Start by marking “Illusionary” as Want to Read:
Illusionary

Illusionary

Dorothy got sucked into a tornado.
Alice fell down a hole.
Wendy flew to Neverland.
Kamryn? She tripped down the stairs.
Now, Kamryn Kensington finds herself in a strange new world. Within minutes of her arrival, she dodges an archer’s arrow and avoids getting sliced up by a cosplay reject holding a dagger to her throat. And that’s before the storyteller’s breath brings
Published April 4th 2017 by Desiree Williams

To ask other readers questions about Illusionary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Illusionary

Start your review of Illusionary
Serethiel ☽ ✨
Though I didn't love this quite as much as I loved Sun and Moon , the romance was simply darling. <3 And I loved all the little nods to Robin Hood, Snow White, Pandora's Box, Peter Pan, and Alice in Wonderland woven throughout! ^_^
Galaxy Adventurer
I got to beta read this, and guys, it's amazing! Definitely add it to your to-read shelf! :-D
Laura A. Grace
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Got to beta read this about a month ago and so good! Looking forward to rereading it when it releases.

UPDATED REVIEW:

I loved this book so much more the second time around. The storyline is still amazing and definitely soaked in every single detail as Kam described the beauty around her (especially at one very beautiful place).

One thing that I don't think I fully appreciated the first time around was the Oracle and a certain scene with Kam and Reese. Those scenes so strongly encouraged me and
Laurie Lucking
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I ADORED this book. From the second chapter on, I could hardly put it down. It made me laugh, cry, and even swoon on occasion. Kam is a fantastic protagonist: easy to relate to, a great sense of humor, and so much heart. And Reese! *sigh* I just loved his vulnerability and the way he was drawn to Kam in spite of himself. Williams' world-building was very cool, and the mysteries and plot twists kept me guessing and turning pages.

If you enjoy fantasy mixed with humor and romance, you will love
Kara
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Got to beta read this about a month ago and it's amazing! Looking forward to rereading it when it releases :) :) :)
Started reading this for the second time in April 2017, but had a few books to review first so put this one aside. Am picking it up now end of May 2017 :)

Just wow, can't i PLEASE give this book more than five stars?!!!! This story is perfect, it's everything I want to read in a sweet fantasy with tons of unexpected adventure with a main character who is charming, loyal, and very
Toni Shiloh
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Illusionary, my first read of Desiree Williams. I loved the fairytale aspect, the faith theme, and the land of Ur. If you love fairytales and fantasy books check this one out.
Rachel Lopez
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read! Mrs. Williams really knows how to draw you into her world and hold you captivated! Highly recommended.
Nadine Keels
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A tumble down the stairs lands Kamryn into a different world, the Land of Ur, where she meets a handsome storyteller who can bring stories to life. The storyteller takes Kamryn to the Oracle, who gives Kam a dangerous rescue mission to complete before she can get back home. But the mission proves to be much more than it appears to be in Illusionary, a novel by author Desiree Williams.

Awe. Some. Ness. I wasn't ready.

I mean, the book starts out cute and funny (and Kam is a pretty funny heroine
Emily
Kamryn Is an everyday girl. She's a little lost when it comes to her future, but the present is fun, so why not enjoy it? Then a trip down the stairs sends her tumbling into a fantasy would called Ur. No matter how nice living there seems, or how cute the storyteller is, Kamryn still hopes to return home ot her family. The mysterious Oracle gives her the opportunity, on one condition - she has to complete a quest.

Illusionary was awesome! A bit of a hidden gem, in my opinion. I read the books
K
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a really good book! Desiree Williams is swiftly becoming one of my favorite authors, and this book doesn't disappoint. I fell in love with every character. Keep writing!!!
Saffron
May 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
This is not a bad book perhaps, but it was just a complete miss for me personally. I don’t really care to read about emotionally scarred heroes, even worse if he’s ‘been-burnt-in-love-before’ type and progressively worse if it involved a very serious relationship, not just old fashioned dating. Not my thing at all. I find it very tiresome to read about such heroes resolving their various emotional issues and the resulting dynamics between a hero and a heroine because of this, whatever the ...more
Britta
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
**Added to Favorites Shelf**

I read a lot of good books. This one though. Just wow. My mind is blown. I'm in love with the story, the characters the writing. All of it.

