Start by marking “Moss Forest Orchid (Silver and Orchids, #1)” as Want to Read:
Moss Forest Orchid (Silver and Orchids, #1)

Moss Forest Orchid

(Silver and Orchids #1)

What happens when a feisty adventuress, a lord looking to make his own way in the world, and a handsome sea captain set out to find Kalae's rarest and most valuable flower?

Trouble—and lots of it.

Lucia needs a job, and she needs one fast. Looting dragon hordes hasn't proven profitable lately, and she's tired of waiting tables. Her business partner usually finds the work, bu
Kindle Edition
Published March 31st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Moss Forest Orchid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moss Forest Orchid

Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Shari Tapscott is one of my favorite authors. I literally gobble up her books. My obsession started with the Eldentimber Series and I've been a fan ever since. I've been looking forward to this new series since I heard about it and even more so when I read the prequel novella last week. I love that Shari writes books that I enjoy and that I feel comfortable passing on to young teenager readers and up. Her books are fun, adventurous and clean.

The characters in this book are so great. They are di
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
Since I binge read this entire series, I thought I'd just write one review for the whole thing. I am so glad my friend Tara recommended this series to me. It was such a fun escape. I really enjoyed the worldbuilding and characters.

Moss Forest Orchid- 4 stars, good set-up of the characters and world.
Greybrow Serpent- 5 stars, really enjoyed the story and character development
Wildwood Larkwing- 5 stars, another story and character building
Lily of the Desert- 3.5-4 stars, while I liked this one, I
Melissa
This was a young adult romance. It was a fun read, it had a good pace and story line. I liked almost everything about it except the characters..... Which is a huge chunk of the book. Lucia drove me a bit crazy. She is the most inconsistent character. Do I love him or not, hum this guy is cute maybe I like him better.....oh wait he's probably a thief......nah who cares I'll like Him anyway, oh wait I just said I loved this other guy.......Dragon! The whole story is from her pOView sorta and it ju ...more
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Light and fun with a witty entertaining dialogue. I liked it for the most part, but I had issues with the love triangle.
Nunya
I'm s c r e a m i n g why do people like this book? why
why why why why why why why why why

This book series is on my list of "Things that genuinely upset me in media"
that list is very short

I'm writing this full review of the entire series (that I dnf lololol) on the first book's page so that if any poor unsuspecting fool comes along, wondering if they should read it, I can save them from the pain that is to come.

As a whole, this series fails on many levels. It fails to entertain (obvs h a) it a
Coralie
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I first came across Mrs. Tapscott because of the Entwined Tales. So, aside from her contribution to the multi-author series, this was my first read by her--as a solo author, perhaps? Anywho, I quite enjoyed the book! I look forward to continuing the story in book two and to reading her Eldentimber series.

Tapscott writes very well. I like her style and I wholly admire that she wrote this book in the first person present tense. As many people know, I consider that very difficult personally. I wasn
Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*
A little underwhelming to say the least. I'm too tired and too apathetic to write a real review but my general impression of this book was "So what?"
April
I absolutely loved this novel! This is one of those books I could read again, and I am sure I will do so right before Book 2 releases. This series has me pumped. While I enjoyed the prequel, Fire and Feathers, Moss Forest Orchid took things to another level; action, adventure, a cast of well developed and intriguing characters, friendships, romance and so much more! Tapscott had me hooked from the beginning and I did not want to put this story down; it did in fact keep me up late finishing it.

I
Ianthe Silverfire
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it
One of those situations I really wish I could give half stars. The book is good and the fantasy enjoyable, if a little underdescribed. but ugh that 3 way romance! One of the guys is absolutely insufferable. A positive aspect is the pirate character. He is actually pirate like! Particularly at the end he does... pirate-y things that left me kind of shocked and mistrustful of him... almost like he was a real pirate! Not a glossy romance novel cover in name only pirate. He's what kept me reading.
Alex Criddle
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just found a new favorite fantasy series. I loved this novel! I was so enraptured by this story and didn’t want it to end. The writing was enchanting and immersive, pulling me into a world that felt so vivid and real. The characters were exceptionally developed and some of the best I remember reading. The romance was tangible and raw and just so well written. I feel as though I’m babbling, but I am just so happy to have had the pleasure of reading this novel and can’t wait to read the rest of ...more
ChattyChihuahua
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was just so amazing! Definately one of my favorite books ever! It was really creative and had me laughing hysterically all through it! :D
Tara
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The fact that this story is “urban fantasy,” involves a love triangle, is a multi-book series, AND I gave it five stars shows just how good this book is. I’m not a big fantasy reader and love triangles are not my favorite, and I’m more of a one-and-done fan when it comes to love stories...BUT I devoured this book! Literally picked it up every chance I got. I loved the writing, the romance (which was a main focus of the book) and even the adventure! I can’t wait to start the next book. Also, I no ...more
Leia Rose
This fell around 3.5 for me. I was super engaged right from the first few pages because I loved the author's voice and humor. That is what carried me through the book. There was a promise of adventure and danger and wit.

