Start by marking “The Brightest Sunset (The Darkest Sunrise, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Brightest Sunset (The Darkest Sunrise, #2)

The Brightest Sunset (The Darkest Sunrise #2)

Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never harm me.
Bullshit.
Words destroyed me.
“I’m sorry. She didn’t make it.”
“Daddy, he can’t breathe!”
“There’s nothing more we can do for your son.”
Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never harm me.
Lies.
Those syllables and letters became my executioner. I told myself that, if I didn’t acknowledge the p
Expected publication: July 27th 2017

Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySkanky ⚓️ Steamy Reads
3 Stars

Soooooo...I've been putting off reviewing this.

description

I went back and forth on my rating.
I told myself that maybe I needed to read it again.
That reading it while in the midst of PMS was like pouring piss in my Cheerios on purpose.
That I was just missing something.

But you know what?

description

Because that would be me lying to myself.
And then to you.
Which - even at the risk of pissing people off, getting trolled in my comments, not getting future ARCs...whatever the case may be - I just don't do.

That
Christy
Jul 13, 2017 Christy rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
5 STARS!!!

photo 20031620_10103993067896798_1786666286602396569_n_zpsbup2q6wa.jpg

This duet completely blew me away. I don’t even know what to say about these books, but I guess READ THEM is a good place to start! Seriously- you need to read these books!!!

The Darkest Sunrise left us with one heck of a cliffhanger, and I wasn’t sure how this book was going to go. Honestly, I had no idea how Aly would make this all okay. I was so nervous starting this book. What both of these characters have been through now… I can’t even imagine it.
Maybe he was right. We’d b
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

The sun still hung bright in the sky, but midnight fell all the same. And, in that moment, I feared I’d never escape it again. The darkness was going to be my executioner.
It was going to crush me, suffocate me, and then devour me.

photo TheBrightestSunset_1_zpspuosejvs.jpg

This series is definitely one of Aly Martinez’s best to date! The story held me captive from beginning to end. What I love about Aly’s stories are that her characters are not perfect but they manage to rise above th
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS
he’s shown me that there doesn’t have to be light for something to be beautiful. Love can grow in the darkness

How do you even begin to review a book that touched you on such a visceral level that you don't think you'll ever forget it? How do you put those feelings into words that can even begin to do a book the justice it so deserves? How do you attempt to relay everything that this book was without giving anything away? You don't. Because it's impossible.
The sun still hung bright i
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

What a conclusion!!

From the minute I read those last few words at the end of “The Darkest Sunrise”, I was literally chomping at the bit to get to this one. This was not a easy story to read to read at times and I No one was praying harder than me for Charlotte and Porter to get the happily ever after that they deserved. It was emotional, heartwrenching, and you couldn’t help but feel everything that these characters were going through good or bad.

“The day I’d met her, I’d told myself that p
Claire Robinson
Jul 14, 2017 Claire Robinson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 - Out of the darkness. And into the light. Stars!

The Brightest Sunset picks up Parker and Catherine’s story right after the explosive conclusion of the The Darkest Sunrise.

Pre-Order NOW!
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2sX0Yo9
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2tG4oJ9
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/2u9VhU1
Amazon AU: http://amzn.to/2u0aVAI

Again, for risk of posting spoilers, there isn’t a huge amount I can say about where the story-line goes in this half of the duology. You 100% need to have read The Darkest Sun
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sticks and stones will break my bones,
but words will never harm me.
Bullshit.
Words destroyed me.

Like all previous bloggers reading this before me I inhaled this, my emotions were all over the place
😀 HAPPY, 😞 TO NEARLY CRYING, 😢 TO CRYING, 🙂 TO HAPPINESS WHEN I REACHED THE ENDING, TO THAT BITTERSWEET FEELING THAT THIS HAS COME TO AN END ☹ I LOVED THIS SERIES ❤..

This is the kind of outstanding book that you could imagine unfolding in life, it could happen to any one of us, it has happened.

One
Olga therebelreader
This story was the emotional journey of two broken people finding their way to each other's hearts and their beautiful love. At times a little melodramatic, but overall I thought this was a good story. I loved how far Porter and Charlotte had both come by the end of the book. Porter has had a pretty rough go of it and it was time that he found true love. It was totally perfect for him to fit in with Charlotte. The romance and relationship between them was satisfying and sweet.

The author’s writin
Wil Loves Books!
*** NOT ENOUGH STARS IN THE WORLD***

"But, damn it, Charlotte, we will find a way to make this work. This is my life. This is your life. This is his life. And her life. This is our life and you know it. We'll figure out the details later, but for now, all I need from you is a promise that we are going to do this. No matter what. We're in this together"

I don't even know where to start. I don't even know what to say. This book, man! Just perfect! Amazing, all the stars, all the freaking feels!
Paige
5 "Destiny" Stars

What a heart pounding, stomach in your throat, emotional ending.

