Start by marking “Where I Belong (Alabama Summer, #1)” as Want to Read:
Where I Belong (Alabama Summer, #1)

Where I Belong

(Alabama Summer #1)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  22,372 ratings  ·  1,794 reviews
This is an alternate cover edition for B00LD6IYUS

A New York Times bestselling enemies to lovers STANDALONE
romance.

When Mia Corelli returns to Alabama for a summer of fun with her childhood best friend, Tessa, there's only one thing keeping her on edge. One person that she’d do anything to avoid.

Benjamin Kelly. World’s biggest dickhead.

Mia hates him with a fury and has no
Published February 2017 by J. Daniels (first published June 27th 2014)

Christy
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
 photo 484177b5-ff94-47d7-8db9-5682c233f68c_zpsbou429fb.jpg

Where I Belong is a sweet and sexy summer romance, but it’s more than that. It’s a story about two people who loathed each other falling in love. Oh how I love these hate/love relationships.

Mia Corelli has been best friends with Tessa Kelly since she was a child. She now lives in Georgia and Tessa in Alabama. Mia decides to get away from all thats going on in her life and spend the summer with Tessa, who she hasn’t seen in a long time. Mia has decided to start her summer with a bang when she g
Kristen
3 Stars

I enjoyed this book and I would have given it a higher rating if it wasn't for Tessa, Mia's best friend. Her constant sexual comments about her brother, Ben, the hero, were disconcerting to say the least. Other than that disturbing aspect of the story, Where I Belong was a fun read.
Lisa Jayne
FOUR SUMMER LOVE STARS.

"what happens when the one person you wish never existed becomes the one person you can't imagine being without?"

description

If you are on the look out for a new author to fall in love with, then stop right here. This is the second J Daniels novel that I have devoured and I can lovingly recommend this fabulous author who produces Well written novels with plenty of fantastic sex scenes and gorgeously thought out story lines. 'Where I belong' was a story that I couldn't help but fall
Pearl Angeli
DNF @ 43%

That's it. I'm out.

I've tried so hard to like this book because of so many positive reviews. Unfortunately it didn't measure up. I've been putting this book down for days and every time I try to go back and continue it, it just didn't work out.

I really didn’t care about any of the characters and that's the main problem I had with this book. Also, I find everything so far-fetched. I couldn't believe how the heroine Mia Corelli turned into a total vixen after being deflowered by Ben in a
Jenny
Jul 08, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ummmmmmmm......

photo What-the-fuck-GIFS.gif

photo keshagif.gif

What is going on here??
DNF @ 24%. Why?

Well, let me give you a brief synopsis as to what I read so far....

Mia is heading back to her Alabama to spend the summer with her childhood best friend, Tessa.

Growing up, Mia was tortured by Tessa brother, Ben. Ben was cruel, but your typical teenager who saw his sister and her best friend as leeches to his too cool ways.

While driving, Mia decides to stop at bar and look for the guy who she is going to give up her virginity to because she
Beverly

I absolutely love brother’s best friend books. They encompasses two of my favorite things forbidden love and second chance love. This isn’t a case of forbidden love, since Ben’s sister is more than happy for them to date. However, it is the a perfect example of second chance love.

The story begins with Mia coming back to Alabama to visit her best friend for the summer. She is so excited to have this summer of fun, but is dreading seeing Ben Kelly, the guy who made her childhood a nightmare. Mia a
ღFloღ the coffee addict
4 I don't even know what I'm doing here STARS

“This is where I belong. Wherever you are. Always.”

I'm trapped in chick-flick hell or maybe heaven? Not sure. Either way...send help!

So, here is the thing. I just needed a little change of pace because the emotional head-trip of a book I'm reading right now was fucking up my good Easter mood and I thought chick flick, something light and fun and cheesy is exactly what I need.

Don't fall for it, it's a god damn trap. I'm already on the second book a
Sleepless Readmore
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
4 I belong in Alabama ..
with Ben .. handcuffed preferably! STARS

Mia and Benjamin

So, baby
So please don't judge me
And I won't judge you ..►♫

I'll never hurt you, Mia,
and I'll fucking kill anyone that does .."

