Start by marking “We Can Be Mended (Divergent #3.5)” as Want to Read:
We Can Be Mended (Divergent #3.5)

We Can Be Mended

(Divergent #3.5)

L'epilogo esclusivo che racconta la vita di Quattro cinque anni dopo la conclusione della Divergent Series!
Published January 17th 2017 by Mondadori

To ask other readers questions about We Can Be Mended, please sign up.
Erin No this is another short story that Veronica released with Carve the mark. It takes place about 5 years after allegiant…moreNo this is another short story that Veronica released with Carve the mark. It takes place about 5 years after allegiant (less)

Start your review of We Can Be Mended (Divergent #3.5)
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
We Can Be Mended
Mended my ass.

description
Vanessa
No. No no no no. I cannot even type my thoughts because I'm very angry and confused and my mind goes like: was this novella even necessary?
If you read Allegiant, the final instalment in the Divergent trilogy, you know why that ending, even if "symbolic", is hard to swallow and accept. Anyway, I was kind of okay with it after all these years but this short story, claiming to "officially end the trilogy", is too many things to accept. Back in the day when I was Divergent-obsessed, the main reason
Danielle (Love at First Page)

Hahahahaha I fucking knew it.

*insert middle finger here* *and another* *and another* *and another*
Read It & Weep Girls

Okay guys, let’s just get this out of the way first: I knew it. I KNEW IT. I just really stinking knew that it was going to end up like this.

*ahem*

Sorry. Now that that’s done, we can talk like adults. So, We Can Be Mended is the itty-bitty 33-page epilogue written by one of my all time favorite authors ever, Veronica Roth, tying up the Divergent world forever. In it, we catch up with arguably the fictional world’s dreamiest boyfriend: Tobias Eaton. Five years since Allegiant (and I’m still
Irene Sim
NO, JUST NO!
You don't get to dismiss everything that Tris was for Four. We want Four to ache for eternity because that's how WE the readers ache for his loss. You don't get to come around after so many years and STATE that life goes on. No, it doesn't.

Why this, after so many years of finale? Does VR miss the attention? I really wonder if it'll have any meaning reading this but I know I won't be able to resist it, lol!
Christina
Feb 18, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There was NO point to this. It happened exactly as I knew it would happen. I didn't need to read this to know that Roth would do what she did. And... it just reminded me of how much I detest Allegiant.

Like, that book can burn for all I care.
Stepheny
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Listen, I know there are a LOT of people who hated the ending of the Divergent series. Clearly, I was not one of them. No, I am on of the thousands of Divergent fangirls. And I am totally ok with that.

To be honest, if Veronica Roth published Four’s Grocery List, I would be the first one pre-ordering it. We know this. It’s nothing new! So, when I saw that she had written a brief story giving us insight into Four’s life after the events of Allegiant, I almost exploded with excitement.

When I
Micah Francis
I just don’t even know how to rate this. That is nowhere near what I thought would happen. It wasn’t bad but I wasn’t happy about it either. But now I want to reread the Divergent series!
Liv ☾
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marina
READING ONLY THREE LAST PAGES! AND IT IS RUINS A WHOLE OF DIVERGENT STORIES!

ALLEGIANT STORYLINE IS ALREADY FU*KED UP AND THIS BOOKS ENDING A BIG NO NO FOR ME!!

DAMN IT FOUR! WHY OHH WHY!!!

I SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT I WILL NOT READ ANY VERONICA ROTH AFTER THIS!

SCREW YOU!! DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS ENDING!! IT EVEN DOESN'T WORTH FOR 1 STARS!
Jay
Feb 14, 2017 marked it as nope-nope-nope  ·  review of another edition
Nopity nope nope nope noooooooope!

(view spoiler) and Four???????

What the ever loving fuck is this?

Killing Tris was one thing - it hurt like hell (and I would have stopped reading after Book 1 if I'd known) but I am still reeling and will never read the series again finally over the emotional trauma of it all.

But now this?

There's an unspoken agreement between YA authors and readers that the main couple (or the most shipped one) gets a HEA.

Ms Roth didn't just ignore
Cande Rizzo
Feb 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
NOOOOOOOO, WHYYYY????? THIS IS SO BAD OMG, I WOULD GIVE IT 0 STARS IF I COULD, SHE BUTCHERED THE ENTIRE SERIES JUST TO SELL HER NEW BOOK. I'M NOT OVER ALLEGIANT, AND THEN THIS?? FUCK OFF.
I WILL DO WHAT I DID WITH CURSED CHILD, PRETEND IT DOESN'T EXIST. THIS WAS A BIG MISTAKE, GOD I'M SO PISSED!
Coreen  (AsThePlotThickens)
This is so freaking morbid I almost lost my shit.

This feels like Allegiant over and over again but Tobias Eaton version. My heart hurts so bad right now and it feels like I’m being murdered. All pain the came rushing back together with a full force nostalgia.

Let it be fucking noted: Veronica Roth annihilated my heart, she ruined it and mended it again.

