Start by marking “At Her Own Risk” as Want to Read:
At Her Own Risk

At Her Own Risk

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  133 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
Sex.
That’s all it was supposed to be. No strings attached, no feelings, no heartache.
But if I thought Sean Riley would be content having only parts of me, I was dead wrong. His persistence wore me down and I found myself in the one situation I was trying to avoid.
Little does he know a life with me will lead to nothing but disappointment and heartbreak. He’s a good man an
Published (first published August 14th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about At Her Own Risk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At Her Own Risk

Alex ♈
I picked it up to have a light and funny read, but I got much more.
The story has much depth and a very important message.
It’s beautiful and heart-breaking. It has very likable characters, sweet funny moments, sexy times; but almost unexpected twist at approx. 50% brings it on another level and makes you, as a reader, think about life and its value, about that every day we have should to be appreciated, that every person we like/love needs to be cherished.

I will spoil much, so if you want to go
Ann Lou
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a nice surprise this book turned out to be.  Thank you Alex for discovering this hidden gem of a book.  You sure knew how to pick them.  Although, I get to marry Sean first. LOL

Sean our H is one relentless guy who chased our heroine for two years with his bad pickup lines and silly jokes.  He would go above and beyond to make her happy.  " I'm a stubborn and determined bastard.  I never take no for an anseer and I have a whole slew of funny jokes.  But most importantly, I never give up on t
Leonor
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**4.5 Sean Riley stars**
And because of him I clicked 5 stars!!

For me the hero made this book 110%, I loved how he fought for her, how he took care of her, how he loved her even though she kept pushing him away he was always there.

We need more heroes like this one.

I understood why the heroine pushed him away but after a while that pushing got old really fast for me and she started to annoyed me. i want to slap her to see reason. Lol
DJ Sakata
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

I’m Ella’s favorite uncle… There aren’t a whole lot of guys who would perform the Frozen soundtrack for a fourteen-month-old with as much accuracy as me.

Scarlett is a serial dater. I don’t think I’ve seen any of her relationships last longer than a couple weeks. Her philosophy is if it’s not perfect in the beginning, it’s bound to be a disaster in the end.

It’s official; she’s castrated me and turned me into a chick. I’ve never second-guessed myself so much in my lif
Christine
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
At Her Own Risk is definitely a roller-coaster of a story, filled with lots of emotions, heartache, sadness.....but most of all love. Sean & Paige meet a few years back and have an immediate attraction to one another, but it takes them awhile to give into their feelings for one another. Sean wants more than just friendship with Paige, but she is hesitant to give it a chance. Yet, he finally wears her down as they start spending a lot of time together and she decides to give it a shot. Right ...more
Theresa Alberts
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it
At Her Own Risk by Rachel Duncan is an extremely emotional book that brought me to tears on more than one occasion, tears and feelings of empathy toward Paige and Sean's situation. This book begins with the feisty push and pull of Paige and Sean who clearly want to be in a relationship with each other, Sean putting it all on the line and Paige holding him at arms length to protect herself. Once Paige finally lets her walls down and really lets Sean in, the unthinkable happens and the reader watc ...more
Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
A beautifully emotional story that takes the reader through the highs and lows of a romance that hits some tough roadblocks.

Full Review on Baddass Bloggettes: https://wordpress.com/post/badassblog...
Badass Bloggettes
What an emotional story on so many levels. At Her Own Risk by Rachael Duncan is one of those books that’s hard for me to review for a couple reasons. 1) The review has to remain a little vague to allow the reader to experience the events on their own. 2) I was Paige a few years ago and therefore have a little difficulty understanding some of her decisions although I’m sure some women make similar choices, however, I can’t wrap my head around it.

I am 100% on board with the beginning of this sto
Terri Lynn
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
31 Chapters, Epilogue.
Release Date - Aug 14, 2017
Paige & Sean's perspectives.

"Look, I'm not the relationship type. I'm fine on my own." I pause. "I'm happy this way." While not a lie, it's not really the truth either. I don't do relationships, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't envious of what my friends, Lydia and Charlotte, have.

"Casual? Like friends with benefits?"