The characters were well written and you really just enjoy them. I don't want to be too Spoliery. But they way they cross over (You'll understand at the end) Was AMAZING. I honestly Didn't see it coming at all. Or the ending for the fact. I was crying a good 15% of the last part of the book.

The Visuals for the scenes and Ur was
Jebraun Clifford
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kamryn is such a fun heroine. Even though she’s been thrown into a strange land, she rises to the occasion with determination and a saving sense of humour. And I enjoyed her artistic bent that sees the beauty in everything around her. And Reese? What a swoon-worthy hero. The romance was satisfying without being too sentimental or mushy.

The imaginary Land of Ur was also well-developed. I had no problem imagining it’s forests, castles, Jolly Harbor, and other places (don’t want to give away too
Kim  Gregory
May 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: dnf
I loved another series by Desiree Williams, but I couldn't finish this story. It was very immature and crass. The main female character used strong slang, and language a four year old would use. Come on, we are mature and should talk like we are, and that we have some sense of modesty and privacy in our speech. There was also a vague Christian theme to the story. Other than the slang and the immature language it was a clean story.
Katherine M
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lost Girl

Kamryn would do anything not to grow up and follow a boring career path. She dreams of being an artist, but doesn't know how to tell her family. She's the family screw-up, but in another world, there's a Storyteller that desperately needs her, and all the courage she can gather.
A sweet, whimsical tale, with allusions to well-known children's stories. Fun characters, an imaginative world, and a satisfying story end.
Catherine
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. You can really see where the author was influenced by The Wizard of OZ, Peter Pan, and Alice in Wonderland. The characters really make this book, especially Kamryn, Resse, and Torin.

Other then one typo, this book is great. I am ready to read about their next adventure.
Sara James
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun, hopeful, enjoyable journey. Reminiscent of Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland.
Shannon Hiner
Illusionary by Desiree Williams is a New Adult Fantasy novel (the main character is 19 years old, I am counting this as NA and no one can convince me otherwise!) about a young woman who trips and falls into another world. Literally.

Once there, she meets a band of boys, lead by a young man with unusual powers, and goes on a quest to save the ‘Maker’ of the world. Hilarity, sweetness and wonder ensue. This novel was an unexpected pleasure for me. I fully expected to enjoy the premise, but was
Lorin
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading this wonderful book! I loved the characters and the plot! I had a
hard time putting this wonderful book down!
Jeremy
Feb 06, 2018
C.O. Bonham
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-met-the-author
So many feels! I don't know where to begin.

First of all this story is a book worms dream. So many references! There is no one book that this riffs but rather it is an ode to all the classics of childhood. Peter Pan, Wizard of Oz, and Alice in Wonderland all get their nod.

Kamryn Kensington is a wonderfully relate-able heroine. She may be an adult in years but like many she still struggles with 'adulting.' Her passion's and dreams are taking her in a different direction than her older sister
Mollie
Apr 12, 2017

• Common (Tales of the Mystics, #1)
  • Threadbare: A Short Story
  • Ending Fear (The Gliding Lands #1)
  • The Girl Who Could See
  • Flight of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #2)
Desiree Williams is a dreamer by day and chocoholic by night. She lives in the beautiful state of Kentucky with her husband and daughter, where she juggles life as a wannabe supermom. Desiree is a lover of food and avoider of dirty dishes. She delights in making people laugh and strives to bring hope and love with her wherever she goes.
“Ah, my wee sprite." He released the lock of hair and leaned closer. "If learning to fly is your desire, then fly you shall.” 2 likes
“Yes!" Torin threw an arm over Reese's shoulder. "Smell that in the air? A grand adventure awaits.” 2 likes