Start by marking “The Legacy and the Lion (The Yusan Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Legacy and the Lion (The Yusan Chronicles, #1)

The Legacy and the Lion (The Yusan Chronicles, #1)

The future is a primitive place. Three hundred year from now, the kingdom of Yusay stands solidly amid the broken bones of our broken world. Horses ply the roads, the best weapons are broadswords and bows, and the Ancients are feared and despised.
Patrick Bell hails from a secret colony that remembers the Ancients. After the violent death of his wife and children, Patrick n
ebook
Published March 29th 2017 by Titonik Books

To ask other readers questions about The Legacy and the Lion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legacy and the Lion

Start your review of The Legacy and the Lion (The Yusan Chronicles, #1)
Amie's Book Reviews
This book is the beginning of a truly epic saga.

It is exceedingly rare that I find a new author who writes so well that I believe her book can easily be rated up there with famous and bestselling authors. The only reason people have not yet heard of this book is a lack of marketing.

THE LEGACY AND THE LION could, and I believe would, hit the best-seller lists if more people spread the word as to how truly exceptional this story is. In fact, when I was speaking to my husband about this book, he
Tony Parsons
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yusay kingdom. King Gar Kalt (Master Teacher of the Wisdom of Allver) was watching/admiring his 2 children Prince Shang (son/brother), & Princess Jex (daughter/sister, First Line) as they battled.
Master of Guards Seff Patrick Bell (widower) on Jubal (horse) had been watching also.
Stablemaster Rako came to challenge Master of Guards Seff.
Patrick had challenged Master of Guards Seff.
Judge Lang said go.
Princess Deedar (55+, First Line, Palace master of Yusay) was interviewing Patrick.

Next came K
Gina R Mitchell
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Epic dystopian fantasy!

The Legacy and the Lion by Elaine Jemmett is the new standard by which I will measure all novels in this genre. The superb world-building puts you in the heart of the action and behind the screen listening to the whispers of intrigue.

The novel is brimming over with well-developed rich characters. There are many plots and intrigues woven throughout the story, yet they never become muddled. What a testament to the authors skills.

I love the equality and wit of the female cha
Tony Duxbury
Nov 22, 2019
Victor Salinas
is currently reading it
Apr 27, 2020
Making Connections: 5441. - THE LEGACY AND THE LION by Elaine Jemmett 6 29 May 12, 2019 08:53AM

• Never Change (Demon's Blood #3)
  • Wyoming Sundown (The McAllister Brothers #3)
  • What Is Blue Blue Blue-What Is Blue to You
  • The After Days
  • I Am Not Thirteen
  • Secrets To Being Amazing: What confident people don't do
  • Touch of Smoke
  • The Last Real Girl (The Disappearance of Charlotte Walters, #1)
  • Dagger and Scythe: The Ichorian Epics Book 2
  • Adventures in Amarant: Short Stories Collection Vol 1
  • Pieces of Me
  • A Right Proper Murder (The Infiniti in the Gaslamp Mysteries, #1)
  • The Beat on Ruby's Street
  • Fool's Errand (The Beat Street Series Book Book 2)
  • Searching for a Place to Call Home: A Tale about the Power of Art
  • This Time
  • Timur's Escape
  • Dead Man Dreaming
1 follower
Elaine Jemmett was born in 1960 in Toronto, Canada, the youngest child of three. When Elaine was ten the family moved to the country. Nearest friends were far away, and Elaine spent a lot of her free time rambling in the woods with the family dog, feeding a deep love of nature and developing an already over-active imagination. She studied English Literature at Toronto's York University and has wor ...more

News & Interviews