Start by marking “A Recipe for Romance (Marietta St. Claire's Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Recipe for Romance (Marietta St. Claire's Series, #1)

A Recipe for Romance

(Bachelor Bake-Off #5)

Wes planned a drive by trip to Marietta, Montana to help his dad close a business deal and then to head back to his life in New York. But when his dad volunteers him for the Bachelor Bake-Off to commemorate a local fallen first responder, Wes can’t say no, even though Marietta holds painful memories and baking eludes his skill set.

After an accident sidelines Noelle Olsen’
Published March 7th 2017 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Recipe for Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Recipe for Romance

Elaine
Rating: 4/5

Overview:

This series, set in Marietta, Montana concerns the participants in the Bachelor Bake-Off which is being organised to help finance ‘Harry’s House’, a house where it is planned children can go, take part in activities, learn key life skills and be helped with their studies. A safe place for them all being created in memory of Harry Monroe, a first responder who was tragically killed whilst endeavouring to help an elderly couple. Each story in the series has one of the bachelor’
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's review:

What a wonderful, romantic series the Bachelor Bake-off has become. Sometimes it’s really sweet and sometimes is down-right “aww” worthy. But, all of the stories, so far, have been beautiful. Lara Van Hulzen’s A Recipe For Romance was no different. Each author that has contributed to this series has really brought different levels of romance and love to their stories.

Wes is a workaholic, business mogul. Noelle is a dancer. Do they mix? No. But, Wes has no choice but to go after th
Book Gannet
This fifth installment from the multi-author Bachelor Bake-Off series is full of sweetness, if a little light on Marietta and baking. Wes is a billionaire who usually lives in New York, but is spending time with his father, brother and adorable niece, while Noelle is a dance teacher who recently moved north with her sister to make a new start in the small town. Family plays a big role, as does a fair dose of damsel in distress, and it all makes for a nice, easy escape.

It is slightly lacking in s
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

A Recipe For Romance brings the Bachelor Bake-Off series to a close. While I enjoyed Wes and Noelle’s story, I found it to be more of a billionaire’s romance than a story set in the tight knit community of Marietta, Montana. Neither main character seems particularly thrilled to be in Marietta, in fact Wes has some major attitude against the town. So, I guess I’m simply surprised that the closer for this series has very little about the lore or the townsfolk of Mariet
Book Lover
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it
This book follows a very commonly used theme. Billionaire falls for damsel in distress and becomes her hero. While I didn’t dislike this story, I didn’t especially like it either. Nothing in it to make it memorable or make me want to go back for the others. This is a quick, clean, slow growing romance.

Noelle and her sister Holly move to Marietta, Montana for a fresh start. Noelle was in an accident that broke her leg and caused muscle and tissue damage that ended her ballet career. That same ac
Didi
Meet Wesley St. Clare, the fifth - and most loaded - bachelor got shanghaied into taking part in Bake-Off competition. His tutor is Noelle Olsen, a former ballet dancer who opened dance studio in town after a tragic accident ended her dancing career. What's a dancer got to do with teaching how to bake? An adorable five year old student of her, that's what.

This fifth entry to the story is quite a sweet, sedate-paced one; the highlight for me actually was five year-old Annalise and her father (an
Runner10
Mar 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Noelle lands in Marietta, Montana to recover from an injury. Wes goes to Marietta to help his Dad. He doesn't intend on staying there until he meets Noelle. This is a sweet love story with a happy ending,
Sharon Redfern
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute story about a woman, Noelle, who has to start a new life after being injured in the same accident that killed her parents. She and her sister move to the town of Marietta, Montana so she can open a dance studio. When she she has a brief encounter with a good looking guy at a local bar, she is surprised to meet him again when he comes to pick up one of her young students. Wes is the uncle of of her student and through some family finagling, Noelle finds herself giving him baking lessons so h ...more
Emma
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Recipe for Romance by Lara Van Hulzen
Wes planned a drive by trip to Marietta, Montana to help his dad close a business deal and then to head back to his life in New York. But when his dad volunteers him for the Bachelor Bake Off to commemorate a local fallen first responder, Wes can’t say no, even though Marietta holds painful memories and baking eludes his skill set.

