Start by marking “Lucky” as Want to Read:
Lucky

Lucky

Starting over from scratch, with a new career in a new town, was not what I wanted to do right before I turned thirty. When my best friend came to cheer me up, I played along. I promised her I'd take one last night to let loose and have fun before I embraced my future.

A sexy as sin bartender, and the hottest one-night-stand to ever exist, was not part of my plan.

Neither
Paperback
Published March 2017 by Create Space

To ask other readers questions about Lucky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucky

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Mar 03, 2017 Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
4.25

photo PicsArt_03-03-11.43.06_zpsjgzoy5jg.jpg

Carina Adams, where have you been all my life? This story! These characters! The banter! The sex! I loved it all! I am seriously kicking myself, because this is the first book I have ever read by this author. Why book friends? Why were you guys holding out me?! I am so glad that I finally discovered her, and this awesome story! (No thanks to my “friends.”)

photo pagebreak_zpscaredzya.png

Lucien Chance a.k.a. Lucky, a local college football star, is at work when a beautiful blonde catches his eye. Sunny is looking to have
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Feb 20, 2017 Cristina | CristiinaReads rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
➳Let the games... BEGIN!

➳ARC kindly provided by publisher, in exchange for an honest review coming closer to release date...

➳Follow Me On:
BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter
Dilek VT
That was a really sweet love story with a high steam level. I totally recommend it when you need a light, fun and hot book with low angst.

FORBIDDEN LOVE

Age/social status problem
- Woman older than man (30 / 22)
- Teacher / university student (senior student & star footballer of the school team)

P.S. Their one-night stand is before they become teacher & student

CHARACTERS

Adorable hero:

“Number seven would like you to know that he loves you.”

- No flaws
- Good looks
- Good character
- Very matu
Alex
Mar 06, 2017 Alex rated it really liked it
"We didn’t match up. Not on paper. Not in person. Somehow though, we just made sense."

Sweet funny lovely read. Loved both MCs. Despite age difference (H 22, h 30) they just clicked and fit.
The hero words and actions were mature and manly for his age. Damn, many men in their 40s can’t hold a candle to him.
Strong sassy heroine. Loved their funny verbal “battles”.
Cute epilogue.
“It’s completely trite, but age is just a number. The questions and strange looks from others will get annoying. Every
Grey
Feb 21, 2017 Grey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars
You all know I sometimes struggle with the male POV. But, I'd just come off the LONGEST book EVER, see my last review of The Last Hour of Gann, and I was in desperate need for a good contemporary romance. Lucky by Carina Adams, definitely fit the bill for me.

This book switches back and forth between the male and female main character POV of Lucky and Sunny. Anyone who follows me, knows that I generally don't do spoilers, so I will just say, that this book is hot as hell... it has some of the BES
Kiki
This 22 years old is definitely more mature than my 22 year old ex husband. He acted like 22 months at that age throwing tantrum. Lucky, was a man, not a boy. A very honourable and loving man!
Look, if this trope isn't for you, it isn't. But there is nothing wrong with an older woman younger man trope. If there's going to be age gaps, I'm willing to accept it for both genders.
Lucky was amazing! He's a 5 star hero.
Sunny was a 5 star heroine.
Max and Allan are 5 star friends.
Main reason why the boo
Julie   (*Happily Ever Chapter*)
Where have you been all my life, Carina Adams?! Seriously, I loved this one! When I was contacted about reviewing this book in exchange for an honest review, I almost said no because I am so behind on my ARCs, but I didn't, and I am SO glad I didn't. This book promised a dirty talking, football playing, alpha hero in a forbidden romance with his college professor. How could I say no to that? I am happy to say that this one definitely delivered.

When Sunny and her best friend are out at a bar, th
ReadingisMyEscape
Mar 07, 2017 ReadingisMyEscape rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

I'll admit that I overlooked this book a few times. Then a GR friend (Alex) reviewed it and peeked my interest. Overall I would say this was a win. I liked the MC's, however, it took me some time to actually warm up to the Hero.

This was due to how he was initially portrayed. The things he would say and his thought process led me to believe that he was quite the manwhore and for a while I worried that he would hook up with OW before him and the heroine came back together (I want to say
Jessica Alcazar
My first taste of Lucky was last year when I read the short version Lucky Chance in the anthology Hot for Teacher Anthology: 19 Stories Filled with Lust and Love. It was ridiculously delicious then and it surpassed itself now as a full length story!

