Start by marking “Get Wilde (A Checkmate Inc. Novel #3)” as Want to Read:
Get Wilde (A Checkmate Inc. Novel #3)

Get Wilde (Checkmate, Inc #3)

"She wants to get Wilde. She should be careful what she asks for." --Ethan Wilde

There are worse things in life than owning a thriving business in the heart of Manhattan and being labeled one of the Big Apple's most eligible bachelors. Trust me, I know. I've had some bad $h!t go down before I got to where I am.

No matter what curve balls life lobs at me, I take a swing. If
Published May 8th 2017 by A Touch of Sass LLC

To ask other readers questions about Get Wilde, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get Wilde

DJ Sakata
May 05, 2017 DJ Sakata rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

She’s kind of scary when she gets pissed off. Angry Grace grows fangs and hair on her knuckles.

Poor guy. He must’ve lost his spot in line when they were handing out IQs.

So, go pitch a tent under her apartment window and sing love songs until she gives in a agrees to talk to you… The fact that you’re willing to embarrass yourself for her will melt her heart. Or she’ll hear you out just to get you to stop singing.

My Review:

Get Wilde was a quick and jocular read - packed with naugh
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Get Wilde is the third book in the Checkmate, Inc. series. Each book can be read as a standalone since they are each about a different couple. This is the second book I have read in the series and I met Ethan Wilde in Rookie Moves. He met the men of Checkmate, Inc. back in college and now they are great friends and the men work out in Ethan's gyms around Manhattan. Well...this is Ethan's story. And it's about to get twisted...

Ethan Wilde has one rule. One rule that hasn't broken in seven years.
Heather
Apr 10, 2017 Heather rated it it was amazing
IrishdaisylovesRomance
May 10, 2017 IrishdaisylovesRomance rated it it was amazing
This was another great read by Shelly Alexander. It was sexy, steamy, fun, sweet, flirty and extremely HOT!! Still recovering from a broken heart years earlier Ethan guards his heart while keeping women a good distance away from it, not letting anyone get close. Adeline isn't looking for anything in the Love department either especially after the last guy she let get close to her. Funnily enough isn't it always at times like this when love catches you by surprise and knocks you on your a$$!!
I lo
Stacey Broadbent
Apr 23, 2017 Stacey Broadbent rated it it was amazing
Once again, Shelly Alexander has knocked it out of the park!

Get Wilde is about Ethan Wilde who runs the successful chain of gyms, A Pound of Flesh. He wants to take his chain further afield, but to do that, he needs more cash. That's where the competition, Weekend Warriors, comes in. This fast-paced competition has some big sponsors, and a lot of money riding on it. If he can train his team to be the best, he'll be in for a cool million - just the cash injection he needs.

I'll be honest, at firs
Literary Epic
Apr 27, 2017 Literary Epic rated it really liked it
Both Ethan and Adeline have been hurt and thrown of balance in the past. Both have walls up so high that they can’t really see what is in front of them but are working through some of their past obstacles (in more ways than one) and they give in to one night of passion BUT one night isn’t enough.

This book was fast, furious and smoking hot! These characters held their own, had an obscene amount of sexual chemistry and their banter was wicked!

A great book which you can read as a standalone, I don’
Amy Leibenguth
Apr 23, 2017 Amy Leibenguth rated it it was amazing
Absolutely great story! Ethan and Adeline had an instant spark when they met in the bar. Adeline is there to meet a blind date and mistakes Ethan for her date. She's surprised when she realizes he's not her blind date. She's even more surprised to find out he is the coach she will be competing against in a weekend warrior event. Both great characters and a great plot for the story. This is a book in a series but clearly standalone. It is the only book in the series I have read and no issues foll ...more
Shannon Godwin
Apr 18, 2017 Shannon Godwin rated it it was amazing
I loved reading about Ethan and Adeline! This book is all about showing how hard it really is to be an athelete. This book kept me well drawn in, however, it wasn't hard because I do love my sports! You do see in the book just how mean some people can be when competing and just what links some are willing to go to sabatoge others. I am soo looking forward to reading more of Alexanders books!! I have to say... I really like Ethan!!
Patricia Myers
Apr 13, 2017 Patricia Myers rated it it was amazing
This is another great story by Ms. Alexander.It was sexy and steamy.I loved Ethan's nickname for Adeline. It was a teriffic story. It showed how hard althletes have to train and the underhanded actions of some to sabatoge althletes better than them. It was great at the end when Ethan used his part of the prize money to surprise Adeline. It kept me reading to the end.
Kathy Osborn
May 04, 2017 Kathy Osborn rated it it was amazing
Get Wilde: A Checkmate Inc Novel is the third book in the Checkmate, INC. series. It is packed with steam, romance, and lively dialoged between two characters that were both hurt in the past.

