Start by marking “You're Going to Survive” as Want to Read:
You're Going to Survive

You're Going to Survive

True stories about terrible bosses, hysterical clients, awful Yelp reviews, disappointing sales, and other painful, discouraging messes--and how to get through it. No matter what type of career path you've chosen, sooner or later, you're going to experience a moment when you feel defeated and discouraged. It might be a project that totally flops. It might involve getting f ...more
Paperback
Published November 1st 2017 by Mango

To ask other readers questions about You're Going to Survive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You're Going to Survive

Ana
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a good book if you're doing creative stuff or starting a business. It's not a book I needed, but I enjoyed it anyway.
Danni Green
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything Alexandra Franzen writes is GREAT. This was, of course, also GREAT. It's a collection of essays, some by Franzen and some by others, which she describes as "True stories of criticism, rejection, public humiliation, terrible Yelp reviews, and other experiences that basically make you want to die—and how to get through it". Beautiful. So many good stories! Loved it.
Rebecca
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been a longtime reader and supporter of Alex, so I was really looking forward to this book and knew it would be right up my alley.

This book is incredibly encouraging, filled with tons of real-life stories—each paired with practical tips to get through your worst defeats. This is definitely a book I'll gift to others, as well as return to from time to time to reread.
Lisa Harrison
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been a long time fan of Alex too, and her writing never disappoints. I love Alex's positivity and attitude to life, and I know this is a book I'll refer back to time and time again when I need a pep talk. It's a perfect gift for someone going through a tough time in their life or career, and a perfect gift for yourself too!
Emily Clingman
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exactly what I needed to read, right now

I stumbled across Alexandra online recently. I don't remember what I was searching for, but something about her captured my attention. I loved her blog so much, I reached out to her via email and introduced myself as a new fan. I shared with her that I am a 20-year journalist struggling with what direction I want to take next in my career. She warmly responded with a few suggested blog posts she wrote, as well as this book. I wasn't sure what to expect, an
Erin
I've been a subscriber to Alexandra's newsletter for several years now and I always appreciate her positivity, but also vulnerability and authenticity. This is the kind of book that will make you feel less alone. I enjoyed all of the stories and appreciated how varied they were - some of them could be big hurdles to get over (assault, being passed over for a job, your family not supporting what you do), but I also liked that it recognized that even those small things (when someone makes a commen ...more
Ana
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing. It's written in a caring, loving tone with stories of everyday people overcoming various struggles. Regardless of the stage of life you're in, there's a little something for everyone to learn from this book. Good thing about the book is that it's easy to follow and read, so you can do this while waiting in the line at the post office, your morning metro commute, etc.

Alexandra Franzen is one of my favorite authors and this book just shows how much she cares about her reader
louise darcy
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a gorgeous book! I read constantly but this is the first book I have bothered to review. The rest have been great but this one really spoke to me. It seemed like I was meant to read it at this point. Lots of fab advice and pick me ups. I will re-read this one over again as it's full of tips and tricks to get your self esteem and focus back on track.
I really loved it. Well done to the author :-)
Letha
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book showed up at the perfect time for me and was much like a series of comforting, funny, morale-boosting phone calls with a good friend. I started reading in the wake of rejection and kept reading because I realized that I would be coming back to this book again and again, and wanted total immersion the first time around. An excellent resource for those situations when the universe demands that we flex our resiliency muscles.
Teagan
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this. I think there is a lot anyone can get out of the great stories here and Alex's commentary, even though it is really geared to those pursuing unconventional/online careers.
Rebecca Weller
Apr 07, 2018
Christina
Nov 25, 2018
Kirsten
Read as research for an interview with Alex.
Greg Hernandez