*I'm not real open about growing feelings with him, but hopefully he understands the huge step this was for me today.*
ME:
Christie72
WOW! I had no idea what a powerful and emotional book I would be reading when I first began this book! Paige has been pushing Sean away for years, but one steamy encounter changed that. Now, she has outright been avoiding him, but Sean, being who he is, doesn’t give up easily…thank goodness! With persistence, he gets her to first agree to a friends with benefits arrangement, then he continues to make his way into her heart. After proving his feelings to her, he has made it beyond her strong wall ...more
Jody
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank you Rachael Duncan for giving Sean and Paige their own story as I am still recovering from the steaminess of this couple when you first introduced them to us in Calculated Risk. Although a standalone, in At Her Own Risk, we become entwined in Sean’s and Paige’s lives, as they both realize the connection they share, even though Paige continues to fight it. Paige Stewart is sassy, independent, determined and a feisty woman, who is focused on her career, but also happens to be a natural beaut ...more
Angela DeMarco
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
At Her Own Risk by Rachael Duncan is a beautifully written and emotional story. I found myself in tears a few times, and sympathizing with Paige and Sean's situation. One minute I'm smiling, then my smile turns into a frown, my happiness was gone I'm now completely heartbroken. Rachael hits you with a WTF moment and you're left wondering where the story will go from here.

Paige is a sassy, feisty, stubborn woman. She's afraid to commit to a relationship for fear of rejection and getting her heart
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

I was looking forward to getting my hands on this one, because while it can be read as a stand-alone I met the characters in another book. Paige and Sean have known each other for some time. He has come at her with corny lines and she has blown him off at every turn. Until the inevitable happens, but it was supposed to just be that once. A time to get all of their frustrations out and move on, at least that is what Paige thought.

Sean is a fun character. He is loving and quirky and literally has
Stephannie Tolitsky- Swoon Worthy Books /Enticing Journey Boo
Paige didn't do relationships because she didn't want heartache. Sean Riley has been interested in whatever he can get with Paige. Sean has been interested in Paige for a while and is very persistent in his goal to get the girl. Paige finally caves but only agrees to no strings attached, just sex. But Sean isn't content with this plan and is working on wearing her down. Paige fears that she will be nothing but a disappointment to Sean. Is Sean worth the risk?

This was a great book. I love Sean an
BethyMac
5 fabulous risky stars

Wow, what a fabulous and very emotional read At Her own risk was. This author has become a one click author for me this past year and I have to say once again she did not disappoint with her latest release. There is just something about her writing style, her fabulous cast of characters and their stories that pulls me in every time and makes me fall so in love with her books.

Lustful Literature
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Beth's Review

Paige Stewart has become a challenge for Sean Riley these past two years. The moment he met her he knew he h
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
“You could destroy me.”
“Or I could love you.”

When—not if, since At Her Own Risk is a book you should be reading—you pick up Rachael Duncan’s latest book, please make sure you also pick up some tissues. Lord knows you’re going to need them.

I’m sure, from my opening statement, that you can infer that this book is something of a tear-jerker. It touches on an emotional subject matter, and does so in a way that doesn’t shy from reality. Nor does it lessen the feels, make them merely fodder to drive
Michele
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** 4.5 Stars **

I thoroughly enjoyed this story!

Sean and Paige have this connection that can’t be ignored, but oh does Paige try. Paige tries her hardest to protect her heart from Sean, but eventually her walls that she’s worked so hard to build start to crumble down. Just watching these two together pulls at your heart strings.

Life has a funny way of showing you just how strong you are.

Just when things are starting to look promising between Paige and Sean, Paige has something unthinkable happ
Three Chicks
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review by Trinette Dungee

I don’t intend to break your heart, but you forget your feelings aren’t the only ones on the line.

Holy Hell, damn that Sean Riley, he just goes straight to my heart.

Okay so reading the synopsis I figured this was going to be a one sided story, boy was I WRONG! This was a dual POV and let me tell you. Sean’s POV totally sucked me in.

