearted with cute and fun banter.
No smut whatsoever. Perfect swoony romance writing.

The story line is the usual with it's own twist. I really enjoyed this one. There were so many sweet moments. It was fun
Madison Warner Fairbanks
The Dragon Finds Forever by Kristen Painter

The next book in the Nocturne Falls series where the town celebrates Halloween year-round so the paranormal residents can live in the open.

A darling romance where paranormal is entertaining and amusing.

Monalisa is sent on an errand she doesn't want to do. She doesn't want to use her powers to hurt people. Awww. But Daddy doesn't give her a choice, twisting the screws. Of course, we are routing for her to win her freedom throughout the story.

Van is
Melanie's
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has been a little while since there was a new Nocturne Falls book (although the Jayne Frost series is amazing and certainly has helped fill the time) but then I get a new one and it makes me remember all over again why I fell in love with this series.

I am not sure if the books really ARE getting better each time, or if I just know the world so well that I FEEL like they are, but either way this story is fantastic. I love the characters, I mean a Dragon and a Will O’ The Wisp? I read a TON of
Tiffany PSquared
Audiobook Review

How does Kristen Painter come up with all these different types of supernaturals? Who would have ever thought about making a story about a will-o'-the-wisp other than her?

First, I loved hearing B.J. Harrison doing Van's Russian accent. His voice is perfect for this series.

The story was very cute and romantically endearing. I have yet to be disappointed by a book in this series.

On to the next!

Caroline Åsgård
Listened to this through Audible Escape. The premise kind of reminded me of the first book in the series, but I liked that this couple are unique ''creatures'' from other countries. I kind of fell out towards the end of it.
Kristi
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, own-ibook
These books are like candy for me, in a good way. I can't have too much at once, but when I want one it hits the spot.
Trish R.
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
First, I said I wasn’t reading this author again and decided to anyway… Shouldn’t have!

I love books about dragons but I hate dragons, or any male, really, described as having “visible tattoos, a shaved head and a bent nose.” That does sound more like someone in the mafia, especially since Ivan is Russian. I was very disappointed in his description. This will definitely be my last book by this author. Once a hero or heroine start looking like today’s people I’m done. It’s like the cover of
Denise
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, read-2018
Magically compelled to obey her father's commands, Will O’ The Wisp Monalisa Devlin is ordered to go to Nocturne Falls and do whatever it takes to persuade former supernatural MMA champion Ivan Tsvetkov to return to the ring for one more fight. Deeply bitter about the way his fighting career ended, Ivan has retired after a terrible injury sustained in his last fight that kept him from finishing it and has left him unable to shift into his dragon form. Now, he wants nothing more than to be left ...more
● ᴢᴏᴇʏ ●
• Major points to Kristen Painter for originality - the concept of a shifter whose form is a will o’ the wisp is just magnificent. Plus it was a concept of which I was only vaguely familiar, and I always appreciate a reason to investigate things.

• The rest of the story didn’t do all that much for me, but it was a pleasant tale. Just a personal thing, but I can’t stand the literary plot device wherein one character is deceiving the other (even if it’s involuntary).
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
Eh. The beginning was cute. But the last half was soooooo schlocky...
Dana Whyte
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful trip back into Nocturne Falls. Which is one of my favorite places to be. This is the story of Ivan a Russian dragon who is a MMA fighter and Monalisa a Will-o'-the-Wisp. She is the daughter to the Leprechaun king an he is a piece of work. He sends her to convince Ivan to come back for one fight any way she can. Ivan was injured at his last fight and is in a funk. Monalisa arrives and deceives Ivan to the real reason she is there. Except she doesn't plan on is falling for the ...more
Miranda Beazley
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Van is a fighter, a supernatural fight who has retreated from the world because he feels he can't fight any longer. Monalisa is a Will o' the Wisp with controlling parents and a potentially devastating skill. And she's been sent to bring Van back for his final fight - by any means necessary, even the use of her powers.

I loved this book, a dragon and a wisp. Such a unique and unheard of pairing. Monalisa has fast become one of my favourite unique shifters. Separately they have been through a lot,
Margaret Hasemann
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nat King Cole's Monalisa

"A cold and lonely lovely work of art" who's smile really does hide a broken heart. And the worst of it is Monalisa's heart is breaking because of her own parents, her father in particular. Sent to Nocturne Falls to use her Will-o-the-wisp willies to get Ivan back into the fight game after he retired. She bears a double burden of guilt, because it was she who distracted him at his last fight (under her father's orders) resulting in the injury that made Ivan retire, and
Eden
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf-paranormal
2019 bk 337. A Will-O-Wisp must encourage a retired fighter, a dragon, to return to the fighting ring for one more match. In the mythical universe, will-o-wisps had flown under my radar - didn't really know what they were. In this story, a will-o-wisp can mess with a man's mind to lure him into danger, but she can also send out a bright flash as she turns from her human form to wisp form. Once before our Monalisa had been forced to used her flash to endanger this fighter, but now she must use ...more
Angel Ortega
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun new story in the Nocturne Falls series. The author has introduced new supernaturals - a dragon shifter, a Leprechaun, and a Will-o'-the-wisp - to her storyline. There is a great incorporation of her existing characters into this new story. Ivan, a fighter, is nursing his wounds while recovering from his first loss in his career. Monalisa is sent to help him in his recovery and convince him to return to fight his final fight. Monalisa is a brave, strong-willed woman with a good ...more
Debra
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoy each visit I make to Nocturne Falls. I found this series last year and each book in it makes me smile. Sometimes, I think we all need books that just makes us happy and smile. Nocturns Falls is a place for all supernatural entities and celebrates Halloween everyday as its cover.

