Start by marking “Freefall (Pendulum Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Freefall (Pendulum Trilogy, #2)

Freefall

(Pendulum Trilogy #2)

Eight months after confronting Pendulum, John Wallace is losing himself in a dangerous warzone in a misguided attempt at penance for what he has done. But an assassination attempt makes Wallace realise that he has once again been targeted for death. This time, Wallace is prepared and, tracking down his would-be assassin, he discovers a link to his nemesis, Pendulum.

The lin
Published November 2nd 2017 by Headline

To ask other readers questions about Freefall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freefall

Start your review of Freefall (Pendulum Trilogy, #2)
Liz Barnsley
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Anyone that remembers how excitable and shrieky my good friend Kate of Bibliophile Book Club and I got over the first in this series, the gloriously entertaining Pendulum, will know that anticipation for the sequel, Freefall was high. As were expectations. No pressure then Mr Hamdy.

Freefall turned out to be a banging good read, like Pendulum but better, picking up from where that left off we find Wallace in a war zone in an attempt to make some random amends, Ash fighting the force of an employe
Christine
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Pendulum. I loved Pendulum so much, I read it twice. John Wallace is my kind of flawed hero. I was excited to hear about Freefall. Freefall by Adam Hamdy is the highly anticipated book two in the trilogy.

Pendulum saw John Wallace trying to figure out a dark mystery. Who wants him dead? Who is the masked stranger who strung him up in his flat with a noose? This masked man seems to be randomly targeting people across the UK and America. With the help of FBI Special Agent Christine Ash and
Kate~Bibliophile Book Club
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Having read and loved Pendulum, I was more than a little excited to see early proof copies of Freefall on twitter recently, and even more delighted to receive one myself. This is one book I had been waiting for, pretty much since I finished Pendulum, so there was no question of my leaving the book aside until publication, NO SIREE!!! In fact, I brought it away with me to read while I was away with my husband for our wedding anniversary. Luckily, my husband understands the need to read the much a ...more
Janel
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Back in January, I read an action movie taking place in the pages of a book, aka Pendulum, the book ended but the story was not over – enter the sequel, Freefall.

Just like Pendulum, Freefall opens with a thrilling chapter – I’ve always loved when a book opens with a murder, it appears I also love when a book opens with a suicide! Hamdy, again, launches the reader straight into the action and grips you from the get go. While any book can be read as a standalone, I think in this instance, it’s abs
Hayley
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Pendulum series, and I must admit I was absolutely chomping at the bit to read this story. And boy was it worth it...

Wallace, having fled to Afghanistan to lay low for a while following the ordeal with Max Byrne as Pendulum, soon finds his vaguely quiet existence brutally interrupted when men are dispatched to erase him and his knowledge of Byrne and his motives.

Bailey, is sent to investigate a so called suicide that is hauntingly reminiscent of the Pendulum murders. He c
Jackie Law
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Freefall, by Adam Hamdy, is the second book in the author’s Pendulum Trilogy. Set across several continents it opens with a suicide in London, the depiction of which is chilling. The action then moves to Afghanistan where John Wallace, the photographer targeted in the first book in the series, has gone to hide from the world and grieve for his beloved Connie.

Several of the original cast return, although all have been damaged by their horrific experiences, referred to just enough to allow this to
Elite Group
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Some good thriller-writing but rather confusing

This is the second book in a trilogy, and I have to say right at the start that, for me, it would appear essential to have read the opening book, “Pendulum”. This book has been widely praised by, amongst others, James Patterson.

Whilst there are some very good writing and descriptive narrative, there appears to be a constant battering of the senses which rarely abates and, at 543 pages, this was not an easy read.

John Wallace, our journalist/photogra
Sou
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved Pendulum and I sure as hell loved Freefall even more! It was a hell of a ride! Couldn’t put it down and at times couldn’t breathe through it! It was gripping to the point where I was internally cursing myself for not being able to read fast enough! I wanted answers from the first chapter! And my boy Wallace left me wondering at the end which only means that book 3 is next for me! But I need a moment to come down from this adrenaline rush and breathe a little!
Mary Picken
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime
This book is Part 2 of a three part trilogy – the first book being Pendulum. If you want to read this fast paced, all-action trilogy, then you must start with Pendulum.