About 50-60% of the way in though I was feeling let down. I hadn't realized how romance heavy this would be and romance is really not my thing. So if you ARE a romance lover than yes, get this book! Great humorous voice and lots of romance.

But this is me and I'm not into the mus
Chelle
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I want to be able to sit here and give this book a glowing review. I was so excited to read it. Now, at the end, I feel a bit generous with four stars, but at the same time, it feels like a four-star read to me no matter how much it irritated me sometimes.

Mainly, the rest of the plot gets buried under a lot of dick-waving hypermasculine bullshit. Sebastian vs. Avery, Avery vs. Sebastian, blah. There was really no need for this love triangle to take over the book the way it did. Plus, I found it
Kendra Parker
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wasn’t sure what to expect from this book when I first got it. I only knew that I had enjoyed something else from Tapscott and wanted to try more of her work. I was quite pleasantly surprised by the humor and wit in the novel.

This has a very different feel from so many other fantasy adventure novels. The main character has a tendency to get into trouble, and she seems to be stalked by her ex-business partner/friend. They decide to do one more big project together and voila, the story is born.
Alexandria
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, fiction, romance
This book is definitely a super fun, easy read. I stumbled across these books on the Amazon website, immediately downloaded all five in the series, and read the four main books in one day. Due to real life getting in the way I haven't read the prequel yet, but I am excited to get into it this coming week. This book has fun action/adventure, great characters, and the author's sense of humor made me laugh hard enough to scare my cat out of my lap. The writing is really witty and clever, and though ...more
Karissa
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it

This is the first book in the Silver and Orchids series. I really enjoyed this fantasy adventure tale. This was an incredibly fun read that I whipped right through and found highly entertaining.

Lucia made a really bad investment that put both her and her business partner out of business and left them desperately lacking funds. When she sees an ad that will give her a ton of money for hunting down an orchid she decides it’s just the job she needs. However, her business partner (Sebastian) isn’t w
Shruti
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Moss forest orchid is a lovely book. I like Sebastian and Lucia. They make a great team. And their story is quite fun. Atleast as long as I think of it as their story of love and adventure because as a whole I'm not so sure what I think of it if I don't look at it from the character's point of view.

The book isn't exactly very interesting and I was torn between giving it a three or four stars. While I like the character and the layout along with most of the dialogues, I've seen much better works
Vibliophile
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omigosh I can't believe I almost didn't read this

I discovered Shari Tapscott's contemporary romances, which I absolutely love, earlier this year, and despite previously glancing at this series & thinking I had no interest, my recent reading of her delicious Obsidian Queen books under her pseudonym, Shannon Lynn Cook, left me *seriously* wanting more so I determined to give this a try. I totally loved it!!

It's fun, flirty, and a fairytale-ish Indiana Jones/Romancing the Stone kind of story;
Christi-Anne
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked it. I read the novella a few weeks before this, and I was so looking forward to it. And i absolutely enjoyed it- It lived up to my expectations.
Lucia is such fun! She stubborn and headstrong, but also loving and a little dependant on her business partner, while being completely independent and strong.
Captain Avery... I just, I don't know. I have a feeling it may change, but he just seems like someone who won't work out. But then, Sebastian was really sweet and all, and I really li
Isabella
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
(view spoiler)
Okay, well, now that that's out of the way, I'd like to say that I really enjoyed this book. It was well-written and the characters were fantastically developed. Unfortunately, it seems that I have accumulated emotional attachments to all the wrong ones.
The story was pretty good, but the best part about it was the romance, obviously, and this is
Tracy
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another fun read from one of my favorite authors. While I adore the adventure, light magic, and romance, I really love the humor in this book. I also like that with Tapscott’s characters, you get the romance and the adventure, but you also generally get a heroine who is down to earth and completely relatable. I loved Flink and hope we get discover more about him in the coming books. I wished that Sebastian’s character had been developed differently. I was ok with seeing him from Lucia’s perspect ...more
Camille Stratton
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an adventure book first and for most. But it's a bit of a girly adventure book. What do our heroes go in search of.... a flower.. ok, a very rare orchid. Could the fight scenes give us and little more... yes. But as I said before this in an adventure book. The story is about the adventure there's enough fighting and romance to keep us happily entertained as our heroes are gaining the job, searching for information on said job, then traveling to their final location and retrieving the obj ...more
Mercedes Salazar
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'll start this review by stating how much I adore the characters of this book. They are unique in personality and it jumps out at you from beginning to end. The story was well written, and certainly kept my attention.