OH BE STILL MY HEART ... Lucky and Sunny both stole my heart with this one! Excellent dialogue with ridic chemistry. These two had me swooning at every page!

You are going to love this "One night stand, my ass." story! #TRUST (seriously)

Copy provided
Pea
Mar 15, 2017 Pea rated it really liked it
“He actually said the words, ‘I want you
in my bed when I get home. Naked. So I
can fuck you hard’? Obviously, I’m
paraphrasing. But he said that?”
“He did,” I admitted.
“I need to Google him.”
“Blossom! No, you don’t.”
“I do. Because I had been drinking that
night. I need to know what you see so I
can help you make the right choice.
What’s his real name?”
“Lucien Chance.”
“You’re fucking a man named Lucky
Chance? I can’t even…” Then she
groaned. “God, I think I’ve just come.
There is no way he can look that g
Lauren Runow
Feb 27, 2017 Lauren Runow rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Lucky when this was released as a teaser novella in an anthology and I waited, not so patiently, for the entire story. So feel lucky (hehe) you get the entire version to devour at one time. I loved the sexiness of the beginning but the trueness that followed had me loving Lucky even more. Now go get Lucky!
Aaly
Apr 02, 2017 Aaly rated it really liked it
** Copy kindly provided by the author for an honest review. **

Lucky, I heart you!!

Review to come.
Ada Frost
Mar 08, 2017 Ada Frost rated it it was amazing
My first five star of the year! :-)
Laura Hampton~iScream Books~
LUCKY!!! Holy crap on a cracker did I LOVE this book! Lucky, Lucky, Lucky!!! This is the first book that I have read by Carina Adams and she has gained yet another new fan/reader. I can't wait to find the time to read more of her work. I generally do not go for the ginger, but holy shit does Lucky pack a smokin' hot dirty mouth to go along with his football star status. I am a sucker for a dirty talkin' man. Something about it just sucks me in and I did not want to put this book down. I read it ...more
Michaelene
Lucky by Carina Adams was a fun and flirty romance that checked all the boxes. I enjoyed this one!

Lucky is a football all-star in college so it’s refreshing when a woman comes into the bar where he works and has no idea who he is. One night of fun is all he expects, but it’s a darn good night. He doesn’t expect to run into her in his college classroom.

And she’s the teacher.

Ermerson, or Sunny as she’s known to her friends, has a new position as a TA in a new town. She’s out to enjoy a night with
Three Chicks
Mar 02, 2017 Three Chicks rated it it was amazing
Review by Jen Skewes

I love a taboo romance especially when it is between a teacher and her student, and there is an age difference between the two of them. Throw in a sexy, sweet and swoon worthy hero that is also written by Carina Adams and you have another fantastic book. It is no secret how much I adore this woman and once again she delivered a book that I loved. She made me laugh and smile and fall in love with yet another one of her heroes. I think with each book of hers I find mys
Mar 07, 2017 Laura rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I read a short story about Lucky and Sunny in the 'Hot for the Teacher Anthology' and I had also previously read the Bama Boys books by this author, so I was glad to see she decided to write a full length story for Lucky and Sunny.

I enjoyed the story and the author writes well from the male POV but there was something lacking. The dialogue is witty and Sunny has a smart mouth but she never seemed to take anything too seriously and considering her and Lucky 'dating' could lead to her los
Irene
Mar 16, 2017 Irene rated it really liked it

Lucky was a sweet, steamy and entertaining read.
Review to follow.
Stefanie Pace
Feb 25, 2017 Stefanie Pace rated it it was amazing
I had to really let this book sink in. Carina trusts me enough to beta read for her so I had to be very honest with her from the start.

Lucky is smoking hot, manly and confident. As his relationship builds with Sunny I was able to see his more vulnerable and caring side. That of course took it to a whole new level. Lucky is one of my favorite male characters Carina has written.

Sunny comes with a little baggage. As the book unfolds and she is questioning her relationship I saw her grow confidence
Stacey spence
Mar 01, 2017 Stacey spence rated it it was amazing
Today this Cougar (Puma) fell in love with a younger ginger named Lucky.

What a great story!! Young Lucien Chance had me laughing, broke my heart with his past and swooning with his dirty dirty mouth.
He met his match with Sunny. She is not only older and wiser but she is hilarious. I may have a small crush on her too.