As we join Freefall, eight months after confronting the serial killer Pendulum, photo-journalist John Wallace is losing himself in a dangerous tribal war in Afghanistan in an attempt to get over the loss of his love, Connie following his part in the Pendulum affair. But an attempt on his life and those of his Afghani travelling co
Bookreporter.com Mystery & Thriller
FREEFALL, the second book in Adam Hamdy’s Pendulum trilogy, a series of cyber-conspiracy thrillers, takes the reader around the globe --- from London to Nuristan in Afghanistan, New York and Geneva.

Set eight months after the ending of Pendulum, this sequel opens with journalist Sylvia “Vee” Greene hanging herself in her London bedroom. She leaves behind a note intended for Detective Inspector Patrick Bailey with a code that he has to decipher. First, he, FBI Agent Christine Ash and a far-flung g
Dee-Cee  It's all about the books
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-arc-s
Freefall is the follow on book from Adam Hamdy’s first book Pendulum which I absolutely loved. There’s always a worry, that little niggle at the back of your mind when starting a second book, that it wont be quite as good as the first but there was no need to worry here. Freefall is an absolute cracker and I’m super excited now to read the final book and hopefully I wont have too long to wait. If you’re reading this Mr Hamdy, I’m cracking the whip
Freefall follows John Wallace, Christine Ash and
Victoria Goldman
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Freefall is the sequel to Pendulum, which I really enjoyed last year. Yet again, Adam Hamdy has written a gripping rollercoaster read. Some action thrillers can be read easily as standalones. But I would recommend that you read Pendulum first, if you haven't already done so, as parts of Freefall may not make sense otherwise.

The reader is launched straight into the action from the very first page. After uncovering a shocking conspiracy in Pendulum, John Wallace is now hiding in Afghanistan, right
Lovedreadingthis
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read Pendulum last January having bought my signed copy from Goldsboro Books (link here) and read it with the Instagram, Criminally Good Book Club, link here. Pendulum was fastpaced and trust me, Freefall maintains the sprint! Within 50 pages Adam Hamdy had introduced a highly original and truly horrendous murder weapon which literally gave me goosebumps!
The familiar main protagonists, John Wallace, Patrick Bailey and Christine Ash all return, trying to rebuild their lives post Pendulum with v
Jessica Bronder
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After tangling with Pendulum, Wallace, Ash, and Bailey are broken. Each has his own issues and is trying to get back to normal life. But each person is going to learn that you can’t hide from the past, especially when there are people out to make sure the three are killed. There is so much more to Pendulum than the three knew and it’s up to them to stop the group before the consequences get too big.

I admit that I have not read Pendulum and I think that would have helped my understanding in what
Gemma McGee
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
FreeFall Is a breath-taking thriller.
John, Christine and Patrick have they own part in the story. Each individual storyline are gripping, all of them are add more drama, action and drama to the story as a whole.
One of the elements of Freefall is how all three of them are coping with their trauma at the hands of Pendulum. It shows that not everyone will deal with trauma in the same way. Although the trauma doesn't stop them doing the right thing, even if it places their life at danger.
FreeF ...more
Tony Nielsen
Mar 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Freefall is the second of Adam Hamdy's Pendulum trilogy, reintroducing John Wallace and FBI agent Christine Ash. Together they have shared a fraught mission to capture their nemesis Pendulum who is determined to change the world order with his organisation the Foundation.

Both Wallace and Ash have been physically and psychologically damaged by their encounters with the Pendulum but their determination to bring him to justice is undiminished. His reach to the corridors of power makes him a brutall
Gordon Johnston
I found this a difficult read in places. It's a long book with a very involved plot, or rather three separate plots that weave in and out before coming together. At the beginning, Wallace is in Afghanistan, FBI agent Ash in is NYC and DI Bailey in London. It's not always easy to keep up with everything that's happening.

This is not so much a sequel to Pendulum as a second part of the same story. It's some time since I read Pendulum and back story isn't really given in Freefall; rather you are exp
P.R.
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Debbie Littley
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It started with Pendulum and continues with Freefall. John Wallace is back and someone still wants him dead.

Picking up from where Pendulum left off it draws you straight back into the action with some familiar faces. Agent Christine Ash and Patrick Bailey are back and if they thought Pendulum broke them, they have no idea what they are up against this time!