Just let the past
Just be the past ..►♫

Sleep, angel.
You have me.
I'm never letting you go .."

And if you love me
Then let it be beautiful ..►♫

description

Am I glad that I stumbled across this novel! I REALLY enjoyed this one for a first time read by this author. Not disappointed and I will be checkin
Geri Reads
3.5 cute stars!

I liked this one but didn't love it. I don't mind virgin heroines but Mia was a bit too much of a Mary Sue for my taste. At least, she acts like one in one scene and then goes full on slutty queen the next, I got whiplash. I wish there was more push and pull between Ben and Mia. I mean, there was because Mia tried to stay away from him but she ruins it by constantly thinking about climbing his monster cock to be believable.

So yeah, it was cute, fun, easy read but not my favorite.
Catarina
4,5 Summer Love Stars.

Mia is getting a break from her own life and decides to spend the summer back in Alabama, with her best-friend Tessa.
In her first night there she decides it’s time to get lose and loses her virginity to a stranger that she can’t get out of her mind.
The next day she discovers that the stranger is Ben, Tessa’s older brother who made her life hell when they were younger. But now Ben isn’t the bad boy he once was, nor is Mia the annoying little girl. And this time, Ben is d
Maria...
Re-read 15/2/2016: one of my Favorite Books!!!

"5 Ben+Mia=Insatiable couple!!!

I FREAKING LOVE this book!!!

I FREAKING LOVE this series!!!

I FREAKING LOVE this author!!!

Every time I re-read this book I feel like I read it for the first damn time!
And I love it even more!I'm just going to warn you my friends you're going to read a LOT the words LOVE,AMAZING,HOOT,DIRTY, ROUGH, POSSESSIVE, ALPHA-MALE!Ok let's keep it PG here...
I'm overreacting, aren't I?????NOOOOOO I don't think so!!!
This book is about
Rag
3 'I hated you but now I love you' Stars

photo image_zpslww2bdhi.jpg

Ben was a bully. He bullied his sister's best friend Mia. He would call her names like "ugly" and "fat". He was your typical teenage bully.

photo image_zpsubkbkgay.jpg

But what he didn't know was that how much it affected Mia. She would never show him how much he got to her and she would never cry in front of him. She hated him.

I hated him with a fury. I was convinced that his sole purpose in life was to break me down to nothing. And he succeeded on more than one occasion

Before the
V. PARENTAL GUIDANCE ALERT:  A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you
I don't know about this book but apparently the sequel has cheating OW activity. This book seems to be also unsafe because (correct me if I'm wrong) (view spoiler)

Passing on this one.
Cristina | CristiinaReads
➳J. Daniels has done it again... And WHAT A FREAKING STORY!

➳Ben and Mia are absolutely adorable together. And Nolan? My heart breaks for him because he is just too cute for a three year old to be true ("that's why its a fictional book, Cristina...")

➳I know, I know... I just want to hug him and cuddle him for days and watch Mike the Knight with him every single day! This story has spoiled me 100 PERCENT! I want more and more! I cannot believe I just got to reading this series and I honestly am
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Omg omg I loved it so much!!!Super hot ❤❤❤❤ review to come!!!
Didi
3.5 STARS

This was a cute and steamy enemies to lovers type of story. It also had the whole little sisters bestie going for it, which I love. It was also in dual pov's, love that too. Mia is returning to Alabama to spend the summer with her best friend, Tessa. Mia's been taking care of her mom, who's sick, so despite being reluctant to leave her, her moms insistence seals the deal. Mia hasn't been back to Alabama in 9 years. The one person she's dreading seeing is Tessa's big brother, Ben.
For ye
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

Just...I'm sorry Pea, but...ugh. No words.

photo 0e3c129f83295f0af4d2ed528855512b.jpg_zpspjwcnojk.gif

The shelves say it all....Ben has some pretty hot dialogues, though. There's that.

For more of my reviews, please visit:
descriptive text here

Anne OK
Jun 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
2.5 Stars

Oh how sad I am! Once again I find myself in the minority and questioning whether I'm reading the same book others are. I'm certainly asking, "Hey, what's the deal?" This one was a big disappointment.