Me:
*tosses my kindle tab*
*walks out of the front door*
*goes to the nearest train station*
*Jumps*

My heart, my poor broken heart.
Jelena Milenković
I didn't need this in my life. Seriously.
I knew what was going to happen from the page 1, but I wished it didn't! It's so staged and unnecessary.
Daniel (Page by Page)
Kristy Mauna
Ugh.. This was NOT the closure I needed.
To be honest, I'm a little hurt right now. And I'm depressed all over again thinking of Allegiant's ending.. Just why?!?! I'm seriously so disappointed. I love Four, and reading from his voice again was pretty much the only good thing about this novella.
Neil (or bleed)
Jan 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
We can't be mended by your stupid games, Veronica. Wag kami.
Breanne
Feb 18, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This awoke all those Allegiant feels from 3 years ago but fuck you V.Roth for writing this piece of trash. We already knew this would happen but did you have to make it canon?! I'M PISSED!!!!!!! PRETENDING THIS DOESN'T EXIST!!!
 ➹ƓℛἎℂℰ⚡
WHY VERONICA?! WHY! I wish I could forget that this book even existed!

Ugh... It seemed really unnecessary, useless! A very feeble attempt to just move the story.This was not what I had expected. If I could I would give negative stars to it!
If you're still a Divergent fan and haven't read this one yet, I would recommend to stay away from it.
Erin Arkin
Mar 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
nope.
Amesily Chen
Surprisingly, this is my first book in 2017. I can't imagine that I will have a chance to read more stories from Divergent series .

Yeah, I like how Veronica brings Divergent back to our memory, making me feel a lot from it.
I really like this epilogue. Though I cannot totally accept how it ends like this, it still makes me move.
And that's all I need.

4.5 stars for all of them.
Ana
Jan 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
oh veronica, why do you still make me cry?
Christy
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That's a whole lot of tears for 33 little pages. Brought me right back to my feels from years past. <4
~Bellegirl91~
**I'M ONLY GIVING THIS 2 1/2 STARS JUST CAUSE OF THEO JAMES PLAYING TOBIAS IN THE MOVIE AND HE NAILED THAT CHARACTER AND WAS ALL I COULD THINK OF. SO YEAH HAHA. HE SAVED THIS FOR ME...SO THANK YOU THEO JAMES FOR PLAYING THIS CHARACTER AND BEING SO FETCHING HOT!

CHRISTINA TO FOUR/TOBIAS:

"The thing about moving on is, you have to move."

description

not that I'm crying haha, more like questioning why this was written...I mean, I looked through other reviews and I'm gonna have to agree with many that it wasn't
jaroda
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been in a Divergent mood lately. Now all I want to do is reread the series. Maybe soon.
Mar 05, 2017 marked it as freebies  ·  review of another edition
I still haven't been able to bring myself to read Allegiant (I think it's the only time I've been grateful someone spoilered me before I got the chance to read a book!) so I'm not sure if I'll ever read this but it was free with my preorder of Carve the Mark so I'll hold onto it just in case I'm ever feeling masochistic enough to finish out the series!
Dani
Years after reading the Divergent series, I suddenly remembered this existed. It was good to finally get some closure for Tobias.
Mario
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short-stories
It was nice to get back to the world of Divergent for a couple of minutes and see how the characters are doing, but all in all this short story felt so unnecessarily. I liked the way Allegiant ended, and quite disliked the way this short story ended. I can't say that I regret reading this, but my life would have been totally okay if I hadn't read it.
Fanny
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't want to read it at first, I saw spoilers - not on purpose, as I sometimes do - and I felt angry. But then I thought, why not, and read it. It was shorter than I expected and I would've wanted more, but then what more was there to say? We saw everyone "important" and what they were up to nnow. It felt great to see Tobias finally moving on, getting better. The end makes sense now that I've read and I'm not angry anymore. I understand why Veronica Roth did it and I can get behind it.

• Life After Legend (Legend, #3.5)
  • Beyond the Night (The Darkest Minds, #3.5)
  • Shadow Me (Shatter Me, #4.5)
  • Liam's Story (The Darkest Minds #1.6)
  • Life Before Legend (Legend, #0.5)
  • Broken Throne (Red Queen, #4.5)
  • Rebel (Legend, #4)
  • The Epilogue (The Selection, #3.1)
  • Brooke (Under the Never Sky, #2.5)
  • Esty's Gold
  • Percy Jackson and the Bronze Dragon (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4.7)
  • WHERE ARE THEY NOW?  (The selection)
  • Inside Divergent: The Initiate's World
  • Sparks Rise (The Darkest Minds #2.5)
  • Ace Jones: Mad Fat Adventures in Therapy
  • The Crown Epilogue (The Selection, #5.1)
  • Three
  • Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)
Veronica Roth is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Carve the Mark and the Divergent Series (Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, and Four: A Divergent Collection). Her short stories and essays have appeared in Summer Days and Summer Nights, Shards and Ashes, and the upcoming Three Sides of a Heart. The Divergent Series was developed into three major motion pictures.

Veronica grew up outside

Divergent (3 books)
  • Divergent (Divergent, #1)
  • Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
  • Allegiant (Divergent, #3)