Picking up right where book 1 left off, Porter and Charlotte's worlds have been turned upside down and nothing will ever be the same. Ms. Martinez took me on a rollercoaster of a ride and I was never certain how it would play out. Through the ups and downs, I felt both Porter and Charlotte's pain and read with my fingers crossed that they'd find their way. With stellar writing and believable characters, this duet w
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
6+ stars

Hello, Book Hangover, my old nemesis. I have no idea how you improve upon perfection, but The Brightest Sunset is even better than the first book in the Darkest Sunrise duet. That’s really saying something because The Darkest Sunrise was a 6-star read for me. This book? This book deserves all the stars in the universe.

I’m not gonna lie. I’m glad I had a brand new bottle of red wine on hand because I was guzzling that bad boy like nobody’s business. 99% of the book is tension filled, and
Stacey is Sassy

A partnership is about sharing the burden.

You know the drill, if you want to skip the waffling and head straight to the book stuff, start at the paragraph that begins with ***

This is going to sound really silly but try and bear with me a sec. I finished The Brightest Sunset and was struggling with what I would write in my review. I was trying to think of ways to describe the emotional journey without telling all the good and bad bits. I would describe this duet as like wearing transition lenses.
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog

No questions.
No judgements.
No faking it.
No apologies.

I am totally blown away by this conclusion. It was not just highly emotional, but also raw and deep. Few pages in and my heart was ripped into two. I was bleeding all over and was left drowning in tears. Kudos Aly Martinez, you managed not just to make me cry, but you moved me with your beautiful words and inspiring story.

The Brightest Sunset was one of the books I am looking forward to read. With that cliffy in the first book, I am
Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*

I cried almost cover to cover while reading this book. The Brightest Sunset is, without a doubt, a series that will stick with me for years to come. The intense emotional connection I have with the story is unmatched. As a wife and mother, the story resonates on a deeply personal level. Porter and Charlotte have the type of relationship all couples should aspire too. The difficult situation they face with Travis would bring any parent to their knees. I was breathless, speechless and finally smi
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Jul 20, 2017 Corina☞BookTwinsReviews rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed

BEAUTIFUL. TENDER. HEART-WARMING. EMOTIONAL. RAW.

This book - this series - had my heart going like CRAZY!!!
I fell in love with Porter and Charlotte in The Darkest Sunrise. Their connecting was palpable and incredibly touching. Their journey was heart-breaking and beautiful. And now, in The Brightest Sunset it came to a stunning ending.

Did I want this series to end? NO!!!

The Darkest Sunrise and The Brightest Sunset have been more than just entertaining. Aly Martinez wrote two novels tha
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Loved it so much! Review to come!!!

AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
"Love can grow in the darkness"

Holly hell! Aly Martinez is an absolute genius with duets. After reading Retrieval and Transfer. I loved it so much I thought, “whoa how is she going top that?” Guest what, she did it again – this duet is stunning guys. Highly emotional and heart pounding with anticipation, my stomach sinks every time the tide turns for the worse and my heart sings for moments of reprieve and happiness. My nerves are shot and I was literally exhausted when the last page was turned.
FMABookReviews

In the end, it was four deep, gravelly words that gave me hope of another sunrise.

❝Hi. I’m Porter Reese.

In the end, it was four soft, silky words that gave me hope of another sunrise.

❝Hi. I’m Charlotte Mills.

A stunning portrayal of love and an incredible example of the strength of the human spirit, 'The Brightest Sunset' proves that love knows no bounds.

Once again, Aly Martinez brought me to my knees! I cried rivers of tears. I needed all of the wine and chocolate. I needed my mommy. That's wh
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
5 STARS

"Love can grow in the darkness..."

The Darkest Sunrise duet is hands down one of the most unforgettable storylines I've ever read. From start to finish, this story clawed its way under my skin and into my heart and never let go. Aly Martinez takes her reader through such a roller coaster of emotions on this incredible journey, through darkness and light, through hope and despair, through love and heartache, and every bit of it was a relentless barrage of feels that I never wanted to end.
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Jul 14, 2017 Natasha is a Book Junkie rated it it was amazing
“I’ve been falling in love with you since the first day I met you. And, sweetheart, you have to know that, with a woman like you, it’s a really short trip.”

I seriously cannot remember the last time I became this frenzied over a story, but I was turning those pages so deliriously fast I had blisters on my fingers by the end of it. With an absolutely brilliant premise at its core, followed by a million heart-stopping surprises along the way, and a mega plot twist in the middle, this duet was o
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
5++++ gripping stars

photo E1A2C112-3B12-4889-9654-ADCCB4C1B101_zpsghdxqfd4.jpg

Oh my goodness what have I just read, what a plethora of emotions and feelings I'm feeling right now. But by gawd am I happy.. So real, so raw and so beautiful is this story.

