Start by marking “Adventure Time Comics Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Adventure Time Comics Vol. 1

Adventure Time Comics Vol. 1

(Adventure Time Comics #1)

WHAT TIME IS IT?! It’s Adventure Time Comics time! C’mon and grab your friends for this amazing collection of short stories from cartoonists all over the world. Featuring the amazing talent of Katie Cook (My Little Pony), Art Baltazar (Tiny Titans), Tony Millionaire (Maakies and the Sock Monkey), Box Brown (Andre the Giant) and many, many more. These sweet shorts come in m ...more
Published February 22nd 2017 by BOOM! - KaBOOM!

To ask other readers questions about Adventure Time Comics Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adventure Time Comics Vol. 1

Morris
“Adventure Time Comics Vol. 1” is the perfect comic collection for beginning readers. All of the beloved characters from the show are there, and the stories are short but fun. Each story features a different artistic style, so it is also a good introduction to the world of comics in general. Of course, it isn’t just for kids!

This unbiased review is based upon a complimentary copy provided by the publisher.
Alison
Apr 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I love Adventure Time but this wasn't what I thought it was. This was just a collection of random mini comics from various artists and some of them were only like 2 pages long.
Ryan
Mar 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I have to be honest. I have never read or seen adventure time until now. This is probably not the best book for a novice. I say this because it is a collection of comic shorts by various people across the world. For example Art Balthazar does the first comic about the toothpaste fairy. If you liked the Tiny Titans, then you would love that comic. There are some dark ones in the style of Prince Valiant etc. I think those who already know and love the series, will love this book. As for me, it was ...more
Alex Sarll
Shorts from creators who can't necessarily commit to a whole issue but nonetheless want a chance to play in Ooo, and who can blame them? Kelly Thompson, Tony Millionaire, Veronica Fish (whose two pages are maybe the most beautiful thing here), Jim Zub...a lot of the contributions are fairly slight, but they're generally sweet with it. The real problem only arises in a couple of stories where the characters are drawn vaguely realistically, with noses and such, which I always find unsettling.
Karen
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Hermoso. Recuerdo esos días donde era una fanática asidua de las caricaturas y pasaba mucho tiempo viendo Cartoon Network.
Cada historia tiene un toque diferente (obvio porque cada una es de uno o dos artistas distintos) pero la verdad es que la mezcla de tanta creatividad me dejó deleitada, sin duda es una novela gráfica que enamora, tanto si eres fan de Hora de Aventura como si no.
Marc-André
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

This is a collection of short comics that take place in the Adventure Time world. Each comic is a just a few pages long and each one is written and drawed by a different author.

The art is generally top notch for each comic, and each author use their own personal style to convey their vision of Adventure Time. I perticularly liked the realistic and detailed style of Greg Smallwood in "The Greatest Warrior Ever".

The problem with
Grace (The Reading Raindoe)
This anthology has a really cute feel to it. Every story has a different artist, but the cuteness is maintained throughout the book. I specifically love Katie Cook and Sophia Foster-Dimino’s art. I also love the party bears in the BMO Deluxe issue. The Veronica Fish issue is beautiful, as well. I will say that some of these stories felt like they weren’t quite detailed enough and were more just filler. However, I think the book overall was fairly entertaining and enjoyable. I would recommend it ...more
Kaitlin
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: gettinggraphic
This was one of my #GettingGraphic reads and it's an anthology of different short stories and artists set in the Adventure Time world. Because of the nature of the anthology there was a range of good and not as good so I ended up rating this just 3*s. It's a likeable read and there were a few stories that did stand out, but as they are all so very short it's hard to really get into and enjoy. I doubt I'll read more in the anthology series, as I think it was just a mixed bag, but I will for sure ...more
tyto
Mar 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I received this from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is such a fun collection - it's super short stories written and illustrated by a bunch of different people. This means that you get to experience Adventure Time from a bunch of different perspectives and in different illustration styles (one of my favorite things). Despite the different writers, the collection maintains the spirit and quirkiness of the show, and they really nailed the characterizations. If you enjoy the one-off
Anna
Dec 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny-pages
Fun lil shorts collected together. absolutely non-sequitur stuff, not to be confused with the _other_ Adventure Time comicbooks line
Some art is utterly ridiculous (Finn's lullaby), some utterly amazing and I need 3 seasons and a movie of (Marceline & Bubblegum Lost In Space)
Couple other fav shorts - Good Shelf (looks like it came straight from the show) and Greatest Warrior Ever (if gritty realistic artstyle, yeah!)

There's also the full covers gallery in the back.
Halim
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This book was totally DOPE! It perfectly captured the humor and authenticity of the TV Show while featuring gorgeous visuals. I also like the fact that each short story/segment had its own unique drawing/art style. Not one segment was like the other and that’s where the power of this book comes from. I can’t wait to read other installments and lost myself in the land of Ooo!!!
McKinlay Dennis
*i received a copy of this from the publisher and netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

i've only seen this show a handful of times and still found this collection to be really fun and entertaining. i'm sure for someone who loves the show, it'd be a 5 star read!
Kathleen
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the diversity of art styles in this book! The realistic ones are especially funny since the characters are usually super cartoony! All these stories are great, and I could totally see them happening on the show.
Jason Scott
Uneven, quick read.
Sara
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Colorful and fun if you like the show you will enjoy it
Hamster
Not bad. I don't enjoy the piddly short comics as much as the longer semi-thought-out ones. The different styles are fun though. Some are downright strange.
Scott wachter
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
8 page mixed bags.
Kristine
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazon-reviewed
Adventure Time Comics, Vol. 1 by....a Whole Lot of People and the Kitchen Sink is a free NetGalley e-comicbook that I read in late March.

A giant conglomerate parfait of different art styles, Princesses, Princes, and Kings, all within 15 one-shot, internally disconnected stories and replete with the randomness that I love from the TV show. Oh, and dizzyingly Technicolor bright colors abound.
John Duggan
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Never really been into Adventure Time (I think I have seen two episodes) but I liked the different art styles and the silly humour. if you are looking for a good quick laugh this book is perfect.
Wendi Lee
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received this copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

I am a big fan of both the Adventure Time TV show and the comic books, so I was delighted to have a chance to read this compilation of different cartoonists showing their version of the Land of Ooo! My favorites were "BMO Deluxe," "Riviera Reverie," and "Ticked-Off." As these were all shorts, they didn't have the complexity of the regular Adventure Time graphic novels. However, the different illustrations of
Harris
Lucky
May 23, 2018
Wayne McCoy
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
'Adventure Time Comics Vol. 1' is a series of short adventures by lots of different writers and artists. It's a really creative graphic novel.

With stories by Art Baltazar, Katie Cook, Tony Millionaire and others, there are new stories and art styles every few pages. There is a story about the toothpaste fairy who lives in the castle Jake makes out of Finn's toothpaste. Finn thinks he can build bookshelves and furniture, but he uses squirrel wood, so the furniture turns into piles of squirrels. M
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I graduated from the College for Creative Studies in 2004 with a BFA in illustration, my love of cartooning and comics has led me to where i am today.

I've done licensed work for DC, Marvel, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic, Fraggle Rock and more. I love being a nerd, so being able to draw nerdy things for a living is the best thing ever.

I'm married to the best guy

Adventure Time Comics (6 books)
  • Adventure Time Comics Vol. 3