After an accident sidelines Noelle Olsen’s career as a dancer, she moves to Montana to pursue a new dream: opening a dance studi
Jean
This was a very sweet story. Noelle is the local dance teacher, former dancer, and very down to earth. Wes is from a filthy rich family, and not to happy that his father signed him up for the bachelor bake off in town.
All of the characters were lovable. Wes was amazing, so down to earth and as normal as can be expected for someone who has a driver and someone to cook for him. It was interesting watching him learn how to bake, considering he has never even been grocery shopping before.
I was torn
Suze Lavender
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wes is in Marietta for a business deal when his dad signs him up for the Bachelor Bake-Off. Wes can't say no to charity, but he doesn't know how to bake. Fortunately his five-year-old niece Annalise has the perfect solution. She's taking dancing lessons with Noelle and thinks her teacher is great. Noelle can bake as well as she can dance, so Annalise thinks she's the perfect candidate to teach Wes how to make cookies, cake and pie. What will happen when Noelle and Wes get to know each other bett ...more
Bonnie Gonzales
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a book in the Bachelor Bake Off series set in Marietta Montana,which pretty well guaranteed I would like it from the get go.
When Wes's niece talks her dance teacher into coaching her uncle for the bake off the fun begins.
I love a love story where the hard working, pay check to pay check gal ends up spoiled by the rich guy and lands him to,awe this is one of those.
Enjoyable read, hope you get to read it.
Paula
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a wonderful addition to the Bachelor Bake-Off Series. A Recipe for Romance by Lara Van Hulzen stays true to the overall theme of this heartwarming series of helping a great cause with a side benefit of giving each man who has entered the Bake-Off a surprising Happy Ever After. In this case, it’s a young person who does the match making for her uncle. I like how it all fell together since Wes was interested in Noelle but didn’t even know her name after a chance encounter. Fate sometimes work ...more
Bette Hansen
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the fifth book in the Bachelor Bake-Off series and it's a very sweet nice read. The characters, Wes and Noelle, are interesting. I would have liked a little more spark to their relationship but they are good for each other. Wes is in Marietta visiting his father when he is wrangled into the bake-off. Knowing nothing about baking he's certain this crazy idea will be a bust, but when his niece convinces the local dance teacher to help him out, things start looking up!

A sweet read that is v
Eileen
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed reading A Recipe for Romance written by Lara Van Hulzen, the fifth entry in the Bachelor Bake-Off series. This is Wes St. Claire and Noelle Olsen’s story. It is a story about how life can throw a wrench in your life path yet not take you off course. As Noelle teaches Wes about baking they both learn that life can offer more than the life each was currently living. I loved how they learned from each other that they are special just as they are and that their love for each other is ...more
Ash P Reads
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by Lara and I quite liked it. The great part about mixed author series is that you discover many brilliant new writers. For me this book was like wrapping myself up in a blanket of soft clouds.

That is the only way I can express the way Wes and Noelle fall in love. There's nothing rushed or hurried about their feelings. More like they allowed themselves to let the love just flow over them and then they open their eyes and realise they love each other. Yup this ma
Becky Burciaga
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The fifth and last book in the Bachelor Bake-Off series set in Marietta, Montana has tied up the series perfectly. Not only is the chemistry between Wes and Noelle off the charts, but their relationship and all the players and pieces involved affected the town and served to benefit all its members.

Wes and Noelle had a unique sweetness to their chemistry in that each was so unsure of the other, making they both played it safe. In doing so they created a dynamic that drove the story from beginnin
Kimberly
Reviewed for Wit and Sin

A Recipe for Romance is a Hallmark movie-ready story. It’s sweet, has picture-perfect characters, and the story has a reliable, satisfying plot. It’s not the freshest story out there, but it has charm and is a cozy read.

Noelle is a former ballet dancer looking for a fresh start after a tragedy turned her life upside down. She’s sweet and caring, and I definitely liked her, but I wanted to delve more into her character, her past… I wanted something that made her stand
C bond
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
netgalley

a sweet read. good addition/finale to the series, I liked this book.
Bernie
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Recipe for Romance is the fifth delightfully sweet book in The Bachelor Bake-Off series written by author Lara Van Hulzen. Thanks to NetGalley and Tule Publishing for the advance copy.
Donnajo
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read a advanced readers copy of this book.