A full on action packed thriller, twists and surprises and intricate plots and characters this book is like Pendulum but better!!

This is the
Astrid Brandt
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Can't wait for the next instalment!
When I finished Pendulum, it took me only a day or so to start with the sequel. I really had to slow myself down to not rush too much through it.

Again, fast-paced, lots of turns and unexpected changes to the plot. In short, exactly what I expected and wanted from the book, a great thriller.

As with the first book, the only reason to not give five stars is the detailed description of everything. Which is great on the one hand, because you can really 'see' ever
Katrina Evans
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
An excellent follow up to Pendulum.

If you like fast-paced, action-packed thrillers then this will be right up your street.

One of the things I love is that Adam doesn't shy away from the effect all the drama etc has on his characters, they act like real people with genuine emotion and reactions.

Adrian
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
I started this and then quickly realised I would have to read Pendulum first, which I did and thoroughly enjoyed it.
This one was not as good, and it follows a pattern of 2 intense chapters in USA followed by 2 in Europe, over and over again and I found it hard to remember what was going on on the other side of the ocean.
Robin
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Adam for sending me an advance, proof copy of the book. This is a great follow up to Pendulum. Edge of the seater thriller that keeps the action coming thick and fast. Already can't wait to read the third one whenever that comes out. Highly recommended. You won't regret it. ...more
Philip Garside
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Plenty of action and thrills. Key characters have a remarkable ability to recover from injuries that would stop you or me. I should have read book 1 first, as it took me a while to catch hold of the narrative.
Dennis
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Freefall, book 2 of the Pendulun trilogy, is as fast paced and action packed as Pendulum! Twists, turns, Afghanistan, London, New York! Back and forth, the mystery and suspense building all the way!
Rob
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
More twists and turns than a Strictly salsa routine and a thoroughly breathless plot left me a little bit jaded. I read it quickly, but it felt too clever for its own good at times.
Jai
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Parallels to Fight Club
Ewan
Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
I enjoyed this, but it was just so exhausting. There is never any let up between chase, capture, attack, escape, chased again... I'll be reading something quiet and reflective next. ...more
Melisa Broadbent
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it

Freefall by Adam Hamdy.

Published on 2 November's 2017

I was a big fan of Pendulum and thoroughly enjoyed the gripping storyline so I was happy to discover the next book had already been written!

Freefall carries on after the traumatic events from Pendulum and follows the characters of John Wallace, Christine Ash and Patrick Bailey as they try to come to terms with what happened to them. They are each battling their own inner demons and struggling to cope – they are in denial.

The tension in the
Philippe
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pendulum was good and full of action....Freefall is just...even better.

The 3 main characters are back each with their own issues following the end of Pendulum. It looks like their life will just carry until Wallace is targetted again. Their life ends up in the middle of a big conspiracy.

• Double Agent (Kate Henderson #2)
  • The Paladin
  • Box 88
  • Shadow (Marc Dane #4)
  • Killing It (Alexis Tyler #1)
  • Die Alone (The Bone Field #3; DI Ray Mason #4)
  • Hard Vengeance (Jon Reznick, #9)
  • The Demon Club (Ben Hope, #22)
  • MERCENARY (Johnny Silver Thriller #1)
  • House on Fire
  • Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to Happiness
  • Drop Zone: An Action-Packed Spider Shepherd SAS Novella (Spider Shepherd: SAS Book 3)
  • Slow Burn (Spider Shepherd #17)
  • Truth or Die (D.S. Imogen Grey, #5)
  • Active Measures (Jericho Quinn #8)
  • Slough House (Slough House, #7)
  • Long Range (Joe Pickett #20)
  • Nothing to Hide (DC Constance Fairchild, #2)
Adam Hamdy is the author of the forthcoming Pendulum trilogy, which will be published by Headline in November 2016. New York Times bestselling author, James Patterson, said: “I read Pendulum in one gloriously suspenseful weekend. Definitely one of the best thrillers of the year.”

As a screenwriter, Adam has worked with studios and production companies on both sides of the Atlantic, and is currently

Pendulum Trilogy (3 books)
  • Pendulum (Pendulum Trilogy, #1)
  • Aftershock (Pendulum Trilogy, #3)