Start by marking “Last Breath (Detective Erika Foster, #4)” as Want to Read:
Last Breath (Detective Erika Foster, #4)

Last Breath

(Detective Erika Foster #4)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  12,323 ratings  ·  1,054 reviews
He’s your perfect date. You’re his next victim.

When the tortured body of a young woman is found in a dumpster, her eyes swollen shut and her clothes soaked with blood, Detective Erika Foster is one of the first at the crime scene. The trouble is, this time, it’s not her case.

While she fights to secure her place on the investigation team, Erika can’t help but get involved
Published April 12th 2017 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Last Breath, please sign up.
Thibodeaux I think you can enjoy each story but you will miss out on the character's development. Reading them all in order layers the textures but each book can…moreI think you can enjoy each story but you will miss out on the character's development. Reading them all in order layers the textures but each book can stand alone.
(less)

·  12,323 ratings  ·  1,054 reviews

Start your review of Last Breath (Detective Erika Foster, #4)
Chelsea Humphrey
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Chelsea by: Robert Bryndza
Once again, Rob has created a memorable story with timeless characters who are relatable and consistently taking me by surprise. How many authors have we read that begin to lose their mojo 3-4 books into their series? I'll admit to holding my breath before picking up book #3 in the series, Dark Water, as I knew we were getting to that pivotal moment, the one that shows if a series will stand the true test of time or become a flop like so many before it. I was so pleased and grateful when it turn ...more
Norma
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Grab yourself a hot piece of pizza, a fresh cold beer, and Robert Bryndza’s new novel and be prepared to escape into another non-stop, adrenaline-pumping, thrilling ride!

LAST BREATH (Detective Erika Foster, #4) by ROBERT BRYNDZA is an action-packed, exciting, and a gripping suspenseful mystery/thriller that pulled me in right away and didn’t let go once as the story races along at high-speed to the breathless and exhilarating ending.

ROBERT BRYNDZA delivers another well-written read here with no
Maureen
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
A strange thing happens when I begin a Robert Bryndza novel - two small voices vie for my attention. The first is insisting I have other more pressings things to attend to, and the second is demanding that I carry on reading regardless. No prizes for guessing which one wins!

Detective Erika Foster is back in the Murder Investigation Team, but she's not there without a fight, she's had to grovel to get her place back on the team, and she's eager to get on with the latest case.

A young woman is disc
Mary Beth
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 250-up-to-date
I don't have enough stars to give out on this one. It deserves more than 5.

This is the fourth book in the Detective Erika Foster Series set in London. I recommend to read this series in order. The books get better and better and are very addictive. I was jumping up and down with excitement when I got this copy from NetGalley. I just love this series and savor every minute when I read a book from this series.

A young woman is found tortured in a dumpster. Erica Foster is one of the detectives firs
Christine
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Last Breath is book 4 in the fabulous DCI Erika Foster series by Brit author Robert Bryndza. And no surprise, this one is another huge 5-star winner.

There is a murder in sentence one of the prologue and the action races on from there. Erika has been removed from the Murder Investigation Team and it’s killing her. In typical Erika fashion, she manages to get herself situated as Senior Investigative Officer on the case with the privilege of handpicking her team. She of course selects Moss, Peterso
Linda
Proceed with caution......

Lifting the heavy lid of a dumpster at 3 a.m. may well bring you more than just a heap of trash. Ask the apartment dweller whose eyes fell upon a badly beaten female corpse contained within. Gonna have a hard time casting that sight from his memory for years to come.

And while this one is brewing, DCI Erika Foster is grinding the gears while trying to get back into the Murder Investigation Team. She's been side-lined for a while. Foster doesn't play well with others. She
Sarah Joint
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't met Erika Foster yet... what are you waiting for? Start from the beginning of the series for the best possible experience. Highly recommended to fans of crime thrillers and badass women.

Robert Bryndza never disappoints. This is another intense, well written, absorbing thriller with a main character we've gotten to know and love. She has grown and changed as the series goes on, and I'm very attached to her and several recurring characters that continue to feature in the novels. The
Matt
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
First and foremost, a large thank you to NetGalley, Robert Bryndza, and Bookouture for providing me with a copy of this book, which allows me to provide you with an unbiased review.

I devoured the previous three novels in this series and could not get my hands on this latest piece fast enough. While family obligations slowed my completion of this book, this should not be indicative of my interest in the story or Bryndza's writing in general. As the story opens, DCI Erika Foster is still strugglin
Sue
The latest novel (Book 4) in the Detective Erika Foster series, Last Breath, by Brit author Robert Bryndza is out now! Robert Bryndza is the author of the international #1 bestseller The Girl in the Ice, is the first book in the Detective Erika Foster series. The Night Stalker, and Dark Water are the second and third books in the series, and the fourth book, Last Breath, has just been published. Having loved the previous books in the series, I was anxious to read book 4 in the series, Last Breat ...more
Susanne  Strong
Detective Erika Foster has this obsession. Its called being a police detective. She can't let go of a case until she solves it. Even if its not her own.

In Last Breath, by Robert Bryndza, women are connecting with the most amazing guy online. He seems funny, gorgeous and sexy .. and the women? They can't wait to meet him. And when that happens? He abducts them and holds them captive for days. Then he brutally murders them. When Detective Foster finds out about what appears to be the first murder
Paromjit
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the latest high octane and atmospheric installment in a favourite series for me, DCI Erika Foster. Erika has been shunted onto the Special Projects Team and she is understandably not happy. Things come to a head when she finds herself on the scene of a grisly discovery. A young woman, Lacey Greene, has been abducted, gruesomely tortured for days and murdered by having her femoral artery cut, then dumped as though she was trash. The serial killer's identity is no secret as we get his pers ...more
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
I'm going to admit something. And I'm hateful so it hurts me to do so....I love this series. I think it's one of the best thriller sets that I've read.
Why does it hurt to admit that? I've read so many good thrillers that later come out with that dang sequel and they crap the bed and make me hate the first book..these books just keep getting better and better.

I'm totally hooked.

Detective Erika Foster is back. She is still a hot mess. She still never really knows when to just shut up and not b
Zoeytron
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Copy furnished by Net Galley for the price of a review.

Someone is checking you out in a big way on the internet. He is about to finagle his way into your life, and all you did was share some photos on social media. He is friending your friends, scrolling through your photos and postings, perusing your details, learning all about you. Can you feel it? He is not who he says he is, and his profile pic does not reflect his mean piggy eyes, sharp tiny teeth, or weak chin. Pray that you are not his "t
Louise Wilson
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Detective Erika Foster is back in the fourth book I of this series.

A woman's body is found in a dumpster. She has been badly beaten and her femoral artery has been cut. Erika is one of the first Detectives on the scene. But it's not her case. As she fight to secure her place on the investigating team, Erika finds a link to another woman who was found in similar circumstances four months earlier. How many more victims will there be before Erika and her team of Detectives solve this case?

Wow. For
Gary
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th book in the Detective Erika Foster series by author Robert Bryndza.
I discovered this author fairly recently and since then I have read every book I have found by him. He is such a talent and excels at both romantic comedies and in this case Detective thrillers, which is a feat in itself.
In this book a tortured body of a young woman is found in a dumpster, her eyes swollen shut and her clothes soaked with blood. Detective Erika Foster is one of the first at the crime scene but the
Liz
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
The next in the series Erika Foster series and it's another home run.

Erika just cannot stay out of trouble. Still not able to get assigned back to a Murder Investigative Team, she is miserable in Projects Team. The book has barely started when she's butted in on someone else’s murder crime scene and lands on Superintendent Spark’s sh** list. Still, she's like a dog with a bone and refuses to stop looking into the case, even after a suspect is arrested.

I found myself shaking my head at her tena
Linda Strong
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th book in this series .. and each book has gotten better and better. Do yourself a favor and read the entire series in order. You will not be sorry.

Detective Erika Foster has been removed from the Murder Investigation Team and she is not happy! She's edgy and sometimes rude, and sometimes not a team player ... which is why she has relegated to doing paperwork.

A body of a young woman is found in a dumpster. She's been badly beaten, lacerated in multiple places. Her clothes are soake
Dash fan
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5☆+  Nail biting, Non stop thriller

Last Breath is the 4th book by Robert.
However it was my first book and I absolutely LOVED IT!!

I was hanging onto every word. It was captivating, scary, exciting, pulse racing, and highly addictive... you have been warned!

What I loved most about this book was you found out who the killer was within the first half. Well in fact it was a little tease for all of a few pages when I was convinced it was someone else!

Robert has restored my faith in Detective books. I
Barbara
May 11, 2017 rated it liked it

In this fourth book in the 'Detective Erika Foster' series, the cop is after a serial killer. The book can be read as a standalone.

*****

Detective Chief Inspector Erika Foster's big mouth and abrasive attitude have got her booted off Lewisham's Murder Investigation Team (MIT) and stuck with a boring desk job.

When the horribly battered body of a half-naked young woman is found in a London dumpster, Erika - on her own initiative - connects the killing to another murder a few months before.

Despera
Jan
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars-another winner!!

This is the 4th installment of the Detective Erika Foster series, and I'm happy to say that this one does not disappoint!

Bryndza truly has a way with words. Not only has he created a strong yet at times vulnerable protagonist, he has surrounded her with a team of detectives that each have something to contribute to make the whole story come together. With each book he allows the reader to get to know Erika just a little bit better than the last book, but not 100%. She
Ján Bryndza
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG, guys! This is probably the best book in the #DetectiveErikaFoster series.
Sean Peters
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thank you so much to Net Galley, the publishers and the author Robert Bryndza.

Number 4 in the series, and I think the best, and the fastest paced of all the books in the series.

A good chance that the book being only 281 pages helped with the pace, straight into the gripping story.