Book three of the Bachelor Bake-off series. This book was a great addition to the series. Likable characters and great dialogue. I'm looking forward to reading more in this series and more by this author.
Kristin Davison
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
I would like to thank netgalley and Tule Publishing for a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

This is the fifth and final book in the bachelor bake-off series. The plot is enjoyable, but I just didn't click with the story, I found myself skim reading the last 30% just to finish it.

The series

This series was a bit hit and miss for me. It was interesting reading a series written by so many different authors. The idea worked well and I'd read more books from some of the authors.
Vânia Nunes
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I didn't know this series, although I heard at the time about the accident with Harry Monroe.
This particular book caught my eye after I read Book # 3 in the series about the St Claire brothers, from there I went to look at the previous books.
--------------------------------

Wesley St Claire, aka Wes, lived in NY and was the CEO of family businesses.
His father, Daniel St Claire, had made his fortune through TV movies and broadcasting.
Daniel was widowed (his wife died of cancer) and d
Rosemary K
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Noelle and her sister moved to Marietta to start over after the death of their parents. They decided they needed to get away from the tragedy. Since her injury prevents Noelle from dancing as a ballerina, she opens a dance studio where she can teach children to love dancing. Who knew a chance meeting would take a romantic turn? She meets a cute guy at Grey's Saloon. Wesley St. Claire is charming and handsome. These two have immediate chemistry. Noelle has agreed to teach Wes to bake. He needs to ...more
Shelagh
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recipe for Romance by Lara van Hulzen has been an absolute joy to read. I've read several novellas by this author and she hasn't disappointed me once. This story is set in the small Montana town of Marietta and is part of Montana Born Books Bachelor Bake Off series. It pits billionaire businessman Wes St Clair, who is supremely confident at all he tackles in life except baking, against dance instructor Noelle Olsen, who has recently moved to Marietta with her sister Holly. While the attraction b ...more
The Book Worm
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Recipe for Romance is a sweet, clean romance story, but it didn't fully click for me. The writing is a sometimes a bit repetitive (the fact that Wes is always perfectly groomed, for example, seems to be written in every other page) and I failed to grasp the moment Wes and Noelle really fall in love, especially since they'd met only about a handful of times before.

But it's still a fun and sweet romance story, with a fairy original plot, and I found it better than Sprinkled with Love, the other
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
A Recipe for Romance (The Marietta St. Claire's Book 1)

The love story of Wes and Noelle. Wes St. Claire is the son of the riches man in Marietta, Montana. He back for a short time because his father send for him. His father enter him in a cooking context. Noelle was a ballerina, an accident ended her career and kill her parents. Now she teach ballet. She met Wes and his nice ask Noelle to help him win . Can love find them?
Renae
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Wes and Noelle story was sweet! Noelle working to tackle the world in her comfort zone, while Wes is having to leave his! Two different worlds colliding!

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Paula Pugh
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Noelle is a dancer but a dancer whose career ended when she broke her leg. Now occasional pain sidelines her but not her desire to teach dance to others. She and her sister, Holly, have opened businesses in Marietta, a town they visited as kids and loved. Love or anything akin to love is on the way back burner as Noelle strives to make her dance studio a success. She meets Wes on a unusual night at Grey’s Saloon-unusual because she is not a bar person. Wes meets her again when he brings his niec ...more
Gaby Sweet
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed reading this story.
I write sweet romances. I read everything. I love sports, tea, books, and cookies. My faves are my dogs, Hubby, & 3 kids. Author at Tule Publishing.

Bachelor Bake-Off (5 books)
  • A Teaspoon of Trouble (Bachelor Bake-Off, #1)
  • A Spoonful of Sugar (Bachelor Bake-off, #2)
  • Sprinkled with Love (Bachelor Bake-Off #3; Tangled Charms #1)
  • Baking for Keeps (Big Sky Hathaways #1; Bachelor Bake-Off #4)