Start by marking “Viper's Creed (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Viper's Creed (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #2)

Viper's Creed

(The Cat's Eye Chronicles #2)

Sora is having visions. Strange, terrifying visions brought on by her Cat's Eye necklace, an ancient and magical device. Spurred to action, she leaves her mother's cabin to find Crash, the mysterious assassin who once changed her life. She is certain that together, they can discover what the necklace is trying to tell her.

Crash is still on the run from the dark sorcerer, V
Alternate Cover
Published February 20th 2017 by Runaway Pen (first published October 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Viper's Creed, please sign up.
Chrissie Your library may be able to get this for you if you ask the librarian. They can find a copy from a different county or state or they may just purchase…moreYour library may be able to get this for you if you ask the librarian. They can find a copy from a different county or state or they may just purchase a copy for their library. It doesn't hurt to ask!(less)

Ails
4.5 STARS

WOAH WOAH WOAH! Awesomesauce!

Why is this book not getting any hype?

This is much, much better than the first book. I'm recommending this series!

PLOT - 5
CHARACTERS - 4.5
WRITING STYLE - 4.5
ROMANCE - 5
UNPUTDOWNABLE LEVEL - 4.5
Between the Bind
Jun 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars from Between the Bind.

This book begins a year after Sora's quest has ended. Sora's been busy learning and growing...but thoughts of her friends on the road are a constant reminder of what she lost - and may never have again.

More importantly, while Sora is learning the art of healing, she comes across a disease ridden with dark magic - one that can only be removed by her Cat's Eye. Further news has been spread that this plague is overtaking the land swiftly, wiping out entire villages.
Mimi
DNF @ 40%.

I wanted to finish...but I couldn't. I may come back but probably not any time soon.
It's not awful but I just can't seem to get past a few things.
The plot was set up in a direction that seemed quite interesting and I was intrigued to see how this would go. However, the problem lies in the characters.

Sora is more bearable than she was in the last book which is great because when you have me disliking the main character you know the book won't go anywhere. So, Sora isn't completely at
Michelle
Viper's Creed is a fantasy and quest lovers dream come true. The stage was set in the first book, and now in this book you just get to sit back and enjoy every single page. I completely loved it. It seemed so different than most books that I have been reading lately. Especially the romance. I am a huge fan of this series.

Viper's Creed picks up a year after Sora's Quest left off, and Sora has been staying with and training with Lori. A strange and dangerous disease starts spreading over the land
T.M. Smith
Oct 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At long last I get to travel with Sora, Crash and Burn again! That’s what this series is, it’s an adventure that Shreffler takes you on. Wether it’s through Sora’s eyes as she fights to save the world as well as her friends and family from the Evil that Volcrain has unleashed. Or Crash’s eyes as he does what Crash does best; kill people, keep secrets and push you away. So why are these two so drawn to each other? Let’s not forget Burn; the big burly Wolfie is as outspoken as ever. When their lit ...more
Elli
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book series! The story is so exciting, I can't stop reading. And finally there is also something for the heart, not to forget the funny situations that occur from time to time. The places, characters and their interactions with each other are authentic that you imagine you are really in this world and can feel what they feel. I also like the protagonists Sora and Crash very much and there is also some sympathy for the bad guy Volcrian because in this world nobody is perfect, nobody i ...more
Jamie
WHAT! How!? How can the ending be left that way!? UGH. I NEED THE NEXT ONE TO COME OUTTTTT.
Jas Sahade
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
WhAt HaVe I dOnE tO DeSeRvE tHiS TrEaTmEnT

I'll post a full review at the end of the series summing it all up
Lizzy
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MUCH better than the first one! FINALLY we get some really nice progress in Crash & Sora's budding romance. We get excellent character development, and growth. Crash is changing, but it's so amazing because he's changing without losing those things that make him *him*. He's still deadly, he's still closed off, he keeps people at a distance a lot of the time, he's a man of very few words, he is still an asshole at times. But he's... changing... while still being consistent. He's definitely my ...more
Jane
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC

5 Stars

It’s one year on and Sora hasn’t seen either Crash or Burn since they rode away and left her at her mum’s house. She has been busy learning to fight and helping Lorianne heal the towns folk. When a local farmer falls ill with a fever that previously struck down his stock, Lori becomes suspicious. Her fears are confirmed when the Cat’s Eye manages to cure him and both women realise Dark Magic is responsible for the out break. Sora must now go in search of her long gone friends so they c
Melissa (The Reader & The Chef)
Must.Read.Book.Three. NOW. Gah, I’m OBSESSED with this series. I just love how fun it is to read about the characters, the quest they are on and the endless talk about magic.

Viper’s Creed starts off a year after Sora’s Quest ended. It’s also been a year since Sora last saw Crash or Burn, her kidnappers turned friends. She has been training hard at her mother’s house, but after she begins having visions concerning a curse running around like a plague, she sets off to find them.

