Start by marking “The Thirteenth Step (Mystic Valley, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Thirteenth Step (Mystic Valley, #2)

Read Book

The Thirteenth Step (Mystic Valley #2)

3.18  ·  Rating details ·  161 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Everyone has an addiction. For Blake, it's Ella. She's smart, strong, gorgeous...and remembers the reign of Queen Elizabeth. His blood, the blood of a strong shapeshifter, gives her power. Her bite brings him pleasure. But he wants more. He wants the one thing Ella can't give to anyone: control.

No matter how many times he walks away, something always drags him back. This t
Published (first published July 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Thirteenth Step, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thirteenth Step

Brie
Jun 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Ok I must admit that while I did still really like this one, it would have to be my least favorite of the series. I'm sorry because I did like it, but it just seemed kinda sad and disappointing. They didn't end up together and I really just couldn't understand their relationship. Did they love each other? Was she just using him? Did they get back together or something? I really was just confused most the time. Oh and though the sex was really hot and yummy lol I also I found it really weird how ...more
Bea
A big disappointment as I usually love what they write. This is clearly an earlier story - light on romance, erotica (though not light on the sex), plot and character development. It was a freebie so I only lost the time it took to read.
MsBDiamondDiva1
Nov 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is a short story and boy is it steamy, hot and then some. The plot is very simple, Ella is at odds with another vampire and she needs the help of her old lover Blake. And of course this book is full of se*, so defiantly not a young adult book; at least not in my opinion. I really like the details in this book and I guess the reason for that is because so many short stories feel superficial to me. But this one, you can tell that at one point that Blake was really in love with Ella and still ...more
Sarah (saz101)
Oct 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella, erotica
Huh. Surprisingly bittersweet in the end. After back-to-backing Moira Roger's Last Call series (they. are. so. gooooooood.) I've come to expect sweet with my sexy, and a healthy serving of romance and happy endings.

The Mystic Valley books seem a little darker. No less hot, oh no, and the leads still have a strong fascination with... uh... 'toys'. This was a quick read -- shorter than any other MR novellas -- but no less compulsively readable or flesh out for it. In fact, this couple may have mor
Delphina
Jun 11, 2012 rated it liked it
I have a feeling this short read is about characters previously introduced in a full length novel by the author, but could not figure out which. I have a feeling if that is the case and you are a fan that you would enjoy this read more than I did. I really would have only given it a 2 1/2 if that were an option. I felt like I was missing something the whole time. I did enjoy the writer's style of writing and will probably check out her full length works. I am really hoping this was a short read ...more
Amanda
Moira Rogers knows how to bring teh sex. There's not much of a HEA (or even a hint of one) but it ends on a good note. Plus, these books aren't really about the romance anyway. I pretty much like whatever Moira Rogers throw my way.

The Thirteenth Step was a free download I found on Moira Rogers' website on September 8th, 2012 for the Why Buy the Cow? reading challenge.
Jwezi
I actually like this short hot and erotic read. Moira Rogers does have a lot of magic to her short steamy stories. the plot is clear, the characters are well described and the sexy scenes are exploding. Its like you are wanting for more. Ella, a vampire is very strong willed and till the end he did not submit to Blake. But they do know that they will still end up for each other. Moira Rogers's books are like food that will make you want more...its like something that you will crave..:)
Slayermel
Oct 29, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys paranormal erotica
This is a short erotic story about Blake a shapeshifter and Ella a vampire.
Blake and Ella had a relationship years ago until Blake called it all off. Now Ella has brought him to Vegas under the false pretence of a job. What Ella really needs is Blake's Blood as she struggles for power against the city's Master.

Helen
Jul 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Great story, but um...where's the rest of it?
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
May 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
It's not a happy ending with this one, though I still liked it. I didn't like how Ella used Blake like that, but he did get his own back in the end. A stort hot steamy read.
Amanda Dicicco
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
It was okay. Wasn't the best. No storyline all sex.
Madison
Mar 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 18 and over
HOT, fast-paced quickie :0)
ms bookjunkie
Apr 26, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: paranormal, 2011
Do not like. No HEA/HFN. Left me feeling gloomy. >: (
L Bongiorno
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica
Best thing - free and sooo short. This was kinda depressing...
Minnawii
Jan 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
still don't think the book title has anything to do with the story.
Lady Jill
Jun 26, 2013 rated it liked it
So hotttt:)
Beverly
Jun 28, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a super short story. The characters were interesting. I wish it had been longer. I haven't read the Mystic Valley series yet, but if it's these same characters I can't wait.
Rachel
Oct 05, 2013 marked it as owned-to-read
*downloaded free on ARE
Jackie
Oct 20, 2009 rated it liked it
Another short hot erotica story.
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
well, not much to say but sex between a vamp woman & alpha wolf man with a tiny side story.
Wendy coling ( trowbridge)
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Read in a day good read. Lots of sex
Alysha
Jun 24, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Catharsis
  • That One Night in Vegas
  • Under a Midnight Moon (Werekind #2.5)
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous (Harlequin Blaze, #390)
  • Geek Mafia: Mile Zero
  • Rebel Spurs
  • Abandoned (Running In Fear, #2)
  • Beasts of New York
  • Jager's Mate (Roxie's Protectors, #2)
  • Scarecrows
  • Pixies & Passion (Moonlight and Magic, #4)
  • Master's Thief
  • Primal Call (Primes, #10)
  • White Witch Pond
  • Bella's Wolves (Love Bites, #2)
  • Dark Of The Moon (Vampire/Werewolf Trilogy, #2)
  • Midnight Cravings
  • Between Tooth and Paw
How do you make a Moira Rogers? Take a former forensic science and nursing student obsessed with paranormal romance and add a computer programmer with a passion for gritty urban fantasy. Toss in a dash of whimsy and a lot of caffeine, and enjoy with a side of chocolate by the light of the full moon.

By day, Bree and Donna are mild-mannered ladies who reside in the Deep South. At night, when their h
More about Moira Rogers...

Mystic Valley (5 books)
  • Moonshine (Mystic Valley, #1)
  • That Old Black Magic (Mystic Valley, #3)
  • Some Like It Haunted (Mystic Valley, #4)
  • Last Hope (Mystic Valley, #5)