There were many pages that I read as fast as I could to find out where the author was taking me, what wry twist she would add and what the outcome was going to be. In all the world building, character building & story were lovely.

The book itself is mild in the YA sense, there
The BookSeeker
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun, engaging read with a spunky adventuress. The story, which has all the elements of a good fantasy, might seem a little absorbed in Lucia’s feelings. She’s fun and outgoing, but selfish and unsure as well. Identifiable, and has a soft spot that she keeps hidden. An enjoyable read for anyone who loves a romantic fantasy.
---
Wondering about content?
The BookSeeker- Moss Forest Orchid
T.K.
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh Shari Tapscott, I love you! Your books create the most delightful vacations from life! I want to always be reading one! Please write many more books, very quickly. Thank you!!!

This one in particular is utterly charming from the first sentence of chapter one, and I KNEW I would be getting very little sleep until it was done. I love that her main character here is so different than the last book I read of Shari's, and yet just as believable. What an amazing writer she is!
Jolyn
Adventure, romance and a dragon too!

Sword fights, monsters, magic spells, pirates, and romance to boot. No wonder I didn't put this book down once I started reading it. I am eager to start reading the next book in the series and see what happens next to Lucia and Sebastian and the other characters.

Sex - a couple kisses with a bit of sizzle but the author kept it clean
Language - none
Violence - none
Religion - none
Joy
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: will-read-again
The characters in this book series are so real and like-able. The sentences flow well and the storyline is perfectly paced. I am surprised this series is not in the mainstream publishing world because it is better than most that are! The romance is just right, not too little or too much. The main character Lucia is not annoying with her inner emotions, and she goes for want she wants and what is right. I truly loved this book and can't wait to read the next 3 in the series!
Kristan Robbins
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Will start with saying this is not my usual read. More YA when I prefer more adult versions but still finished in one setting. I liked the authors writing style and the story was interesting enough to keep me entertained. All the characters were likable and I gave it five stars because I will be reading the next book in the series.
Antionette Goggans
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Slow start

This book has a slow start and I almost gave up on it. It’s picks up at the end. The main characters are too aloof and need more personality and some of the context is off kilter. The times with how women and men are treated differently but she leaves home and is running the world alone??
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Seahorse Legacy (Eyes of E'veria #3)
  • Embittered (King Arthur and Her Knights, #3)
  • The Midsummer Captives (Firethorn Chronicles #2)
  • The Revived (Second Age of Retha, #3)
  • The Mountain King (Dragon, Stone & Steam #1)
  • A Crown of Snow and Ice: A Retelling of The Snow Queen (Beyond the Four Kingdoms #3)
  • Aire
  • Spindle (Two Monarchies Sequence, #1)
  • The Spinner and the Slipper
  • The Theft of Sunlight (The Theft of Sunlight, #1)
  • Tears of the Sea
Shari L. Tapscott writes young adult fantasy and humorous contemporary fiction. When she's not writing or reading, she enjoys gardening, making soap, and pretending she can sing.

She loves white chocolate mochas, furry animals, spending time with her family, and characters who refuse to behave.

Tapscott lives in western Colorado with her husband, son, daughter, and two very spoiled Saint Bernards.

J

Silver and Orchids (4 books)
  • Greybrow Serpent (Silver and Orchids, #2)
  • Wildwood Larkwing (Silver and Orchids, #3)
  • Lily of the Desert (Silver and Orchids, #4)
“Tell me, what's the difference between tracking a wild beast and securing a husband?” 2 likes