Ethan, owner of A Pound of Flesh gym wants to expand, but must first win the Weekend Warrior competition in order to achieve his goals. Ethan has one rule of one night only with the ladies and he is not about to break that rule.

Adeline, owner of yoga studio is struggling as her ex-boyfriend ran off with al
Seraphim  Book Reviews
Get Wilde is a wonderful novel. I was excited to read it because I've read other books in the series and loved the main male character when I met him. I knew he was a character we had to get to know. This book is a contemporary romance with lots of heat and drama.

I couldn't wait to read this book. Ethan was an interesting character for me from the time I met him as a minor character. I knew he had something going on with him that needed to be explored. The plot of this book follows Ethan while h
Joanne Swinney
May 07, 2017 Joanne Swinney rated it it was amazing

I think everyone should Get Wilde at least once in their life. Ethan Wilde will certainly entertain you with his hot as sin body, and smooth, dirty talking.
This was a fun and flirty shorter read than Shelly Alexander’s other Romance series, but still just as enjoyable.

If you have read any of other books in this Checkmate, Inc series you will know that Ethan is a friend of our loveable geeksters. Come to think of it if you haven’t read now is the time to download. Foreplay and Rookie Moves are o
Meghan
May 08, 2017 Meghan rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

I Give Get Wilde by Shelly Alexander five stars. This is book three of the Checkmate Inc. Series. This can be read as a standalone but the first two books are such a great ready I would suggest reading those two first. This book was very well written and was a very quick read. This book was fun, flirty and dirty and was written in the males point of view. Like all of Shelly’s other books I had a very hard time putting it down. This book did not have any violence and there was some sexual
BookSnuggle
May 08, 2017 BookSnuggle rated it it was amazing
Get Wilde by Shelly Alexander is book number three in the Checkmate Inc. series. This is Ethan Wilde (Dick) and Adeline McAllister's story (Red). Ethan is the trainer that got the Checkmate guys all buff. This can also be read as a standalone but I recommend that you read the other books in this hot series just because they are so good!

Ethan and Adeline have both experienced tragic career changes. One minute they had a promising career in their sport and the next minute that dream was crushed. A
JoDeen
May 10, 2017 JoDeen rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of Shelly Alexander books so I always get so excited for her book releases. The minute I was able to get my hands hands on a copy of Get Wilde , I got into the story and It was just a fantastic read ! I loved it !

In this book we follow Ethan and Adeline and I love these two together we get to see them go from falling in Lust to Love over the course of this book and I loved every minute of it . Shelly Alexander books are always filled with swoon worthy romance, but this one in part
Abby
May 08, 2017 Abby rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! It was a fast, fun, sweet, endearing read. I haven't read the other books in this series, but I didn't feel lost. However, I do want to go back and read them now! Ethan had his heart broken years ago and now he keeps women at arms length. Adeline, too, has had her heart broken, amongst other things that happened to her, due to the last guy she let in. She's not looking for love. She's looking to keep her head above water.
I loved the banter between them. I enjoyed
Momma Hellmouth
My Review of Get Wilde by Shelley Alexander
My Rating 4.5 Stars

What can I say, I didn’t read the first books in The Checkmate Series, I did however absolutely love this one and will for sure pick up and read the first two books in this series.
Ethan Wilde and Ms. Adeline have some chemistry, the banter was great I enjoyed each character a lot. If you had to go on a blind date, why not make it a Wilde Date!!
Ethan’s character is a fun, alpha male and Adeline is feisty, and has a quick wit to her. Th
Julie Gustafson-Monk
May 08, 2017 Julie Gustafson-Monk rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
Reviewed on behalf of 2 Girls Who Love Books Blog

