Start by marking “Floored” as Want to Read:
Floored

Floored

The Breakfast Club meets One Day in Floored, a unique collaborative novel by seven bestselling and award-winning YA authors: Sara Barnard, Holly Bourne, Tanya Byrne, Non Pratt, Melinda Salisbury, Lisa Williamson and Eleanor Wood.

When they got in the lift, they were strangers (though didn't that guy used to be on TV?): Sasha, who is desperately trying to deliver a parcel; H
Published July 12th 2018 by Macmillan Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Floored, please sign up.
aquiverofwords Yes, multiple storylines contain romance.
…more
Yes, multiple storylines contain romance.
(less)

Shelves: 2018
This was so good!!! :')
Emer (A Little Haze)
Published today!

This is a collaborative UK Young Adult novel written by seven authors: Sara Barnard, Holly Bourne, Tanya Byrne, Non Pratt, Melinda Salisbury, Lisa Williamson and Eleanor Wood. The story starts with six teenagers, strangers to each other who are from all different walks of life, that each get into the one lift (elevator) in a TV broadcasting house and then share an experience that connects them all to each other for years to come.

I really enjoyed this book. Initially I was wonder
Abbie (boneseasonofglass)
Overall, I did enjoy reading this, it was a nice, quick read. However, I feel like we didn't get enough time to get to know each of the characters enough. Like we'd start to get to know one of them, and then it'd be on to another characters chapter. Which is a shame, because they were such great characters with so much to give

The story was really interesting, and seeing how all of the characters dealt with their lives and problems, and how this unlikely group of friends helped all of them to get
Kate (GirlReading)
Floored had an interesting premise and an undoubtedly intriguing structure, with its six different authors writing six different characters. I liked most of the characters and the plot was interesting but because there were so many characters, with so little time to get to know them, I don’t feel as though they had as much depth as they could have done. I didn’t necessarily warm to them and due to the consistent large time jumps, ‘things’ kept happening without much back story and therefore I di ...more
Stacey (prettybooks)
Floored is described as The Breakfast Club meets One Day; a unique collaborative novel by seven YA authors: Sara Barnard, Holly Bourne, Tanya Byrne, Non Pratt, Melinda Salisbury, Lisa Williamson and Eleanor Wood.

I’ve been in a reading slump for the past few months and knew what I needed was a fun, fast-paced YA contemporary novel. Floored is about six teenagers – six strangers – who meet when they get stuck in a lift with a man who suffers a heart attack, and continue to meet up on the anniversa
Marie Andrews
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
* 2.5 stars *

Floored follows the story of 6 individuals who get stuck in a lift and witness an event that brings them to meet up every year on the anniversary. This book had an interesting premise and is told over 5 years, meaning we get to see how their friendships and personal lives develop over time.

As some other reviews have said, I did think that perhaps 6 different perspectives became a bit too much at times and I often confused some of the background stories of the characters together. I
Fiona M
I found this book very hard to start with there being so many different POVs. I normally love a book with multi POV but there were times in this in the first 100 pages where I got very confused as to who was who doing what. I think becuase I read the first 100 pages in a few chunks and this is the kind of book you need to fully submerge yourself in to really enjoy it. Once I got to halfway I really started enjoying the book. I really liked how it ended and some of the character growth. I do feel ...more
Marjo
i've spent the last hour or so, gathering my thoughts on what i thought of this book, because i didnt really think anything of it. it wasn't absolutely terrible, but it wasn't amazing either. it was just okay.

floored is a collab between two authors who i've read and loved, and a few others who i'd heard wonderful things about, and the premise sounded epic, so needless to say i was very excited about this. but what could have been a beautiful book on friendship, found family & an underlying messa
Mel
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book has an air of mystery surrounding it. The blurb tells us that there are 6 point of view characters who get into an elevator one day, and a 7th mystery character who will reunite these characters on the same day for years to come. And as an added mystery, each character is written by a different YA author, and we aren't told who wrote what.

That's honestly enough to interest me to this book. I actually recently realized I do really enjoy "one day" type storylines, following the same day
Becky
I made it over halfway through. This book is just not for me I’m afraid. I just can’t get into it. It just feels so... overdone yet undercooked at the same time? There’s loads happening plot wise but you never get to learn any finer details about the characters and that really sucks. Sadly this is another DNF for me. I momentarily thought about continuing but I realised that I have books I know I’ll love on my TBR, and I did give this 53%, so yay!
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
DNF at 20%

While this book has an interesting premise, I am finding that there are just too many characters to keep track of. Also, it is just a bit to crass for me. Not a fan of the constant degrading comments.
Ghostly  Writer
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
I honestly couldn't fault this... I can't see the purpose of giving a 4.5 star rating, so I think this definitely deserves a 5 star rating! I connected with all of the characters in such different ways. They were all so unique- but connected to one-another at the same time.
Cora Tea Party Princess
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review to come.