Again because I want to make this review spoiler free it's going to be a tad blasé but I am going to still discuss my feeling, thoughts and love for the characters..

This book starts pretty much where The darkest sunrise ended and where I had my hand in my mouth. Gosh how I wanted to throw my kindle bu
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jul 15, 2017 Jenny - TotallybookedBlog rated it it was amazing

**Spoiler Free Duet Review : 4.5 Stars

“You smile for people because it makes them comfortable, but it makes you feel like a fraud. You go through the motions of living but only so people will stop asking if you’re doing okay. You laugh to remind yourself that you can still physically make the sound, even though you’re so fucking numb you don’t feel it. And you keep to yourself not because you like to be alone, but rather because you’re the only person who truly understands.”

Bring on the water
Aɤɩ
oh my fucking god the feels!!
AJ
Jul 13, 2017 AJ rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, perfect, and emotionally stunning.... again.

5 stars!

After reading the incredible The Darkest Sunrise, I was desperate to get my hands on this book and the moment it arrived on my kindle I dropped everything to read it. And I regret nothing! This book (and this duet) is amazing, pure and simple. It’s heart-clenching drama, raw emotion and incredible romance, and I loved every moment of it!

There’s pretty much nothing I can say about the story without spoiling the first book, so this is
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
I kind of entered this book a bit like this (after that ending in The Darkest Sunrise.

photo 3B962815-2E39-4753-95F3-EEDDC2A15C6C_zpsp5ntez16.gif

But be still my bleeding heart! This book!

Though the first book in this duet was emotional, it didn't make me cry. This book made me cry. On multiple occasions. So if you found The Darkest Sunrise tugged at the old heartstrings, you'll be a blubbering mess in The Brightest Sunset. And it hurts so damn good!

I'm not going to go over plot whatsoever for fear of the chance of spoilers. Just know, Aly Martinez r
RentasticReads
Jul 22, 2017 RentasticReads rated it it was amazing
There isn't enough stars in this universe to rate how spectacular this damn book is. Hell, this duet is EVERYTHING. It's full of light and darkness. Glee and despair. Love and anger. Passion and grief. All wrapped into one remarkably breathtaking tale that will push your emotional boundaries to the edge. The onslaught of feels just won't stop barreling through you until you've safely reached the end. The Darkest Sunrise Duet truly is one of the most poignant and emotionally raw stories I've ever ...more
Kim
May 26, 2017 Kim rated it it was amazing
***Spoiler Free***
I could not wait to get this book after the cliffy in The Darkest Sunrise. And this one had me mesmerized, horrified, tense, angry, sad, and frustrated. But also made me laugh, smile, and swoon. This is the good, the bad, and everything in between for Charlotte and Porter.

I cannot say anything about the plot without giving away spoilers. This journey was as heartbreaking as it was heartwarming. Every time they got a bit of light, darkness wanted to encroach. They had been so us
Jen ~ Schmexy Girl Book Blog
Jul 20, 2017 Jen ~ Schmexy Girl Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Wow!! #bookgasm #faveauthor

Jen and Roxie's Review

There are moments in your life that you would give anything to erase. Horrific events that you live through, and have no idea how you'll make it to the other side.

From the very first page of The Darkest Sunset to the last page of The Brightest Sunset, we were blown away. In Aly's words, "syllables and letters may not be tangible" but when she strings them together to create words and sentences and a story so breathtaking, one that will destroy y
Shayna
top pick

Dear Ms. Martinez,

I could rate your latest duet with a million stars. I could go on and on with pretty words that somehow portray how I felt while reading the words you so expertly placed on the pages. I could shout from the rooftops how these books eviscerated my heart one minute, and completely filled my soul the next. But in doing all of these things, I still wouldn't be able to do you or your story justice. So, with that being said, all I have left to give you is a thank you. Thank you for
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, Aly Martinez is a stay-at-home mom to four crazy kids under the age of five- including a set of twins. Currently living in South Carolina, she passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a glass of wine at her side.

More about Aly Martinez...

The Darkest Sunrise (2 books)
  • The Darkest Sunrise (The Darkest Sunrise, #1)

“When I broke, Porter was there to pick up the pieces.
And, when Porter lost sight of the light, I was there to hold him in the darkness.
No questions.
No judgements.
No faking it.
No apologies.”
0 likes
“He’s shown me that there doesn’t have to be light for something to be beautiful. Love can grow in the darkness … I know this is true because of him.” 0 likes