The adventure is ju
Bella
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-for-tour
First I want to thank T.L. Shreffler for the chance to be a part of this tour and a part of this series! What a great one it was. Cat's Eye was for sure my favorite in the series so far. Sora's visions of what was to come were scary for sure and to know she had to go back in fight for something she still was not to sure about was scary. She was trying to live her life with her mother and learn the ways of the life she never knew but still missing the people she cared most about. She needs to fin ...more
Jessy
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Our journey continues after a year has passed since Crash (Viper) and Burn walked away from Sora, in hopes of keeping her safe from Volcrian. But they didn't forsee the dark magic Volcrian unleashed with the blood magic he used to create wraiths. They didn't suspect that Sora would somehow get wrapped up in a quest to save humanity from an ancient evil that has wanted darkness to overtake for ages!
As Sora begins her quest to find her friends, she is thrown back into the cat's eye magic yet ag
Sierra Franklin
About the Book

I loved this book. It was fast pace and kept my attention. I wouldn't say that it had a lot of romance. But I can definitively tell that a romantic relationship is developing.
The only problem I had in this book was that I felt like it could be edited a lot better. (Not for grammatical errors but for content). For instance,(view spoiler)
Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota*
Again not such a big fan of the cover, but i totally love the story so who cares really?

The writing is staying pretty much the same. The author using the same fast approach to event, which at the same time is good and bad. Difference is, that now we have more than 2 POVs in which give the story an entirely different feeling and actually feels the gap of the really few bonding scenes that exist. Still full of action, but this time the presence of romance is in the air. Something that i really lov
Kendall Berg
YEAHHHHHH...

dance

^^How I feel when I think about how good this book was and how much BETTER it was than the first one!

*Happy sigh*

Aight y'all - Basically Sora is down "staying home", evil is spreading, and the reluctant romance between her and Crash is building. Thye may not want to see it -ooohhhh no - but I do. And I LIKE IT.

Really - if you read the first book and weren't impressed - stick it out for this one. YUMMY.

Viper (crash) finally starts to open up and become a little less...calculating. Plu
Jodi  Taylor
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
Yo again, folks, here I am, the Almighty QUEEN, with another epic and hopefully not boring review. So, what am I here for again? Oh, yes, the second installment in the Cat's Eye Chronicles. So, if you're anything like me, you would have already purchased the book by now and would be currently reading it, instead of looking at a whole bunch of pointless reviews written by people who have nothing better to do. Like me. Actually, I do have something better to do, but I will write this review in the ...more
Ileana
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
FINALLY got my hands on it!! Read it in a day, and loved it!!
Crash is adorable!! Although, he'd probably kill anyone who called him that...
Blynn
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
As is usually the case, the second book was much better than the first- I really enjoyed reading it! I was so engrossed that I didn't even notice the book was ending until I hit the last page! The author seems to have really good strategic sense when it comes to writing certain character interaction scenes. It's nice to see Sora able to defend herself, with 300% more know how. I still struggled with her intelligence- there's a lot of very obvious connections and she's still as clueless as ever a ...more
Lie
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Ajà
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, ya-fantasy
This book in one sentence: There is an evil plague spreading, and Sora might be the only one who can stop it, if she can reunite with Burn and Crash and end the curse with their help.
My rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Steaminess: 1/2 🌶
Would I recommend: Yes. I'm fully hooked on this series. A couple new characters are added to the cast, and I'm really liking the direction it's going in. It's an almost perfect epic fantasy quest series. It's biggest flaw is that although there are six magical races of people, EVERY
anjuli
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book starts a year after book one ends. I couldn't wait to read this one. We get to find out more about Crash and his background in this one. As we didn't get to know a whole lot about Crash in Sora's Quest except that he's a deadly assassin.

The book begins with Sora living with her mom for the past year or so. She is still getting used to the fact that she has a mom and getting to know her better at the same time. I could relate to her feeling awkward at times with her mom as she did not
Elisabeth Wheatley
I was psyched to start this after finishing Sora’s Quest and I was not in the least disappointed. Here it was confirmed that this is a series I am in love with and on the morning of September 30, you will find me on Amazon, ready to download the next installment. Though we had a bit of a slow start, the rest of the book more than makes up for it and I am so excited for the third I’m like a toddler on Christmas morning.

The plot:

A plague is spreading over the land, caused by a tear between the wor
Angie
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I fully enjoyed this book, its just as good as the first one, if not better. I really like Sora a lot more this time around. She was a little more confident in herself, though she did doubt herself at times she still stuck to her guns. I liked that she was better prepared to take care of herself as well. Not so dependant on the people around her, and more at ease with the Cat's Eye as well.