While you wait, see what I did for the Blog Tour Here.
MariaWitBook
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and sometimes funny, but sad too.
Ellesha
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, reviewed-books
I don’t usually go for character driven stories and I have to be honest and say that the only reason I actually read this book is because Holly Bourne and Lisa Williamson wrote parts of it. However, I am extremely glad that I did, because thus book is so unique and different and what I love about it most is how diverse the characters are. They all have their own quirks and back story and are all so different. It tells a story of 6 people who meet in an odd situation which brings them back togeth ...more
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I first started 'Floored' I thought it was another cliche YA set in the 80s. The groovy front cover and the way it started had me wondering immediately what would happen. But as I read on, what I found was a diverse and heartwarming read.

"Perhaps all the who-fancies-whom nonsense is a distraction; a way of finding something - or someone - in the miserable mess of their lives to make it feel like they aren't being kicked repeatedly in the heart. Isn't that all any of us want?" (178).

The nov
Veronika
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Floored is a collaborative work of UK YA authors. It describes one day a year when a group of 6 characters meets.

I really liked this book, it surprised me a lot. I thought it will be a fun and cute story, but it turned out to be much more. I loved that it dealt with real issues and problems.

It's really hard to create six different distinguishable voices in one book, but the authors did it. I didn't even have to read the headline to see which character was talking. It was really nicely done.

On
Eleanor (bookishcourtier)
This book went up and down for me. There were some moments where I disliked it, and others where I was really enjoying it, but I think that overall I really liked this book. Personally, I thought it was really unique, in many different ways: the story itself, the way it was written and all the different characters. Of course, it was nowhere near perfect - there are a lot of things I would have changed about it, despite my four star rating. But there were also a lot of good things, and I think ...more
Bella
Jul 06, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars I think!

I did enjoy it but it didn’t blow me away. I think my reading tastes are changing tho because I know a year ago I’d have loved this! I liked the format and the different authors but it was a little disjointed sometimes - things happened between the yearly meet ups that I’d have liked to have seen developed.

Overall it was good tho, and I’m looking forward to hearing more about the writing process and more from the authors at YALC!
Katrina Waldman
This book was probably one of my most anticipated reads of the year. Because it brings together a few of my favourite YA authors into one big project, and I have a real weakness for books that include multiple POVs to read. I just find them more interesting. I have to say I enjoyed reading this too, it was an interesting experience trying to guess who wrote which character and also following my own emotional turmoil about which characters I did and didn't like. And believe me, my thoughts change ...more
Hannah
DNF

I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Well this was an unpleasant surprise. I thought I'd love this one, it features 2 authors I already love and the other 5 are all on my tbr so I was really excited to get to Floored.

Unfortunately, I knew I didn't like it very early on, the only character I actually liked was Velvet- everyone else was immediately self centred and facetious. I had no desire to carry on reading about any of them apart from maybe Kaitlyn, who
Bella
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-faves, favorites
Floored was amazing.

This was one of those books that you anticipate so much. I read all the articles I could find about it, I researched the authors ( yes- authors ). I WAS SO HAPPY WHEN I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only knew about Holly Bourne and Sara Barnard ( who I love, btw! ) when I read it, but now I really want to read the books of the others!

Sorry - I should probably tell you what the book is about before I get carried away!

Basically, this is a modern-day Breakfast Club... except it's diff
ThatBookGal
Jun 17, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked the concept of Floored but I don't think the execution was brilliant. The chapters were often too short, making it so you couldn't really get to know characters. I also really disliked the way the '7th' chapters were written, the ones that didn't focus specifically on a character. It was a fairly average read when all is said and done.
Kristina
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've just finished Floored and I need more of the characters! I loved this book and felt so attached to the story and the characters! Floored is a masterpiece in showcasing human emotions and attachments, as well as personal growth and the importance of chasing your dreams! I am secretly hoping for a sequel!
C
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars.

There were some cute moments and I didn’t hate it, but it was still a struggle to get through and I really didn’t care for half of the characters.
Judy
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really, really enjoyed this - what a creative and fun idea to let seven authors work on one story! I loved following these characters throughout the years and felt like every one got their moment to shine.
Manon the Malicious
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
*4.25 Stars*

Highly enjoyable story. Read it in less than a day. It had complex characters and interesting dynamics.
Trisha
Engaging characters, interesting format and style and seamless integration of the multiple authors.
Holly Sparks
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a book! I adored this from start to finish. I couldn’t recommend this book more. Every character was filled with life and the story was so cute. A perfect summer read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Quarterly Postal ...: July 2019: "Floored" - Cristina's pick 1 8 May 31, 2019 04:19PM

• Are We All Lemmings and Snowflakes?
  • What Magic Is This?
  • Paper Avalanche
  • The Places I've Cried in Public
  • Theatrical
  • Bookshop Girl (Bookshop ​Girl, #1)
  • Only Love Can Break Your Heart
  • The Truth About Lies
  • My Heart Goes Bang
  • Run, Rebel
  • Toffee
  • The Paper & Hearts Society (The Paper & Hearts Society #1)
  • Meat Market