Paige Stewart and Sean Riley have been dancing around each other for a few years. Sean’s brother dated and is now married to one of Paige’s
Brandy Roberts
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very conflicted with my feelings for at her own risk overall I found it quite enjoyable , I haven't read the other books before this but I wasn't lost just felt like I was missing something . Rachael Duncan did a fantastic job on bringing in the emotions was very close to tears on some parts . Adored Sean he puts up with a lot from the heroine and I applaud him with his patients , kindness , and dorky pick up lines always find a hero that can make me laugh supper attractive . Paige now here is w ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Paige doesn't even try to get wrapped up in relationships, and she feels like her life is fine the way it is. So when she interviews for a new job, things quickly go to hell in a hand basket when her interviewer is none other than Sean, the man she finally let herself hookup with. He wants nothing more than everything with her, but she's too scared to put herself out like that. So he tries to get her to agree to a friends with benefits situation until he can keep her from running. When he has en ...more
Fizza
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an epic read. I loved it! It has the right amount of emotions, romance, and humor.
Paige doesn't want a relationship. She knows that they only lead to heart break, and chaos in life. She is just fine living her life in a way where she knows her heart is safe. She is an independent woman and relationships scares her. Sean likes Paige a lot, from the moment she rejects him he wants her even more. He is relentless and bent on changing her mind about relationships, and most importantly about
Books Laid Bare
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I feel conflicted on what I should and shouldn’t say about this book and for me that is not a very comfortable place to be. I usually find that I can come down on one side of the fence or the other but the characters in this had me wondering WTF a few more times that I am normally comfortable with.
I liked Paige in the main but that didn’t mean that there weren’t times that if I could have gotten my hands on her I wouldn’t have been ready to throttle her, she was so stubborn.
Sean was a tad more
Brittany Hively
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing

It is proven that reading is healthy and does the body good. It keeps our minds sharp and helps us relax. Reading also makes sure we feel things that we may have thought we'd never feel. At Her Own Risk, was that book for me. It made me laugh and swoon and then tore me apart and lovingly put me back together again.

I have never read a book quite like this before. It was beautiful in so many different ways and I can't get it out of my head. This may be one of my top ten reads so far this year. Ye
Emily Goodman
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Duncan wows with At Her Own Risk, her new emotionally gripping new release. At Her Own Risk brought out all the feels as I read taking me on a rollercoaster of emotions that ranged from fun, witty laughs to heartbroken fear.

Paige is feisty, stubborn and holds so true to who herself. She’s taken herself off the market in hopes to save her heart from being broken. Until Sean. Sean will take whatever he can get from Paige even if it’s just friends with benefits. Paige runs you through the ringer.
Lora
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5 stars!!!!!!!

This book tore me up emotionally in the worst kind of way -- AND I totally loved it! Every page was better than the last. Watching Paige accept Sean and Sean fall harder and harder for her was such a (to be cliche) romantic sight!

Tears made it hard to read more than a few pages, but I still can’t believe how lucky I am to have been a part of their journey on paper. It was emotionally exhausting in the best way. I can’t believe the relief I felt after finishing this story.
Neilliza Swaffar
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it
☆☆☆☆ 3.5 STARS ☆☆☆☆

At Her Own Risk was fun and emotional. Paige and Sean story might put some readers in tears, so be ready for that. I can’t say too much without ruining the story, so all I can say it every reader will have to read this story to really feel the impact that these two will have on each reader. I do love Sean Riley, he was persistent when it comes to winning Paige’s heart. The man will stop at nothing to make her see what is right in front of her. Sean’s sexy, smart and a great g
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
At Her Own Risk was a beautiful & emotional story. This book is Sean Riley and Paige Stewart’s story. I am completely in love with Sean Riley. I love his quirky sense of humor and how much he loves Paige who fought hard not to love him. Paige had some devastating things that happened to her and both her friends Lydia, Charlotte and Scarlett were there for her as well as Sean!

Just in case you had the same question I did and wanted to find out the Series order here it is.

Calculated Risk – was
Samantha's ~*Confessions*~
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*ARC Received in Exchange for an Honest Review*
*Bookaholic Confessions*

4.5 Sexy-Sweet and Emotional Stars

Can we first talk about this cover? I absolutely love it! Just gorgeous! I was super excited to read about Paige and Sean's stories since I have kind of become invested in all the characters from the "Risk" series, but I do think this can be read as its own stand alone.

I absolutely love Sean. Usually, I tend to find myself relating to or rooting for the heroine in the story, but in this one,
Shannon Ferguson
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!!

What an emotional rollercoaster this book took me on.

I wasn't feeling Paige at first. I understand where she was coming from, but she came off as a bitch more than anything at the beginning. After she opened up a bit, and took a chance on Sean, we began to see a different side of her. My heart broke for both of them as they faced a huge challenge, and the best word I can use to describe Paige now is a warrior. She's kick butt, opened her heart, and never gave up. This is my first rea
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »