Start by marking “The Long Lost Future” as Want to Read:
The Long Lost Future

Read Book* *Different edition

The Long Lost Future

Randall didn't know he had a destiny until it interrupted his lunch one day; and it was bigger than he could possibly have imagined (his destiny, not his lunch).

That's when he met the mysterious Marcus Han - brainier than a clumsy butcher's floor, and secretly the richest man in the world, he would be Randall's companion and mentor through the challenges they must face in
Published February 14th 2017 by Netherworld Books

To ask other readers questions about The Long Lost Future, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Long Lost Future

Start your review of The Long Lost Future
SpideyWebz
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this! It's part Discworld, part Hitchhiker and ALL funny! I especially loved the Star Trek and Blues Brothers references.

If Ian writes another book that is even half this good then I shall snap it up in an instant. Not only an extremely pleasant bloke, but a highly entertaing author.
Hampus Lybeck
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Long Lost Future mixes horrible dystopia in the spirit of Aldous Huxley and George Orwell (and a wink at H G Wells) with seemingly plausible science reminiscent of that of Kim Stanley Robinson, a touch of less plausible but interesting fringe science, and heaps of humour in the spirit of Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams, P G Wodehouse, Jerome K. Jerome and Stephen Leacock to mention a few.

Embedded in an endless smattering of delightfully cringeworthy puns and reference jokes, is a fascinating
Kevin Tandy
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
absolutely brilliant book,would recommend this book to anyone with a sense of humour
Richard
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If your a fan of science fiction and time travel then you will love this book. If I could give more then 5 stars I would as it's one of the best books I've read in a long time
Will
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Verily I say unto thee...

That this was a very fun read. Fortunately (and unfortunately at times) I picked this as the book I would read when waiting for the wife to get out of work. It made the time go by, but because I chose to read it while waiting, it left me wanting more sooner.

It was worth it, though. It served its purpose, and thensome. I was thoroughly entertained, and cannot wait to read more from Ian in the (not lost) future. Pick it up - it's well worth the read!
Catherine Weaver
I am always looking for time-travel books, so I was glad to find this one. The plot was well put together, with an ending I wasn't expecting, but which wound up the story perfectly. Laughed and had fun, and had a few thought-inspiring moments throughout the book. Heartily recommend!
Tina
Mar 01, 2018
Bob Sage
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The influence of the likes of Terry Pratchett and Douglas Adams is clear in this first novel by Ian Cattell. The use of words (and numbers) is clever, the jokes are actually funny and the characters and plot development keep the reader engaged from start to finish - although you'll have to follow the plot carefully to actually locate the start and finish, as this story has more twists and turns than a cheap sat-nav.
If you like clever, funny, classic 'hard' SF then this is definitely worth a read
Amy
Aug 03, 2019
Gregory Quinn
Nov 21, 2017
Ian Cattell
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Renee Sands
Artie  Firth
Apr 10, 2019
Justine Thornton
Jul 29, 2020
Ian Cattell is a software developer who wanted a change from staring blankly at a computer screen all day. So he decided to write a book.

Yeah, I know…

Over the next six months he learned that there are many advantages to writing a book compared to writing software, the main one being that he doesn't have to re-write it whenever Microsoft decides it's “time”.

He enjoys astronomy, baking organic brea

News & Interviews