LOVED this story right up to the epilogue which I hope leads to more books about his siser and best friend Josh.

I can't wait to read what else Carina Adams had written, she just made
Juli Hall
Feb 26, 2017 Juli Hall rated it really liked it
Hot one night stand turns into love. I enjoyed this story, easy read
April
Feb 21, 2017 April rated it it was amazing
Lucky & Sunny
Sitting in a tree, K-i-s-s-i-n-g!
Dates With K
Mar 03, 2017 Dates With K rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, favorites-2017
*****5++ ‘How Long Do I Have You’ STARS*****

The last book I read by Carina Adams ripped my heart out.  I saw it coming, hated what was going to happen but understood the lesson, the feeling she was showing me was important and I ultimately adored it for that reason.  When I opened Lucky I knew this would be a departure from her usual gut-wrenching tale and was intrigued.  In her author’s note Carina declares that, ‘A light and fluffy read may not change lives.  It may not make your view change.
Shannon
Feb 23, 2017 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
If You Happen Upon a Lucky Chance, Hold Tight and Don't Let Go!!!

WOW!!! I could not put this book down. I read it in one sitting, it was so good. Lucky is a college sports star with a seemingly easy life. Sunny is an older woman who happens to walk into a bar he is bartending at one summer night, looking for a little fun. What they find in each others turns into so much more.

While they both seem to just be looking for a one-night stand, their relationship gets serious fairly quickly upon later
Nick Fernandes
Feb 27, 2017 Nick Fernandes rated it it was amazing
Quarta-feira passada foi lançado o novo livro da Carina Adams, uma autora que eu não conheci até receber o ARC de Lucky dá SocialButterflyPR em troca de uma review honesta. O livro conseguiu ser um romance bem erótico, sem cair nos clichês, sem drama desnecessário e com uma história que prende o leitor até o fim e me fez já de cara virar fã dessa autora maravilhosa.

Lucky Chance é um jogador de futebol americano universitário de sucesso, que nas noites de folga trabalha no bar de motoqueiros pert
BFDU
Mar 12, 2017 BFDU rated it it was amazing
** Review by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

This...This novel....One word....Brilliant.

This is my first ever read by author Carina Adams, so naturally I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but I as a reader/blogger was willing to take the chance.

What I got what a brilliantly written, detailed and in depth read that I couldn't put down.

In this novel we meet Lucky, senior student at college, all american football star, who works at the local pub Hooligans. He has charm, charisma and
Katie
Mar 19, 2017 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
Lucky by Carina Adams

5 star review

Reviewed on behalf of 2 girls who love books blog.

I will be 100% honest when I say I didn’t want to love this book, I’m a fan of forbidden romances but for some reason not when the woman is older than the man and I have no idea why – but I couldn’t help but fall in love with the characters in this book! I definitely changed my mind from when I first read the synopsis to when I had finished the book.
I loved Sunny! She was not what I expected. She still had her i
I Dont Get Sundays
Feb 27, 2017 I Dont Get Sundays rated it really liked it
This was a refreshing nice light read. Lucky is a star wide receiver and Sunny is a professor at the college where Lucky goes. This story was funny at times. The banter between Lucky and Sunny was nice.

What begins as a one nighter, turns into a infatuation that neither can deny. One night turns into a second, then a weekend, next thing we know we are at the end of the football season.

Sunny tries to keep it on the low down since the man she believes she should be with is also a co worker. Her b
Scott-robert Shenkman
Apr 20, 2017 Scott-robert Shenkman rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I like to take a break from my usual supernatural terror tells and read a nice romance and a great HEA.

(oops – spoiler warning – oh well)

I loved almost all of the characters. I would really love to see the author write a romance story between Sunny's ex and Lucky's ex. Now that would be a supernatural terror tale.

I think the most impressive character in the book was Lucky. That he could go through so much suffering at the beginning of his life and turn out to be such a well ad
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
7381995
Carina Adams has been writing and creating characters for as long as she can remember, allowing her to fall in love with the next man of her dreams with every new story.
Thankfully, fate stepped in and granted her the ultimate wish - a life full of men. Carina lives in a picturesque New England town with her husband, the man who ruined the thought of all others, and two amazing sons who always keep
More about Carina Adams...