This is the first book I have read by this author. I have read that this is a standalone book but features characters from other books. I will say that I should have went back to read the books before this one. I wasn't lost at all but felt I needed the back story. This is Ethan and Adeline's story. One that is full of steamy sex scenes. I did feel that it lacked a storyline. I wanted more than just the sex. I wanted to feel the story. I just coul
Nicole Smith
May 08, 2017 Nicole Smith rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic-comedy
This s my favorite one in the series so far. I just loved Ethan. The book is told from his point of view and it gave me a different perspective. As someone who likes dual points of view I really didn't notice it was just from Ethan's point of view. In my book bang up job on Shelly Alexander's writing. I was instantly hooked on the characters. Adeline is a strong heroine just having a little bump in the road. She brings out a side of Ethan he thought was left dormant. I did find myself laughing q ...more
Nicole
May 06, 2017 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-my-kindle
MY REVIEW: SMOKING HOT!

Wow! If you’re looking for something super fun and steamy, this is great. It’s not a heavy read; very entertaining. Perfect for spending a weekend in bed. Adeline is a cute and headstrong girl who has overcome many obstacles. Ethan was a good guy, with potential to be a jerk, but he’s got a heart of gold. Even when he does some boneheaded things, you’re rooting for him to win. What makes this series amusing is that it’s written entirely from the male POV, so it’s crass wit
Patricia Flanagan
Jul 17, 2017 Patricia Flanagan rated it it was amazing
Will the Winner take all?

Think American Ninja reality game series here folks. Two hard working teams training for the Weekend Warrior Event at Madison Square Garden. Two hardworking coaches with their dreams of winning their goal. Do they take the time to explore the new pulsating beat they feel in each others presence. Of course they do, and now its Game On! Get hot and sweaty with " Red" and "Dick" as they explore their feelings and each others bodies while Murphy's law seems to hit from all s
Suszet Roberts
May 15, 2017 Suszet Roberts rated it it was amazing
Challenges

No no no, just when the book was getting extra juicy it ends. Ethan oh my and Adeline, I'm glad that his secret came out, I know that his heart was in the right place but it would have derailed the budding relationship. I wanted to find out whether or not Andre got his just deserves, but I realized that the story was more about Adeline and Ethan learning to trust again. Such a engrossing story,loved ever minute, I would like to hear more about Grace
Victoria
May 08, 2017 Victoria rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this story! It's fun, sexy and steamy read. It will pull you in from the beginning. It's well written with characters you will love. I enjoyed the sexy banter between the characters. The chemistry is dirty, steamy and off the charts sizzling. This story will not disappoint. I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of the book.
Aisling Cooper
May 08, 2017 Aisling Cooper rated it it was amazing
This is my first story I've read by Ms. Alexander and if didn't disappoint! It was sexy and steamy in all the right places. It also showed his hard athletes train and what some people are willing to do to sabotage the effort they have put in and kept me reading till the end.

Reviewed for Amo and Sarah corner gifted for an honest review
Jacki
Jul 07, 2017 Jacki rated it it was amazing
Great Story!

Loved this third book in the Checkmate series. Always wonderful to read about characters who overcome adversity and obstacles in their lives (especially real obstacle courses!) and move forward successfully. Sexy chemistry between Adeline and Ethan.
Stacie Marquart
May 12, 2017 Stacie Marquart rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. well worth your time to read.
Chelsie M
Chelsie M rated it liked it
May 10, 2017
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2017
Vicky Wilson
Vicky Wilson rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2017
Priya Yallapantula
Priya Yallapantula rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Change cover please 6 26 Mar 28, 2017 10:32PM
A 2014 Golden Heart® finalist, Shelly Alexander grew up traveling the world, earned a bachelor’s degree in marketing, and worked in the business world for twenty-five years. With four older brothers, she watched every Star Trek episode ever made, joined the softball team instead of ballet class, and played with G.I. Joes while the Barbie Corvette stayed tucked in the closet. When she had three son ...more
More about Shelly Alexander...

Checkmate, Inc (3 books)
  • ForePlay (Checkmate, Inc.)
  • Rookie Moves (A Checkmate Inc. Novel)