Detective Erika Foster is back in Last Breath and Bryndza delivers another exciting crime thriller!

Ginger
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Last Breath is the fourth book in the Detective Erika Foster series by Robert Bryndza. I have followed this series from the beginning and it is proving to be a very rewarding series! The investigation was excellent and the characters keep getting better and better. Bryndza knows how to write crime thrillers well and how to scale up the tension and maintain the reader’s interest.

Someone is checking you out on the internet. Can you feel it? You’ve actually met him once or twice but when you connec
Adrian Dooley
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another hugely enjoyable read in this series. I was so looking forward to reading this that I feared I may have set myself up for slight disappointment but I needn't have worried.

A young woman's body is found in a dumpster, brutally murdered and Detetcive Erika Foster is one of the first on the scene. The only problem is it isn't her case.
She is immediately drawn to the case and fights tooth and nail to become part of the investigation. When she finally gets her way she quickly links the killi
Monnie
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gruesome murders. A possible serial killer on the loose. Unrest and a big shake-up in England's Bromley Police Department. And that's just for openers in this, the fourth in the author's series featuring Detective Erika Foster. What more could any mystery lover want?

Nothing, says this mystery lover (and lover of this series in particular) - except possibly a few additional chapters to give me more time with my nose in these pages and/or a very short wait till the fifth installment is published.
Kendall
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Oh my gosh! I have become such a huge fan of this series! They keep getter better and better!! What another gripping suspense/mystery novel that Bryndza has written. I was holding on to the edge of my seat with anxiety trying to find out what was going to happen. Nail-biting breathless story!!!

What I really enjoyed about this novel was how early on in the storyline we discovered who the killer was. At first, I was a little hesitant when the killer was revealed so early on but man did it make th
Amy
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Amy by: Chelsea Humphrey
BAM! Easily Five Stars. Right from the 21% mark I knew he'd moved up a star rating for me. His writing has always been five star since The Girl in the Ice. However, sometimes something small would hold me back a half or full star, either with foreseeing the plot or just not feeling wowed. Not with this series entry. I'm revelling at this title. It's a sure fire HIT! Sorry for the caps, but they're beyond deserved.

Robert Bryndza, you are in a league all your own now. I have my favourite authors
ReadAlongWithSue
I feel the series has gone from strength to strength. Erika was a strong character in this series right from the start, she’s good at what she does. Not always doing things by the book but certainly getting the job done.
She’s passionate and rides on steam.

This case isn’t hers. She happens upon it but, she wants to be part of it.

I loved how the author not only developed the plot but also the regular characters.
Petra
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is book 4 in the London-based police procedural series about DCI Erika Foster and my favourite. I know I said the same for book 3, sorry. Ideally, these should be read in order starting with The Girl In The Ice. There is a lot of personal development happening and I think the relationships between various characters can be appreciated more with all the background.
In this one, Erika barges in on a murder case where young women are abducted, tortured and then left in dumpsters. The identity
Jean
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Last Breath. A badly beaten, blood-soaked body is discovered in a dumpster. Detective Chief Inspector Erika Foster arrives to assess the scene – but it’s not her case. You know those tee shirts with the slogan that reads, “Plays well with others”? Foster most certainly doesn’t own one. Detective Foster has a way of stepping on toes and raising the hackles of her superior officers. Why? She considers the victims and their families first and foremost above official boundaries or office politics, a ...more

• Silent Scream (D.I. Kim Stone, #1)
  • Evil Games (D.I. Kim Stone, #2)
  • Nog lange niet (Helen Grace, #9)
  • Dead Souls (D.I. Kim Stone, #6)
  • Play Dead (D.I. Kim Stone, #4)
  • First Blood (D.I. Kim Stone #0.5)
  • A Gift for Dying
  • Meisje van me
  • Dying Truth (D.I. Kim Stone, #8)
  • Endgame (Fawkes and Baxter, #3)
  • Child's Play (DI Kim Stone, #11)
  • Lost Girls (D.I. Kim Stone, #3)
  • Bezeten
  • Broken Bones (D.I. Kim Stone, #7)
  • Blood Lines (D.I. Kim Stone, #5)
  • Dead Memories (D.I. Kim Stone, #10)
  • Fatal Promise (D.I. Kim Stone, #9)
  • Verloren vrouw
Robert Bryndza began his career training at the Guildford School of Acting, in the U.K. He spent six years as an actor, doing all kinds of strange jobs in between, which was the perfect training for being an author. He began to write during a long period of unemployment, first comedy sketches, a show which he took to the Edinburgh Festival, and then four romantic comedy novels which he self-publis ...more

Detective Erika Foster (6 books)
  • The Girl in the Ice (Detective Erika Foster, #1)
  • The Night Stalker (Detective Erika Foster, #2)
  • Dark Water (Detective Erika Foster, #3)
  • Cold Blood (Detective Erika Foster, #5)
  • Deadly Secrets (Detective Erika Foster, #6)