I enjoyed the romance between Van and Lisa. It was sweet--and cute--and wonderful. Both are fun characters to read. Van is disgusted that he was injured in his last fight and not interested in returning to the
Jennifer Lowrance
Another awesome adventure in Nocturne Falls!! Kristen Painter never falls to delight me with her tales and I love hearing about characters I've "met" through her other books. Few authors are able to write stand alone stores that tie into a whole series as well as she does. It's better to read in order to get the most out of the bigger picture, but not necessary. This is another must read!!
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Van and Monalisa’s romance was sweet and cute! Van’s dog Grom was adorable and the side characters were amusing and supportive of one of their own. The plot was thin, but I liked the characters too much to care:)

The Nocturne Falls series is highly entertaining and is perfect for lighthearted paranormal reading.
Dena
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chemistry is amazing

I really like Van. He has always been in the background and now to get a taste of his personality was amazing. He is a very strong character and I’m glad he got a strong partner. Lisa was a very soft and vulnerable character that grew into her strength they really are a great couple.
Kim Vela
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

This series just keeps getting better and better. I was so excited about Van's book and I was not disappointed. Can't wait for the next one.
Ashley (Red-Haired Ash Reads)
A dragon and a Wil-o-wisp. A very unusual pair but it worked. I really liked seeing Monalisa overcome her past, and her father, to achieve what she wanted. And of course Van was awesome.
Kim
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great read in the series!

Super. Love the characters, very unique and not repetitive. A rollercoaster, but great plot. Can't wait for the next book in the series or a short future story about them.
Tomika Campisi
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful book! I was rooting for Monalisa from the start to free herself from her father and to be able to truly find love and happiness with Van through all of it was awesome! I can't wait until I can move to Nocturne Falls!
R.L. Hemlock
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“The Dragon Finds Forever,” is book seven in the Nocturne Falls series. This series is not a continuation of one story but of other people’s point of view and personal stories intertwined into one enjoyable series. This series has common themes/genres: mystery, suspense and romance. The way the author goes from one couple to the next couple is almost like a whole new story. But the stories makes reference to things that happened in the previous books as well as old characters appearing in new ...more
Beth
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kobo
Glad the face to face with the Father were only at the beginning and end of the book.
Cute story.
Gwessie Tee
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Utterly loved this book very much Van and Monalisa have an amazing adventure and cant wait to see if the seed planted in this book blossom in the next
Christine Lee
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Dragon Finds Forever by Kristen Painter is a wonderful continuation of her Nocturne Falls Series.

I can never say enough good things about this writer, and this series in particular. What's not to like? Halloween 365 days a year, every flavor of supernatural you can think of, great fun!!

Ivan is a Dragon Shifter, and by virtue of his very identity, is a protector and a fighter. He also fights in the Supernatural Mixed-Martial Arts ring.

But his last bout broke his 27-fight winning streak, and
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Truth About Cats and Wolves (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Magic's Song (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • How to Date Your Dragon (Mystic Bayou, #1)
  • Love and Other Wild Things (Mystic Bayou, #2)
  • The Witch Rescues Her Werewolf (Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • Reaping The Immortal (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Selkies are a Girl's Best Friend (Mystic Bayou, #3)
  • Peace, Blood, and Understanding (Half-Moon Hollow #7)
  • The Vampire Bounty Hunter's Unexpected Catch (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • The Doctor Falls For Her Gargoyle  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Some Were In Time (Shift Happens #2)
  • Magic's Fate (Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • Gertie's Paranormal Plantation (Tales From the Paranormal Plantation #1)
  • No Were To Run (Shift Happens, #3)
  • Courting The Cat Whisperer (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Fashionably Fanged (Hot Damned #8)
  • A Dragon Speaks Her Name  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues (Mystic Bayou, #2.5)
Kristen Painter likes to balance her obsessions with shoes and cats by making the lives of her characters miserable and surprising her readers with interesting twists. She currently writes award-winning paranormal romance and cozy mysteries. The former college English teacher can often be found on twitter @Kristen_Painter, Facebook at www.facebook.com/KristenPainterAuthor where she loves to ...more

Nocturne Falls (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Vampire's Mail Order Bride (Nocturne Falls, #1)
  • The Werewolf Meets His Match (Nocturne Falls, #2)
  • The Gargoyle Gets His Girl (Nocturne Falls, #3)
  • The Professor Woos The Witch (Nocturne Falls #4)
  • The Vampire’s Fake Fiancée (Nocturne Falls, #5)
  • The Shifter Romances The Writer (Nocturne Falls, #6)
  • The Vampire's Accidental Wife  (Nocturne Falls, #8)
  • The Reaper Rescues The Genie (Nocturne Falls, #9)
  • The Detective Wins The Witch (Nocturne Falls, #10)
  • The Vampire's Priceless Treasure (Nocturne Falls, #11)
“Pain is weakness leaving the body.” 2 likes
“She snorted. “I’m not sure that’s a ringing endorsement. I’ve seen Grom lick his privates like it was an ice cream sundae.” 0 likes