If I had to pick one thing that I didn't like about this book it would be the addition of Laina to the grou
Mallory Farnham
I was anxiously awaiting Viper's Creed since finishing the first book, Sora's Quest, and it did not disappoint!

This book takes place one year after Sora's Quest ended, in that time Sora has grown up quite a bit since the first book, her fighting skills have improved as well. She finds Crash, and they begin a journey, with friends both old and new.

Crash is just as mysterious and interesting as ever, though parts of his past are beginning to reveal themselves. There are several subtle changes in h
Candi Olsen
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FIRST time I read it on 6/29/13 I marked it as 4 stars.
I considered giving the story a 3.5 just because of the love story part... but I really did enjoy reading it and when I finished I just wanted the read the third book to see how it will all come together. A solid 4! I like watching chick flicks but for some reason I'm not a big fan of reading love stories so... while it did have a more mature feeling than a teen romance I still wasn't satisfied that it's "real" love. I think real love needs
Kori Rea
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After finishing the first book I had to start this one right away. It did not disappoint! I LOVED this book. So far this is one of my new favorite series. I read a lot even when I don't have the time I forgo sleep just to read and it makes it all worth it when I find really good books like these. My only complaint is that I have to wait for the next book and that doesn't happen to me a lot!
I really like all the characters. Sora is a strong heroine who thankfully isn't annoying how a lot tend to
Ashley
Loved this, but I desperately want a map for this series! The storyline is awesome, the world building iS even better than the first, we learn more about the characters and their secrets, and the romance, oh the romance, it's slowly burning my soul, and i can't believe this is only the second book. Definitely no second book syndrome for this series. Absolutely can't wait to read book three...starting no tomorrow...first thing in the morning.
Snowangel Lynch
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It just gets better from here!! Viper's Creed is a perfect, although it's one of the shorter books... No matter!! It's still great and packed with action, and no doubt a great follow up to Sora' Quest!
Andrea Koopaloop
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75

We have character growth y'all!

• Tempest (Scribes of Medeisia, #2)
  • Anomaly of Blaze (The Fireblade Array, #3)
  • Windswept : The Hightower Trilogy, #2
  • Eden-West (Eden, #2)
  • Broken (ShadowLight Saga, #2)
  • Empyreal Fate
  • Beyond the Iron Gate: Zara's Journey (The Lost Kingdom of Fallada #0.5)
  • Defiance (The Priestess Trilogy, #1)
  • The Otherworld Trilogy: Faelorehn / Dolmarehn / Luathara (The Otherworld Trilogy #1-3)
  • Burning Shadows (Order of the Krigers, #2)
  • Fire in the Blood (Shards of a Broken Sword #2)
  • Broken Prince (The Broken Ones, #2)
  • The Theft of Sunlight (The Theft of Sunlight, #1)
  • Blood Storm (Lharmell, #2)
  • Celestial Beginnings (Nephilim, #1)
  • Broken Stone (Souls of the Stones, #3)
  • Vulture (The Ferryman + The Flame #3)
  • Heir of Hope (Follower of the Word, #3)
T. L. Shreffler lives in Los Angeles, CA. She loves diversity, travel, and experiencing different cultures; she tries to evoke that same sense of unfamiliar wonder in her readers. She holds a BA in Eloquence (English) and her poetry has been published consecutively in Eclipse: A Literary Journal and The Northridge Review. She is author of The Cat's Eye Chronicles (YA/Epic Fantasy), The Dragon Pear ...more

The Cat's Eye Chronicles (8 books)
  • Dorian's Game (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Sora's Quest (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #1)
  • Volcrian's Hunt (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #3)
  • Caprion's Wings (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Ferran's Map (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #4)
  • Krait's Redemption (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #5)
  • Cerastes' Curse (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #6)
“So you don't like fish?”
“Not especially,” he replied in an equally soft voice. Then a wicked glint lit his eyes. “Unless it has long, slimy tentacles and suckers, with tiny black eyes that have been boiled in soup...”
“Oh, hush!” Sora laughed. “Are you describing yourself? I think I've seen a few tentacles under that cloak...”
The assassin grimaced. “You're very clever.”
“I learned it from you,” she grinned.
“We'll have to put a stop to that.”
Sora's grin widened. “You could always throw me to the sea.”
Crash laughed. “That wouldn't work. As I recall, you're a very good swimmer.” The compliment was unexpected. He had adopted a deep tone that Sora had never heard before. It sent shivers across her skin and she shifted in her seat, strangely excited.
“I could teach you,” she said.
“Why don't we have our first lesson in the bath?”
1 likes
“I am the fire,” Crash whispered. “I am the darkness.” It was a mantra, a prayer, the beginnings of a ritual, a ceremonial killing. He could see recognition on the bandit's face, the spasm of fear.
Crash never broke eye contact. “I am not Death,” he finished the verse. “I am its vessel.”
1 likes