My basic problems stemmed from an overload of redundant sex without much meaning (or at least in my opinion). I kept chanting, "Less is more . . . meaningful." After awhile, I just gave up and skimmed the filler because I wasn't missing anything I hadn't already read more than several times
Karen Mc
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My name is Karen and I confess that I've been a hoarder of this book for nearly three years or a month after its release...UNTIL NOW. Until I conquered Ben. ALL of him.

Not even five percent in and I was SHUDDERING, the steam, sorrow, and sweetness sank into my soul. I was BREATHLESS as my heart pounded out of my chest, chasing every wondrous word. Every part of me was in every word of this story. Hook. Line. Sinker.

Ben, oh Alabama Alpha! His possessive words POSSESSED ME! Add those to his tall
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'I Belong to You' Stars!

I got this bad boy for free a few days ago and I am so happy I decided to read it! J. Daniels stole my heart with her Sweet Addiction series and now I am sure I will fall in love with her Alabama Summer series too because I really enjoyed Where I Belong!

It was funny, cute and oh-so-hot! The chemistry between Ben and Mia is amazing since the very first moment they lay eyes on each other. Also, Nolan is the cutest boy ever (I just adore single-dad stories, man!). Obvious
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star-books
4 Super Cute Summer Stars

I read Sweet addiction and so I was wondering if Where I Belong would make me feel the same. Where I belong isn’t a funny read, but it was very sweet and enjoyable.

Summary

Mia has been tormented by her best friend’s brother for years. She moved away and hasn’t seen him in nine years. Now, she’s back for the summer and she wants nothing to do with him.

Or she thinks she does, until she meets a stranger at a bar the first time she arrives into town.

She doesn’t know that the
Raine
OMG! Totally loved this book! This is my new favorite author! Love the POV from both Mia and Ben. I also absolutely adore Nolan. I can't wait for the 2nd book about Luke and Tessa. I just checked her other books and it seems she only has one other book out called Sweet Addiction (Sweet Addiction, #1) by J. Daniels, which I bought right away ($.99 on smile.amazon.com).

I have a weakness for dirty talkers and Ben is certainly one and a cop to boot!!!

Read it, you can go wrong!

***Reread for the 2nd time***
Still loved it!!! Ben is super hot and sexy
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ
*2.75 stars*
description

My first from this author and I'm kinda disappointed with it!

The story was unrealistic and underwhelmed, so were the characters. I'm all for cute/sweet love stories involving a kid but this was way too cheesy and overdone! I hated the terms of endearment like angel/baby used constantly after having meet only once??! Don't get me started on the sex! it basically overtook the plot itself. For most parts I was wondering how/when did they fall in love with all the sex and sexual fantasy
Liv ☾
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS!

☾HOLY HOT COP. I may be forgetting one, but I'm pretty sure this is my first cop book?! Like I swear the police uniform thing is new to me! Gosh now I need more...

☾Truthfully I saw this book on Instagram because it was in sale. I have a list of books on my reading hitlist and because I'm a procrastinator, I downloaded this instead :) I'm already a huge fan of the author and knew I would enjoy this, and I did. SO SO much.

☾Ben annoyed me in the beginning, mostly because his infatuation w
seton
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to seton by: CJP
I like sister's BFF romances so I tried this.

The bk started off hot and it has some humour but there was something off about it. It lacked finesse, I guess. Little things set me off.

For example, H picks up h at a bar and his pickup lines are so cheesy and crude that it's hard to believe any woman with an average IQ would find that attractive.

Then there is the H's sister who wanted to know all the dirty details of her bro's sexual performance including whether his cock is 9 inches like she heard
♥Trish♥
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-battle
Ben and Mia.... WOW! Fucking hot! What a wonderful story J has created with these two. The characters are all awesome, can't wait to find out which characters story will be next.

If you haven't read J's work yet, I can't recommend it enough. She is a hell of a storyteller with great smut thrown in. I can't wait for her next work.

If you did read Sweet Addiction and didn't think anyone could be hotter than Reese, jut wait until you meet Ben. Hot alpha cop, dirty talker extreme. Love him.

Keep them c
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: February 2017
Genre: Contemporary, Southern Romance
Actual Rating: 5 stars

Once again, I am literally KICKING myself for not reading this book sooner. How I let these amazing novels slip through the cracks is beyond me, but at least I got to it and fell in love! Where I Belong is the first book in the Alabama Summer series. Technically it can stand alone, but from what I am getting from the story and interconnected characters who have their own books, they should be read in orde
April
 photo BeFunky_Benjpg_zps0010125f.jpg
This is one of the reasons Mia and her mom moved away years ago, but she has always kept in touch with her BFF Tessa (sister to her tormentor).

It`s been years since she`s seen Tessa, so with a tempting invitation to spend the summer with her, she packs her bags for a fun filled summer.

Mia has only one thing to take care of before she sees Tessa, and that is to ditch her V card.

She ventures to a bar where she meets the "Perfect" candidate.

Years away from her hometown has changed Mia and she is r
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015

✯✯✯✯ 1/2 Stars

“Little Miss Unwilling to Let Go of the Past.”

We had originally planned to start this series at Book #3 as we were told each could be read as standalone. So, we started reading When I Fall, however, by 20% we had to put it down. Why? Well, we fell in complete book love with the other characters who’d each had a book already. Hence, a book binge began as we read Where I belong and All I Want in one sitting. J Daniels is a brilliant Author; she reeled us in hook line and sinker wit
Jen
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 I’d risk it all Stars!

Okay, I have to gush just a little bit. This author has become an absolute favorite of mine. Her writing seems to tick all of the warm and fuzzy love boxes for me. Her Sweet Addiction series first caught my attention and she continues to have my attention with the Alabama Summer series.

Anyway!!...on to my review.

Where I Belong is the love/hate story of Mia and Ben. Mia is the best friend of Ben’s sister Tessa. Growing up Ben was always mean to Mia and tormented her at ev
New Adult Book Club: J. Daniels Signed Alabama Summer Series Giveaway ~ CLOSED!! 40 117 May 22, 2016 09:01PM
New Adult Book Club: This topic has been closed to new comments. Q&A with J. Daniels CLOSED 15 39 Jul 29, 2015 12:44AM
  • Avoiding Amy Jackson (Infamous, #2)
  • Captive Cowboy (Captured Hearts, #2)
  • The Fight for Us (Bristol Island, #1)
  • Incinerate (Explosive, #2)
  • Explicit Detail (Explicit, #2)
  • Breaking Shaun (Breaking Free, #2)
  • Puss in Boots (Timeless Fairy Tales, #6)
  • Until November (Until, #1)
  • Smoldering
  • Wolf at the Door (Snowdonia Wolves #1)
  • Sweet Hell (Greek God, #2)
  • Stricken Trust (Stricken Rock, #3)
  • Stolen Course (Wrecked and Ruined, #2)
  • Bender (The Core Four, #1)
  • The Perfect Stroke (Lucas Brothers, #1)
  • Sweet Home (Sweet Home, #1)
  • Beautiful Salvation (Blood Prince, #5)
  • Take It Like a Vamp (Take It Like a Vamp, #1)
J. Daniels is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Alabama Summer, Dirty Deeds and Sweet Addiction series.

Best known for her sexy, small-town romances, her debut novel, Sweet Addiction, was first published in 2014 and went on to become an international bestseller. Since then, she has published more than ten novels, including the Dirty Deeds series with Forever Romance.

Daniels

Alabama Summer (7 books)
  • All I Want (Alabama Summer, #2)
  • When I Fall (Alabama Summer, #3)
  • Where We Belong (Alabama Summer, #4)
  • What I Need (Alabama Summer, #5)
  • All We Want (Alabama Summer, #6)
  • Say I'm Yours (Alabama Summer, #7)
“This is where I belong. Wherever you are. Always.” 41 likes
“I can’t imagine loving her any more than I do right now. But I know I will. Because every second I’m with her, I fall harder.” 27 likes